Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Fucking Metal!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:51 pm 

Ozzy Osbourne Recalls ‘Peaceful’ Murder Bid on Sharon
Martin Kielty
Published: September 7, 2020

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ozzy-osbourne-murder-sharon/

Ozzy Osbourne recalled how “peaceful” he felt when he tried to kill his wife Sharon in 1989.

Speaking in the new documentary The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne, which airs on A&E at 9PM ET today, the couple shared their memories of the potentially fatal incident, which took place while the Black Sabbath icon was on drugs.

Sharon told how she’d put their kids to bed before sitting down to read. “He came into the room,” she explained (via the Sun). “I had no idea who was sat across from me on the sofa but it wasn’t my husband. He goes to a stage where he gets that look in his eyes, the shutters were down and I just couldn’t get through to him. And he just said, ‘We’ve come to a decision that you’ve got to die.’”

She remembered: “He was calm — very calm — then suddenly he lunged across at me and just dived on me and started to choke me. He got me down on the ground on top of me and I was feeling for stuff on the table. I felt the panic button and I just pressed it and the next thing I know, the cops were there.”

Noting that the moment was "not exactly one of my greatest achievements,” Ozzy said. “I felt the calmest I had ever felt in my life. I was just peaceful. … All I remember is waking up in Amersham jail and I asked the cop, ‘Why am I here?’ And he says, ‘You want me to read your charge?’ So he read, ‘John Michael Osbourne, you have been arrested for attempted murder.’”

Ozzy was sentenced to six months in medical detention, and Sharon took the time to consider her future, deciding not to divorce him. “I told him, ‘I don’t want the money… but if you do this again, either I am going to kill you or you are going to kill me. And do you want that for the kids?’”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:59 pm 

METAL!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm 

Nicko needs your help!
Back at the start of the year, some of Nicko's drums were stolen from his studio in Florida.
Thanks to some brilliant detective work from a few of our fans, we've been able to recover some of what was taken. Unfortunately, there are still a few items out there with huge personal and historical value to both Nicko & Iron Maiden.
If you know anything about what may have happened to them, please let us know by emailing fanclub@ironmaiden.com
Very distinctive ‘Dance of Death’ Kit
Paiste custom painted Gong, 24 inch bass drum, 18 x 16 Floor Tom.
Paiste signature cymbals all with Paiste logo in the Maiden font.
Whole road case - at least 40 cymbals - as used on the tour was stolen.
Sonor Vintage ‘Red Ripple’ Complete Kit
24x16 bass drum. 13 tom, 16, 18 floor toms, 61/2 x 14 snare (custom tom mount on the bass drum).
Camco Black High Gloss Lacquer Kit
26 x14 bass drum. 14, 15, 16 toms, 20 floor tom. All hardware is Sonor signature (BD and FT).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:44 am 

JUDAS PRIEST's Rob Halfords Talks What Songs He'd Like To Perform with LADY GAGA
Their friendship began in 2014

https://metalinjection.net/celebrity-metalheads/judas-priests-rob-halfords-talks-what-songs-hed-like-to-perform-with-lady-gaga
By
Robert Pasbani

Published
20 hours ago

The rad bro-mance between Rob Halford and Lady Gaga is that of legend. You might recall the two met in 2014 at a gig and totally hit it off (we recap the story below). In a recent interview, Halford discussed what songs he would like to perform with Gaga if they were ever to have a duet.

″I would definitely do 'Born This Way' because that's our anthem,″ Halford told People.com, referring to the LGBTQ community. ″As far as Priest songs go, I think I'd like to do 'Breaking the Law' with her because it talks about the frustration that we go through, particularly as young people. You don't know what it's like, you haven't got a clue. You'd do the same thing too, breaking the law."

Halford also talked about his fandom of the pop star. ″[I] instantly knew she was going to be gigantic as an artist,″ he says. ″I became a big fan of everything that she's done and that's because I love all kinds of music. She's the best at what she does.″

Once he saw Gaga leave a hotel in a Priest shirt, he was convinced she was a metalhead. Then, he met her. The two share a mutual friend in DJ Lady Starlight. Starlight invited Halford to one of Gaga's gigs in 2014.

″When Gaga started her performance, me and Starlight snuck out into the audience,″ he recalls. ″I was clapping and hooting and hollering like fans, and Gaga's making her way out to them and then she sees us, and she literally falls to her knees and crumbles onto the floor."

″And Starlight's digging me in the ribs going, 'See, I knew she'd be happy that you were here,'″ he adds. ″She's so pure, she's so in touch with herself as a person, and the great, great, great, great things that she's done for the LGBTQ community.″

Halford's new autobiography, Confess, is out now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21