Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Fucking Metal!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 am 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:38 am 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:57 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:11 am 

for an over-the-hill and highly destructive stoner... eddie has some DAZZLING white teeth!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:54 am 

Metal Crimes
ICED EARTH's Jon Schaffer Now Listed on FBI's Most Wanted

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-now-listed-on-fbis-most-wanted

By
Robert Pasbani

Things are not looking good for Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer. After being photographed storming the U.S. Capitol building, fans were shocked. The local D.C. police authorities listed him as a "Person of Interest" yesterday, and were seeking information on his identity. Now, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (that's the FBI) has put up a post in their "Most Wanted" section, and the photo of Schaffer is among those listed.

The FBI is “seeking the public’s assistance in identifying individuals who made unlawful entry into the United States Capitol Building on January 6, 2021, in Washington, D.C.” Anyone with information regarding these individuals, or anyone who witnessed any unlawful violent actions at the Capitol or near the area, is asked to contact the FBI's Toll-Free Tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) to verbally report tips.

Here is the poster featured what many assume is Schaffer:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:30 am 

#22 is young Howard Kaylan...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:57 am 

Evan Rachel Wood Names MARILYN MANSON As Her Abuser; Four Other Woman Come Forward with Abuse Accusations

"I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander or blackmail."

By
Robert Pasbani
Published
15 mins ago

https://metalinjection.net/metal-crimes/evan-rachel-wood-names-marilyn-manson-as-her-abuser-four-other-woman-come-forward-with-abuse-accusations

In April 2020, video footage of Westworld star Evan Rachel Wood testifying in front of California state senators last year to create the Phoenix Act has resurfaced. The footage shows Wood detailing a very abusive relationship she had when she was eighteen years old. During the testimony, she didn't explicitly name her abuser. Today, she has gone public that her abuser is Brian Warner, a.k.a. Marilyn Manson.

On Instagram, Wood writes "The name of my abuser is Brian Warner, also known to the world as Marilyn Manson. He started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrificly abused me for years."

She writes she was "brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander or blackmail. I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him, before he ruins any more lives."

She concludes by writing "I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent."

Wood's testimony detailed being mentally and physically tortured by an older man when she was 18-years-old. It was pubic knowledge that Wood began dating Marilyn Manson in 2006 when she was 18 and he was 36. You can see the details of her accusations here. Manson alluded to similar incidents to the ones she described in a 2009 interview with Spin.

In a November interview with Metal Hammer, Marilyn Manson promptly hung up when the magazine began asking about the allegations. In a long, follow up statement, Manson's representative denied the allegations.

Wood also shared on her Instagram story four other women who came forward with abuse allegations against Manson, Ashley Walters, Sarah McNeilly, Ashley Lindsay Morgan and Gabriella.

“It became clear the abuse he’s caused; he continues to inflict on so many and I cannot stand by and let this happen to others,” says Ashley Walters. ​“Brian Warner needs to be held accountable.”

“I believe he gets off on ruining people’s lives,” writes Sarah McNeilly. ​“I stand in support of all that have and all will come forward. I want to see Brian held accountable for his evil.”

“The reason I’m finally sharing this traumatic experience is for my healing and because I’m done being silent,” says Gabriella. ​“I don’t believe it’s fair for someone to not be held accountable for their horrific actions. I’m not a victim. I’m a survivor.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:58 pm 

Marilyn Manson Dropped by Label After Evan Rachel Wood Claims Abuse
By Melinda Newman
2/1/2021

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/9519382/marilyn-manson-label-evan-rachel-wood-abuse-claim/

Following Evan Rachel Wood’s Instagram post accusing Marilyn Manson, aka Brian Warner, of “horrifically” abusing her for years starting when she was a teenager, Loma Vista Recordings has dropped the artist.

"In light of today’s disturbing allegations by Evan Rachel Wood and other women naming Marilyn Manson as their abuser, Loma Vista will cease to further promote his current album, effective immediately," the label said in a statement. "Due to these concerning developments, we have also decided not to work with Marilyn Manson on any future projects."

The band’s artist page was scrubbed from Loma Vista’s website earlier today after Wood's Tweet A reporter for Billboard was able to place a cassette in his shopping cart this afternoon eastern time, but by the time he went to check out, the item was gone and Marilyn Manson has been removed from the label's website.

As recently as Jan. 1, Loma Vista was offering more than 25 Marilyn Manson related items through its online site, ranging from limited edition vinyl to We Are Chaos puzzles, socks and candles, according to the Internet Archive.

Manson’s first release through Concord imprint Loma Vista was 2015’s The Pale Emperor. Concord’s chief label head and Loma Vista founder Tom Whalley had worked with Manson when Whalley ran Interscope Records.

We Are Chaos, Manson's most recent album, came out Sept. 11, 2020, and debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 1 on the Top Rock Albums chart.

Wood’s post accuses Warner, whom she began dating when she was 18 and Warner was 38, of “grooming her,” adding "I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander, or blackmail. I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him, before he ruins any more lives. I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent.”

This story was updated at 1:15 p.m. PT

Assistance on this story provided by Marc Schneider.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:23 am 

^ hahaaa! good.
evan isn't the first woman to be put through hell by this scumbag,
but let's hope she is the last.
he has had it coming for a long time. now let "it" rain down on this garbage human being.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:45 am 

Marilyn Manson responds to abuse allegations; U.S. record label severs ties
Following the allegations of abuse against Marilyn Manson, the musician has responded that his ​“intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners”.

Kerrang! staff
February 2nd 2021, 11:06a.m.

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/marilyn-manson-responds-to-allegations-us-label-severs-ties/

Marilyn Manson has responded to the numerous abuse allegations against him, calling the accusations ​“horrible distortions of reality”.

Following the February 1 statements alleging sexual, physical and psychological abuse posted on social media – led by Evan Rachel Wood – the musician (real name Brian Warner) has responded by stating that his ​“intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners”.

Read Manson’s full statement: ​“Obviously, my art and my life have long been magnets for controversy, but these recent claims about me are horrible distortions of reality. My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how – and why – others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth.”

Yesterday, the 52-year-old was dropped by his U.S. record label Loma Vista in the wake of these allegations, with the company stating: ​“In light of today’s disturbing allegations by Evan Rachel Wood and other women naming Marilyn Manson as their abuser, Loma Vista will cease to further promote his current album effective immediately Due to these concerning developments, we have also decided not work with Marilyn Manson on any future projects.”

Evan Rachel Wood took to Instagram yesterday to state that Manson ​“started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years”, adding that she was ​“brainwashed and manipulated into submission”.

“I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander, or blackmail,” she said. ​“I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him, before he ruins any more lives. I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent.”

As well as being dropped by Loma Vista, U.S. TV network Starz announced that Manson’s upcoming cameo in American Gods would be removed from the show.

“Due to the allegations made against Marilyn Manson, we have decided to remove his performance from the remaining episode he is in, scheduled to air later this season,” they said. ​“Starz stands unequivocally with all victims and survivors of abuse.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:57 am 

VINNY APPICE Says There Was Talk About HEAVEN & HELL Carrying On With ROB HALFORD After RONNIE JAMES DIO's Death

January 31, 2021
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vinny-appice-says-there-was-talk-about-heaven-hell-carrying-on-with-rob-halford-after-ronnie-james-dios-death/

During a brand new appearance on the "Rock Fantasy" Internet show, Vinny Appice reflected on the two concerts BLACK SABBATH played with Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) on vocals as the support act for Ozzy Osbourne on the last shows for Osbourne's "No More Tours" tour in November 1992 in Costa Mesa, California. Rob sang for SABBATH after the band's singer at the time, Ronnie James Dio, refused to take the stage.

"Ronnie didn't wanna do those shows; he doesn't wanna go on before Ozzy, 'cause who knows what would happen," Vinny said (see video below). "So he refused to do 'em. But Tony [Iommi, guitar] and Geezer [Butler, bass] really wanted to do 'em, so now we've got a little conflict going. And it's decided we're doing the shows. So now I'm in the middle. What do I do? So I had to sit down with Ronnie and go, 'Look, I'm in the middle. What do you suggest? I don't wanna really leave them hanging — there's not much time to get a [different] drummer — and I don't wanna burn my ties with you, obviously. I wanna play with you.' And he said, 'Do it. You've gotta do it. You can't leave them without a drummer.' So we agreed on what we were doing.

"We played Phoenix with Ronnie, and then the next day was off," Vinny continued. "So the next day we were gonna rehearse with Rob Halford at some rehearsal place. So it was really funny, because it was just a regular rehearsal place. And in comes Rob Halford, Iommi, Butler, me. People in there are going, 'Ah, oh my God. What the fuck is this? What's going on?' I remember the faces — everybody was freaking out.

"So we rehearsed with Rob for about two or three hours, and went over songs that I never played before; they were Ozzy tunes," Vinny added. "The only thing we did of Dio's was only a couple of 'em; one of 'em was 'Heaven And Hell'. So now we've got all these new songs, and Tony and Geezer haven't played them in a while either, and I haven't played them. And now we're playing with Rob, and we're kind of now on edge. Like, 'Oh, shit.' You don't have that confidence of, 'Man, we've been playing the whole tour together.' You don't have that confidence. So it was a bit nerve-racking.

"We went out, and it sounded great — Rob killed it. Except the teleprompter went off. So, luckily, Rob had all the lyrics on the floor on paper, but he couldn't see them. So he got down on one knee so he could read the fucking lyrics.

"It was great. It sounded great. People loved it. And it was good. Then there was words talked about maybe carrying on from there, with Rob. And then there was also talk, after Ronnie passed [in 2010], about doing it after that, after the dust settled too. And, actually, Rob kept wanting to do it — he wanted to do it. When I saw him somewhere — at an award show — [he told me,] 'I'm gonna talk to Tony.' And then recently, I sent a message over to management about, 'Hey, we could easily do an album and not even see each other, the way things are done these days, with Rob.'"

Rob also performed with SABBATH members Iommi, Butler and Bill Ward on August 26, 2004 at the Camden, New Jersey stop of Ozzfest after Ozzy came down with an "attack of bronchitis" and was unable to take part in the concert.

Back in 2010, Halford told Canada's Straight web site that his favorite BLACK SABBATH album is the band's self-titled debut of 1970. "It took 24 hours to make," Halford said, "believe it or not, but the sound is absolutely mindblowing. If you just listen to the sound, how they were able to do that work in such a short space of time is extraordinary.

"I think a lot of musicians agree that generally your first record is very, very important," he added, "because you're really coming from a very pure, new, uncluttered source. You've got nothing to prove because you've proved nothing yet; you haven't really got a massive fanbase, so you're searching to build that. Your record company's not interfering with your music as they tend to do when you become successful — same with managers, agents, promoters. You're really coming into your existence at a different level.

"If you look back at the history of your favorite band, generally the first couple are the ones that really kind of grab you. So that's why I feel that first SABBATH album for me — much like 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' for JUDAS PRIEST — is a very important release."

Dio replaced Osbourne in BLACK SABBATH in 1980, recording the "Heaven And Hell" and "Mob Rules" albums, plus "Live Evil", before leaving in 1982. He rejoined the group 10 years later for an album called "Dehumanizer", and again teamed with the group under the HEAVEN & HELL banner in 2006. HEAVEN & HELL released an album called "The Devil You Know" in 2009.

Ronnie passed away of stomach cancer on May 16, 2010 at the age of 67.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:00 am 

Cops swarm Marilyn Manson’s LA home over report of someone ‘screaming they want to leave’

By Kenneth Garger and Lee Brown

February 4, 2021 | 12:02am

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/04/police-respond-to-incident-at-marilyn-mansons-la-home-report/

Police swarmed accused abuser Marilyn Manson’s Los Angeles home for a welfare check late Wednesday — as witnesses also said they heard someone screaming that they “wanted to leave,” according to reports.

Several officers in at least four cruisers pulled up to the 52-year-old shock rocker’s Hollywood Hills home, with a chopper also flying overhead and shining a light on the grounds, according to TMZ.

The welfare check was requested by an alarmed friend who had spent several hours trying to contact the singer just days after a slew of women publicly accused him of abuse, the outlet said.

A witness outside the property also told officers that they “heard someone inside shouting that they wanted to leave,” video on TMZ shows.

“They wanted to leave, but someone wouldn’t let them leave,” the witness is heard saying in the clip.

The officers arrived around 6 p.m. and made repeated fruitless attempts to contact anyone inside the property.
Police responded to the Los Angeles home of Marilyn Manson (inset) on Wednesday. two days after the shock rocker was accused of abuse.

They returned around two hours later, and finally left after managing to contact a rep for the singer, TMZ said.

The rep assured officers that the under-fire star — real name Brian Warner — was fine and merely did not want to come out of the house, where several members of the media were waiting, the outlet said.

Another witness told the Sun that there had appeared to be a gathering outside his home. “No music but raised voices, and people in the garden just meters from the cops,” the witness said.

It was not immediately clear if officers investigated the reported cries of someone wanting to leave.

The welfare check came two days after Manson’s actress ex Evan Rachel Wood accused him of being the man who “horrifically abused” her for years.

“I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission,” the rocker’s former fiancee wrote in an Instagram post — leading to numerous other accusations against the singer.

Manson insisted that the accusations were “horrible distortions of reality.”

“My intimate relationships have always been consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how — and why — others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth,” he wrote on Instagram.

His ex-wife, burlesque star Dita Von Teese, also spoke out on Wednesday, saying she needed time while “processing the news.”

While Von Teese said she had not been abused by Manson during their time together, she wished “strength” on the women who had come forward.

“Abuse of any kind has no place in any relationship. I urge those of you who have incurred abuse to take steps to heal and the strength to fully realize yourself,” she wrote.

“Please know that the details made public do not match my personal experience during our 7 years together as a couple. Had they, I would not have married him in December 2005,” she wrote on Instagram.

Instead of abuse, she said, she “left 12 months later due to infidelity and drug abuse.”

“Abuse of any kind has no place in any relationship. I urge those of you who have incurred abuse to take steps to heal and the strength to fully realize yourself,” she wrote.

“Please know that the details made public do not match my personal experience during our 7 years together as a couple. Had they, I would not have married him in December 2005,” she wrote on Instagram.

Instead of abuse, she said, she “left 12 months later due to infidelity and drug abuse.”

Former porn star Jenna Jameson also revealed she dumped Manson because he bit her during sex.

Police left when nobody answered, only to return two hours later around 8 p.m., according to a report.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:13 am 

Paula White goes metal
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TzIym0eZsH0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:37 am 

Tero wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:32 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:23 am 

I thought it might be interesting. A Jazz drummer playing Enter Sandman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd_UcjMusUA&feature=emb_rel_end

And if you have the curiosity to hear some guy analyses it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvpE07y9ulg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22