Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 am
Posts: 6003
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Disco Boy wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
3 Reasons Why You Should Get Ready to “Feel The Bern” IN YOUR WALLET!!

http://hypeline.org/3-reasons-why-you-s ... ur-wallet/

Image

To many on the Left, electing Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders seems ideal. He promises a “Political Revolution” of equality, restoration, and endless amounts of free stuff. But does Bernie Sanders have the ability to follow through with all that he promises? And if he does, are his ideas really what’s best for America? Let’s take a further look into Bernie’s blanket statements.

1) Free is not always better. Bernie Sanders is all about free stuff. He promises free college, non-discriminatory welfare, and free medical care. If the government provides unlimited amounts of free goods and services, the funding has to come from somewhere. So where will all of that money come from? You guessed it, our taxes. Free stuff doesn’t fall from the sky. When the country is already in $18 trillion of debt, there has to be a trade off.

2) Financial success will result in punishment. According to his website Bernie Sanders vows to “lift the cap on taxable income above $250,000.” Senator Sanders believes that more tax revenue will be gained by increasing taxes on the wealthy. The reality is that the more taxes are raised on higher earners and corporations, the more they will move their personal and corporate income out of the country. The tax burden will then shift to the middle class in order to fund the endless programs envisioned by the Left. Shouldn’t we instead be creating a tax structure and robust economy that will attract and retain not only U.S. but foreign investment?

3) Money does’t grow on trees. If Sanders is elected president, he promises to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. What is wrong with that? Minimum wage jobs are meant for those entering the workforce. These jobs are not meant to be a career or profession. As Americans, we should be constantly striving for progress. As the minimum wage increases, prices of goods and services will be forced to go up. This creates an endless cycle of earning more and spending more. Are you sensing a trend here? Instead of raising the minimum wage on entry level jobs, we should create a robust economy that will foster career level positions with higher wages and opportunity.


A libertarian publication that is about as credible as Tom & Jerry doesn't really count for shit Jaypeespunked.


Dude, if Bernie Sanders were elected President Of The United States Of America, since he wants to raise the minimum wage to $15 p/h (Walmart can't even afford an average wage of $15 p/h!) and tax many businesses over 90%, that would UTTERLY DESTROY the private sector, especially since it's already on its last legs.

The above article is correct. STOP being so fucking stupid.



I have an honours degree in politics so I don't need lessons on politics, I'm now doing a Master of Science degree on climate change and I've been funded to study it by a private bank, so stupidity is one thing I do lack in abundance. Sorry to mention that, as I don't like blowing my own trumpet.

The fact is, neoliberal economics don't work, they've never worked and there is no such thing as a trickle down economy; it's simply a term invented to usher in the era of austerity we're now going through.

The minimum wage in the UK just now is about £7.95 which is around 11-12 US dollars. If America is the richest country in the world and Britain the 4th richest, how come Britain can pay more of a minimum wage? By the way, our minimum wage is going up to £9 per hour in 2018 and right now, anyone who earns below £9,000 a year doesn't have to pay tax on their earnings. So if poorer countries can do it then the USA surely can, it's simply about how evenly you would like the nation's wealth distributed.

Do you like the fact a handful of powerful white men own almost all the wealth in the USA?

My honours dissertation was on neoliberalism and globalisation. A huge chunk of it was to do with the decline of egalitarian principles, so I know what I'm talking about whether you agree or not.

A person can only understand a situation to their own level of perception, they have an inability to see beyond that and this is quite simply the problem you have.

I also use academic journals to get my information, not right wing websites.

With regards to the capitalist economy in the USA being on its last legs, the reason for this is that they believe capitalism works itself. This is an easily checkable fact for you - the most wealthy period in modern history where almost everyone had a job was the era from 1950 to 1973 and was known as the golden era of economics. This was a time when governments spent big on infrastructure and invested in jobs so that people could work, it was Keynesian economics and it was introduced because they knew that it was the laissez-faire liberalism of the 19th century which led to the first world war. The unfettered wealth of the few, left the masses in poverty and we ended up with two world wars as a result.

This is the system you are saying will fix America and you sir, are an idiot for saying so. Do you realise, this is the fascist theocracy Zappa warned about?

So, in your own words, stop being so fucking stupid.

_________________
Solipsism
Ambidextrous Records
Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
you left out many reasons the US economy works, like 58% of all people working work for SMALL business, more than 5 people own 1% of the wealth, and the large corporations are what individual retirement accounts are invested in. If we can get the social engineering of the obama admin out, then lower the corporate tax rate to be competitive with country's like Ireland, then our economy will really take off . This is all capitalism.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2941
Excellent read there, Scrut.

I ain't got no fancy learning but I test well.

The period you speak of, generally, 1947 to 1971 is also known as the "golden quarter". Technology advanced significantly during this period, and a lot of what we have going on today is derived from products and concepts created during this period. Some say this is hooey designed to help the "greatest generation" pat itself on the back, but many take it seriously, and this guy says that in effect, technology is ceased to advance since 1971...

https://aeon.co/essays/has-progress-in- ... -to-a-halt

You are absolutely correct, this is Zappa's Christian dystopia. This notion is left out of the mass debate completely, under the ruse that people's religions do not matter, so long as they adhere to one of the major labels. The truth is that a lot of folks take their religions pretty seriously, in an irrational act of "faith". This is why it is so easy to get some dumb Americans to panic over Muslims coming into "their" territory. If a certain number of Muslims are also taking their religions on faith, then there will be conflict, because it's tough for two separate "truths" to exist on the local level.

...and other religions fuck the bitch while the larger dogs are fighting over her.

Some of the debaters here have a hard time seeing the world from another perspective. Try seeing from the point of view of a Jesus freak with his mind messed up. That's American public opinion, and you can say that's mostly in flyover land but you know there's a Christian church on every street corner in this country throughout. People really believe in that shit. Atheists are never elected.

...and yes, this really is a Twenty-first Century religious war, in the minds of the minions. In the minds of those that profit, it's the coolest thing ever. I can just see them laughing because we are stupid enough to deserve our deaths.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
My main problem with any more refugees at this time is the feds taking my tax dollars and giving them to refugees. The country is broke, very easy to understand. When you are broke you stop spend ing money.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5373
Location: Vancouver, BC
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Dude, if Bernie Sanders were elected President Of The United States Of America, since he wants to raise the minimum wage to $15 p/h (Walmart can't even afford an average wage of $15 p/h!) and tax many businesses over 90%, that would UTTERLY DESTROY the private sector, especially since it's already on its last legs.

The above article is correct. STOP being so fucking stupid.



I have an honours degree in politics so I don't need lessons on politics...


Yes, you do. Especially since most academic study nowadays is heavily left-wing bias.

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
The minimum wage in the UK just now is about £7.95 which is around 11-12 US dollars. If America is the richest country in the world and Britain the 4th richest, how come Britain can pay more of a minimum wage? By the way, our minimum wage is going up to £9 per hour in 2018 and right now, anyone who earns below £9,000 a year doesn't have to pay tax on their earnings. So if poorer countries can do it then the USA surely can, it's simply about how evenly you would like the nation's wealth distributed.


And that's one of the many reasons why the UK and most of Europe are FAR worse off than North America is right now, genius.

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Do you like the fact a handful of powerful white men own almost all the wealth in the USA?


Of course not. My politics are primarily Libertarian and the belief in free-er markets - which would diminish the top 1%'s profit margins since there would be more competition, not increase them. You don't even need to get into the economics of it, since basic arithmetic proves that.

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
My honours dissertation was on neoliberalism and globalisation. A huge chunk of it was to do with the decline of egalitarian principles, so I know what I'm talking about whether you agree or not.


Unfortunately, you do NOT.

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
A person can only understand a situation to their own level of perception, they have an inability to see beyond that and this is quite simply the problem you have.

I also use academic journals to get my information, not right wing websites.


You mean you use left-wing bias journals to get your information.

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
With regards to the capitalist economy in the USA being on its last legs, the reason for this is that they believe capitalism works itself. This is an easily checkable fact for you - the most wealthy period in modern history where almost everyone had a job was the era from 1950 to 1973 and was known as the golden era of economics. This was a time when governments spent big on infrastructure and invested in jobs so that people could work, it was Keynesian economics and it was introduced because they knew that it was the laissez-faire liberalism of the 19th century which led to the first world war. The unfettered wealth of the few, left the masses in poverty and we ended up with two world wars as a result.

This is the system you are saying will fix America and you sir, are an idiot for saying so. Do you realise, this is the fascist theocracy Zappa warned about?


Bullshit.

Dude, first of all, a laissez-faire economy has technically NEVER existed. Even a mostly Libertarian-minded person like myself would even agree there would have to be SOME regulatory activity economically. And secondly, there are MORE left-wing policies (over-regulations, taxations, rules, red tape, etc.) in the system than EVER. So how could what you're saying be true?! It is in fact Keynesianism itself that is partly responsible (as well as the Federal Reserve, the top 1% bankers & left-wing bailout policies, etc.) for the economic meltdown of the past several years. Don't believe me? Look at what it did to the Zimbabwean, Greek, Spanish & Cyprus currencies. And the USD is probably next. You simply cannot over-borrow, over-spend, over-print and go into MASSIVE debt without their being SEVERE economic issues. Common sense tells us that.

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
So, in your own words, stop being so fucking stupid.


You've got a LOT to learn, junior.

Lastly, apart from De Beers Diamond Company, ALL monopolies that have occurred throughout world history, have been through over-regulatory activities, taxations, rules, red tape, etc. In other words, it's the Government that is HELPING the top 1% gain control and to create a larger wealth divide than would otherwise be, by allowing the top 1% to hire lobbyists to write regulations, in order to push out other competitors, and in turn that makes the top 1%'s pie LARGER. THAT is how they're doing it. Wake up!

And Frank Zappa would agree.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5396
Disco Boy wrote:
And Frank Zappa would agree.

You didn't.

**
FZ loved yuppies! Particularly those who played around in politics and television muzak production.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6063
Location: Over there! (last)
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
My main problem with any more refugees at this time is the feds taking my tax dollars and giving them to refugees. The country is broke, very easy to understand. When you are broke you stop spend ing money.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
I see that through your last post mng that you still ignore the homeless as well as any grip on reality.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15750
Location: misanthropia
yeah, but ya gotta admit... THOSE FUNNYASFUCK CARTOONS!

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6063
Location: Over there! (last)
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I see that through your last post mng that you still ignore the homeless as well as any grip on reality.

How long did it take you to come up with this brain-fart?

_________________
Image
Never argue with stupid people; they will drag you
down to their level and then beat you with experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6813
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
How does a country which is a home to many of the richest people on the planet, profiting from various companies making many billions of profit every year end up being broke?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5396
polydigm wrote:
How does a country which is a home to many of the richest people on the planet, profiting from various companies making many billions of profit every year end up being broke?

When it's a shell country. A Puppet country. A shadow of Europe.

answer b: Greed and sloth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5373
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
And Frank Zappa would agree.

You didn't.

**
FZ loved yuppies! Particularly those who played around in politics and television muzak production.


Wtf are you rambling on about now? :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 7
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I think he is what this country does NOT need, this guy wants to raise tax to 90% on wages above 250 g, then give the money away. That much socialism does not work, check Greece. i will vote for the person that has a good solution to pay down the country s 18 trillion dollar debt, it will be 20 trillion by the next election. For reference you can take all of EVERYONES money in the states, and not come close to 20 trillion.


Your info is inaccurate. I don't mind discussing any topic but if facts are unimportant to you then no one is going to take you seriously. Just trying to help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 7
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Bernie only appeals to the low information voter and those who pay No income tax, you know who you are.


Maybe I shoulda kept reading before I posted earlier. I see now you like to be inflammatory. Again, cannot take you seriously. Think about what you've done and let's talk again after your time out for 1- not gathering actual facts before you speak and 2- being a provocateur.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
RBG wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Bernie only appeals to the low information voter and those who pay No income tax, you know who you are.


Maybe I shoulda kept reading before I posted earlier. I see now you like to be inflammatory. Again, cannot take you seriously. Think about what you've done and let's talk again after your time out for 1- not gathering actual facts before you speak and 2- being a provocateur.



This is fact, and I will add Bernie the career politician, (think about that) has been in DC for over 25 years , you tell me his accomplishments. I can find only 2 minor bills. Very simply his halfbaked ideas will not work, he has already backed off the 90% tax bracket but has not said exactly to what. if you like Bernie as a politician fine , but economically speaking his idea's just will not work not to mention they would never get through congress.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 10205
Location: Anywhere but here
Sanders is a crack pot, wussy, Socialist hunk of shit!!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7860
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Actually, Sanders' fiscal and social record is quite successful. In '87 he was ranked as America's best mayor according to a US News poll.


I guarantee that every single person on this forum who is criticizing Sanders know absolutely nothing about his political record.

Another thing those criticizing Sanders don't realize is that there is more than one type of Socialism, and that they themselves are also Socialists. The correct term for Conservative Socialism is Nationalist Socialism. Look it up...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_socialism



(I'm not a Bernie supporter, though do like much of what he has to say)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
It is you that does not know Bernies record in DC, you site local mayor from the 80's? Showing your ignorance once again

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 10205
Location: Anywhere but here
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
It is you that does not know Bernies record in DC, you site local mayor from the 80's? Showing your ignorance once again


hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

FEEL THE BURN!!!!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 6063
Location: Over there! (last)
Rick McKee
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7860
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
jaypfunk wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
It is you that does not know Bernies record in DC, you site local mayor from the 80's? Showing your ignorance once again


hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

FEEL THE BURN!!!!


Spoken like TRUE Nationalist Socialists. Zieg Heil motherfuckers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
You must be referring to Bern, he and Hillary both want bigger government and control what is that called? Like them if you want but if they get in you lose more control of your self just like now just try not having insurance that is fascism

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re: bernie rmf
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10218
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BERNIE SANDERS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2941
Perfect!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group