Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My Summer Vacation
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:35 am 

Well people, It's time to say so long. Two weeks vacation awaits me. I'll go back to my summer place in Ardèche for some rest and relaxation. No TV, No Computer. Just some good music and good friends and lots of eats....I'll be sure to have a glass of Rosé or TEN for you all.

Have a nice vacation everyone see you later. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:54 am 

I'm going to Tenerife in the Canary islands tonite for a week, so it's good bye from me too. Have a great time Acadian and anyone else who's going away. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:16 am 

Jeez!!! it's alright for some.
My next holiday is in September, Cyprus maybe..dunno yet.
Anyway Fido and Acadician have a great time!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:54 am 

I'm currently spending my summer holidays doing newspaper rounds, but I'm contemplating on going to France once I'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:11 am 

Hope y'all have a great time, relaxing and having fun. Take good care and come home safely wontcha. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:05 am 

I just got off a weeks vacation didn't do much to hot, did get some riding in on the Harley. I did smoke a lot of marijuana the first three days, then cleaned myself up the last four to get back to work. Damn piss test.

I have another week off in 3 weeks going out to Sante Fe, New Mexico visit my sister and see the new house she just had built. Mabey catch a flight to Oakland, Ca see my grandson and I found out I'll be a grandpa again in November, I hope it's a girl. As long as the baby is healthy who cares.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:08 am 

ZardozII wrote:
I just got off a weeks vacation didn't do much to hot, did get some riding in on the Harley. I did smoke a lot of marijuana the first three days, then cleaned myself up the last four to get back to work. Damn piss test.

I have another week off in 3 weeks going out to Sante Fe, New Mexico visit my sister and see the new house she just had built. Mabey catch a flight to Oakland, Ca see my grandson and I found out I'll be a grandpa again in November, I hope it's a girl. As long as the baby is healthy who cares.

8)

Hey congrats Gramps!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:15 am 

BBP wrote:
I'm currently spending my summer holidays doing newspaper rounds, but I'm contemplating on going to France once I'm done.

Where ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:17 am 

aquabot wrote:

Where ?

Don't know yet, thinking of Normandie or Bretagne 'cos I haven't been there yet. Or Paris. I've been to Paris twice, and have never seen the Louvre or Musée d'Orsay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:21 am 

BBP wrote:
aquabot wrote:

Where ?

Don't know yet, thinking of Normandie or Bretagne 'cos I haven't been there yet. Or Paris. I've been to Paris twice, and have never seen the Louvre or Musée d'Orsay.

good choice,

Normandie/bretagne= beautiful part of the country
Paris: there's always something interesting happening there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:23 am 

MICRODOT wrote:
ZardozII wrote:

8)

Thank's Micro, some people hate the fact about becoming a grandparent or even getting older. Me, I'm just happy I made it this far seeing my younger days were right wild. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:43 am 

ZardozII wrote:
MICRODOT wrote:
ZardozII wrote:

8)

Thank's Micro, some people hate the fact about becoming a grandparent or even getting older. Me, I'm just happy I made it this far seeing my younger days were right wild. 8)

Grandad Zardoz..sounds cool to me!!
I'm about the same age as you, but I've got to admit i'm looking forward to when it happens. Please dont think I'm wishing my kids will rush into having kids of their own, cos I dont,(I want them to have lots of life experience first) but I think it will good when it happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:54 am 

aquabot wrote:
BBP wrote:
aquabot wrote:

Where ?

good choice,

Normandie/bretagne= beautiful part of the country
Paris: there's always something interesting happening there.
went on holiday in Perpignan down the south off france a real nice place.drove from calais it was worth it.expensive part off town it is tho.

Post subject: Vacation
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:05 am 

Have fun you all! Your vacations sound mah-velous!

I went to Spain and England (to see ZPZ) earlier in the year so no real vacation for me for awhile. I AM going to LA to see Barca play Chivas on August 6th. Both my boys live there and will be going ! So a little chance to see them too.

PS I wouldn't mind being a g-ma but I don't think that is in the offing anytime soon! One never knows though.

Hasta Luego!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 am 

Not summer here right now and [real] vacation is something I haven't had in a long time, although I am never bored...

Enjoy your sunny ultra-high greenhouse effect temperature vacations everywhere!

Last edited by Mr_Green_Genes on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:24 am 

cleon wrote:
went on holiday in Perpignan down the south off france a real nice place.drove from calais it was worth it.expensive part off town it is tho.

Yeah Perpignan's a nice place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:08 pm 

ZardozII wrote:

8)

Great news Zardoz, hope all is well with momma-to-be. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:49 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
ZardozII wrote:

8)

Thank's Aspy and Micro. I got a call from Cindy last night, whoop's she counted days wrong I'll be a grandpa in september, and hooray it's a girl. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:52 am 

ZardozII wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
ZardozII wrote:

8)

Thank's Aspy and Micro. I got a call from Cindy last night, whoop's she counted days wrong I'll be a grandpa in september, and hooray it's a girl. 8)

Does that make her a Zardette!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:09 am 

MICRODOT wrote:
ZardozII wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
ZardozII wrote:

8)

Does that make her a Zardette!! :D

Or mabey a Zarina!!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:39 am 

Hi, just back this morning from Tenerife after my flight to Glasgow Prestwick Airport was cancelled :evil: (maybe something to do with American aircraft refuelling to go to Isreal) :?
Anyway, had a great time. Weather was great, Food was good, especially the Japanese restaurant.
Went for a swim in the sea and thought i was going to drown, as the tide wouldn't let me back ashore :shock: but i made it and played it pretty cool as some Spanish chicks were watching. :mrgreen:
Now i'm looking forward to going to the Florida keys next April for 3 weeks, staying in Key Largo, do some scuba diving and swim with Dolphins up to Miami, Key west and stuff.
Next time i go in the ocean i'll have some oxygen with me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:18 pm 

Fido3 wrote:
Went for a swim in the sea and thought i was going to drown, as the tide wouldn't let me back ashore :shock: but i made it and played it pretty cool as some Spanish chicks were watching. :mrgreen:

You were caught in a rip current.

Next time this happens, here's what you do: swim parallel to the beach until you don't feel like you're being pushed out to sea anymore. At this point you're out of the rip current, and you can swim back to shore.

Or you could just flail your arms and hope one of the Spanish chicks is a certified lifeguard. You'll probably die, but then again you might get lucky... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:55 pm 

Fido3 wrote:
Hi, just back this morning from Tenerife after my flight to Glasgow Prestwick Airport was cancelled :evil: (maybe something to do with American aircraft refuelling to go to Isreal) :?
Anyway, had a great time. Weather was great, Food was good, especially the Japanese restaurant.
Now i'm looking forward to going to the Florida keys next April for 3 weeks, staying in Key Largo, do some scuba diving and swim with Dolphins up to Miami, Key west and stuff.
Next time i go in the ocean i'll have some oxygen with me. :lol:

Close call eh fido! Glad you had a great time, otherwise though and glad you didnt get carried off with the current, and you came home safely! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:51 pm 

Well, my summer vacation is almost over. I did a lot of sitting on my ass. I did go to Walmart once. And I helped my in-laws move some stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:51 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
You were caught in a rip current.

Next time this happens, here's what you do: swim parallel to the beach until you don't feel like you're being pushed out to sea anymore. At this point you're out of the rip current, and you can swim back to shore.

That's what i did, MTF and swam with the next big wave that came along.
8)
Took a mouthful of sea water for my efforts, egh.

In the bottom left of this pic was where i was.

Last edited by Fido3 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.