Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:13 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Here's a sample of what Jon Burge had his cops do in order to coerce confessions from innocent people:

Burge and other Chicago Police officers allegedly used methods of torture that left few marks. They were accused of slamming telephone books on top of suspect’s heads. There were also three separate electrical devices that Burge and his detectives were accused of using: a cattle prod, a hand cranked device, and a violet wand. They allegedly used a Tucker telephone, an old-style hand cranked telephone which generated electricity, and attached wires to the suspect’s genitals or face. According to veteran sergeant D. J. Lewis, this is a method of torture common in the Korean War, and usually results in a confession. Burge has denied ever witnessing such telephone torture procedures.[2][35] The violet wand was said to be regularly placed either on the anus, into the rectum or against the victim's exposed genitals.[35] They also used stun guns and adapted hair dryers.[11] Burge and officers under his command also allegedly engaged in mock executions, in putting plastic bags over heads, cigarette burnings and severe beatings. At one point he is alleged to have supervised the electrical shocking of a 13 year old boy, Marcus Wiggins.[36][37][38]

We cannot have 'law and order' or respect for the law when things go on like this.

I don't confront police, I don't think it is wise. But it sure feels like disagreeing with the police while black is a lot more dangerous than it is for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm 

Ronnie....You seem like a loving, intelligent family man....but I have to ask you this....Are you anti-cop??? It's an honest question. I expect an honest answer. (with all due respect)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:15 pm 

I'm anti bad cops. I respect the good ones but hate the bad ones.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:23 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I'm anti bad cops. I respect the good ones but hate the bad ones.

Thank you for your reply Ronnie...and for the record good cops hate bad cops as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:04 pm 

These are the kind of cops I like to see - Especially those who stand up to the bad cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bNfUDQkRPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otOmIMiQXQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOT7kdc2ZME

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 pm 
Banned

Can't wait to see this documentary. Opens tomorrow.

The Seven Five

Meet the dirtiest cop in New York City history. In the 1980s, Michael Dowd patrolled the mean streets of one of the toughest precincts in Brooklyn. He also headed a ruthless criminal network that stole money and drugs, ultimately resulting in the city's biggest ever corruption scandal.

http://www.thesevenfivemovie.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:49 pm 

Judges to Review 3,000 Arrests After Racist and Anti-Gay San Francisco Police Texts

Three retired judges will review around 3,000 arrests connected to 14 San Francisco Police Department officers who are under investigation for allegedly sending racist and anti-gay text messages, the city's top prosecutor announced Thursday.

The judges, who are not being paid, will also try to determine if there is a "deeper culture of bias at the SFPD, and what the impact of such bias may be on prosecutions made by the District Attorney's Office," San Francisco District Attorney George Gascón said.

"If just one individual was wrongly imprisoned because of bias on the part of these officers — that's one too many," Gascón said.

The judges will look at the circumstances of the 3,000 arrests to examine whether biases influenced arrest decisions, the decisions of prosecutors and potentially resulted in wrongful convictions.

The review is an expansion of an investigation that was launched after the issues came to light in March via a federal court filing in the case of former San Francisco police officer Ian Furminger, who has since been sentenced to 41 months in prison on a variety corruption-related charges.

Prosecutors, who learned of the texts in the filing, began an investigation and found messages from additional officers. At least 14 cops are currently under investigation, the district attorney's office said.

The new probe is also part of a larger investigation following revelations of faulty testing at the crime lab, and allegations that San Francisco County Sheriff's deputies forced inmates at the county jail to fight "gladiator-style."

The review of the arrests is limited to the officers allegedly involved in the inappropriate text messages, Gascón said. The judges are from outside San Francisco, the district attorney's office said.

"If we want the public to trust law enforcement we need a culture of justice, transparency and accountability — not bias, secrecy and impunity," Gascón said in a statement. "The actions of a few have undermined the public's faith in the police officers who are sworn to protect us."

The investigation into the arrests is expected to be completed at end the year but would not be limited to that time frame, officials said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judges-review-3-000-arrests-bias-after-san-francisco-police-n355626

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

The Seven Five

Meet the dirtiest cop in New York City history...

sounds like the bad lieutenant, a one-man ruthless criminal network that stole money & drugs, snorted blow & dope, 3-wayed with hookers, pimps his girlfriend & still found time to wank it in front of a rockin' teenage audience

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 am 
Banned

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

The Seven Five

Meet the dirtiest cop in New York City history...

sounds like the bad lieutenant, a one-man ruthless criminal network that stole money & drugs, snorted blow & dope, 3-wayed with hookers, pimps his girlfriend & still found time to wank it in front of a rockin' teenage audience

"SHOW ME HOW YOU SUCK A GUYS COCK!!"

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:25 am 

jaypeezies liked that.
that's cute.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:05 am 
Banned

Love that movie. It's in my top 10.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:51 am 

Harvey Keitel was awesome in that role. You can't go wrong with an Abel Ferrara flick.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:47 am 

Nicholas Cage did a good job in the sequel, too...or whatever that was.

5 Reasons Police Have Probably Started The Next Civil War

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-poli ... civil-war/

Humorous and well-thought out! Bravo, Jayp...read it you're in there! Canadians, too!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:11 pm 

Bad Lt was written by a woman. Zoe Lund.

Director Abel Ferrara added some stuff (but not too much according to Zoe). Obviously Keitel did, too.
Great film. Doesn't get much better than this. Ferrara's follow up to King Of New York. He was on a roll. It's gotta be HK's greatest performance.

The sequel has absolutely nothing to do with the original. Werner Herzog simply ripped it off. Not that I watched it.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:27 am 

How many shots does it take to kill innocent driver and passenger in Cleveland? Does it seem right that in a barrage of 137 shots by a group of cops, the primary cop assailant gets aquitted because the court can't tell which of the shots was the actual bullet that killed the innocent drivers? Does it seem reasonable that the sound of a car backfiring should lead to a deadly barrage of 137 bullets without any investigation or even hesitation to see what the situation was in reality? What the fucking fuck??? When will one of these fuckers get convicted? What would it take?

http://news.yahoo.com/verdict-reached-officer-over-deaths-137-shot-barrage-122057059.html

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:51 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
How many shots does it take to kill innocent driver and passenger? Does it seem right that in a barrage of 137 shots by a group of cops, the primary cop assailant gets aquitted because the court can't tell which of the shots was the actual bullet that killed the innocent drivers? Does it seem reasonable that the sound of a car backfiring should lead to a deadly barrage of 137 bullets without any investigation or even hesitation to see what the situation was in reality? What the fucking fuck??? When will one of these fuckers get convicted? What would it take?

http://news.yahoo.com/verdict-reached-officer-over-deaths-137-shot-barrage-122057059.html

Don't put JPF on this case ! :P

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:14 pm 

Mij wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
How many shots does it take to kill innocent driver and passenger? Does it seem right that in a barrage of 137 shots by a group of cops, the primary cop assailant gets aquitted because the court can't tell which of the shots was the actual bullet that killed the innocent drivers? Does it seem reasonable that the sound of a car backfiring should lead to a deadly barrage of 137 bullets without any investigation or even hesitation to see what the situation was in reality? What the fucking fuck??? When will one of these fuckers get convicted? What would it take?

Don't put JPF on this case ! :P

I know this isn't funny, but I couldn't help but laugh at Mij's comment. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:36 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Picture of an NYPD officer beating an unarmed black person in broad daylight while another officer stands idly by!

From my view, it appears to be the other way around. Black has captured white's queen, while trapping white's king in the center of the board. Therefore, an unarmed black person is beating an armed policeman in broad daylight, by which another officer idly stands.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:51 am 

what a complete cunt
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... ty-arrests

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:25 am 

This is why cops will always be referred to as "pigs".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHpNA-BQ-8

McKinney, Texas, Cop Placed on Leave After Pulling Gun on Teens at Pool Party

A police officer in McKinney, Texas, has been placed on administrative leave after a video surfaced showing him wrestling a bikini-clad 14-year-old girl to the ground and aggressively confronting other teens at a pool party, police said Sunday.

Police officers were first called to the scene about 7:15 p.m. (8:15 p.m. ET) Friday to respond to a disturbance at the Craig Ranch Community North Pool in the Dallas area. Several more calls came in reporting that juveniles at the pool were "actively fighting," police said.

McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley said officers who arrived on scene "encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands." Eventually, 12 officers converged on the party, he said. No one was injured, he said.

A video recorded by one attendee at the party showed an officer wrestling the 14-year-old girl to the ground. In another part of the video, the officer pulls his gun on a group of teenagers.

Multiple news outlets have identified the officer as Eric Casebolt. NBC News has not yet confirmed the officer's identity.

Brandon Brooks, who shot the video on his phone, said he found out about the pool party on Twitter. He was leaving the pool with his friend when he heard of a fight outside. Brooks said that the fight was over when cops arrived but that they started chasing people and throwing them on the ground.

"When I started the video was right after all the kids who got put on the ground had gotten up and ran away. The cop was chasing after all those kids just putting every black person he saw on the ground," Brooks said in an email to NBC News.

The camera wasn't rolling during the events leading up to the encounter with police.

more here :arrow: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mckinney-texas-officer-leave-after-wild-pool-party-video-surfaces-n371281

(It appears I was preparing my post at the same time as deuce. Mine took a little longer to put together.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:31 am 

I just watched the video of this. It looked like it was mainly just one asshole cop, not the whole bunch of them on the scene. He was pretty out of control though. But did his fellow "good" officers attempt to stop him from fucking up those kids? No. In my mind, cops who don't intervene with the bad ones are responsible for this shit too. BTW the girl in the yellow bathing suit is 14y.o.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:52 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Cop pulls over man for broken taillight. The man attempts to flee, and is shot in the back eight times. The cop then drops his stun gun next to the victim, and later claims the victim had taken his stun gun, therefore, he had no choice but to shoot him.

South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

view murder and planting of stun gun here :arrow: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — A white police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder on Tuesday after a video surfaced showing him shooting and killing an apparently unarmed black man in the back while he ran away.

The officer, Michael T. Slager, 33, had said he feared for his life because the man took his stun gun in a scuffle after a traffic stop on Saturday. A video, however, shows the officer firing eight times as the man — Walter L. Scott, 50 — fled.

The North Charleston mayor announced the state charges at a news conference Tuesday evening.

The shooting comes on the heels of high-profile incidents of police officers using lethal force in New York, Cleveland, Ferguson, Mo., and elsewhere around the country. The deaths have sparked a national debate over whether police are too quick to use force, particularly in cases involving black men.

A White House task force has recommended a host of changes to the nation’s police policies, and President Obama dispatched Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., to cities around the country to try to improve police relations with minority neighborhoods.

North Charleston is the state’s third-largest city with a population of about 100,000. African-Americans make up about 47 percent of residents, and whites account for about 37 percent. The city police department is about 80 percent white, according to data collected by the Justice Department in 2007, the most recent period available.

“When you’re wrong, you’re wrong,” Mayor Keith Summey said of the shooting during the news conference. “And if you make a bad decision, don’t care if you’re behind the shield or just a citizen on the street, you have to live by that decision.”

The shooting unfolded after Officer Slager stopped the driver of a Mercedes-Benz with a broken taillight, according to police reports. Mr. Scott ran away, and Officer Slager chased him into a grassy lot that abuts a muffler shop. He fired his Taser, an electronic stun gun, but it did not stop Mr. Scott, according to police reports.

Moments after the struggle, Officer Slager reported on his radio, “Shots fired and the subject is down. He took my Taser,” according to police reports.

But the video, which was taken by a bystander and provided to The New York Times by Mr. Scott’s lawyer, presents a different account. The video begins in the vacant lot, apparently moments after Officer Slager fired his Taser. Wires, which carry the electrical current from the stun gun, appear to be extending from Mr. Scott’s body as the two men tussle and Mr. Scott turns to run.

Something — it is not clear whether it is the stun gun — is either tossed or knocked to the ground behind the two men and Officer Slager draws his gun, the video shows. When the officer fires, Mr. Scott appears to be 15 to 20 feet away and fleeing. He falls after the last of eight shots.

The officer then runs back toward where the initial scuffle occurred and picks something off the ground. Moments later, he drops an object near Mr. Scott’s body, the video shows.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, the state’s criminal investigative body, has begun an inquiry into the shooting. The F.B.I. and the Justice Department, which has opened a string of civil rights investigations into police departments under Mr. Holder, is also investigating.

The Supreme Court has held that an officer may use deadly force against a fleeing suspect only when there is probable cause that he “poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.”

Officer Slager served in the Coast Guard before joining the force five years ago, his lawyer said. The police chief of North Charleston did not return repeated calls. Because police departments are not required to release data on how often officers use force, it was not immediately clear how often police shootings occur in North Charleston, a working-class community adjacent to the tourist destination of Charleston.

Mr. Scott had been arrested about 10 times, mostly for failing to pay child support or show up for court hearings, according to the Post and Courier, the local newspaper. He was arrested in 1987 on an assault and battery charge, and convicted in 1991 of possession of a bludgeon, the newspaper reported. Mr. Scott’s brother, Anthony, said he believed Mr. Scott fled from police on Saturday because he owed child support.

”He has four children; he doesn’t have some type of big violent past or arrest record. He had a job, he was engaged,” said Chris Stewart, a lawyer for Mr. Scott’s family. “He had back child support and didn’t want to go to jail for back child support.”

Mr. Stewart said the coroner told him that Mr. Scott was struck five times — three times in the back, once in the upper buttocks and once in the ear — with at least one bullet entering his heart. It is not clear whether Mr. Scott died immediately. (The coroner’s office declined to make the report available to The Times.)

Police reports say that officers performed CPR and delivered first aid to Mr. Scott. The video shows that for several minutes after the shooting, Mr. Scott remained face down with his hands cuffed behind his back. A second officer arrives, puts on blue medical gloves and attends to Mr. Scott, but is not shown performing CPR. As sirens wail in the background, a third officer later arrives, apparently with a medical kit, but also not seen performing CPR.

The debate over police use of force has been propelled in part by videos like the one in South Carolina. In January, prosecutors in Albuquerque charged two police officers with murder for shooting a homeless man in a confrontation that was captured by an officer’s body camera. Federal prosecutors are investigating the death of Eric Garner, who died lat year in Staten Island last year after a police officer put him in a chokehold, an incident that a bystander captured on video. A video taken in Cleveland shows the police shooting a 12-year-old boy, Tamir Rice, who was carrying a fake gun in a park. A White House policing panel recommended that police departments put more video cameras on their officers.

Mr. Scott’s brother said that his mother called him on Saturday, telling him that his brother had been shot by a Taser after a traffic stop. “’You may need to go over there and see what’s going on,” Anthony Scott said his mother told him. When he arrived at the scene of the shooting, officers told him that his brother was dead, but he said they had no explanation for why. “This just doesn’t sound right,” he said in an interview. “How do you lose your life at a traffic stop?”

Anthony Scott said he last saw his brother three weeks ago at a family oyster roast. “We hadn’t hung out like that in such a long time,” Mr. Scott said. “He kept on saying over and over again how great it was.”

At the roast, Mr. Scott got to do two of the things he enjoyed most: tell jokes and dance. When one of Mr. Scott’s favorite songs was played, he got excited. “He jumped up and said, ‘That’s my song,’ and he danced like never before,” his brother said.

South Carolina police officer in Walter Scott shooting indicted on murder charge

The North Charleston, S.C., police officer who fatally shot Walter Scott as he fled a traffic stop this year was indicted by a grand jury Monday on a charge of murder.

This indictment comes two months after Michael Slager was charged with murder for shooting and killing Scott, an event recorded by a bystander’s cellphone and shared widely on cable news and social media. Slager was arrested April 7 and fired from the North Charleston Police Department.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:39 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:45 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Los Angeles Police Panel Says One Officer Was Unjustified in Shooting Death
Commission says one officer acted within policy but another violated it in shooting of Ezell Ford

LOS ANGELES — One of the two police officers involved in the shooting death in August of Ezell Ford, an unarmed, mentally ill black man, behaved improperly throughout the confrontation, and the other was unjustified in drawing his weapon in one instance, a civilian oversight committee for the Los Angeles Police Department ruled Tuesday.

The decision by the commission came after nearly three hours of public comment, with dozens of critics calling the death of Mr. Ford the latest example of overly aggressive police tactics that target black and Latino men.

The commission found that both officers acted improperly when they drew their guns, and that one officer also acted improperly in both approaching Mr. Ford and using his gun. The commission did not elaborate on the reasons for its decision.

more here :arrow: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/lo ... finds.html

"Mr. Ford, 25, was walking through his neighborhood in south Los Angeles when the two officers approached him. After a confrontation in which, the officers said, he lunged for one of their guns, they shot him three times."

GOOD!!

Pigs are notorious lying sacks of shit.

The autopsy report showed that Mr. Ford had been shot three times: once in the side, once in the arm and once in the back. The wound on his back left a muzzle imprint on his skin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:23 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Pigs are notorious lying sacks of shit.

The autopsy report showed that Mr. Ford had been shot three times: once in the side, once in the arm and once in the back. The wound on his back left a muzzle imprint on his skin.

Leave it to our Masqued Crusader, Mr. JPF. He'll sort it out !
Hi-yooo Silver !
:P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next