Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Fucking Metal!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:05 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFAcOnhcpGA

GUYS! LMFAO!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:45 am 

Eyehategod’s Mike IX Williams Receives Successful Liver Transplant
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/eyehategod-frontman-successfully-receives-a-new-liver

In mid-November, it was revealed that EYEHATEGOD frontman Mike IX Williams needed a new liver. It had quietly been announced that Williams was having unspecified health problems back in August when Phil Anselmo took over Williams' spot live with EYEHATEGOD, but at the time no further information was give. In late November, his condition got a lot worse and the situation seemed pretty dire.

Now, being completely out of line with the general awfulness of 2016, here's some good news! According to Williams' YouCaring account run by his wife Michelle, Williams went under the knife this morning to receive a new liver!

"This morning we got the call we'd been waiting for…They found a donor match for Michael!!! After waiting all day to hear something, they just took him down to prep for the transplant! They should start the actual surgery in about an hour. I'll keep you posted on his progress. Please send good thoughts our way."

She followed that up after the surgery saying that everything went well, Williams is in the ICU, and the liver is functioning as it should be. So here's hoping everything continues to go as well as it has today with Williams, and he's back home as soon as possible.

UPDATE:
Posted on December 16, 2016
I'm overjoyed to report that Mike IX Williams is awake! They've removed his breathing tube, so he was able to speak, and hearing his voice was absolutely beautiful. He's in a world of pain, which, of course, is expected, but very difficult for me to see. I wish I could take it all away from him. He's been through so much already, and still has a long road ahead of him. There's some bleeding that they are monitoring closely, and they may have to do an endoscopy to be cautious. I will update as I know more. I'm so grateful for all of your prayers, support and words of encouragement. We couldn't have done this without you. ❤️

https://www.youcaring.com/mikeixwilliams-695413

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:37 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:09 am 

can't wait until this stuff gets the patton treatment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIBTaSE6xs :!:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 am 

HOT damn... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5UtxYyWD9g

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:32 pm 

R I P Black Sabbath - 1968 - 2017

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:58 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Mão Santa - Midas ao Contrário
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8xbWxsdSpM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:24 am 

coevad wrote:

R I P Black Sabbath - 1968 - 2017

Asked in November 2016 about his plans after Black Sabbath's final tour, Iommi replied, "I'll be doing some writing. Maybe I'll be doing something with the guys, maybe in the studio, but no touring."
The band played their final concert on 4 February 2017 in Birmingham. The final song was streamed live on the band's Facebook page and fireworks went off as the band took their final bow.
Iommi has said that he does not rule out the possibility of one-off shows, "I wouldn't write that off, if one day that came about. That's possible. Or even doing an album, 'cause then, again, you're in one place. But I don't know if that would happen."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:33 pm 

The name has been retired.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 am 

Eyehategod’s Mike IX Williams Offers Health Update, Reveals Need for More Donations

http://loudwire.com/eyehategod-mike-ix-williams-health-update-need-more-donations/
Quote:
Eyehategod vocalist Mike IX Williams underwent a life-saving liver transplant in December and has been recovering over the last few months. Not long after it was revealed that Williams would need a transplant, a YouCaring page was started to help the musician offset some of the tremendous medical costs that came with the surgery. Now the singer is offering an update on his health and revealing that financial help is still being accepted.

“Although I have a very long way to go as far as being one thousand percent fully healed, my doctors are completely stoked at my progress so far,” says Williams. “This miracle of the modern medical process has literally brought me a second chance at living.”

In his message, which can be read below, Williams says there are countless people to thank and also there is thanks to be given to those who participated in the recent string of New Orleans-based fundraisers. He also goes on to state that there is still plenty of funding still needed to pay off debts from prescription medicines, cardiac rehab, physical therapy, transportation, doctor’s visits and more. See the post in full below.

Hey folks! Finally! This an update that’s totally loooong overdue, people,.. I apologize for the tardiness but I just started an entirely NEW beginning of an existence previously destined to be cut short by the ravages of a hard life lived..
I’m back mother f***ers..!! I feel pretty amazing, although I have a very long way to go as far as being one thousand percent fully healed, but my doctors are completely stoked at my progress so far. This miracle of the modern medical process has literally bought me a second chance at living!
Now on to the real stars of the show: YOU! My family, friends & fans; you truly stole my heart and made me aware that LOVE really does exist in this current climate of hatred because of someone’s skin color, beliefs or personal identity, you people came to the rescue like nobody’s business & we love you! To be honest,…we still need you!
Of major ultra special note is the New Orleans #IXLivesIXLives Mike IX benefit gigs.
I was unable to attend any of the shows because of doctors orders, but word is that the entire weekend was the ultimate example of mass friendship, hope & care for one another in a time of need. Many many thanks to EVERYBODY involved, me & my beautiful rock star of a wife Michelle thank you from the bottoms of our filthy hearts! We were & still are, over-freaking-whelmed at the outpouring of support from all the wonderful humans out in this world, you maniacs have completely outdone yourselves.
I mean obviously there is NO way to list you all individually so let’s just say “You know who you are” And as scatterbrained as I am, I have not forgotten to thank everyone at the Obsessed benefit in MD and the benefit in L.A…
Ok I’ll wrap this up by stating that the battle rages on at the front lines & we’re counting on everyone to keep spreading the word about this You Caring site due to the sad fact that we are forever in debt & in need of help & donations for the aftermath.
To quote an oft-repeated cliche; “Not out of the woods yet”, we are still in dire need of payments on prescription medicines, cardiac rehab, physical therapy, transportation, doctors visits, lab work & plain ol’ past due hospital bills. You are all Southern Nihilism Front soljas. We live to fight another day & to damage more minds and corrupt the bastard system we didn’t choose… EYEHATEGOD will return to the stage in 2017 to incite the class war..!
– Mike IX
#IXLivesIXLives
#youcaringgives

For those interested in helping out Williams during this time of financial burden, you can do so at this YouCaring site

https://www.youcaring.com/mikeixwilliams-695413

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:28 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puytxm-1VaM

Image :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:48 am 

speaking of the above...
https://deadcross.bandcamp.com/

In stores AUGUST 4TH!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 am 

speaking of the above...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jacboireh4c

DEAD CROSS santa ana, 8/10/17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18