Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZING IT!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:15 pm 

I've been smoking the shit for more than forty years now and it has done very little for my credibility. It's definitely a bad habit but it is also a pleasurable habit. It keeps you regular so it's real good for ya that way. It can spark creativity but also make you too lazy or distracted to do anything with it. It's almost a necessity for sex. It's definitely a brain-changer, and even though I did it as a kid I don't think kids should do it and the science is proving that.

I could probably quit, but I don't like the consequences. I get depressed and cranky, and find it hard to sleep. I have the nuttiest fucking dreams. I'm constipated within a week. I talk too much and tend to write controversial diatribes. Lady Cathead here prefers me stoned, and I prefer to comply. I've spent a lot of money on it and I wish I had it back, but I'd probably just buy more weed.

The doctor always asks if I smoke, and I always say no and he never questions it but he has to know, doesn't he? Just by examining? No problem with deep breaths but running a mile is out of the question. I'm hoping it is keeping back any cancer within me, as it has been rumored to do.

Would I start again if I could do it over? I'm not sure. I like who I am okay, but I would definitely be someone different if I had never smoked.

As for acid...there are two kinds of people in the world, those that have done it and those that haven't. It's been a couple of decades, but I'd do it again if I could clear my schedule for a couple of weeks...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:05 pm 

Most of us are about the same, we all do it in moderation for recreational or medicinal use and have been around long enough to know it ain't the "devils weed" it's been vilified to be.
The Reefer Madness propaganda 1st started in the early 1900's as more Mexican/S. American immigrants moved north. Big biz corps wanted the cheap labor but not the integration. So they made cartoons and drawings of a pictured lazy fat mexican with bandoleros across the chest, gold tooth shining and smoking Maryjeewanna saying, "You like senior? The 1st hits free!". Then visas were denied and not renewed because we didn't want those kinda people in our kinda' country. The masses believed what they read about these greasers coming over the border for your daughters with big doobies to make them Freak Out! So our wise congress made it illegal and put it in the same category as heroin is. No one referred to or thought of it as a drug until the Beats and Hippies made it popular again and that was because it was categorized years before as a drug. It's less harmful than caffeine can be when overused. Red-bull might give ya wings, but pot will give you a navigator too.
It's the new aspirin, dig it! :wink: :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 am 

^Party On Kiiirk!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:47 am 

This may have been posted before. I did not check back through the thread. My apologies if it was. Bitch is crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcPEKaxJzg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:06 pm 

^ :mrgreen: ^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:50 am 

Pot Quiz
https://youtu.be/g3XTIYh6WAk

Gotta love that Willie Nelson.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:10 pm 

It's more indicative of a fault in the education system, and the accepted hip paradigm that makes it uncool to actually learn something in school.

The science is supposedly showing that adolescent and teen use is harmful to the brain. I've been smoking since I was twelve, but I could answer all of those questions of course. Most of the people in the video were young. Maybe they are brain damaged, but I suspect some drinking was going on as well, and probably some collusion with the producer to get them to ham up the stupidity.

Drug use cannot be presented in a favorable light on television. It's a law or something, so we get this sort of stereotyping hit piece all the time, with potsmokers portrayed as stupid...and I don't for one second think anyone in that video was stupid. They are just not educated and have no interest in being educated...very frightening, actually and not that funny, least not to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:40 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
It's more indicative of a fault in the education system, and the accepted hip paradigm that makes it uncool to actually learn something in school.

The science is supposedly showing that adolescent and teen use is harmful to the brain. I've been smoking since I was twelve, but I could answer all of those questions of course. Most of the people in the video were young. Maybe they are brain damaged, but I suspect some drinking was going on as well, and probably some collusion with the producer to get them to ham up the stupidity.

Drug use cannot be presented in a favorable light on television. It's a law or something, so we get this sort of stereotyping hit piece all the time, with potsmokers portrayed as stupid...and I don't for one second think anyone in that video was stupid. They are just not educated and have no interest in being educated...very frightening, actually and not that funny, least not to me.

+1 ...and it's in Austin, Texas, the state that wants to run the country their way or no way at all. Friggin', riggin' and drillin', Oilmen. Every damn time one of those billionaire "fracking's good for the Earth" opens they're mouth another state or country is depleted of any natural resources it might have. Then they run and wrap themselves in the flag. No wonder they're so good at acting like flag waving patriots. They've lived under 6 flags! Texas cuts health, education and welfare before military spending every damn time. Give Texas back to Mexico, Spain or France. If you gave them independence they'd build a wall around themselves and start bombing the US! imho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:28 pm 

Now that would be funny.

imho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:25 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Now that would be funny.

:wink: :mrgreen:

A rope leash wrote:
imho

Of course and mine too. Free Speech & everyone thats in there with him. :wink: :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm 

I admit there are some downsides to it, but I am damn glad for my 40+ years of smoking' reefer. I have appreciated music, food and sex more because of it and, as far as vices go, it is pretty harmless if you have enough ambition to do good work in the world.

I agree with rope that it is not good for kids (14 is when I started, am 61 now). Smoking is not healthy (vaping is better, but I can't afford the volcano).

I LOVED doing acid, but I ain't sure that my older, more delicate psyche, could or would want to take the strain.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:31 pm 

I guess we are all the same. I started at 13 and am 48 now. I also agree that kids shouldn't do it, and here's the reason. Most of the daily smokers I know started as a teen, which is not a bad thing if you are productive. But making it an everyday ritual is a lifelong financial commitment. I'm proud of my son for making it 16 years without even wanting to try it.

I've also had to put my Volcano on hold to get my son an iPad for his birthday. Goddamn, I've got my fucking priorities backwards. Must be all the weed. :wink:

I also LOVED doing acid tweezers. It's been awhile, but I think my psyche could still handle it. I just don't know that I would trust anything going around now?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:17 pm 

tweezers wrote:

I LOVED doing acid
Philostopher wrote:
I also LOVED doing acid

+1, until I found Peyote Buttons, Shrooms and Mescaline. (or PBS & M :twisted:)
I drop a good 350MG or so hit once every decade to make sure all's still right in space. :wink: 8) :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 am 

Philostopher wrote:
I guess we are all the same. I started at 13 and am 48 now. I also agree that kids shouldn't do it, and here's the reason. Most of the daily smokers I know started as a teen, which is not a bad thing if you are productive. But making it an everyday ritual is a lifelong financial commitment. I'm proud of my son for making it 16 years without even wanting to try it.

I've also had to put my Volcano on hold to get my son an iPad for his birthday. Goddamn, I've got my fucking priorities backwards. Must be all the weed. :wink:

I also LOVED doing acid tweezers. It's been awhile, but I think my psyche could still handle it. I just don't know that I would trust anything going around now?

We're not all the same. I started smoking pot regularly when I was about 17 but pretty much stopped by the time I was 25. I liked it at first but after awhile I realized I didn't like the way it made me feel (paranoia). It took me awhile to quit because I was still succumbing to peer pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:09 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:21 am 

^ Good point Trip. But I say, "sez who?" I gotta guy on fb thats stating it's in you six months later and he don't wanna work next to someone under the influence. They can detect what's in you through a hair test as to the what's in you the longest. Not whether its active or not. If you don't have the right minerals in your body through your diet, it could obscure the hair follicle test anyway. It's for info and help in diagnosis. Not an indictment of use or abuse and certainly not determining if any drug is "active" at any time.
His (fb) logic is that based on his personal experience and will accept no substitutes. He showed us pics of his dismembered foot and I'm guessing he's into AA as a newbie, same with fb, and is trying to become the new Mark Twain of Calaveras County witty antidote provider on fb, but comes off as a Bret Harte sentimentalist, with neo nazi BS syndrome thrown in to. But he does have some funny anecdotes
Then he said if I was ready for a rough ride, I wouldn't unfriend him. ...then he began at the beginning. Genesis, not talkin' 'bout the band now brother & sisters.
Christ ya know it ain't easy, you don't know how hard it can be, religion in politics is seeping into every part of our reality. Ever since RR's mommy let them in. I just say NO. Stop religion in politics and lets get back on course, The GOP brought it in, let the Dems and We the People carry it back out!
I'm not a liberal. I'm a radical pacifist and it's soooo frustrating that I have to cut through a santa's belief in fairy tales like christains, muslims and jews chew over everyday, trying to make that square peg fit in the ol' round hole of science + common sense.
I believe in California life. As long as you don't tread on me....mi casa, tu casa! Je suis Charlie! and all the farthest left wing shit short of violence ya can think of, come on over, under, sideways, down. We love ya!

Pssstt, "Maid", senior/hey dude you need to check out of the Hotel CA> back to Winslow or Williams Montana

Just practicing for fb guy, but I still can't hold a candle to the "religions & faith" argument crap, like Caputh can. I don't understand blind faith or superstitions based on things that no one understands, but the chosen few. And they pretend it's a secret to the hierarchy and not for the masses. Like EST/Scientology/Rolfing. It reminds me of EST and that cult crap of the '70's. Thats how I gage how our state is doing. By all the seekers that come a seekin' to SF, Berkeley and LA. If they stay and try and "change" us, it's bad for our economy, if they visit and leave, it's great for our economy. CA has always had the best weather and welfare benefits too. It's a mecca, like SD is. :roll: We had to do everything we could after an attack of hippies, beats and punk runaway's coming here. Now we have free clinics, some privately funded and never really depended upon the feds government and taxes to foot any of California's bill. Even all the GSLTB folks that came from SD that cum here.< get it? We welcome the sick tired and poorly treated back home. Kids young adults from WY, N & SD, the midwest's little towns that didn't like that one guy or girrrl. They came here and are fine now. But they could never go home and why would they? It's beautiful everywhere in it's own way. Too bad the people there can't see it in others or CA. might not be so crowded and expensive for us locals. Because history shows us that if you help someone, they will help someone else. It happens all the time around here. History keeps repeating itself.
I have leased property in Mexico that I used to go to yearly. I need to get back and enjoy the poor life, a surfboard, a lady and a palapa with a good book a clean creek and an ocean view of the bay to San Blas' thats hard to beat, taboot!

Truth! Legalize it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:38 am 

KUIII wrote:
We're not all the same. I started smoking pot regularly when I was about 17 but pretty much stopped by the time I was 25. I liked it at first but after awhile I realized I didn't like the way it made me feel (paranoia). It took me awhile to quit because I was still succumbing to peer pressure.

I just smoked it when I wanted to. Not everyday, I had school. I don't think I made a habit of it, even casual, ever. As I grew and started college, Manzanita 101 was a unofficial class I still go back for refreshers on, but I didn't like the feel, call it paranoia that KUIII's talkin' about until I drank more than I smoked.. If you drink a six pack and smoke a doobie, it's like you drank a 12 pack or more and you get the whirlies. Smoke pot before you drink and you'll drink a lot less and not get those darn whirlies. :wink: :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:40 am 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
I don't understand blind faith or superstitions based on things that no one understands, but the chosen few.

this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:44 am 

I mistrust blind faith also, but I have had rewarding experiences volunteering for nonprofits with very religious folks who practice and live the "do unto others" ethos.

Have had bouts of paranoia, but when I smoke noe, I make sure that I am in a safe place (like at home) where I am not likely to be bothered.

We are all the same, because we love Zappa music and we live in an age of experimentation. How that experimentation affects any individual is bound to be different.

I KNOW Kapt and I are very much alike, but of course we would have some differences of opinion, and that's a good thing 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:43 am 

Philostopher wrote:
I guess we are all the same.

KUIII wrote:
We're not all the same.

Ok. I should have phrased that differently. My apologies. I meant those of us who have made that lifelong commitment, and I'm sure a few of those may not have started as teens. I applaud you for your decision to quit. If I had quit at the age you did, I would have a nice little nest egg right now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:51 am 

Trip wrote:

This is what I use to take care of that. My company doesn't do hair tests. Too expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:56 am 

Do you have to carry it all the time or do you know when it's test time?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:06 am 

^^^I keep it in the bag I carry my street clothes in all the time. I am fortunate to work with supervisors who realize their jobs would be really shitty if the handful of potheads were gone. We are the best workers they have, and the only ones who show up everyday. They tip us off when there will be a random, even though they aren't privy to the names pulled. You just come to work with it preheated. It can be heated again if you don't use it that day. I buy a fresh bottle every year when my tax refund comes in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:36 am 

Philostopher wrote:
^^^I keep it in the bag I carry my street clothes in all the time. I am fortunate to work with supervisors who realize their jobs would be really shitty if the handful of potheads were gone. We are the best workers they have, and the only ones who show up everyday. They tip us off when there will be a random, even though they aren't privy to the names pulled. You just come to work with it preheated. It can be heated again if you don't use it that day. I buy a fresh bottle every year when my tax refund comes in.

I used to have a long haul trucker as a roommate and he had that fetish* piss too. It just has to be as warm as you are. He'd put it in his armpit for awhile and it warms to 98.6 right quick.

*you can buy it in the headshops/sex shops as a "fetish" item legally here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next