Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Your points? You still think you have made points? More nonsense. As though we didn't expect it? You have been studying for 2.5 years. Hooray. You have been on the forum much longer than that. Were you NOT studying in the years before that? Has the last 2.5 years been special study? TCS has an opinion, so rather than counter it, you dismiss it. That isn't PROOF or FACTs or anything useful. Its bullshit runaway weaseling. I laugh at the last part especially since you consider yourself to be so in touch with that word and then you dismiss my laughter as though your weaseling was the right choice! I don't care about your hypocrisy because we have both been on this forum so long that you are obvious and hilarious. Go kiss the memory of Ayn Rand. Btw, did you see John Oliver on Sunday? Great rips on Aynnie and those who still consider her to be worthwhile, hahaha...
Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m8cQI4DgM


Yes, my points. I have made plenty of points. Which you conveniently ignore because it doesn't fit into your liberal mindset. I never said I've been studying for 2.5 years. I basically said that I've been discussing and making points regarding politics on the forum for that long. Once again, in the Ron Paul / political threads, I've already discredited just about every point TCS made in his initial post above. And for you to expect me to sort through literally HUNDREDS of pages on this forum each and every single time someone questions what I've stated, is preposterous and for more than obvious reasons.

John Oliver's clip above is absolute horseshit. And just like Hartmann's clip you posted earlier, they don't understand Ayn Rand's philosophies from a hole in the wall. Ayn was talking about RATIONAL selfishness. Whereas, Oliver and Hartmann's clips not surprisingly misinterpret that as THROWING PEOPLE UNDER THE BUS selfishness. They are two completely different things. Atlas Shrugged essentially predicted the Housing Bubble Crisis aftermath and the mess we're still in today. The bulk of the plot is so incredibly similar that it's like a fucking blueprint on how to destroy industry through over-regulation, over-taxation and massive Government interference in the marketplace. And it's no surprise that today, it sells several times more copies than it did before Obama took office. You ignore this like the plague.

So until you can provide ANYTHING that resembles a convincing argument to the contrary (which you haven't yet, unless you consider, "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha", etc., a convincing argument), you'd better cast aside those convenient ad hominem attacks and get back on the sidelines...

Image

Philostopher wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
You are one stupid motherfucker...


To quote Arkay:

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Pot, kettle motherfucker...

Keep studying. You might get it one day? :|


STFU, you idiot.

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 6752
Location: Between the Badges
To paraphrase -

RK: You have no points, DB

DB: But, Ayn Rand was Nostradamus; a Prophet, I say! You MUST give me a point for that!


Heck, I'd pay for that quality of entertainment! Good thing I get it here for free! :)

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 4532
Location: Approaching Death
Ouch! That hurts my feelings so much. :roll:

_________________
"Everything dies baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
To paraphrase -

RK: You have no points, DB

DB: But, Ayn Rand was Nostradamus; a Prophet, I say! You MUST give me a point for that!


Heck, I'd pay for that quality of entertainment! Good thing I get it here for free! :)


More selective quotes and still NO (or ANY) convincing argument to the contrary.

Entertaining indeed... :lol:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 6752
Location: Between the Badges
Contrary to what? You haven't made any points. Also, I figured you for knowing the difference between paraphrase and quote. I guess not.
But, back to your silly idea of "contrary". If someone declares "put your hand in the fire" and I call it a dumb idea, I DON'T have to come up with a contrary idea. Its a fire, don't put your hand there. But, it seems you enjoy taking the idiocy farther. You demand a contrary notion, as though to oppose your dumb idea of putting a hand into the fire, I should suggest a hand frozen in ice. But, that is not the opposite. NOT putting your hand in the fire is the opposite. NOT agreeing to a dumb idea is the contrary of the dumb idea.
You constantly act as though you are right as long as no one provides a contrary notion. But, since you constantly fail to prove what you consider to be your own points, all anyone really has to do is call them out for what they are: dumb ideas. Sometimes, not even that, just secondhand tenets of the Randites.
You have gone on and on for years without making any of the points that you so very much want to. Say something worth reading already. Until then, I'll make do with entertainment.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
+1

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
+1

All he'll do is come back and claim he made points many times, when in reality he hasn't, but it would take him too long to go back and find them. Another typical ploy his to avoid admitting he's been proven wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Contrary to what? You haven't made any points. Also, I figured you for knowing the difference between paraphrase and quote. I guess not.
But, back to your silly idea of "contrary". If someone declares "put your hand in the fire" and I call it a dumb idea, I DON'T have to come up with a contrary idea. Its a fire, don't put your hand there. But, it seems you enjoy taking the idiocy farther. You demand a contrary notion, as though to oppose your dumb idea of putting a hand into the fire, I should suggest a hand frozen in ice. But, that is not the opposite. NOT putting your hand in the fire is the opposite. NOT agreeing to a dumb idea is the contrary of the dumb idea.
You constantly act as though you are right as long as no one provides a contrary notion. But, since you constantly fail to prove what you consider to be your own points, all anyone really has to do is call them out for what they are: dumb ideas. Sometimes, not even that, just secondhand tenets of the Randites.
You have gone on and on for years without making any of the points that you so very much want to. Say something worth reading already. Until then, I'll make do with entertainment.


I haven't made any points?! Are you fucking kidding me?! I've been going into explicit detail about these things for 2 1/2 years. You are in extreme denial. And, at least in terms of politics, I now consider you to be one of the most delusional posters on this forum. In fact, you're almost as bad as tweedle-dumb.

The FACT of the matter here is no matter how dumb you think the points I've proven are, it's not that you DON'T have to provide evidence or a convincing argument to the contrary...it's that you CAN'T. So you throw ad hominems instead. And hence you just keep pissing in the wind, making yourself look stupider by the minute. Typical liberal.

Here's a typical uneducated liberal (unfortunately, like yourself) debating an educated politician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeWOEASzVnY

See the similarities? The typical uneducated liberal claims that the educated politician in question is incorrect but he CAN'T tell anyone why.

Oh and btw, if you were paying attention, you'd notice I said selective quotes, not direct quotes. There's a difference.

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
+1


tweedle-dumb wrote:
+1

All he'll do is come back and claim he made points many times, when in reality he hasn't, but it would take him too long to go back and find them. Another typical ploy his to avoid admitting he's been proven wrong.


Back on the sidelines, kids...

Image

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5396
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
If someone declares "put your hand in the fire" and I call it a dumb idea, I DON'T have to come up with a contrary idea. Its a fire, don't put your hand there. But, it seems you enjoy taking the idiocy farther. You demand a contrary notion, as though to oppose your dumb idea of putting a hand into the fire, I should suggest a hand frozen in ice.


I think what the disco boy was looking for was more along the lines of a fireproof oven mitt. Maybe with the likeness of Bryan Ferry embroidered into the thumb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 6752
Location: Between the Badges
Still can't figure out the difference between paraphrase and quote, DB? That's sad. Buck up boy! It's not difficult if you apply yourself. I'm heartened by your last post anyway. It seemed that you really tried. The fact that you failed to make a point is secondary to the fact that you tried to make a point. Anyway, you still have a total of zero points so, if you want to think of Letterman v. Paul as a debate, I'll leave that up to you to prove. See what I just did there? I left you to prove your points. I don't need to make a list of reasons why considering L v P to be a debate is a dumb assessment of the scenario. This is because it is what you are trying to prove (or disprove who knows?). And you are failing at it. If there was some good reason to consider Letteman v Paul to be a debate, we could discuss it (debate the debate), but you haven't provided any.
If that is your whole point, that Letterman admitted that he couldn't completely analyze Rand Paul babble in real time, then fine. Hooray. That is a reasonable observation, albeit impotent. Now, if you would like to upgrade it to a point about the things that Rand Paul said (ya know, the debate part, not the Liberal-bashing part), go ahead. Give it a try. You haven't yet. Maybe you can't. I certainly can't make an argument against a non-existant point. Of course, there is no opposite of zero or negative zero so give me something to work with. You gave RP a bit ole smooch by posting that link, so should I assume that you back every action he's made in his life, every interpretation of his words? Or, if you are in fact trying to make a point - what is it? Because if your point is that Liberals can't keep up with your level of argument, then sorry, you don't have an argument. You don't have a point. Sad after all this, I know.

Now, I don't want you to think that this is all me giving you a hard time. I want you to eventually make a good point. About anything, really. I think you have it in you. Although your history only shows minor successes there, don't lose heart! Let's be proud of what you have accomplished so far.

Points DB Has Made

1. U2 is Popular - I won't even argue it. You are right. Alot of people like this shitty band.
2. Hardcore Rush Fans Still Like Rush - Again, you called em like they obviously are. Who could argue with this kind of logic?

There, I got you started. Be proud of those proven points of accomplishment! Add on to that list if you can! (But, please, not that stupid FZ = Libertarian jibberish. You shouldn't insult FZ on the FZ Forum) I admit that I was wrong saying that you have made no points and I admit it myself by finding the above 2 points you have made. You may well have made points that I haven't seen, who knows?
Now, if you don't want to add to that list (which I have to admit is likely) or if you can't (which is more likely if only tacit) then you should really stop with the endlessly repeated phrases saying that you have already proven something elsewhere. I am offering you the chance to validate those unfounded assertions. Show that your thoughts have value and that you are not just repetetive, boring and substitute other's arguments(Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Ayn Rand, The Austrian School of Economics...) for your own. What's that you say? Listing your points would be repetetive and boring? Well, a zero is a round thing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
This should get you started DB. Good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lClgIfA9U

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Still can't figure out the difference between paraphrase and quote, DB? That's sad. Buck up boy! It's not difficult if you apply yourself. I'm heartened by your last post anyway. It seemed that you really tried. The fact that you failed to make a point is secondary to the fact that you tried to make a point. Anyway, you still have a total of zero points so, if you want to think of Letterman v. Paul as a debate, I'll leave that up to you to prove. See what I just did there? I left you to prove your points. I don't need to make a list of reasons why considering L v P to be a debate is a dumb assessment of the scenario. This is because it is what you are trying to prove (or disprove who knows?). And you are failing at it. If there was some good reason to consider Letteman v Paul to be a debate, we could discuss it (debate the debate), but you haven't provided any.
If that is your whole point, that Letterman admitted that he couldn't completely analyze Rand Paul babble in real time, then fine. Hooray. That is a reasonable observation, albeit impotent. Now, if you would like to upgrade it to a point about the things that Rand Paul said (ya know, the debate part, not the Liberal-bashing part), go ahead. Give it a try. You haven't yet. Maybe you can't. I certainly can't make an argument against a non-existant point. Of course, there is no opposite of zero or negative zero so give me something to work with. You gave RP a bit ole smooch by posting that link, so should I assume that you back every action he's made in his life, every interpretation of his words? Or, if you are in fact trying to make a point - what is it? Because if your point is that Liberals can't keep up with your level of argument, then sorry, you don't have an argument. You don't have a point. Sad after all this, I know.

Now, I don't want you to think that this is all me giving you a hard time. I want you to eventually make a good point. About anything, really. I think you have it in you. Although your history only shows minor successes there, don't lose heart! Let's be proud of what you have accomplished so far.

Points DB Has Made

1. U2 is Popular - I won't even argue it. You are right. Alot of people like this shitty band.
2. Hardcore Rush Fans Still Like Rush - Again, you called em like they obviously are. Who could argue with this kind of logic?

There, I got you started. Be proud of those proven points of accomplishment! Add on to that list if you can! (But, please, not that stupid FZ = Libertarian jibberish. You shouldn't insult FZ on the FZ Forum) I admit that I was wrong saying that you have made no points and I admit it myself by finding the above 2 points you have made. You may well have made points that I haven't seen, who knows?
Now, if you don't want to add to that list (which I have to admit is likely) or if you can't (which is more likely if only tacit) then you should really stop with the endlessly repeated phrases saying that you have already proven something elsewhere. I am offering you the chance to validate those unfounded assertions. Show that your thoughts have value and that you are not just repetetive, boring and substitute other's arguments(Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Ayn Rand, The Austrian School of Economics...) for your own. What's that you say? Listing your points would be repetetive and boring? Well, a zero is a round thing, but I'll believe it when I see it.


Coming from a posters that has NEVER made a single convincing argument or "point" to the contrary against what I've stated, the above is absolutely fucking hilarious. For I don't even know how long now, I've kept asking you to disprove the "points" I've made, but YOU CAN'T DO IT. And YOU STILL CAN'T DO IT. ALL you do is throw ad hominems at me like most of the Liberals / lefties here, or in the above case, compose multiple paragraphs describing that I haven't made any "points" despite the FACT I have. Whereas, you've could've used that time to try and disprove what I've stated. Oh well, you may utilize your liberal debating logic and continue saying that my posts are "dumb" or respond by saying, "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha", now. It's all very entertaining.

Oh and btw, it's a FACT that most of Frank Zappa's beliefs were Libertarian-based. This is evidenced not only in The Real Frank Zappa Book, but in the clip below in my sig, which you CONVENIENTLY ignore. That is not an insult to FZ. Though, I know you don't like FACTS when they get in the way of your beliefs...

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
This should get you started DB. Good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lClgIfA9U


downer mydnyte wrote:
I think what the disco boy was looking for was more along the lines of a fireproof oven mitt. Maybe with the likeness of Bryan Ferry embroidered into the thumb.


What great liberal debating logic tactics. I wonder what the next set of ad hominems will be?!


You may now continue supporting a President who:

~ by acting like The World Police, has killed several times more people (especially innocent ones) in a plethora of unnecessary Middle Eastern wars through more sheer terror and drone strikes, which has effectively created more hate-filled blowback from people in these regions, than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ has ZERO business/market experience
~ through horseshit Keynesian economics and similar left-wing bias policies, bailed out bankers that did NOT need bailouts and essentially ALLOWED the prolonged agony of the Housing Bubble Crisis recovery (or lack thereof) to happen, to the point where it is worse now than it was six years ago
~ has also worsened the economy and private sector through over-regulation, over-taxation and massive Government interference, inadvertently forcing many of them to either fold or move overseas, far greater than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ has added to the national debt more than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ lies his ass off, more than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ beefs up Government benefits like welfare & food stamps while demagoguing his way through campaigns JUST to win votes
~ FORCES Obamacare on people who do NOT want it and hence financially penalizes many of them if they don't buy into it - which as an unforeseen side effective, helps to destroy the incentive for the private sector to remain in the country
~ has all but destroyed the 4th Amendment more than Bush Jnr. ever did, while hanging the 2nd Amendment over a cliff by its scrotum
~ plays Golf WAY too often instead of doing his job...and more than Bush Jnr. ever did


Barrack Obama is a hack. He's a campaign socialist in disguise as a liberal, if there ever was one and a COMPLETE fucking idiot. He has NO business being anywhere near the White House, nor is he even remotely qualified to be. And now, I'm beginning to think you guys aren't just ignorant towards the above FACTS but are instead, just plain fucking stupid...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
President Obama didn't bail out the banks.

Quote:
"By coming together on this legislation, we have acted boldly to prevent the crisis on Wall Street from becoming a crisis in communities across our country," Bush said less than an hour after the House voted 263 to 171 to pass the bill.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/03/news/ec ... /index.htm


Currently, the deficit is 17 trillion dollars. When Bush left office, the deficit was 12 trillion. More than doubled huh? hahaha yeah right. tweedle-douche's arithmetic skills are still lacking.

Incidently, the deficit is now dropping...
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/20 ... onal-debt/
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/ ... n-Q2#page1

and just to pour salt into his wounded ego...
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
...notice how the countdown is decreasing?

The rest of his non-points and non-facts have been thoroughly debunked.


tweedle-douche....proven wrong yet again...and again... and again...and again...and again...keep trying though...you might score better than a D- someday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 4050
Location: Chicago, sort of.
FYI. I'm not debating, in case you haven't noticed. So I don't care about ad hominems on either side. However, I do watch these proceedings, and I find the process and entertainment value much more interesting than the debate. You, DB (sorry, you've finally lost the right to be called Josh), had your ass handed to you 2 1/2 years ago. But your pathology won't let you quit. Unfortunately, there really aren't any meds for personality disorders; you'll have to muddle along as best you can.

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7913
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Watch out...tweedle-douche might make an over-taxation claim...while the rest of us not in his alternative reality can clearly see that the actual corporate tax rate is at it's lowest in decades...

http://news.yahoo.com/tax-facts-lowest- ... 39656.html

http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/the ... air-share/

http://thegrio.com/2012/07/12/under-oba ... -30-years/

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/blog/ ... st-in.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 6752
Location: Between the Badges
OK, DB. That's enough of this silliness. You can go back to pretending that you have made "points" and I'll go back to ignoring you for a while. Don't worry, I don't hate you for being wrong. So very wrong on so many things. I think the word I keep going back to here is "sad". Sad that you don't understand debating or proof or politics or economics or sociology or consistency or even high school grammar while giving yourself an A+ on all counts. You think that logic has a liberal bias? That level of paranoia is at least Sad. As Ronnys mentioned, this is likely some kind of personality disorder. If so, I suppose it could be as benign as egomania. That is quite a combo though, paranoia plus egomania. But whatever it is, the symptoms include some kind of general argumentative obfuscation, combative recalcitrance, an unwillingness to learn another's perspective, blind stubbornness and probably a long list of other things. Who knows? But, whatetever it is, you got boring again. Golf? That's something you consider a "point"? Golf? Sad.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
I usually ignore your banter but a couple of points:

Disco Boy wrote:
You may now continue supporting a President who:
~ has ZERO business/market experience


I assume putting ZERO in all caps was meant to state that you believe this claim to some sort of extreme degree. Therefore, I would argue that any person who has ever purchased an object, or graduated from high school, has SOME business/market experience. Sure, I understand you were trying to exaggerate, but the problem is you often use these types of exaggerations to over-emphasize a point, and it makes you sound foolish. How about simply stating the truth rather than exaggerating for effect? Oh, right, sorry, you watch Fox. Silly me.

Disco Boy wrote:
~ has also worsened the economy and private sector through over-regulation, over-taxation and massive Government interference, inadvertently forcing many of them to either fold or move overseas, far greater than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ has added to the national debt more than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ lies his ass off, more than Bush Jnr. ever did
~ has all but destroyed the 4th Amendment more than Bush Jnr. ever did, while hanging the 2nd Amendment over a cliff by its scrotum
~ plays Golf WAY too often instead of doing his job...and more than Bush Jnr. ever did


"lies his ass off, more..." Is this an objective statement? Do you have numbers to back this up? I'd love to see the information backing this claim. Yes, they are both liars, but since you strive so hard at accuracy, I assume you have sources that have counted the exact number of lies they have told? Perhaps you have poured over hours and hours of news footage and interviews and counted each lie yourself?

Finally, why in the hell do you continue to compare Obama to Bush Jr.? I am in no way defending Obama, because there are plenty of things he could have done better. However, why compare what you believe to be shit to other shit? "Hey, this might be shit, but at least it's better than this other shit"? Who gives a fuck, it's still shit.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Last edited by duchamp on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
I also do not want to join the debate but , the notion that graduating from highSchool gives one any sort of business acumen is preposterous . That said , it could , but a Hs degree or any degree for that matter just doesn't give one buss. or economic experience. Case in point B Obama, apparently the guy has no real world work experience at all, I would categorize him as a debutant hack !

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
I teach fourth graders. In fourth grade students learn how to "earn money" and "buy" things through proper behavior and doing extra work. That is business/market experience. Is it enough to run a country? Hell no. But to claim someone has ZERO business experience is to claim they have never participated in almost any aspect of society. Ever worked for money and bought a coke? You have business experience. Also, as far as I know, acumen was never claimed, only experience. I have experience in air travel (I have ridden on a plane), but I certainly have no flying acumen.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
Again I hate to split hairs on this but a class does not give you experience, actually working, and maybe failing and trying again would be experience, further more experience does not mean you are good at it. Many teachers have years of experience and are poor at it. I wouldn't be so quick to pat ones self on the back.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Again I hate to split hairs on this but a class does not give you experience, actually working, and maybe failing and trying again would be experience, further more experience does not mean you are good at it. Many teachers have years of experience and are poor at it. I wouldn't be so quick to pat ones self on the back.


In many classrooms, students have to work to obtain fake money. At the end of the week, students have an opportunity to buy items that they want because they have worked to earn money that they spend. They fail when they do not earn money to buy things. How is this not an experience? It may not be equal to having to go out and support themselves, but it is an experience.

Pat ones self on the back? Where did I say anything about my abilities? Did you even read what I posted? I said students learn things, and I said I have no flying acumen. Where did I claim anything about how good I am at anything? How does saying "I teach fourth grade" equal patting myself on the back?

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
Don't get to defensive, but you just said, you, taught some kids to play with fake money that will give them experience , I am saying that in it's self is not experience and is also dependent on the teachers skill. As for the class I say ok, good to learn. I think focus on check book balance, saving the money they earn, and investment technique, is a must. Over all that is not experience , it is a course that needs to be put into practice in the real world. Did you wright the curriculum or is this mandated from the school? Definitely seems like the correct thing to expose the youth of to day to . Not sure i agree with the work and spend to pass idea.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Atlanta
No, I never said I taught them to do so. I said "In many classrooms, students have to work to obtain fake money." I actually do not do this in my classroom. For the teachers that DO choose to do so, the students grades are in no way dependent on these transactions, they are merely rewards for behaviors or extra work. The only requirements for economics in the curriculum at this level are that we teach them the basics of supply and demand, and how having an abundance or too few of a given item affects cost. I wish it were a requirement to go into greater depth. As far as I recall, ideas such as the ones you suggest do occur in middle, or they did for me. I hope they still do.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4859
Yeah when i was in 4th grade nobody taught us about economics , should be started at this age.

_________________
"I'm interested in the capitalistic way of life, and the reason I like it better than anything else I've seen so far is because competition produces results."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5532
Location: Vancouver, BC
I think Arkay has reached new levels of delusion. He STILL claims I haven't made any "points", despite the FACT I have. And he still has yet to construct even ONE remotely convincing argument to the contrary to back his shit up. Not to mention, since he CAN'T disprove anything I've stated, he automatically thinks I have, "...an unwillingness to learn another's perspective...", when I always try to falsify my own beliefs before coming to conclusions.

Ronny's Noomies claims to not care about ad hominem attacks but yet throws a few at me despite of that?! Okkkkkkkkkkkk.

tweedle-dumb STILL thinks Obama didn't even have a hand in bailing out the banks, that the US corporate tax rate is the lowest in decades, when in FACT it's the highest it's EVER been at roughly 35%...and that Obama hasn't helped to raise the national debt more than ANY other President in history, despite the FACT he has! ROTF! :mrgreen:

duchamp,

ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Barrack Obama has ZERO business/market experience and lies his ass off more than Bush Jnr. EVER did. The reason why I compared Bush Jnr. to Obama, is simply because most people thought things couldn't get any worse than when Bush Jnr. was in office...but it HAS.

Give me a fucking break.


You guys are absolutely and delusionally pathetic. And you should be ashamed of yourselves. :roll:

In fact, come to think of it, we should retitle the Z forum, the Comedy Gold forum, since it's now a more accurate title....

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group