Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Heavy Fucking Metal!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:42 pm 

^^Looks pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:32 am 

Saw Maiden in London a few years ago. One of the best shows I have ever seen. Better than any production on the west end.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:57 am 

i'm guessing that the flames and silly monsters distract one from the nauseating hour plus of galloping bass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 am 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:51 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
i'm guessing that the flames and silly monsters distract one from the nauseating hour plus of galloping bass.

It does tend to gallop. But, I like 'em anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:13 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:47 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:36 am 

Woops! Video Shows Guitar Slip Out of Janick's Hands During Signature IRON MAIDEN Windmilling
https://metalinjection.net/latest-news/woops-guitar-slips-out-of-janicks-hands-during-signature-iron-maiden-windmilling

Iron Maiden are currently out on their Legacy of the Beast tour and it's one of the best live shows of the year, seriously. The guys put on a hell of a show. They are out there running around for two hours straight, dancing and playing their asses off.

This is most evident with guitarist Janick Gers, who is like onstage mascot for the band (when Eddie's not around, at least). Janick can be seen dancing all over the place, and sometimes doing wild tricks with his guitar. I guess things got slippery at a recent stop of the tour, as footage emerged of a hilarious quick slip. Take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qFthNSkNAw&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully, nobody was hurt. A commenter noted that the guitar hit a security guard right in the head.

Iron Maiden have dates in Mexico all this week leading up to the massive Rock In Rio festival.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:21 am 

Ole'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:22 am 

JUDAS PRIEST's Rob Halford Streams New Christmas Song "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
It's Christmas time, apparently.

Posted by Greg Kennelty on October 5, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Judas Priest vocalist Rob Halford is bringing the holidays to you all a little early this year. Halford will release a Christmas album titled Celestial on October 18, which will feature four new Halford songs and a handful of classic Christmas covers. You can stream one of the covers, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing", below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rAJhlNFRVU&feature=youtu.be

"The great thing about heavy metal is it's got these kinds of multiple dimensions. I think when you look at it from an outside point of view — if you're not really familiar with the metal scene — it can look pretty intimidating. And it is a very strong, powerful experience. But it comes at different levels. I think the music that we've made on 'Celestial', for example, gives a display of that. Metal maniacs — as we call ourselves — are just as ready for the holidays as everybody else. And what we've tried to do with this music is to reach out to as many of those metal dimensions as we possibly can."

Celestial features Halford's brother Nigel on drums; Alex, son of Judas Priest bassist Ian Hill, on bass; Halford's sister Sue on bells;and guitarists Robert Jones and Jon Blakey. Here's the tracklisting.

01. Celestial [new song]
02. Donner And Blitzen [new song]
03. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
04. Away In A Manger
05. Morning Star [new song]
06. Deck The Halls
07. Joy To The World
08. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
09. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10. The First Noel
11. Good King Wenceslas
12. Protected By The Light [new song]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:37 am 

CONFIRMED: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Are Reuniting In 2020; Initial Shows Announced
Posted by Robert Pasbani on November 1, 2019 at 11:45 am

https://metalinjection.net/latest-news/rumors/are-rage-against-the-machine-are-reuniting-in-2020

With next year being an election year in the United States, it seems like a great time for Rage Against the Machine to come back and kick some fucking ass. Could it be happening? Some rumors are swirling.

A new, unverified Rage Against the Machine Instagram account has popped up, with a lone photo taken from the Chilean protests. The caption features five dates, two of which would be next year's Coachella. They are:

El Paso, TX March 26, 2020
Las Cruces, NM March 28, 2020
Phoenix, AZ March 30, 2020
Indio, CA April 10, 2020
Indio, CA April 17, 2020

Update: Forbes is confirming the news, speaking to a longtime associate of the band. According to the story "Wayne Kamemoto, a longtime associate of the band just said, "The band's social media is accurate."

Update #2: Industry sources have confirmed to Consequence Of Sound that the posting is legit and that more shows are being planned beyond these initial dates.

Here's where the rumor has a bit of legs. ThePRP notes that the post itself was "liked" by actress/musician Juliette Lewis. How is this relevant? She is dating RATM drummer Brad Wilk currently. You would think she would have an inside source on if this was happening and if she knew it wasn't why would she like the post?

Again, this is just speculation, and should be taken with a huge grain of salt. But if it ends up happening, you bet yoru ass I am hopping on a plane for one of these headline shows.

Update #3 – A Rage Against the Machine fan Instagram account, @war_within_a_breath, posted this: "THIS IS NOT A DRILL! Rage Against the Machine announced five shows for 2020 on their new instagram. @rageagainstthemachine on November 1st, around midnight eastern time! Along with other sources close to RATM, Juliette Lewis (who is dating Brad) confirmed to me the announcement is real. Again, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. "

Update #4: The Rage Against the Machine Twitter account has confirmed the news.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:46 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:19 pm 

^Ozzy's coming out with a new album too, maps!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:17 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:52 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:26 am 

Watch TOM ARAYA Bid Emotional Goodbye To Fans At Last-Ever SLAYER Concert

Angel Of Death & Goodbye - https://youtu.be/OwsdbuxRc_s

Thousands of fans of SLAYER fans witnessed the band's last-ever concert at The Forum in Inglewood, California on Saturday night (November 30) during the second of two last tour dates dubbed "The Final Campaign".

At the conclusion of SLAYER's set, bassist/vocalist Tom Araya addressed the crowd, thanking the group's fans for supporting him and his bandmates for nearly four decades.

"Thank you. Thank you very much," he said. "I want to thank you for sharing your time with us. Time is precious. So I thank you for sharing that time with us. Thank you. I'm gonna miss you guys. But the most important thing I want to thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you. Good night. You guys be safe."

The setlist for the show was as follows:

01. South Of Heaven
02. Repentless
03. Postmortem
04. World Painted Blood
05. Hate Worldwide
06. War Ensemble
07. Stain Of Mind
08. Disciple
09. When The Stillness Comes
10. Born Of Fire
11. Payback
12. Seasons In The Abyss
13. Jesus Saves
14. Chemical Warfare
15. Hell Awaits
16. Dead Skin Mask
17. Show No Mercy
18. Raining Blood
19. Mandatory Suicide
20. Angel Of Death

SLAYER's final world tour began on May 10, 2018 with the band's intention to play as many places as possible, to make it easy for the fans to see one last SLAYER show and say goodbye. By the time the 18-month trek wrapped at the Forum, the band had completed seven tour legs plus a series of one-off major summer festivals, performing more than 140 shows in 30 countries and 40 U.S. states.

SLAYER's final world tour has been a wild ride. Three bus drivers, four truck drivers, and a crew of 32 have traveled all over the world to set the stage for this farewell. At most shows, SLAYER's pyro expert set off 160 pounds of propane and 10 liters of 99% isopropyl alcohol, prompting the Phoenix New Times reviewer to comment on the "eyebrow-singeing pyrotechnics that could be felt even 10 rows behind the pit." In Toronto, one diehard fan was ejected from the concert before SLAYER took the stage, so jumped into Lake Ontario (that surrounds the Budweiser Arena) and swam back to the venue. The Tampa Bay Times' Jay Cridlin wrote, "Beginning with the throttling opener 'Repentless', SLAYER tore through their set like a flaming cigarette boat across the river Styx, charring up a vicious circle pit by the stage," and Detroit's Gary Graff noted in his Oakland Press review the "10,000 headbangers who skipped the 'Game Of Thrones' finale to pay homage to the pioneering quartet." "The sheer physicality of their show was something to behold and was yet another indication that while the band may be calling it a career, they are going out on top, playing at their absolute best," wrote Andy Lindquist for the SF Sonic.

Araya talked about his possible retirement in a 2016 interview with Loudwire. He said: "At 35 years, it's time to collect my pension. [Laughs] This is a career move." He continued: "I'm grateful that we've been around for 35 years; that's a really long time. So, yeah, to me, it is. Because when we started off, everything was great, because you're young and invincible. And then there came a time where I became a family man, and I had a tough time flying back and forth. And now, at this stage, at the level we're at now, I can do that; I can fly home when I want to, on days off, and spend some time with my family, which is something I wasn't able to do when [my kids] were growing up. Now they're both older and mature. So now I take advantage of that." Araya added: "Yeah, it just gets harder and harder to come back out on the road. 35 years is a long time."

Tom also revealed another reason for his diminished enjoyment of the touring life. He said: "There's things that have gone on in my life that have made me change how I play as a bass player. I had neck surgery, so I can't headbang anymore. And that was a big part of what I enjoyed doing what I do — singing and headbanging. I liked knowing that I was one of the fucking badass headbangers. That played a big part. Now I just groove with the music, which is cool, because I'm grooving with the music and the feel of the songs, so that's changed a little for me."

SLAYER has been touring in support of its latest album, "Repentless", which was released in September 2015 via Nuclear Blast. That effort marked the band's first release since the death of SLAYER's co-founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman.

Hanneman contracted necrotizing fasciitis, also known as flesh-eating disease, in January 2011 from a spider bite in his backyard. The infection ravaged the flesh and tissues of Hanneman's arm, leading to numerous surgeries, skin grafts and intense periods of rehab that forced him into semi-retirement and left him near death at several points.

Hanneman eventually died in May 2013 from alcohol-related cirrhosis of the liver. He is credited for writing many of SLAYER's classic songs, including "Angel Of Death" and "South Of Heaven".

Original SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo was effectively fired from the band after sitting out the group's Australian tour in February/March 2013 due to a contract dispute with the other members of SLAYER. He has since been replaced by Paul Bostaph, who was previously SLAYER's drummer from 1992 until 2001 and recorded four albums with the band.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19