Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:01 pm 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=0#0 date=06/20/03 at 13:45:27]Today I got my cats from a friend of my sisters!!<br>I've called 'em Jimi & Eddie (Jimi Hendrix & Eddie Vedder).<br>My sister's got one from the same nest and he's called Ozzy. The female fourth one from the nest we already dubbed Madonna because of the spot near her nose, goes to another person my sister knows well (although my mother wanted to have her, but she was too late  :'()<br><br>Here I've got some pix of Jimi & Eddie look-a-likes:<br>[center]Image<br>Jimi[/center] <br><br>[center]Image<br>Eddie[/center][/quote]<br><br>They are gorgeous little kitties!  I have a black cat (of course!) who is 13 yrs old.  And I love him as much as when he first came to live with us!<br><br>Sabrina (I will not talk baby talk, I will not!!!!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:42 pm 

we live with 6 monster kitties /4 ladies, 2 lads.<br>black one named teufelchen(lil devil) looks like norton, the toilet boy. grey and rose one rosinchen(lil raisin cuz she s so small)  we raised by hand and milkbottle cuz we found her when she was only 2 weeks old. <br>missus violet and lu-cie are mom and daughter and stripey brown cuties. and we got two turkish boys named abdul and mustafa. abduls a stripey too and mustys white, brown striped and has a tail like a toilet brush. so huge and fluffy. <br>i adore cats. NOW i gotta get my pics done to show ya.<br>wowie!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:10 pm 

Your cats are TOO CUTE!<br>Soon, you'll be making up voices for them and writing them theme songs.  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:33 pm 

well, mine actually love music! sometimes they sing.<br>honestly, rosinchen starts SWAYING when her fave songs are played, she prefers pakistan folkloristic sounds from nusrat fateh ali khan. i tell the truth, shes mad at it. sitting on the board she sways from side to side. every fucking time!<br>the devil is a rocker. shes always at my side when any kind of heavy metal is played, she grew up with it, like me and used to give musical advice when she was younger. she always removed the records she disliked from the player. it had no top by then and it was easy. <br>the cat ruined a lot of records, believe me. slayer, voivod, mercyful fate....all gone.  no more use to play them in the public.  but she always loved motörhead and sabbath. til now.<br>the others don`t really mind whats playing, they all like zappa of course, oh well, they don`t have a choice anyway. but it really calms em down when they got trouble.us too.  i always said the music of frank is a cure. to anything. so when someones sick , keep it playing. humans and animals can use it.<br>regards<br>wowie!<br>p.s.: didn`t frank zappa make some special  "pet sounds" too?<br>        i think so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:21 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=0#4 date=06/20/03 at 21:16:09]My pal Norton (aka Toilet Gargoyle). Now Spookily, Medusa, and Roosevelt are gonna be jealous for not being given equal "face time".<br>Image<br>[/quote]<br>YEAH!<br><br>    This looks similar to both of my two cats!  Always in your face!<br><br>    One is called Junior....and the other is BOOPER!(He's always making noise!)<br><br>     My first black cat(SPOOKIE) was the best cat I ever had the pleasure of knowing!  He was charming 'til the end...I miss him so much.    (sigh.....!)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:57 pm 

I used to have a cat. :'(<br><br>He was orange coloured and looked like a map on the back. He was really cool. We called him "Tom". Also, if you think its grounded on Frank inspiration, we got him long way before I got to knew about Zappa.<br><br>But now to the sad story why he left us:<br><br>Well, I live in a small place. But I have neighbours infront to the right and left. Our neighbours to the left seems only to love their cars. So when our beloved cat Tom walked on their car so it got dirty, they came and said he was scratching the car.(Bullshit I say). So now hes gone, not that we killed him, no, no. We gave him away so there wouldn't be any more problem.<br><br>Tom! I loved you with my whole heart!<br><br> :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(<br><br>[center]I will always remember you![/center]<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>( :'()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:46 am 

...I lost the last of my two boys last year, my baby was Pete, named after Peter Lorre, cuz when he was born in my house, he had these enormous eyes.He imprinted to me very early, and after I took him from his mom..(Hedda)btw, we were the BEST of friends.He would play fetch with this little ball of tin foil,and would always sleep on my chest.Nine years later,he developed a problem that I had'nt taken into account..he would spend alot of time at the water bowl,and loved people food,he was also a whopping 25 lbs at his highest weight,but after taking him in to the vet for a urinary tract infection..(blood in the urine)..he was found to have advanced diabetes.We gave him insulin twice a day, but he was losing weight fast, and still suffering..the vet and fellow family members of mine..(all cat people btw) said the best thing to do was to put him down...It was genuinely the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do....I cried for a month straight..and even now, I'm getting very choked up.I just hope we meet again in the Afterlife..Skitzi,was my first baby, he was the craziest cat you'd ever know.One time,I had broken my hand,(bad temper) and the doc gave me Demeral for the pain,..well, I stupidly left one on the coffee table one morning,forgetting to take it,went to work,came home,and there was no sign of Skitzi,who would always greet me at the door,I looked all over and found him under the couch looking stoned as a skunk...he was never the same after that....it calmed him down considerably...I then,at the advise of a friend bought a white mouse,so he would learn how to hunt,and when I presented him with his "Quarry",instead of maiming the poor thing,like I thought would happen,he made friends with it,and took it by the nape of it's neck to his bed,like as if it was "his" baby...they were inseperable...he shared his food and water with it as well.I soon reserved myself to this "alliance" and named the mouse "Angelo".He(the mouse) would follow us around the small studio apartment I had then,and if we(Skitzi and I) were on the couch,watching T.V., Angelo would climb up too..True story...you can't make this shit up!!!<br>Poor Skitzi alas,was loosing weight, some 9 years after all this,and again,a trip to the vet revealed the unthinkable....Spleen cancer,...I almost went off the deep end myself, when I finally had to put him down and out of his misery ....sooo sad..But now, I have my wifes cat.."Tigger", she's an ornery calico,but I love her to pieces as my own...my wife raised her from an infant,when the kittens mom was killed by a car...Sorry if this seems long winded, but my guys were/are a big part of me..as I said I hope to God we meet up in the same place someday........"see ya"...Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:47 am 

[quote author=wowie_zowie link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=0#8 date=06/21/03 at 22:33:00]p.s.: didn`t frank zappa make some special  "pet sounds" too?<br>        i think so.[/quote]<br>Chester's gorilla - he go "oink"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:54 am 

Hey, what happened to my post? I put it here 5 minutes ago , checked and it was there, then whammo its gone! Has this ever happened to anyone else?<br><br>I bet one of those fucking cats ate it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:57 am 

Far out. Now its back again - two up. I guess weird things happen when people post things simultaneously. I think I'll lie down for awhile. All this posting is tiring me out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:50 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=0#2 date=06/20/03 at 14:15:33]... he looks like this:<br>Image[/quote]<br>we just got a new 5-month old cat from the shelter<br><br>look's kinda like dirty love's without the shades<br><br><br>any suggestions for names, people?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:53 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=0#14 date=11/09/03 at 10:50:30]<br>we just got a new 5-month old cat from the shelter<br><br>look's kinda like dirty love's without the shades<br><br><br>any suggestions for names, people?[/quote]<br><br>cool or chadwick

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:16 am 

My cat is also a pain in the ass and I love her.<br><br>Except when, like she did the other day, she pukes her food on my bed. Yuck! Image Image<br>Not very pleasant when you're back from a hard day of work Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:34 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=0#14 date=11/09/03 at 10:50:30]we just got a new 5-month old cat from the shelter[/quote]<br>Good for you, Slimey!  :D  You saved a Soul!  (*GIANT HUG*)<br><br>
Quote:
any suggestions for names, people?
<br>Hmmm...well...you didn't tell us your cat's gender so...I had to think of a name which is kind of "neutral".<br><br>I was (of course) figuring on something "Zappa-related" so...upon searching song titles...I came across...<br><br>(*drum roll*)<br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>><br>(*ok, ok...it's a looong drum roll...OK?*)  ;)<br><br>"Jessie Lee"!  :D<br><br>It could work for either gender.  :)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br><br>PS --  A  :-* to little "Jessie Lee"...or whatever you want to call him/her.  :)<br>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:17 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=15#19 date=11/09/03 at 22:58:05]I may have to take matters into my own hands.[/quote]<br>Noooooooooooo!   :o   >:(   :'(<br><br>(*searches for SPCA numbers in California*)  Help me, Slimey!   :-/<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:15 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1056141928;start=15#19 date=11/09/03 at 22:58:05]I may have to take matters into my own hands.[/quote]<br><br>
Quote:
Noooooooooooo!        
<br><br>Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind.<br><br><br>As far as names go, it comes down to what you feel comfortable with if you have to call it loudly out in the yard, which as MTF says is useless anyway.<br><br>Probably not "fuckhead" or "tampax", but how about Les or Eric or George (for no particular reason).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:30 pm 

so far i'm leaning towards:
  • chunga
  • jabla (no f)
  • kenny
  • kong
  • willie
  • waka
  • calvin