Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Woman calls 911, gets killed by Minneapolis police, source says

(CNN) A woman shot and killed by Minneapolis police had called 911 to report a possible crime near her home, a source who knew her said.

Justine Ruszczyk called 911 on Saturday night because she thought a sexual assault might be taking place in a back alley near her home, the source said.

But after Minneapolis police arrived, an officer shot and killed Ruszczyk.

Police still haven't explained how, or why.

more (or less) here :arrow: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/us/minnea ... index.html

Why don't you tell us all what you're doing about it? I don't need to read the story. I've got enough infotainment for the night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 am 

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:48 am 

Clay Jones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am 

Dash cam shows drunk driver crashing into police officer

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-40808127/dash-cam-shows-drunk-driver-crashing-into-police-officer

The policeman was catapulted through the air after a suspected drunk driver hit him during a traffic stop in Texas.

Matt Lesell was able to walk away from the scene and is being treated for injuries to his back and foot. No one else was badly hurt in the crash.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:40 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Dash cam shows drunk driver crashing into police officer

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-40808127/dash-cam-shows-drunk-driver-crashing-into-police-officer

The policeman was catapulted through the air after a suspected drunk driver hit him during a traffic stop in Texas.

Matt Lesell was able to walk away from the scene and is being treated for injuries to his back and foot. No one else was badly hurt in the crash.

I like the choice of advert that precedes the video clip. It's for a speedy sports car! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:41 am 

Utah nurse arrested for refusing to hand over blood

The footage shows Alex Wubbels, who was following the hospital's protocol, being arrested in Utah in July, after refusing to hand over a vial of a patient's blood to the police.

Salt Lake City's mayor, Jackie Biskupski, said the footage was "unacceptable" and that she has called Miss Wubbels to offer a "personal apology".

>> http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41131664/utah-nurse-arrested-for-refusing-to-hand-over-blood << Video

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 

US police shoot deaf man 'ignoring commands'

A deaf man has been shot and killed by Oklahoma City police officers as he approached them holding a metal pipe.

The two officers did not hear neighbours shouting "he can't hear you", before opening fire, police captain Bo Mathews said.

Magdiel Sanchez, 35, was fatally shot on Tuesday evening as police were investigating a hit and run.

The shooting is being investigated by city homicide detectives to determine if it was legally justified.

"In those situations, very volatile situations, you have a weapon out, you can get what they call tunnel vision," Cpt Mathews said, adding that Sanchez was about 15 ft (4.5m) away when both officers fired their weapons simultaneously.

Eight-year veteran Sgt Christopher Barnes fired his handgun at the same exact moment Lt Matthew Lindsey fired a Taser, witnesses told police.

"You can really lock in to just the person that has the weapon that'd be the threat against you," Cpt Mathews added, explaining why officers did not respond to the shouts of about a half dozen bystanders screaming that Sanchez was deaf.

The 2ft (0.6m) pipe that Sanchez was holding as he sat on his porch was initially described to officers as a stick.

Neighbours say that Sanchez, who was non-verbal, would use the pipe and his hands to communicate and also to protect against stray dogs near his home where he lived with his father.

Sanchez's father, who drove the hit and run vehicle, later confirmed that his son was deaf.

Police say the victim had no known criminal history.

Sgt Barnes, who fired his handgun, has been placed on administrative leave, pending an investigation. The first officer on scene, Lt Lindsey, will remain on active duty. Neither officer was wearing a body camera.

This is not the first shooting to draw attention to Oklahoma police in recent years.

In a 2015 a Tulsa volunteer deputy shot a man who had already been subdued. The officer, who received a four-year sentence, claimed that he attempted to fire his Taser but mistakenly used his pistol.

In May a white policewoman was acquitted of shooting an unarmed black man whose hands were raised in the air at the time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41351249

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:18 pm 

US policeman guilty of Australian's murder

A former policeman in the US state of Minnesota has been found guilty of murdering an unarmed Australian woman.

Mohamed Noor shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond as she approached his patrol car to report a possible rape behind her Minneapolis home on 15 July 2017.

Noor, 33, testified last week that he opened fire because he feared he and his partner were being ambushed.
Ms Damond, 40, a yoga instructor from Sydney, was engaged and was due to marry a month after the shooting.

The death drew international criticism and Australia's prime minister at the time, Malcolm Turnbull, said it was "inexplicable".

Noor was handcuffed and taken into custody immediately upon being convicted by a jury on Tuesday of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

He was acquitted of the most serious charge of second-degree murder with intent to kill.

more here :arrow: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48113953

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYBshAScmE

BELLYLOLS

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:09 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:02 am 

oh cool, hey daveo!
it feels like it's been at least 8 or 9 years since you have responded to one of my posts.
truth be told, i was considering deleting my account in a week and a half.
now/the way things are shaping up so far this morning, looks like i am sticking around for the long haul!

anyhoozies, you still doing that tribute band thing?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
truth be told, i was considering deleting my account in a week and a half.
now/the way things are shaping up so far this morning, looks like i am sticking around for the long haul!

No tribute show in two years.

I may play a 4th of july show this summer. Blues and Rock covers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:30 am 

coevad wrote:
No tribute show in two years.

coevad wrote:
I may play a 4th of july show this summer. Blues and Rock covers.

suh wee tuh!
let's see if i can guess some of the blues covers!!

john lee hooker - boom boom
muddy waters - manish boy
some george thorogood
some srv, nah... scratch that one
a rendition of baby, please don't go

how did i do?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5