Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2941
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9J5Zt2 ... TE&index=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
Great band

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3798
Location: where the dogs roll by
jaypfunk wrote:
Carmine Appice - THE greatest rock drummer of all time and STILL doing it at 68.


Interesting...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/carmine- ... -zeppelin/

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 3910
Location: south midlands, UK
Philostopher wrote:
Glad to see Brian Downey on there.

Brian Downey is currently a bit time drummer with a rory gallagher freak friend of mine called Dave McHugh in Eire.
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15205
Location: misanthropia
Dear jaypfunk, favorite hip hop releases. No particular order, GO!

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
hip hop sucks

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15205
Location: misanthropia
oh cool, BRAVO is on the beat.
I can ride along with that!

BRAVO, why does hip hop suck?

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
It sucks for my taste in music along with disco, here is what i compare, a tune called Moon Germs or any hip hop, hip hop loses . so does rap

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15205
Location: misanthropia
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
here is what i compare, a tune called Moon Germs or any hip hop, hip hop loses . so does rap

Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:07 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 10205
Location: Anywhere but here
Billy Cobham has a song called Moon Germs and it certainly does not suck one bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6dfFlJJ2w

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:11 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 10205
Location: Anywhere but here
I like early 90s gangsta rap a lot. they used cool samples very well and were creative in piecing together the tracks. now assholes like Jay-Z and Poop Daddy just blatantly rip off old songs and do their stupid raps over them. they suck balls. The early 90s top 40 R&B was also terrible.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5233
jaypfunk wrote:
I like early 90s gangsta rap a lot.

Bring It To Ya by Paris (early 90's gangsta rap)

Yeah. Special shout going out to all them motherfucking pigs out there.
Boys in blue. Ghetto gestapo
To serve, protect and break a nigga's neck...is how the saying goes. I'm here to speak on that. Special One, step up and let they ass know


Friday night
Me and Afro Key and The Coup
I'm celebrating cause we coming up and shit is moving
It's the Conscious, The Daughters, Daughters Conscious represent
East O, dipping slow, hit a right on 35th

On my way to kick it with a brother cause it's time
For me to get my feel so I'mma go for mine
But the 5-O wanna follow me and try to break
Cause Special One is making more than piggies on the take

Should I...pull over, and hope the shit is cool?
Or should I mash cause I ain't no motherfucking fool?
See, Oakland California is a city where the pigs don't play
I see that shit everyday so I'mma bring it to ya

Up from the depths quiet as it's kept
A soldier was awakened where a nigga once slept
In the face of adversity, no mercy on my soul
I've seen 'em do the dirt, now blood is running cold

Five deep in a Cutty and I'm gripping on a nine
Cause I'm through crying foul, then running out of time
Got Doc K, Cloud D, Wood and Yonny Yan
Riding pump in the trunk for them piggies when they come

See, niggas steady dying never making front page
In America it's scary, whitey never caught a case
For killing blacks, so we holding court up in the street
Please have some more coffee, death & donuts on your beat

Now some will say, "Cop killer music might incite."
But killer cops whoop on niggas each and every night
So tell me who's to blame for the hate that hate produced
I'm better off dead than with you



http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5z6yq ... g-it_music

Behave!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 4532
Location: Approaching Death
downer mydnyte wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
I like early 90s gangsta rap a lot.

Bring It To Ya by Paris (early 90's gangsta rap)

Yeah. Special shout going out to all them motherfucking pigs out there.
Boys in blue. Ghetto gestapo
To serve, protect and break a nigga's neck...is how the saying goes. I'm here to speak on that. Special One, step up and let they ass know


Friday night
Me and Afro Key and The Coup
I'm celebrating cause we coming up and shit is moving
It's the Conscious, The Daughters, Daughters Conscious represent
East O, dipping slow, hit a right on 35th

On my way to kick it with a brother cause it's time
For me to get my feel so I'mma go for mine
But the 5-O wanna follow me and try to break
Cause Special One is making more than piggies on the take

Should I...pull over, and hope the shit is cool?
Or should I mash cause I ain't no motherfucking fool?
See, Oakland California is a city where the pigs don't play
I see that shit everyday so I'mma bring it to ya

Up from the depths quiet as it's kept
A soldier was awakened where a nigga once slept
In the face of adversity, no mercy on my soul
I've seen 'em do the dirt, now blood is running cold

Five deep in a Cutty and I'm gripping on a nine
Cause I'm through crying foul, then running out of time
Got Doc K, Cloud D, Wood and Yonny Yan
Riding pump in the trunk for them piggies when they come

See, niggas steady dying never making front page
In America it's scary, whitey never caught a case
For killing blacks, so we holding court up in the street
Please have some more coffee, death & donuts on your beat

Now some will say, "Cop killer music might incite."
But killer cops whoop on niggas each and every night
So tell me who's to blame for the hate that hate produced
I'm better off dead than with you



http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5z6yq ... g-it_music

Behave!!


Goddamn! You see it too. :wink:

_________________
"Everything dies baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
lapsed maps wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
here is what i compare, a tune called Moon Germs or any hip hop, hip hop loses . so does rap

Image




https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hNb15co1ltg/mqdefault.jpg

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6785
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
RUN DMC.....Public Enemy.....only 2 rap groups I respect and for the record hip hop is a culture not a musical genre.....

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
Yeah i'm just not into rap gangsta or any of that, shit I don't know the difference between hip hop and what hip hop is sheesh.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 7134
Location: South wales
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
RUN DMC.....Public Enemy.....only 2 rap groups I respect and for the record hip hop is a culture not a musical genre.....

Hip Hop is music Rap is machiavelli :mrgreen:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6785
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
cleon wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
RUN DMC.....Public Enemy.....only 2 rap groups I respect and for the record hip hop is a culture not a musical genre.....

Hip Hop is music Rap is machiavelli :mrgreen:

Wrong!! Hip hop is being lived (a culture)...rap is music.. ask KRS one..a bronx native and where the birthplace of rap, grafitti, breakdancing originated... 123rd Park to be exact.....The Bronx!!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 7134
Location: South wales
Bullshit and krs one is shit.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6785
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
cleon wrote:
Bullshit and krs one is shit.

Yes cleon...you're right....he's wrong....how many rap artists come out of South Wales??

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 945
Location: Location: Location:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
cleon wrote:
Bullshit and krs one is shit.

Yes cleon...you're right....he's wrong....how many rap artists come out of South Wales??

Ohhhh SNAP!!

_________________
Check out my band!:
http://burgerfriespop.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/burgerfriespop/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 3910
Location: south midlands, UK
tiboudre wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
cleon wrote:
Bullshit and krs one is shit.

Yes cleon...you're right....he's wrong....how many rap artists come out of South Wales??

Ohhhh SNAP!!

Image

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 7134
Location: South wales
:wink:

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
cleon wrote:
Bullshit and krs one is shit.

Yes cleon...you're right....he's wrong....how many rap artists come out of South Wales??


He probably is wrong being 13 in 1978 some say it goes back too 1972 then 7year old.

Difference is numbers your saying so when did Rap and Hip Hop start same time? your saying,nevermind where.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6785
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
cleon wrote:
:wink:

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
cleon wrote:
Bullshit and krs one is shit.

Yes cleon...you're right....he's wrong....how many rap artists come out of South Wales??


He probably is wrong being 13 in 1978 some say it goes back too 1972 then 7year old.

Difference is numbers your saying so when did Rap and Hip Hop start same time? your saying,nevermind where.

I don't have time to unravel your logic cleon...I have 2 kids and one on the way.....whatever you say is right.......have a drink on me while you're at it....
GC

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dear jaypfunk,
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15205
Location: misanthropia
cleon wrote:
Difference is numbers your saying so when did Rap and Hip Hop start same time? your saying,nevermind where.


Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group