Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The bank and Wall St. bailouts happened before Obama was elected, by a Republican president named George W Bush and a Republican/Libertarian dominated legislative branch in 2008. The only delusional person here is tweedle-douche.
Proven wrong, yet again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and...........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
Disco Boy wrote:
duchamp,

ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Barrack Obama has ZERO business/market experience and lies his ass off more than Bush Jnr. EVER did. The reason why I compared Bush Jnr. to Obama, is simply because most people thought things couldn't get any worse than when Bush Jnr. was in office...but it HAS.

Give me a fucking break.


Wow you're right. You proved your points by repeating the exact same words you said before. When you said them the first time it did not sound like an object claim with any proof, but just by saying the exact same words you said before, you proved it! You are a master of debate. No idea why I ever doubted you and your ability to provide proof. Silly me.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
me to

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2943
They all fucked us. Bush Fucked us, Congress fucked us, Obama fucked us.

http://www.icl-fi.org/english/wv/1011/bailout.html

Profits to the corporations, losses to the people...the essence of fascism. Ask Mussolini!













Now we get Ebola. Obama is fucking us hard in our asses now, and I for one, do not like it.

Seriously...fucked up the Ebola thing...Obama's fault 100% because he is the current puppet!

Ebola: Obama's legacy, his name in history.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2943
Obama kisses the nurses to show he's not afraid of Ebola, meaning he is stupid...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24884&start=525

...but the kiss happened a week ago before the nurses were exposed. Photo op for political purposes, as the contagion spreads due to his lack of leadership.

...just like when he swam in the Gulf of Mexico to show that the Deepwater Horizon disaster didn't hurt a thing!

http://gawker.com/5614009/scandal-obama ... ly-in-gulf

Really, it was an inland bay, St. Andrews.

Liar, not to be trusted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Disco Boy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies claims to not care about ad hominem attacks but yet throws a few at me despite of that?! Okkkkkkkkkkkk.

As usual you've misunderstood. I don't care about ad hominem attacks, regardless of who is tossing them, including you, including me. You are fair game. I'm fair game. I don't care about them, but they are entertaining. See?

Have you secured a good therapist yet? Narcissitic personality disorder can only be treated by long-term therapy. Now buckle down and get to work.

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
The bank and Wall St. bailouts happened before Obama was elected, by a Republican president named George W Bush and a Republican/Libertarian dominated legislative branch in 2008. The only delusional person here is tweedle-douche.
Proven wrong, yet again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and...........


To quote Arkay...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :mrgreen:

duchamp wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
duchamp,

ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Barrack Obama has ZERO business/market experience and lies his ass off more than Bush Jnr. EVER did. The reason why I compared Bush Jnr. to Obama, is simply because most people thought things couldn't get any worse than when Bush Jnr. was in office...but it HAS.

Give me a fucking break.


Wow you're right. You proved your points by repeating the exact same words you said before. When you said them the first time it did not sound like an object claim with any proof, but just by saying the exact same words you said before, you proved it! You are a master of debate. No idea why I ever doubted you and your ability to provide proof. Silly me.


There is NO debate regarding these particular issues. They are FACTS. And here they are AGAIN:

SON. OF. ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Barrack Obama has ZERO business/market experience and lies his ass off more than Bush Jnr. EVER did. The reason why I compared Bush Jnr. to Obama, is simply because most people thought things couldn't get any worse than when Bush Jnr. was in office...but it HAS.

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies claims to not care about ad hominem attacks but yet throws a few at me despite of that?! Okkkkkkkkkkkk.

As usual you've misunderstood. I don't care about ad hominem attacks, regardless of who is tossing them, including you, including me. You are fair game. I'm fair game. I don't care about them, but they are entertaining. See?

Have you secured a good therapist yet? Narcissitic personality disorder can only be treated by long-term therapy. Now buckle down and get to work.


Yet ANOTHER ad hominem attack without backing your shit up. You're now one step closer to contending with tweedle-dumb for the title of, The Z Forum's Most Delusional Poster...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Glad to see that you think it's funny that you've been proven wrong yet again...and again...and again....


Quote:
President Bush Signs H.R. 1424 Into Law

RSS Feed White House News

On Friday, October 3, 2008, the President signed into law:

H.R. 1424, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008, and Tax Extenders and Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008, which authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to establish a Troubled Assets Relief Program to purchase troubled assets from financial institutions; provides Alternative Minimum Tax relief; extends expiring tax provisions and establishes energy tax incentives; and temporarily increases Federal Deposit Insurance limits.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives. ... 03-17.html



That's right. Tweedle-douche actually claimed President Obama signed the bank bailout bill. :lol: Right up there with Ron Paul's 10 million voters he guaranteed would show up to the primaries when in reality only a fraction of them actually did...and Ayn Rand's #1 best selling books of all time ever that didn't show up on a single best sellers list.

The guy makes the most absurd claims and is in the deepest throws of denial and delusion...the joke that keeps on giving.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
So fucking what! What does that say about obama, he has dumped over 4 times as much into the banks, and it is his fed keeping the interest rate at 0 fueling ......wall street..... oh yeah those 1%er's, so why didn't he repeal it with executive order?

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
Disco Boy wrote:

There is NO debate regarding these particular issues. They are FACTS. And here they are AGAIN:

SON. OF. ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Barrack Obama has ZERO business/market experience and lies his ass off more than Bush Jnr. EVER did. The reason why I compared Bush Jnr. to Obama, is simply because most people thought things couldn't get any worse than when Bush Jnr. was in office...but it HAS.


Ok, I think I finally get it. Facts are facts because YOU say they are. There is no need for a debate when you make a claim because the fact that you said it makes it true. If anyone else makes a statement, they must include internet links (which may or may not be bullshit) to "prove" their claims. However, if YOU claim something is a fact, it simply becomes a fact because you are the one who said it is a fact. This has been a revelation. I now realize you are some sort of deity that creates facts by saying they are facts. I'm considering starting a religion based on your words and point of view. Perhaps start a church where Ron and Rand are the apostles. This is life changing. I'm sorry I asked you for links or proof to back up your claims. I was not trying to perform blasphemy. I was a lost sheep. Thank you!

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
Glad to see that you think it's funny that you've been proven wrong yet again...and again...and again....


Quote:
President Bush Signs H.R. 1424 Into Law

RSS Feed White House News

On Friday, October 3, 2008, the President signed into law:

H.R. 1424, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008, and Tax Extenders and Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008, which authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to establish a Troubled Assets Relief Program to purchase troubled assets from financial institutions; provides Alternative Minimum Tax relief; extends expiring tax provisions and establishes energy tax incentives; and temporarily increases Federal Deposit Insurance limits.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives. ... 03-17.html



That's right. Tweedle-douche actually claimed President Obama signed the bank bailout bill. :lol: Right up there with Ron Paul's 10 million voters he guaranteed would show up to the primaries when in reality only a fraction of them actually did...and Ayn Rand's #1 best selling books of all time ever that didn't show up on a single best sellers list.

The guy makes the most absurd claims and is in the deepest throws of denial and delusion...the joke that keeps on giving.



http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/12/news/bu ... 2009011222

Obama: Give me the money

Top aide to president-elect tells Congress it's urgent that $350 billion in remaining bailout funds be put to work. Bush makes formal request to lawmakers.
EMAIL | PRINT | SHARE | RSS
Colin Barr, senior writer
Last Updated: January 12, 2009: 10:23 PM ET


An Obama aide warned leaders in Congress that it must take 'dramatic action' on the economy now.
Breaking down Obama's tax planvideo
Breaking down Obama's tax plan
More Videos

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President-elect Barack Obama made his case Monday to Congress for the release of $350 billion in remaining federal bailout funds.

A top Obama economic aide laid out new priorities for the use of the remaining balance under the Treasury Department's $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. In a letter addressed to the leadership of the Senate and House of Representatives, the Obama team strikes a note of urgency about winning the release of the funds.

"President-elect Obama believes it is not too late to change course, but it will be if we don't take dramatic action as soon as possible," says the letter, written by Lawrence Summers, director-designate of the National Economic Council.

The appeal to Congress comes as the incoming administration seeks to respond to a sharp slowdown in the economy and to win over congressional critics of federal bailout efforts.

The Summers letter - addressed to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Minority Leader John Boehner, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell - said Obama aims to:

Use "our full arsenal of tools" to get credit flowing to consumers and businesses;
Reform the oversight of the TARP program and other responses to financial crisis;
Use "smart, aggressive policies" to reduce foreclosures;
Toughen conditions for recipients of bailout money; and
Try to attract private capital and speed the end of bailout plans.
Before Summers sent the letter to lawmakers, Obama had asked President Bush to notify Congress of Obama's intent to use the remaining TARP funds. And later on Monday, Bush sent Congress the formal request.

Under the bailout legislation approved by Congress in October, unless Congress passes a resolution rejecting the request within 15 days, Treasury can begin tapping the funds.

The money won't be available until the Obama administration is in office. Inauguration Day is Jan. 20.

Obama, meeting with reporters, explained that he is seeking the funding because the financial system remains "fragile."

"I felt that it would be irresponsible for me, with the first $350 billion already spent, to enter into the administration without any potential ammunition, should there be some sort of emergency or weakening of the financial systems," Obama said.

Now for a Hill debate

How the new administration plans to spend the second half of the TARP funding has emerged as a major issue on Capitol Hill.

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have expressed unhappiness with the way Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has used the first $350 billion. They object to how Treasury made direct investments in banks with few strings attached and no process for tracking how the banks are using the money.

Leading Democrats in Congress have made clear that reducing foreclosures will be among their chief priorities for the use of the second half of TARP funds. On Friday, House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank, D-Mass., introduced a bill that promises $50 billion of foreclosure relief and toughens terms on companies getting taxpayer money.

Obama is set to go to Capitol Hill Tuesday to meet with Senate Democrats and make his case for how he wants to spend the TARP funds, two Democratic sources told CNN.

For now, Democrats in Congress are trying to marshal votes to keep bailout critics from passing a measure that would prevent Congress from releasing the second half of the TARP funds.

Last week, Rep. Virginia Foxx, R-N.C., introduced a resolution opposing the release of the funds. Passage would require a majority vote. The House must vote on the measure within five days of the White House making a formal request to Congress, Foxx's spokesman Aaron Groen said.

Groen said he believes the Foxx measure will get substantial support, but he says whether it can get a two-thirds majority that would make it veto-proof is "a tough call."

"It may boil down to what happens with the Frank legislation," Groen said, referring to the bill Frank introduced Friday. Hearings on that bill are scheduled for this week.

Bush: Convince reluctant senators

During his press conference Monday morning, President Bush made note of the ongoing effort to win over skeptics in the Senate.

"The best course of action, of course, is to convince enough members of the Senate to vote positively for the -- for the request," Bush said.

News that Obama was seeking the funds came just hours after Bush, speaking at his last regular White House press conference, said Obama hadn't made any request for the funds.

"I told him that if he felt he needed the $350 billion, I would be willing to ask for it," Bush said Monday.

Despite criticism of how the first half of the TARP money was deployed, Bush defended his administration's approach. He said he was concerned in the fall that the U.S. was headed for an economic meltdown worse than the Great Depression, but now he sees signs that "financial markets are beginning to thaw."

duchamp wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

There is NO debate regarding these particular issues. They are FACTS. And here they are AGAIN:

SON. OF. ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Barrack Obama has ZERO business/market experience and lies his ass off more than Bush Jnr. EVER did. The reason why I compared Bush Jnr. to Obama, is simply because most people thought things couldn't get any worse than when Bush Jnr. was in office...but it HAS.


Ok, I think I finally get it. Facts are facts because YOU say they are. There is no need for a debate when you make a claim because the fact that you said it makes it true. If anyone else makes a statement, they must include internet links (which may or may not be bullshit) to "prove" their claims. However, if YOU claim something is a fact, it simply becomes a fact because you are the one who said it is a fact. This has been a revelation. I now realize you are some sort of deity that creates facts by saying they are facts. I'm considering starting a religion based on your words and point of view. Perhaps start a church where Ron and Rand are the apostles. This is life changing. I'm sorry I asked you for links or proof to back up your claims. I was not trying to perform blasphemy. I was a lost sheep. Thank you!


Would you STFU already. I ALWAYS back my shit up. I've been at this for YEARS now. You're more than a little late to the party, sunshine.

You can't even name ONE piece of business/market experience that Obama has (high school students purchasing products doesn't count...ROTFLMFAO!!! :mrgreen: ), nor can you name ONE thing he has keep his promise on regarding his 2008 campaign platform. EVERYONE with brain who's actually paying attention knows this. And if you actually think it's better now than it was 6 years ago, you either A) haven't compared the Labor Force Participation, Welfare or Poverty rates from then vs. now. B) are in total denial or C) are incredibly stupid...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
Thank you father. As a loyal devote follower I will soak in your gracious words of wisdom. I sm unworthy to bask in your holy glory and hope even acknowledging your sanctified presence is not a carnal insult. Please find it in your heart not to smite my loyal tribe dear lord.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
tweedle-douche wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Glad to see that you think it's funny that you've been proven wrong yet again...and again...and again....


Quote:
President Bush Signs H.R. 1424 Into Law

RSS Feed White House News

On Friday, October 3, 2008, the President signed into law:

H.R. 1424, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008, and Tax Extenders and Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008, which authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to establish a Troubled Assets Relief Program to purchase troubled assets from financial institutions; provides Alternative Minimum Tax relief; extends expiring tax provisions and establishes energy tax incentives; and temporarily increases Federal Deposit Insurance limits.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives. ... 03-17.html



That's right. Tweedle-douche actually claimed President Obama signed the bank bailout bill. :lol: Right up there with Ron Paul's 10 million voters he guaranteed would show up to the primaries when in reality only a fraction of them actually did...and Ayn Rand's #1 best selling books of all time ever that didn't show up on a single best sellers list.

The guy makes the most absurd claims and is in the deepest throws of denial and delusion...the joke that keeps on giving.



http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/12/news/bu ... 2009011222

Obama: Give me the money

Top aide to president-elect tells Congress it's urgent that $350 billion in remaining bailout funds be put to work. Bush makes formal request to lawmakers.
EMAIL | PRINT | SHARE | RSS
Colin Barr, senior writer
Last Updated: January 12, 2009: 10:23 PM ET...


Notice the date of this article? Obama wasn't President Obama yet.

Again, even Ron Paul blamed Bush. The economic collapse started when Republicans and Libertarians controlled every single branch of gov't, so obviously their policies are the ones that failed.


Thanks for posting an article that proves me right and you wrong. You claimed that President Obama bailed out the banks and Wall Street....which was complete bullshit.


Proven wrong yet again...and again...and again...and again... and again...



Happy reading...

Quote:

Bush deregulation led to Wall Street mess

Read more at http://thegazette.com/2010/01/24/bush-d ... jMu2Qpq.99




Quote:
A History of the Bush Administration's Track Record on Deregulation....

The Bush administration's relentless pursuit of deregulation has led the nation to the brink of financial collapse. And now, after months of telling the American people that the economy is sound, Bush-McCain Republicans are insisting the American people bailout their failed policies. Throughout his two terms, President Bush and his administration have refused to exercise their regulatory authority over the *SPAM* industry, put Republican ideologues in charge of vital agencies, ignored the housing bubble that led to irresponsible lending practices and refused to monitor the activities surrounding complex financial instruments that ultimately led to the credit crisis.

GOP RECORD OF DEREGULATION DEMOCRATIC RECORD OF OVERSIGHT
December 28, 2002: A study by Federal Reserve economists reported homeowners taking advantage of falling interest rates and rising home values to extract $131.6 billion via *SPAM* refinancings in 2001 and early 2002, while consumers spent some of the money, they saved or invested more of it, according to a study published in the Federal Reserve Bulletin. Homeowners spent an estimated $20.7 billion of the cash for personal items such as cars, vacations or medical services, the study said. [Chicago Tribune, 12/28/02]

May 2002: Senator Sarbanes introduces the Predatory Lending Consumer Protection Act of 2002. [S. 2438]

November 2003: Senator Sarbanes, introduces the Predatory Lending Consumer Protection Act of 2003. [S. 1928]

February 23, 2004: Instead of heeding warnings, Federal Reserve leadership promotes non-traditional *SPAM* over fixed rate products in a speech to the Credit Union National Association annual conference. "American consumers might benefit if lenders provided greater *SPAM* product alternatives to the traditional fixed-rate *SPAM*.the traditional fixed-rate *SPAM* may be an expensive method of financing a home." [Remarks By Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, 2/23/04]

October 8, 2003: Bush administration objected to a proposal to have an independent regulator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac be an independent unit of Treasury, much like financial regulators housed in the agency that oversee banks and thrifts. The Bush administration also objected to a proposal to have the Department of Housing and Urban Development have oversight over the companies' business activities. The independence provision has broad support from committee Democrats and Republicans. The HUD provision was pushed mostly by Democrats but had been accepted by Oxley and Baker as a compromise needed to move the bill forward. [Washington Post, 10/8/03]

February 24, 2004: At a Senate Banking Committee hearing, Norman Rice, President and CEO of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle questioned having low-income Americans use ARM's to finance their homes. In addition, Senator Sarbanes questioned the Federal Reserve's promotion of alternative *SPAM* products over traditional fixed rate *SPAM*:
* Norman Rice: "Particularly if you're talking about serving an underserved constituency. Adjustable rate *SPAM* for a low income constituency is a nightmare."
* Senator Sarbanes: "[The Federal Reserve] is pushing adjustable rate *SPAM*.and throwing this risk back on the consumer." [Senate Banking Committee Transcript, 2/25/04]

June 30, 2004: After encouraging the use of non-traditional *SPAM*, many of which re-set with rising interest rates, the Federal Reserve begins to raise rates-17 consecutive, 25 basis point increases that take the Federal Reserve Funds rate from a 46-year low of 1 percent in June 2004 to 5.25 percent in June 2006. [Market News International, 4/29/08]

October 26, 2005: House of Representatives passed regulation reforming the GSE's. The bill passed the House 331-90 (Republicans: 209-15; Democrats: 122-74), and would have given the new regulator broad authority over setting capital requirements and limiting portfolio size. Senate Democrats picked that bill up and offered it, but the Administration opposed that legislation. According to Mr. Oxley, the White House gave Congress and the GSE reform legislation "a one-finger salute."
* "We missed a golden opportunity that would have avoided a lot of the problems we're facing now, if we hadn't had such a firm ideological position at the White House and the Treasury and the Fed," Mr. Oxley says." [Financial Times, 9/11/08]

February 7, 2007: Federal banking regulators released their voluntary Guidance on Nontraditional *SPAM* Products for *SPAM* lenders. However, the guidance did not apply to subprime *SPAM*. [Senate Banking Committee Transcipt, Prepared Statement of Martin Eakes, 2/7/07]

March 22, 2007: Senator Dodd laid out how the Federal Reserve was responsible for the "perfect storm" sweeping over American homeowners. At a Banking committee hearing Dodd said, "By May of 2005, the press was reporting that economists were warning about the risks of these new *SPAM*. In June of that year, Chairman Greenspan was talking about "froth" in the *SPAM* market and testified before the Joint Economic Committee that he was troubled by the surge in exotic *SPAM*." [Senate Banking Committee Transcript, 3/22/07]

August 6, 2007: At a White House morning press briefing, in response to a question whether the housing market is correcting or in crisis, President Bush says that the economy is stable: "[I]t looks we're headed for a soft landing." [Remarks By President Bush, 8/9/07]

November 15, 2007: Senator Reid asked unanimous consent to pass the FHA Modernization Act, but Republicans objected. [Congressional Record, 11/15/08]

December 4, 2007: In response to a question about whether the Administration was too slow to recognize the subprime problem, President Bush said: "We've been working on this since August." [Remarks By President Bush, 12/4/07]

December 6, 2007: Senator Reid asked unanimous consent to pass the FHA Modernization Act, but Republicans objected. [Congressional Record, 12/6/08]

October 4, 2007: At a news conference on Wednesday, House and Senate Democrats outlined a plan to help low- and middle-income families keep their homes." [New York Times, 10/04/07]

January 9, 2008: The Federal Reserve finally proposes rule pursuant to the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, to combat abusive and deceptive lending practices. Congress passed the law in 1994. [Federal Reserve System, 1/9/08; Public Law No: 103-325]

February 14, 2008: Senate Democrats announce The Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008 which would keep families facing foreclosure in their homes, help other families avoid foreclosures in the future, and help communities already harmed by foreclosure to recover. [HR 3221, 2008]

February 26, 2008: After Senate Democrats introduce The Foreclosure Prevention Act, White House issues a veto threat and Senate Republicans block consideration of the bill. [Statement of Administration Policy, 2/26/08; Senate Vote #35, HR 3221]

February 28, 2008: Senate Republicans blocked consideration of the Foreclosure Prevention Act. The bill provided $10 billion in bond authority to refinance subprime loans, $4 billion in grants for the rehabilitation of foreclosed homes and tax relief for struggling homebuilders. The bill also included a provision that would allow bankruptcy courts to modify the terms of a *SPAM* on a primary residence that could have helped 600,000 families stay in their homes. [Senate Vote #35, HR 3221; CRS Summary; Finance Committee Press Release, 2/15/08; Center for Responsible Lending]

March 14, 2008: Federal Reserve and JP Morgan Chase Bailed Out Bear Stearns. "On the verge of a collapse that could have shaken the very foundations of the U.S. financial system, investment bank Bear Stearns Cos. was bailed out Friday by a rival and the federal government. The near-miss raised new alarm about the credit crisis -- and whether other big firms might be in jeopardy." [AP, 3/15/08]

April 1, 2008: Republicans Stall Housing Bill. Republicans force cloture vote on motion to proceed to energy bill. [Senate Vote 86, HR 3221, 4/1/08]

June 19, 2008: After measure is reported by the Senate banking committee, White House issues a veto threat against the Federal Housing Finance Regulatory Reform Act of 2008, which includes GSEs reform, on the grounds that the bill provides $4 billion in grants to communities struggling with foreclosed properties. [Statement of Administration Policy, 1/19/08]

June 24, 2008: Republicans Stall Housing Bill. Republicans forced Democrats to file cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to the Housing bill. [Senate Vote 155, HR 3221, 6/24/08]

June 25, 2008: 79 Senators vote to pass the bipartisan housing bill while some Republican Senators announce they would use procedural maneuvers to delay final passage until after the July 4th recess. "Sens. Jim DeMint and John Ensign both said they were willing to run out the clock on a major housing bill.'I don't intend to allow any unanimous consents to shorten the debate time on the housing bill,' DeMint said." [Roll Call, 6/26/08]

July 7, 2008: Republican Senators force a procedural vote in order to further delay the passage of the comprehensive housing bill. [Senate Vote #163, HR 3221, 7/10/08]

July 10, 2008: Several Republican Senators force another procedural vote in order to delay passage of the housing bill. (Senate Vote #170, HR 3221, 7/10/08) "By a vote of 84-12 Thursday, the Senate cleared away the last procedural hurdle hindering the measure in that chamber, but lingering objections by a GOP critic pushed off passage until Friday." [AP, 7/11/08]

July 11, 2008: White House spokeswoman Dana Perino renews veto threat against the housing bill. [AP, 7/11/08]
April 10: 2008: Senate Democrats Passed the Foreclosure Prevention Act. The bill provided tax breaks for those buying foreclosed homes, overhaul of the FHA *SPAM* insurance program, $4 billion to purchase and rehabilitate foreclosed homes, $100 million for housing counseling and relief for veterans returning from war facing foreclosure. [Senate Vote 96, HR 3221]

May 20, 2008: Senate Banking Committee passes bipartisan housing bill. The bill, passed out of committee on a vote of 19-2, includes major efforts to help prevent the rising number of foreclosures, to create more affordable housing for Americans, and to strengthen the regulation of the GSEs in order to reduce risk and improve their role in the housing finance system. [CQ Committee Coverage, 5/20/08]

July 11, 2008: Alarmed by the growing financial stress at the nation's two largest *SPAM* finance companies, senior Bush administration officials consider a plan to have the government take over Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac and place them in a conservatorship if their problems worsen. [New York Times, 7/11/08]

July 15, 2008: Bush says he opposes bailouts for private companies, "In terms of private enterprises, no, I don't think the government ought to be involved with bailing out companies. I think the government ought to create the conditions so that companies can survive. And I've listed four. And one of the things I'm deeply troubled about is people who feel like it's okay to raise taxes during these times. And it would be a huge mistake to raise taxes right now." [Remarks By President Bush, 7/15/08 ]

July 26, 2008: Senate passes the Housing and Economic Recovery Act by a vote of 72-13.

July 23, 2008: White House drops veto threat based on Secretary Paulson's request for GSE authority. "The legislation, unveiled in March, sped to approval after lawmakers added a plan proposed July 13 by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson that lets him back up Fannie and Freddie..The change prompted Bush to drop a veto threat." [Bloomberg, 7/27/08]

July 25, 2008: Republicans stall housing bill. Republicans force cloture vote on the motion to concur to the House amendments to the Housing bill. [Senate Vote 185, HR 3221, 7/25/08] ...

http://www.vegsource.com/homeschool/iss ... 17238.html


Libertarian/Republican policies and deregulation is entirely the cause of the economic collapse. Had nothing to do with looney conspiracy theories about Clinton cooking books or Obama.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1646
I know you can't read these links , Spacer , because your ' handlers ' won't let you but you should really try to break your mindless gaze at the pocket watch swinging in front of your eyes. And I know you're scared you might actually learn something , but for once in your life , try to break away and have an original thought of your own.
:|

There never was a surplus
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democrac ... 7/deficits

Factcheck.org and the Clinton Surplus
http://quaap.com/D/clinton-surplus-factcheck

The Clinton Surplus Myth
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/ ... rplus_myth

Deficit Delusions: Putting to Rest the Clinton Legacy
http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/cep ... ton-legacy

How Did A Surplus Result In The National Debt Going Up?
http://www.davemanuel.com/2012/09/06/wh ... lus-years/

The Dangerous Myth About The Bill Clinton Tax Increase
http://www.forbes.com/sites/charleskadl ... -increase/

_________________
may you have the bank account of a republican and the sex life of a democrat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb purposely MISQUOTED the article I posted. If he quoted the rest of the article, he would've noticed that Obama OK'ED the second half of the bailouts in 2009. And not only that but Clinton was the one who signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act (aka, the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act) in 1999. While the Bush Administration certainly helped the deregulation along, Clinton's signature was what kicked-started the events that led to the Housing Bubble Crisis 6+ years ago... :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
There's no misquote of the article. I highlighted the date of the article, which was published while Bush was still the president. Again, the economy thrived under Clinton, collapsed under entirely because of Republican and Libertarian policies, and has since seen improvements under President Obama, despite the efforts by Republicans and Libertarians to derail it. History proves this as 100% accurate. No amount of Conspiracy theories and blatant racism change the actual FACTS, versus the revisionist history and delusions a couple of people here subscribe to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
THE MOST DELUSIONAL HUMAN BEING ON PLANET EARTH wrote:
There's no misquote of the article. I highlighted the date of the article, which was published while Bush was still the president. Again, the economy thrived under Clinton, collapsed under entirely because of Republican and Libertarian policies, and has since seen improvements under President Obama, despite the efforts by Republicans and Libertarians to derail it. History proves this as 100% accurate. No amount of Conspiracy theories and blatant racism change the actual FACTS, versus the revisionist history and delusions a couple of people here subscribe to.


Holy jumping shit-balls in hell in a hand basket. Words fail me.

And the fact you're not locked away in an insane asylum is seriously frightening me...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
One.More.Time.For.The.World.

The numbers don't lie...happy reading... :lol:
http://www.bushtoll.com/
Entirely and 100% because of Republican and Libertarian policies.

It must be lonely living in denial all of the time tweedle-douche.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
THE MOST DELUSIONAL HUMAN BEING ON PLANET EARTH wrote:
One.More.Time.For.The.World.

The numbers don't lie...happy reading... :lol:
http://www.bushtoll.com/
Entirely and 100% because of Republican and Libertarian policies.

It must be lonely living in denial all of the time tweedle-douche.


You are REALLY fucking stupid...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7792
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
DB, whether SB is "really fucking stupid", or not, is a bit irrelevant, surely?

I would of thought there would be a number of arguments you could have made to refute his link. Particularly the 100% bit.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
DB, whether SB is "really fucking stupid", or not, is a bit irrelevant, surely?

I would of thought there would be a number of arguments you could have made to refute his link. Particularly the 100% bit.


:mrgreen:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (to quote Arkay)!

I needed that...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6934
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Caputh wrote:
I would of thought ...
Where did you say you were educated? And to what level? :wink:

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7792
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
polydigm wrote:
Caputh wrote:
I would of thought ...
Where did you say you were educated? And to what level? :wink:



That evening, at the University of Chardonnay. I got a third in wine management.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 4237
50% Of American Workers Make Less Than $28,031 A Year

-39 percent of American workers made less than $20,000 last year.

-52 percent of American workers made less than $30,000 last year.

-63 percent of American workers made less than $40,000 last year.

-72 percent of American workers made less than $50,000 last year.

And the smear merchant sings his favorite Beatle tune: "It's getting better all the ti-i-i-ime."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-2 ... 28031-year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 1646
Image

_________________
may you have the bank account of a republican and the sex life of a democrat.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group