Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:57 pm 

Through the DVD set I learnt that Seyss-Inquart had a limp. Didn't know that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:15 pm 

Plook wrote:
The Third Reich’s saucer

In 1937, as Nazi Germany was rising from the ashes of the old German Republic and becoming the world’s first real superpower, an incredible thing happened: aliens crashed their distressed craft into the German countryside. [Secret Treaty: The United States Government and Extra-terrestrial Entities]
The German army was there to pick up the pieces. No record exists, however, indicating whether any bodies were also retrieved.

When word of the crashed disc made it’s way back to the German High Command and the report landed on the Führer’s desk, he immediately ordered elements of the Luftwaffe and Germany’s top aeronautical experts to sift through the remains. Ostensibly, the damaged saucer was moved into a warehouse facility under 24-hour guard near the Rhine. Some parts were also flown to a facility near the Austrian border.
Allegedly, members of the teams that worked on the advanced alien technology were from the Luftwaffe, the Speer Ministry of Arms headed by Albert Speer, and the formal research council, the “Reichsforschungrat,” composed of university professors and industrial engineers.

The teams were assembled to reverse engineer what was salvaged and among the experts called upon were the Horton brothers—who later designed and tested revolutionary flying wing aircraft and the world’s first stealth jet fighter-bomber. Some of their resulting technology may have been gleaned from intense study of the alien craft, although that cannot be proven.

Later, the expertise of Viktor Schauberger was tapped. He was the inventor of the revolutionary imploder motor that created an imploding vortex. That motor may have been the basis for later S.S. experiments in Poland with the notorious Glocke (Bell) device that reportedly created inter-dimensional rifts in space-time. [The S.S. Brotherhood of the Bell: The Nazis' Incredible Secret Technology].

Italian researcher Renato Vesco, in his classic and well-researched book, "Intercept – But Don’t Shoot: The True Story of the Flying Saucers" asserts that the Nazis were working on many advanced propulsion systems and rudimentary anti-gravity devices to power their disc-shaped, or lenticular, aircraft.

Alien craft spurred German’s engineering efforts

Although vastly influenced by the capture of an actual disc, research into circular aircraft had been going on as far back as the experiments in Italy before 1920 with crude jets attached to aerodynamic discs. [Hitler's Flying Saucers]

The ET craft served to advance propulsion, electronics and provided clues to workable designs, but the scientists were at a loss regarding the metallurgy as the craft was composed of materials unknown to them and impossible to duplicate in the lab.

Some of Germany’s most advanced theoretical engineers and physicists were personally tasked by Hitler to get the technology working and make it available for the war effort. In that regards, geniuses like Ballenzo, Habermohl, Miethe and Schriever were recruited.

Documents captured by the Allies after the war ended indicate that Schriever was the first to have some success with the disc technology. His own research, augmented by what had by then been deduced from the retrieved saucer, enabled him to build a working craft powered by specially designed jet engines. The craft, however, was unstable. The first two versions ended in disasterous crashes killing the test pilots. [Man-Made UFOs, 1944-1994: Fifty Years of Suppression].

Tides of war turn, Nazis expand saucer projects

As the years advanced and the Allies began counter-attacking Germany, some Nazi officials began pressuring Schauberger to adapt a verson of his Repulsine imploder to serve as the motive force for a different type of disc craft using the vortex propulsion motor.

Although the Nazi engineers and scientists built their first experimental saucers from light steel or heavy aluminum, the steel still proved too heavy and the aluminum too soft and not tough enough to withstand the stress subjected to it when molded into a lens-shaped craft.

Frustrated scientists finally gave up trying to unravel the mystery of the alien metal and succeeded in creating their own version with an alloy of aluminum and magnesium in 1944. The new alloy was exactly what they needed to design bigger and better craft. The metal was light, yet more durable than simple aluminum.

Hitler pressed the engineers onwards with greater frenzy. Germany was now suffering nightly bombing raids and factories across the country had been moved to gigantic underground facilities. Aircraft production lines were being hampered and destroyed and the rocket facility run by Werner von Braun at Peenemünde was not back up to full capacity after being bombed in 1943.

Slave laborers, mostly Slavic, were pressed into service to produce V-2 rockets, advanced aircraft, synthetic fuel, high explosives…and incredible remote-controlled flying saucers.

According to documents and the testimony of surviving Polish slave laborers, the Germans actually created an assemblyline to manufacture a flying disc weapon called the Kugelblitz (ball lightening).

The Allied pilots called them Foo-fighters.

The Kugelblitz was the first real flying saucer ever manufactured by any nation on Earth. Several of the tests were secretly attended by Hitler and his S.S. chief, Heinrich Himmler.

According to captured documents, the radio-controlled craft were made in the underground factories at Thuringia and the craft varied in size from 10 to 15-feet across. Reportedly they were amazingly manueverable and were able to achieve speeds of more than 1,250 miles per hour. They emitted a strong electo-static field designed to disrupt the electrical circuits of conventional aircraft causing enemy planes to falter, dive, and crash.

Other saucers

Prototypes of other saucers were designed and engineering mock-ups were made. Some made it as far as wind tunnel tests. A few disc craft other than Schriever’s early attempts were constructed and flown.

About 18 months before the Germans surrendered, Hitler pinned his hopes—and those of Germany—on the incredible potential of a mind-boggling array of superweapons. The greatest of the weapons were his new class of Vengeance weapons.

The old V-weapons were the rocket plane V-1 and intracontinental missile V-2. Hitler’s dream envisioned the world’s first cruise missile: a V-3 sub-orbital, intercontinental hypersonic rocket capable of hitting New York and Washington.

S.S. Reichsführer Himmler recommended S. S. Grupenführer Hans Kammler to head the saucer projects and save the Fatherland. Hitler agreed.

Undoubtedly, Germany’s superweapons—specifically those they were perfecting in the closing months of the war—would have defeated the Allies and helped Germany conquer and rule Western and Eastern Europe, suppress the U.S.S.R., and keep America neutered—even with the new atomic weapon the U.S. had developed.

But the Germans ran out of time.

Some argue that no matter what the Nazis had, they could not have staved off American atomic attacks. Yet evidence exists that in the final weeks of the war the Germans successfully detonated their own low-yield atomic bomb and that coupled with stealth aircraft, the imploder vortex motor, advanced television bombs, the hypersonic V-3 “Amerika Bomb,” and flying saucer fighters—ostensibly augmented with harvested alien technology—would have sealed the fate of the Nazi’s enemies…

…and perhaps Adolf Hitler would have attained his twisted dream of a Thousand Year Reich.

:smoke:

Needed to bump want to make sure everyone gets some of these hard to find facts... :!:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:50 pm 

Is that an attempt at comedy? The battle of the bulge was the deciding factor on the western front, and the race was on for the bomb. The bulge was the decisive battle coupled with Hitler micro managing his generals and the Luftwaffe in particular. All that said we had the best most determined military along with the allies. Sheer will and love of freedom.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:03 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Is that an attempt at comedy? The battle of the bulge was the deciding factor on the western front, and the race was on for the bomb. The bulge was the decisive battle coupled with Hitler micro managing his generals and the Luftwaffe in particular. All that said we had the best most determined military along with the allies. Sheer will and love of freedom.

I did not write the artical, but I assure you that everything in there is factual and comes directly from past and recently released documents, they always hold the UFO stuff back the longest...it has been the most importent subject to the World Powers for over 70 years

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:14 pm 

http://gentlemanadventurer.travellerspoint.com/692/

Thuringia: Germany's Secret Underground

the Wunderwaffen V1 and V2 rockets were produced here (in the Mittelbau-Dora and Lehesten mines)
the Wunderwaffe surface-to-air missile "Wasserfall" was built here (in Mittelbau-Dora)
the Wunderwaffe ultrasonic torpedo "Aal" was built here (in the Kolditz mine near Probstzella)
the Wunderwaffen Messerschmidt turbo-engined fighter jets were built here (REIMAHG facilities inside and on the Walpersberg)
the Wunderwaffe Horten delta wing stealth fighter was produced here (in Friedrichroda)
other delta wings, ground-effect aircraft and even rocket-powered aircraft like the Me-163 "Komet" were developed and built here by Prof. Alexander Lippisch (Arnstadt)
the direct-energy weapon "Rheotron" was produced here (in Burggrub, Bavarian border, near Sonneberg; captured by the US on April 14, 1945)
the direct-energy weapon KSK "Kraftstrahlkanone" of Prof. Ernst Schiebold existed, possibly moved from Aschaffenburg-Ostheim to Thuringia (but probably not fully functional)
the intercontinental "Silbervogel" antipodal missile, or "Amerika-Rakete" was developed here (albeit not to a functional level) by Prof. Ernst Sänger [one of the few NS scientists later "hired" by France, not the US or the SU]
the "Sun Gun" may have been developed here, but not to a functional level (actually in Hillersleben near Magdeburg)
the Z4 ("V4") Computer by Konrad Zuse (briefly in Dora-Mittelbau)
the general exploitation and plunder by the US of German industrial patents amounting to US$ 10 bio in 1945 values! (Prof. John Gimbel's Report)
the top-engineers of these high-tech programs (such as Wernher von Braun, Kurt Diebner, Alexander Lippisch, etc.) were to be "hired" by the US (Operations ALSOS / Overcast / Paperclip with a total of 500 captured scientists according to the Harold Brunser Report. And Operation Safehaven with a total of 3.800 scientists & families blocked in Germany. Pre-war almost ALL important nuclear scientists had studied or lectured in nearby Göttingen (Lower Saxony), including Born, Hahn, Diebner, Heisenberg, Meitner, Pauli, Planck, Fermi, Teller and Oppenheim.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:24 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:07 pm 

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg trials

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 am 

Göring ! Also known as Hermann Meier since he proclaimed loudly that he will be named Meier - a very common name in Germany - if only one bomb would drop on Berlin. A great book about Meier and the psyche of other Nazi war criminals is Gustave Gilberts "The Nuremberg Diary".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:47 am 

This is the U-Boat base in Downtown Bordeaux. It was bombed with the largest bombs of the war and was only dented. There have been many projects to convert it into something usefull but to no avail. The Germans sure knew about concrete...Demolition will cost millions so it's still here. It's quite ugly.
Historically the Bordeaux base was managed by the Italians as Mussolini was promised an atlantic ocean naval base by Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:41 am 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Göring ! Also known as Hermann Meier since he proclaimed loudly that he will be named Meier - a very common name in Germany - if only one bomb would drop on Berlin. A great book about Meier and the psyche of other Nazi war criminals is Gustave Gilberts "The Nuremberg Diary".

A great book.
Göring - definitely one of the worst Nazis. But, once weaned off drugs - not always stupid. DM's quote of his is one of the few things he said that I can agree with.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:02 am 

Interesting photo Acadian, but could you try to scale such images in the future?
I can't remember seeing that when I went to Bordeaux. Paint it? Bleach? Calligrafitti?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 am 

Just discovered that William Carto, a leading holocaust denier, died at the end of last month at the age of 89.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... es-aged-89
This news made me strangely happy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:57 am 

Caputh wrote:
Just discovered that William Carto, a leading holocaust denier, died at the end of last month at the age of 89.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... es-aged-89
This news made me strangely happy.

Hopefully he gased himself... :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:51 am 

The T34 - the tank that won the war on the Eastern Front - the most effective weapon in the war in Europe? Or what do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:41 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:48 pm 

Caputh wrote:

The T34 - the tank that won the war on the Eastern Front - the most effective weapon in the war in Europe? Or what do you think?

The most effective was the atomic bomb. But at least the T34 was better than that Dutch little Renault FT-17, which only had the purpose of soothing Dutch citizens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:28 pm 

When I get a chance I will tell you a great WWII story that I was directly involved with, I just remebered it when reminising with my daughter today... :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:11 pm 

Caputh wrote:

I think it was this guy:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:36 am 

BBP wrote:
Caputh wrote:

The most effective was the atomic bomb.

Well, obviously -but I was really talking about Europe.

Turing's work in decrypting ENIGMA was a world changer, that is true. However, I'd always understood that the Allies had problems making use of the information gained through Bombe, ULTRA and Colossus, "...because any too blatant response to it would cause the Germans to suspect their messages were being read."
(http://www.history.co.uk/study-topics/h ... e-breaking)

It's still the simplicity of the T34 (particularly in comparison e.g. to the technically superior German Tiger) and the fact that, in contrast to the German plethora of panzers, it only required one set of spare parts that impresses me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:18 am 

The best tank debate is more complex than just what tank was best;the T-34 had impressive specifications but serious reliability issues in the field: U.S. experts examining a 1942-model T-34 were shocked to discover that the life of the tank's diesel engine was only 72 hours, while the engine air filter was so poorly designed that motors could only survive a few hundred miles of dusty roads before they were finished (the Americans also discovered that the British Cromwell required 199 man-hours of maintenance compared to 39 for the M4A3).

Do historical rankings make a difference beyond mere curiosity? The answer is yes, for those wise enough to learn from history. The post-1945 U.S. military has been fond of cutting-edge weapons; if you could transport today's Pentagon back to 1943, it would doubtless choose to build Tigers instead of Shermans or T-34s.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 am 

It was sustained mass production (Henry Ford) beginning at home which helped turn the tide.
Example:Willow Run produced 8,000 B-24 Liberators. Used by U.S.A., The Royal Air Force, Royal Australian Airforce. Heavy Bomber, Anti-submarine warfare, maritime patrol.

Studebaker produced 200,000 of the US6 truck. The majority of which were sent to The Soviet Union to assist their troops.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:59 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:

It was sustained mass production (Henry Ford) beginning at home which helped turn the tide.
Example:Willow Run produced 8,000 B-24 Liberators. Used by U.S.A., The Royal Air Force, Royal Australian Airforce. Heavy Bomber, Anti-submarine warfare, maritime patrol.

Studebaker produced 200,000 of the US6 truck. The majority of which were sent to The Soviet Union to assist their troops.

That's a good tactical point. Supply being important than anything else (c.f. El Alamein).
I'm still not massively impressed by the Tiger, tho' BS. Technically, a Rolls Royce of tanks in WWII - practically prone to breakdowns, heavy, complicated to repair in the field and with a high fuel consumption. The advantage of the T34 would, at least to me, appear to be the easy and quick mass-production production, adatability and easy to use.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:25 am 

My point is there was no one design in ww2 that could be considered "best".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:02 pm 

If a Republican had been president of the US in WWII, we'd all be speaking German and Japanese right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:04 pm 

You are an idiot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next