Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Fucking Metal!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:51 pm 

Ozzy Osbourne Recalls ‘Peaceful’ Murder Bid on Sharon
Martin Kielty
Published: September 7, 2020

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ozzy-osbourne-murder-sharon/

Ozzy Osbourne recalled how “peaceful” he felt when he tried to kill his wife Sharon in 1989.

Speaking in the new documentary The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne, which airs on A&E at 9PM ET today, the couple shared their memories of the potentially fatal incident, which took place while the Black Sabbath icon was on drugs.

Sharon told how she’d put their kids to bed before sitting down to read. “He came into the room,” she explained (via the Sun). “I had no idea who was sat across from me on the sofa but it wasn’t my husband. He goes to a stage where he gets that look in his eyes, the shutters were down and I just couldn’t get through to him. And he just said, ‘We’ve come to a decision that you’ve got to die.’”

She remembered: “He was calm — very calm — then suddenly he lunged across at me and just dived on me and started to choke me. He got me down on the ground on top of me and I was feeling for stuff on the table. I felt the panic button and I just pressed it and the next thing I know, the cops were there.”

Noting that the moment was "not exactly one of my greatest achievements,” Ozzy said. “I felt the calmest I had ever felt in my life. I was just peaceful. … All I remember is waking up in Amersham jail and I asked the cop, ‘Why am I here?’ And he says, ‘You want me to read your charge?’ So he read, ‘John Michael Osbourne, you have been arrested for attempted murder.’”

Ozzy was sentenced to six months in medical detention, and Sharon took the time to consider her future, deciding not to divorce him. “I told him, ‘I don’t want the money… but if you do this again, either I am going to kill you or you are going to kill me. And do you want that for the kids?’”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:59 pm 

METAL!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm 

Nicko needs your help!
Back at the start of the year, some of Nicko's drums were stolen from his studio in Florida.
Thanks to some brilliant detective work from a few of our fans, we've been able to recover some of what was taken. Unfortunately, there are still a few items out there with huge personal and historical value to both Nicko & Iron Maiden.
If you know anything about what may have happened to them, please let us know by emailing fanclub@ironmaiden.com
Very distinctive ‘Dance of Death’ Kit
Paiste custom painted Gong, 24 inch bass drum, 18 x 16 Floor Tom.
Paiste signature cymbals all with Paiste logo in the Maiden font.
Whole road case - at least 40 cymbals - as used on the tour was stolen.
Sonor Vintage ‘Red Ripple’ Complete Kit
24x16 bass drum. 13 tom, 16, 18 floor toms, 61/2 x 14 snare (custom tom mount on the bass drum).
Camco Black High Gloss Lacquer Kit
26 x14 bass drum. 14, 15, 16 toms, 20 floor tom. All hardware is Sonor signature (BD and FT).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:44 am 

JUDAS PRIEST's Rob Halfords Talks What Songs He'd Like To Perform with LADY GAGA
Their friendship began in 2014

https://metalinjection.net/celebrity-metalheads/judas-priests-rob-halfords-talks-what-songs-hed-like-to-perform-with-lady-gaga
By
Robert Pasbani

Published
20 hours ago

The rad bro-mance between Rob Halford and Lady Gaga is that of legend. You might recall the two met in 2014 at a gig and totally hit it off (we recap the story below). In a recent interview, Halford discussed what songs he would like to perform with Gaga if they were ever to have a duet.

″I would definitely do 'Born This Way' because that's our anthem,″ Halford told People.com, referring to the LGBTQ community. ″As far as Priest songs go, I think I'd like to do 'Breaking the Law' with her because it talks about the frustration that we go through, particularly as young people. You don't know what it's like, you haven't got a clue. You'd do the same thing too, breaking the law."

Halford also talked about his fandom of the pop star. ″[I] instantly knew she was going to be gigantic as an artist,″ he says. ″I became a big fan of everything that she's done and that's because I love all kinds of music. She's the best at what she does.″

Once he saw Gaga leave a hotel in a Priest shirt, he was convinced she was a metalhead. Then, he met her. The two share a mutual friend in DJ Lady Starlight. Starlight invited Halford to one of Gaga's gigs in 2014.

″When Gaga started her performance, me and Starlight snuck out into the audience,″ he recalls. ″I was clapping and hooting and hollering like fans, and Gaga's making her way out to them and then she sees us, and she literally falls to her knees and crumbles onto the floor."

″And Starlight's digging me in the ribs going, 'See, I knew she'd be happy that you were here,'″ he adds. ″She's so pure, she's so in touch with herself as a person, and the great, great, great, great things that she's done for the LGBTQ community.″

Halford's new autobiography, Confess, is out now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 am 

Hey Maps! - Sudden Death https://youtu.be/-QWFV_057KM

Mr. Bungle return with The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny Demo, in stores October 30th! Pre-order the CD, Digital, Cassette, Multiple Colored 2LP Vinyl and Merch Bundles at https://lnk.to/MBWrath

Trevor Dunn, Mike Patton and Trey Spruance are joined by Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo for the band's first album in 21 years!

The 11-song release features tracks written by the Eureka, Calif.-born band for their 1986 cassette only demo as well as a reimagined cover of the S.O.D. classic “Hypocrites / Habla Español O Muere” (a.k.a. “Speak English or Die”) and Corrosion of Conformity’s “Loss For Words.” A video for “Raping Your Mind” is available now (https://youtu.be/3U5ZKKxqUzY). The album was produced by Mr. Bungle, recorded by Husky Höskulds at Studio 606, and mixed by Jay Ruston. Rhea Perlman narrates “Anarchy Up Your Anus.”

Also, on Halloween, the band will be performing a virtual live concert experience dubbed “The Night They Came Home!” The online event screens at 12 noon pacific/3 pm eastern on Oct. 31 with the on-demand program available for the following 72 hours. Tickets and exclusive merchandise are available now via http://www.mrbungle.live.

The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny Demo track list:
1. Grizzly Adams
2. Anarchy Up Your Anus
3. Raping Your Mind
4. Hypocrites / Habla Español O Muere
5. Bungle Grind
6. Methematics
7. Eracist
8. Spreading The Thighs of Death
9. Loss For Words
10. Glutton For Punishment
11. Sudden Death

Mr. Bungle was formed in an impoverished lumber and fishing town by a trio of curious, volatile teenagers. Trey Spruance, Mike Patton and Trevor Dunn beget the amorphous “band” in 1985 up in Humboldt County, Calif., sifting through a variety of members until around 1989 when they settled on a lineup that managed to get signed to Warner Bros. Records. No one really knows how this happened and it remains a complete mystery that even the algorithms of the internet can’t decode. Up until 2000 they released three albums (Mr. Bungle in 1991, Disco Volante in 1995 and California in 1999), toured a good portion of the Western hemisphere and avoided any sort of critical acclaim. Some argue that the band subsequently broke up but there is also no proof of this. What is true is that they took 20 years off from performing under said moniker while they pursued various other musics that, in contrast, paid the rent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:41 am 

coevad wrote:
Hey Maps! - Sudden Death https://youtu.be/-QWFV_057KM

hells yeah!

i watched an outstanding interview with scott ian where he was talking about this song,
and about how he listened to the original version in order to learn it,
and he actually counted the number of musical changes he would have to make during the course of the song,
in other words, he counted every time he would be doing something different upon keeping true to the original.
"93 changes that i would have to remember..... 93 changes in the song".

it's mind-blowing that they were so musically advanced when they were writing this stuff back in '85, '86,
they were teenagers cuz they're all younger than i am...

it's so far ahead musically than what we were doing or slayer or metallica
like... what they were doing in '85, '86 is like if rush or frank zappa was writing thrash songs
- scott ian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ugWkubp9s&t=1293s

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:33 am 

^ It's beyond the realm of Slayer's music, for sure.
This band needs to perform at metal festivals next year.
Who would want to follow their set, though?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:01 am 

good question...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:04 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:37 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:08 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 am 

KREATOR Announces Its Own Coffee Blend, 'Black Sunrise'

November 24, 2020

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kreator-announces-its-own-coffee-blend-black-sunrise/

German thrash metal veterans KREATOR have collaborated with coffee roasters The Barn on their first blend, Black Sunrise. The coffee sources beans from Brazil and features a "smooth and chocolatey" taste.

The band states: "We're excited to announce our collaboration with the finest coffee roasters in Germany, The Barn. If you've visited one of their spots in Berlin, you will understand why we chose them to represent KREATOR — high quality and big flavors.

"Brazil is one of our favorite places in the world and we wanted to pay tribute to that with this deliciously smooth and chocolatey offering. Awaken to 'Black Sunrise'!"

Black Sunrise is available from TheBarn.de.

Earlier this month, KREATOR bassist Frédéric Leclercq confirmed to Moshpit Passion webzine that the band has entered a studio in Essen, Germany to begin writing, arranging and recording demos for its next album. The follow-up to 2017's "Gods Of Violence" will mark KREATOR's first album with Leclercq, who joined the group last year.

"That's what we've been doing this summer — just working on new songs," Leclercq said. "But there's not much to say about it. We're just working, and the vibe is great. That's what matters the most. If you follow Mille [Petrozza, KREATOR guitarist/vocalist] on the Internet or myself, you can tell that there's good energy, and the songs are great. I'm a fan of the band, so I want something violent and evil, so that's cool."

This past September, KREATOR guitarist Sami Yli-Sirniö described the sessions for the band's new album to Italy's Poisoned Rock as "a lot of fun," adding that the "mood" in the band "is great. And the general vibe and the atmosphere is very good," he said. "[These are] creative times for KREATOR at the moment."

Speaking about the KREATOR songwriting process, Sami said: "The main composer for KREATOR is for sure Mille. And then he likes to send us some demos over. But then we all arrange them together and bring new ideas to it and try to enhance them and sometimes bring our own ideas, of course, as well. That's what we're doing right now, and just try to make the best possible result imaginable, because we really want to work hard on the next album."

On the topic of KREATOR's musical evolution, Yli-Sirniö said: "I like to think that there's a progression all the time and we're always looking for something new. That's always what you become most afraid of, with an older band like us, after doing so many albums together — is to find a new angle and a new perspective for every album. And that is the difficult part, but it's also the challenging part and the part that I like the most. And now that we have a new member in the band, Fred, he brings a lot of new ideas and a different angle, and it's fantastic. He's also an amazing guitar player."

According to Sami, there is no set release date for KREATOR's new album, which is not expected to arrive before next summer at the earliest.

"I wish that the time tables would be more clear, because of these COVID times and so on, but it's also giving us a chance to reinvent ourselves and make the best music possible and give it all we've got," he said.

This past March, KREATOR surprise-released a new single, "666 - World Divided". The song was produced by Andy Sneap and Markus Ganter and was recorded at Hansa Tonstudios in Berlin, Germany.

The music video for "666 - World Divided" was created under the direction of Jörn Heitmann, who was responsible for the music videos for "Radio" and "Ausländer" by RAMMSTEIN.

KREATOR played its first show with Leclercq in October 2019 in Santiago, Chile.

Before joining KREATOR, Leclercq rose to fame with U.K.-based extreme power metallers DRAGONFORCE for whom he handled bass duties from 2005 until August 2019.

KREATOR's previously announced "State Of Unrest" European tour with LAMB OF GOD has been rescheduled for 2021 in the wake of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

KREATOR released a new live set, "London Apocalypticon - Live At The Roundhouse", in February via Nuclear Blast. The effort was professionally filmed and recorded on December 16, 2018 at the Roundhouse in London, England.

Leclercq's AMAHIRU project will release its self-titled debut album on November 27 via earMUSIC in Europe and the U.S. and and Ward Records in Japan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 am 

KREATOR To Release 'Under The Guillotine: The Noise Records Anthology' In February

December 1, 2020

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kreator-to-release-under-the-guillotine-the-noise-records-anthology-in-february/

KREATOR's "Under The Guillotine: The Noise Records Anthology" will be released on February 26, 2021 as a deluxe box set, 2CD and 2LP formats.

The story of KREATOR's meteoric rise to the global elite of thrash metal bands from their humble beginnings in Essen, Germany, began under their first name of TORMENTOR in the early 1980s. It was their "Blitzkreig" and "End Of The World" demos changing hands in the era's bustling underground tape-trading network that exposed them to the international metal community. Positive word of mouth soon attracted the attention of Germany's own metal start-up Noise Records, which signed the newly re-christened KREATOR to a deal.

KREATOR's tenure at the label spawned six studio albums and established them as one of the most influential on the thrash scene, one they dominate to this day. 1985 debut "Endless Pain" was savage; its crude thrashing quickly had the underground metal world abuzz with excitement. 1986's follow-up "Pleasure To Kill" is considered the band's first "classic" album and raised the bar with more diversity of tempos, while losing nothing in terms of ferocity or speed. 1987's "Terrible Certainty" further cemented the reputation that KREATOR were one of the genre's finest exponents. In 1989, the band closed the decade with the thrash triumph of "Extreme Aggression", their biggest seller to date. 1990's huge magnum opus "Coma Of Souls" confirmed them in thrash history before they diversified their sound on the experimental "Renewal" in 1992.

"Under The Guillotine" is a deluxe celebration of KREATOR's Noise Records discography and is the definitive collection of their first decade of recorded work. It contains:

* "Endless Pain" (Swirl vinyl with original artwork & inner sleeve)
* "Pleasure To Kill" (Splatter vinyl with original artwork & inner sleeve)
* "Terrible Certainty" (Splatter vinyl with original artwork & inner lyric sleeve)
* "Extreme Aggression" (Half/half vinyl with original artwork & inner lyric sleeve)
* "Coma Of Souls" (Splatter vinyl with original artwork & inner lyric sleeve)
* "Renewal" (Swirl vinyl with original artwork & inner lyric sleeve)
* "Some Pain Will Last" DVD containing "From The Vault" mini documentary, plus two previously unreleased audio live concerts and an Andy Sneap remix of "Live In East Berlin 1990"
* 12" x 12" 40-page hardback book of photography, quotes and lyrics from the first decade of the band's existence. Contains rare and previously unseen photos from the era.
* Reproduction "End Of The World" demo cassette
* "Demon" figurine USB drive containing MP3 audio of all the expanded editions of all the albums.
* All encased in an executioners, guillotine box.

* The first 250 orders from the Noise Records store will also receive a signed art card by Mille Petrozza.

Also available as an introduction piece is "Under The Guillotine - The Noise Anthology" — an 18-track double-vinyl collection of KREATOR's Noise-era classics, pressed on splatter vinyl, including rare and unseen photos. And for the non-vinyl collectors, there will also be a 30-track 2CD version, housed in a mediabook. Both feature rare tracks and remixes from the band's discography.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:19 pm 

Black Sabbath Blow Out ‘Vol. 4’ Album With Rarities-Packed Box Set

The box set, which comes either in four-CD or five-LP packages, contains 20 never-before-issued outtakes, live recordings, and the original album remastered.

The bonus material includes six outtakes, including an instrumental version of “Under the Sun,” all of which engineer Steven Wilson has mixed for the release. It also includes alternate takes of several songs with false starts and fly-on-the-wall studio dialogue. There are several versions of album opener “Wheels of Confusion,” a full take of the interstitial track “The Straightener,” and versions of “Snowblind” and “Under the Sun.”

Additionally, the collection includes recordings of the band playing live around the U.K. in 1973 and booklets containing quotes from the era, rare photos, a poster, and previously unpublished early cover art for the album featuring its original title, Snowblind.

“We were going to call this album Snowblind because we’d discovered that magic white powder, but the record company said, ‘No way,'” Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne told Rolling Stone in 2004. “We did so much f****** coke making it.”

“We came to L.A. to record and we stayed at a house in Bel Air,” guitarist Tony Iommi recalled. “At the end of the day, it was all dope, booze, drugs, f****** chicks. Oh, dear, we had some fun in that house.”

“The coke was good when it was working,” Osbourne recalled. “We used to sniff and jam for days, recording everything on big spools of tape. But it was the beginning of the end. Cocaine was the cancer of the band.”

Vol. 4 was a hit on both sides of the Atlantic when it came out in September 1972. It reached Number Eight in the U.K. and Number 13 in the U.S. It has been certified silver in England and platinum in the States.

Vol. 4: Super Deluxe Edition CD Tracklist

Disc One: Original Album Remastered

1. “Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener”

2. “Tomorrow’s Dream”

3. “Changes”

4. “FX”

5. “Supernaut”

6. “Snowblind”

7. “Cornucopia”

8. “Laguna Sunrise”

9. “St. Vitus Dance”

10. “Under the Sun / Every Day Comes and Goes”

Disc Two: Outtakes – New Mixes

1. “Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener” *

2. “Changes” *

3. “Supernaut” *

4. “Snowblind” *

5. “Laguna Sunrise” *

6. “Under the Sun” (Instrumental) *

Disc Three: Alternative Takes, False Starts & Studio Dialogue

1. “Wheels of Confusion” (False Start with Studio Dialogue) *

2. “Wheels of Confusion” (Alternative Take 1) *

3. “Wheels of Confusion” (Alternative Take 2) *

4. “Wheels of Confusion” (Alternative Take 3) *

5. “Wheels of Confusion” (Alternative Take 4) *

6. “The Straightener” (Outtake) *

7. “Supernaut” (Outtake) *

8. “Supernaut” (Alternative Takes with False Starts) *

9. “Snowblind” (Alternative Take 1 – Incomplete) *

10. “Under the Sun” (False Start with Studio Dialogue) *

11. “Under the Sun” (Alternative Take with Guide Vocal) *

Disc Four: Live in the UK 1973

1. “Tomorrow’s Dream” *

2. “Sweet Leaf” *

3. “War Pigs”

4. “Snowblind” *

5. “Killing Yourself to Live”

6. “Cornucopia”

7. “Wicked World” (Includes Excerpts of:)

i. Guitar Solo

ii. “Orchid”

iii. “Into the Void”

iv. “Sometimes I’m Happy”

8. “Supernaut” / Drum Solo

9. “Wicked World” (Reprise)

10. “Embryo”

11. “Children of the Grave”

12. “Paranoid”

* previously unreleased

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:47 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:01 am 

Online Festival for the 40th anniversary from the Brazilian Record Shop & Label that brought the world Sepultura and many other Metal bands:

FESTIVAL ON-LINE COGUMELO 40 ANOS
https://youtu.be/BcJ3rJd5TZQ?t=252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:35 am 

^^Very Cool!! 8) Thanks for posting this!! ^^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:38 pm 

best Ozzy jump pic ever.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:46 am 

Danzig?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:43 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Danzig?

Yes sir!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:39 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:10 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next