Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:54 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#27 date=06/08/03 at 03:21:02]<br>but that's the whole problem: you can't govern a country *with your heart*. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Maybe it's because we're in a man's world. What if every government was female-dominated ? It could be the other way around. It's never been tried as far as I know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:06 am 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#26 date=06/08/03 at 02:29:53]<br>Image<br>A lesbian love scene?<br>Aaah, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...[/quote]<br><br>Hey, you found it!  It's a pretty good book and not just for the love scene.  Sorta a sci fi dyke time travel thing. 8)<br><br>Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)<br><br>Sabrina<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:30 am 

It's a really nice idea, but somewhat flawed.<br><br>Younger women may not be the best women to be placed in seats of power, as "that time of the month" may interfere with their good judgment and cause them to do irrational things.<br><br>So...<br><br>Post-menopausal women in power only, please.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:14 am 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=30#30 date=06/08/03 at 09:30:02]It's a really nice idea, but somewhat flawed.<br>Younger women may not be the best women to be placed in seats of power, as "that time of the month" may interfere with their good judgment and cause them to do irrational things.<br>So...<br>Post-menopausal women in power only, please.[/quote]<br><br>OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY !<br><br>I just can't wait to read from women on this forum still having that, how do you call it, "that time of the month",  interfering with their good judgement and all that stuff. I think, if I'm not mistaken, you're in for a rowdy rocky trip my young fellow !<br><br>OH BOY. I JUST CAN'T WAIT ! I think you made my day. Unless of course they agree with you (which I think they won't).        ;D    ;D    ;D<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:41 am 

As Frank once said<br>"The woman is much smarter than the man"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:10 am 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=30#30 date=06/08/03 at 09:30:02]It's a really nice idea, but somewhat flawed.<br><br>Younger women may not be the best women to be placed in seats of power, as "that time of the month" may interfere with their good judgment and cause them to do irrational things.<br><br>So...<br><br>Post-menopausal women in power only, please.[/quote]<br><br>Even if I grant your statement (which I don't) how is this any worse than being inflexably phallicly logical and "reasonable", which is the prime stereotype of men. <br><br>Even if a woman leader was "indisposed" by menstuation, I am sure, since women are in charge in this hypothetical situation, that means would be found to deal with it.    The way things are managed at the present, is not the only way.  Perhaps power would not be concentrated in the hands of very few persons who might not be able to perform their duties at times of crisis.<br><br>Sabrina <br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:14 am 

And any way, do you think that men's sexuality does not interfere with their judgement at any time?  Hah!  Think of Pres Clinton giving Monica the ol' cigar.  And perjuring himself all over the place trying to weasel his way out of it.<br><br>Sabrina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:39 am 

WOW !    <br><br>Many things I have to react to, here !!!<br><br>MIJ :     women are not doing things with their heart more than men. They THINK as well as them to make decisions, and they also, sometimes, react with their hormones, as well as men. They just don't have the same reasonnable priorities.  They're not truly well hearted naturally, I mean, not more than men.  You have an intersting old fashion romantic view of women. It's sweet, but I'm afraid it's not relevant.  I'm really sorry to say that to you. I like you and don't mean to cause you any pain. :-*<br><br>What makes the huge difference, according to me is<br><br>[center]POWER[/center]<br><br>you have it or not, you eagerly want it or not, you can reach it or not etc...  What makes some men go wrong is the fear to loose power, at different levels of the human's relationship.<br><br>Men are in this game most of the time. Be powerful, impressive to be respected and keep a good place in the human society.<br><br>A lot of women don't even have to play this game. A common lady in the street would rather think that power is in someone else's game. She's not close to have it anyway, she doesn't have to protect it. That makes a lot of women more peaceful than men.  Now, you can have some power struggles  at every level of the <br>society : a family,  a neighborhood, a city council, your work place, etc. Women are more likely involved in those less mediatised circles. But look at them here : the daughter / mother relationship is not all sweet and sugar;  Gossips or pure mean things can open a silent war in the next street behind yours. (you know how neighbors look at each others, women are not the less active in this one.) Women in politics can be as eager than men and makes wrong choices too.<br><br>M. Thatcher, according to me, was a kind of un-hearted woman. But she was definitely a woman.  It's not a question of gender, but a question of personnality.<br><br>Like Sabrina, I believe that it wouldn't be better but certainly different. But again, Thatcher is a counter example. She just made it go wrong without any special gesture towards women.<br><br>mentaltossflycoon :   You're right when you say that ruling a family is the same kind of exercice than ruling a country.  Some women are good for it some others are disasters.<br><br>But I can't agree with you when you say that we do that instinctly.  It's cultural. We're are trained for it since our first years. You know the old story of little girls playing with dolls ( the one who cries, the other one who barf, and the one who pees, etc.) just to copy what mum does.  We recognise very early wich one of the parents we're like and we learn the role we're supposed to have very early, on a every day life basis. Now this looks like the perfect moral pattern. But the mothers aren't always good as mothers and it's very difficult for their daughters once their old enough and want babies, to have a good idea of what must be done.  It's good or bad training, not instinct.  <br>Plus women's role is designed by some underneathed rules and laws. Look how gay and lesbian people have to front that.<br>Saying it's instinct is also an old fashion of thinking about woman. <br><br>I also like you Mental, I don't mean to insult you guys !   I just try to point out that we still think about the world into some old fashions moral patterns.  it's so old we don't recognise them as being prejudices. This will require a ethnological explainations to enter this topic. "How our society think about women."<br><br>I hope I just opened a new way to talk about it, no offense is meant, love you all  :-*<br><br>ps: I personnally would be a kind of disaster. i'm so disorganised, my priorities are not those awaited by "serious"people. well I may be wrong: some said I have a good peaceful authority as a teacher or educator....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:00 pm 

You came up with some really good points, milimalimalou.<br><br>POWER is a big thing, you're right. But what if all the POWER were in the hands of the women all over the world ? It's never been done so far. I tend to think it would make a difference but, like you said, maybe I"m just an old-fashioned guy. I tend to make my opinions from what I see. I don't see too many war-like ladies around me. And in all these years spent in playing or listening music in bars, only one time did I see a fight between two women (beware of the nails). And are women as competitive as men ? Would they go to extremes for POWER (cheat, hurt, kill, ...) like men do.<br><br>And don't be frightened, you didn't offense me. This topic is up to any kind of opinions. Your is worthy. Mainly cause you're a woman and you know what you're talking of, at least from your side of view (not all women are alike).<br><br> ;D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:29 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=30#36 date=06/08/03 at 18:00:23]You came up with some really good points, milimalimalou.[/quote]<br>thanx<br>
Quote:
<br>....But what if all the POWER were in the hands of the women all over the world ? It's never been done so far.
<br>I think it wouldn't be more peaceful. Question of personnalities, not gender. Some men are peaceful but the we only see the ugly jerks because their loud and confident.<br><br>
Quote:
I tend to think it would make a difference but, like you said, maybe I"m just an old-fashioned guy. I tend to make my opinions from what I see. I don't see too many war-like ladies around me. And in all these years spent in playing or listening music in bars, only one time did I see a fight between two women (beware of the nails).
<br><br>I wrote
Quote:
A lot of women don't even have to play this game. A common lady in the street would rather think that power is in someone else's game. She's not close to have it anyway, she doesn't have to protect it. That makes a lot of women more peaceful than men.  Now, you can have some power struggles  at every level of the  society...
<br>there's some agressive woman everywhere but it's not common because we try to stick to this idea of feminity. I personnally had sometimes some good reason to enter fights but never really did because I was certain that I wouldn't be able to. Moving has a girl doesn't train you to throw your fist in a jerk's face. I'm a clear sample of  the idea that "women don't fight, I'm a woman, so I don't fight." Now, that's me, and I know that some women are able to do it when it has to be done ; some even enjoy it, just for the fun of it. What I mean is that women agressivity is not culturally common and well accepted but naturally natural.<br><br>
Quote:
<br>And are women as competitive as men ? Would they go to extremes for POWER (cheat, hurt, kill, ...) like men do.
<br>I would say YES. They are able to reach fight, cheat, hurt, kill....when the goal is important, sometimes crazily important, passionately important etc...<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:48 pm 
[quote author=bcarney link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#18 date=06/07/03 at 16:35:34]   Barbara might/probably will ask but Hillary will not give a definite answer now...<br>  I personally have no problem with a woman in the White House,,,just not Hillary Clinton...<br>bcarney...8)[/quote]<br>  I guess I really called this one wrong...<br><br>WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (news - web sites), whose White House memoir is published this week, on Sunday ruled out making her own presidential bid in 2008. <br> <br>   <br><br>The first-term senator, one of the most polarizing figures in U.S. politics, told Time magazine and ABC News in separate interviews that she did not plan to run for the country's top job in 2008. <br><br><br>"I don't have any intentions or plans of running," Clinton said, according to a transcript of the ABC interview. <br><br><br>She said she was flattered by speculation that she might throw her hat in the ring and hoped it would encourage women to aim for the Oval Office, to which her husband Bill Clinton (news - web sites) was elected in 1992. <br><br><br>A flurry of publicity has heralded the Monday release of her book "Living History" which has revived memories of the Monica Lewinsky scandal and focused attention on the senator's political future. <br><br><br>Clinton has already ruled out a 2004 White House bid. Nine other Democrats are gearing up to run against the incumbent George W. Bush. <br><br><br>She told Time she was "having a good time" being a senator and was looking forward to a re-election campaign in 2006. <br><br><br>Her book reveals the former president lied to her about his affair with Lewinsky, a White House intern, for seven months, finally coming clean days before he was to testify to a grand jury. <br><br><br>"As a wife, I wanted to wring Bill's neck," she wrote, also detailing how she and her husband subsequently slept in separate beds.  <br> <br> <br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:13 am 

I don't know about voting for Hillary, but I would vote for a woman for Office, fer sure!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:03 am 

Some women have ruled some parts of the world:<br><br>Indira Ghandi - India<br>Maggy "Iron Pants" Thatcher - Great Britain<br>Eva Peron - Argentina<br>Golda Meier - Israel<br><br>Anyone else?<br><br>And what do their "report cards" look like? <br><br>Remember that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. <br><br>And as for the "Mighty Minerva got up today, felt icky and pushed THE BUTTON" argument ---- Please stop it!  :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:08 am 

Women Ruling the WORLD?<br><br>Can anyone say "THE PERIOD CRAMP WARS?"<br><br>We're ALL gonna die.     :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:30 pm 

[quote author=Lets_Be_Fraynk link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=30#42 date=06/09/03 at 13:08:39]Women Ruling the WORLD?<br><br>Can anyone say "THE PERIOD CRAMP WARS?"<br><br>We're ALL gonna die.     :P[/quote]<br><br>I have a solution to the "cramp" fear issue and it doesn't involve only electing post-menopausal women.<br><br>Elect only Mothers...and only good ones, at that.  I haven't had a menstrual cramp since I got pregnant (November 2000)...and I used to be floored by my cramps every month!  (I know you needed to know that -- eh?  ;) )<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 am 
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:43 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 am 

She must work at the whitehouse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:56 am 

The "tires for her" is actually happening. There's no reason whatsoever why women's razor blades should even be different from men's razor blades - but with the extra pink packaging, they cost much much more. Clever girls know this already and just use Gilette. For Men.

Recently joined a bassist forum to ask for help for my fretless project and was shocked at the sexism I saw there - good thing I haven't put my gender info there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:47 am 

I've used those pink razors before, and they actually seem better than my average Good News Pivot Plus. Are you complaining that they are pink?

Who says women don't rule the world anyway? Men are just "in charge". Women should rightly just stay away from that shit, and control the men.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 pm 

I've used the wifes when mine are stuffed, and 'I like it a lot'.
But why have some of them got like 5 blades? Its not like womens legs are as hairy as blokes faces.
TT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 pm 

There's no physical reason why women would need different razors. Black shampoo "for men" is the same thing. The way razors have been marketed over the ages is as oh so very masculine - so they invent a "woman's razor" that's the same thing, except more expensive. The problem is not just that the separate color for women has become pink; it's also that they're more expensive while not producing better quality.

I suppose the 5 blades thing is just to make it look better...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:21 pm 

If women ruled the world we'd all be eating a lot more pussy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next