Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35789
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Dude I'm not shaming anyone, just stating the facts once that naturally occurring C02 gets out of the ice in large enough quantities we are cooked due to the man made C02, i.e. run away ice melt,...it is what it is right now, you have to drive a car, take a plane, a train...that doesn't mean these technologies don't need to change because we are using what we have...dam Pedro really, that just isn't even an argument it's nonsense...I don't claim to be an expert but i would assume we have time to correct this if we get with the program... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8855
Location: The Thumb
Image

Think I'll just drive or teleport.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5531
Location: Vancouver, BC
#15...

IPCC Official Admits Global Warming Is A Lie To Redistribute Wealth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoRvly02Bo

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5396
Disco Boy wrote:
#15...

IPCC Official Admits Global Warming Is A Lie To Redistribute Wealth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoRvly02Bo


Here's the summary for those fans of DB's videos who might be too busy to watch this one:
Global Warming gets a bad rap. The globe is chilly. Don't you like to put on a nice warm shirt when you feel a little cold? Global Warming wants to heat things up. Who am I to object? Global Warming once went to Hollywood to get warm. Global Warming once made a video with the father of Tipper Gore's children. If Global Warming came to my house shivering I would give Global Warming a blanket. I'd offer the guest room. If the guest room was in use then Global Warming could sleep by the fire or out in the yard in a heavily insulated sleeping bag. I would cook Global Warming breakfast and make hot coffee.


more listening suggestions:
We're Only In It For The Global Warming
Global Warming's Garage
Global Warming Hum
Black Global Warming
Global Warming In Easter Hay
You Can't Do Global Warming On Stage Anymore
RDNZGLOBALWARMING


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 3080
Location: SLS
Plook wrote:
pedro1 wrote:
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Dude I'm not shaming anyone, just stating the facts once that naturally occurring C02 gets out of the ice in large enough quantities we are cooked due to the man made C02, i.e. run away ice melt,...it is what it is right now, you have to drive a car, take a plane, a train...that doesn't mean these technologies don't need to change because we are using what we have...dam Pedro really, that just isn't even an argument it's nonsense...I don't claim to be an expert but i would assume we have time to correct this if we get with the program... :idea:


A study just came out yesterday which states that global emissions have gone up about 3.5 % thanks to China and coal burning.
I can keep my grass cut to look like it's manicured but if my neighbor never cuts his , the neighborhood can start looking like a ghetto.
That isn't to say I shouldn't cut my grass anymore but it does question how much good it does in the long run.
:|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35789
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
Plook wrote:
pedro1 wrote:
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Dude I'm not shaming anyone, just stating the facts once that naturally occurring C02 gets out of the ice in large enough quantities we are cooked due to the man made C02, i.e. run away ice melt,...it is what it is right now, you have to drive a car, take a plane, a train...that doesn't mean these technologies don't need to change because we are using what we have...dam Pedro really, that just isn't even an argument it's nonsense...I don't claim to be an expert but i would assume we have time to correct this if we get with the program... :idea:


A study just came out yesterday which states that global emissions have gone up about 3.5 % thanks to China and coal burning.
I can keep my grass cut to look like it's manicured but if my neighbor never cuts his , the neighborhood can start looking like a ghetto.
That isn't to say I shouldn't cut my grass anymore but it does question how much good it does in the long run.
:|



I definitely agree, the big hitters have to get in line, I read somewhere China has started to work on theirs due to incredible pollution (like fog) in major cities, but I am sure that is a slow moving boat... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7763
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
pedro1 wrote:

A study just came out yesterday which states that global emissions have gone up about 3.5 % thanks to China and coal burning.
I can keep my grass cut to look like it's manicured but if my neighbor never cuts his , the neighborhood can start looking like a ghetto.
That isn't to say I shouldn't cut my grass anymore but it does question how much good it does in the long run.
:|



Plook wrote:
I definitely agree, the big hitters have to get in line, I read somewhere China has started to work on theirs due to incredible pollution (like fog) in major cities, but I am sure that is a slow moving boat... :idea:


I have actually read that Xi has announced that they intend to take "a driving seat in international cooperation to respond to climate change”, (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 847270001/) though in how far this is propaganda or an attempt to increase the wedge between the US and those countries that keep to the Paris agreement is a moot point.

I can understand pedro's perspective. I suppose the Chinese might answer that "you've already had your industrial revolution, why can't we have ours?"

Actually, the more I've read about this topic, the more I come to the depressing conclusion that it's probably too late. That doesn't, however, mean that we should give up - particularly as the big companies e.g. in the fossil fuel industry have been taking us for a ride for over a century.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6922
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Caputh wrote:
I suppose the Chinese might answer that "you've already had your industrial revolution, why can't we have ours?"
That is very much along the lines of what India's leaders were saying at one of the Paris meetings and Al Gore ended up convincing them otherwise. It does look like, sooner rather than later, the US will end up being the only major nation not doing the right thing, which is pretty ironic given what Al Gore has managed to achieve. If you look into it further though, there are some pretty positive things occurring in the US even from some very conservative quarters in spite of Trump's lunacy.

Australia is under the sway of conservatives at the moment and doing its level best to deny climate change as well. Monkey see, monkey do I guess. But even here there are more and more towns creating their own independent solar and wind farms as well as a steadily increasing number of households installing solar panels. We had a 6.7 kWh system installed on our house more than five years ago.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5531
Location: Vancouver, BC
#16...

CLIMATE HYSTERIA - Judith Curry on Climategate, Concensus and Bullying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObmapEm2a4

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35789
Location: Somewhere in time
A friend of mine who isn't particularly liberal or a big Climate change guy was working in Alaska in 2016 and he had to stay for weeks, so he would do stuff on the weekend fishing, visiting parks, whatever...he took a tour of some ancient glaciers and he said it scared the shit out of him due to how much had melted in the last 30 years...he said they had pictures from the 70's and 80's and that the amount of melt off brought it home, he said you don't need to be a scientist to see there is a credible threat to the planet as we know it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 3080
Location: SLS
Whatever you do , don't tell him about the deserts that used to be forests millions of years ago.
:wink: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7898
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Watching the "alternative fact" folks deny global warming is caused by human activity is also entertaining.

Here's what the real scientists have to say...

https://climate.nasa.gov/


WAcko Pedro and Asshole Boy are like those nutty "Flat Earthers", "9-11 truthers" and all the other wacky conspiracy theorist nutjobs all wrapped into one. Not suprising, because they've fallen for the Russian propaganda and support a party that's about to knowingly elect a pedophile to the senate in order to save their seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35789
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
Whatever you do , don't tell him about the deserts that used to be forests millions of years ago.
:wink: :wink:



Answer Continental drift, parts of the ocean were dry land and parts of dry land were oceans, come on Pedro I learned that in 8th grade... :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 3080
Location: SLS
6 deserts were forests at one time.
Plate shift was just one reason.

Learned that back in the late 60's when we were being told we were going into an ice age.

:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35789
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
6 deserts were forests at one time.
Plate shift was just one reason.

Learned that back in the late 60's when we were being told we were going into an ice age.

:mrgreen:



your getting close a several hundreds of million years ago the planet was hotter not because of the sun but due to the atmosphere and the C02 gases from volcanoes, as the activity decline and more rain and snow occurred the C02 became trapped in the ice through natural processes, while ice ages came and went and continents moved we have been in a extremely stable environment 1.5 million years except for the occasional super volcano, comet strike, of large meteor strike...what is happening now is completely different and unique...before you say it they know from the ice cores, those are the finger prints of climate... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 3080
Location: SLS
Partially right Plook.

Take a look at another ' climate change '. >>

A timeline of Sahara occupation [See Map]:

22,000 to 10,500 years ago: The Sahara was devoid of any human occupation outside the Nile Valley and extended 250 miles further south than it does today.
10,500 to 9,000 years ago: Monsoon rains begin sweeping into the Sahara, transforming the region into a habitable area swiftly settled by Nile Valley dwellers.
9,000 to 7,300 years ago: Continued rains, vegetation growth, and animal migrations lead to well established human settlements, including the introduction of domesticated livestock such as sheep and goats.
7,300 to 5,500 years ago: Retreating monsoonal rains initiate desiccation in the Egyptian Sahara, prompting humans to move to remaining habitable niches in Sudanese Sahara. The end of the rains and return of desert conditions throughout the Sahara after 5,500 coincides with population return to the Nile Valley and the beginning of pharaonic society.

https://www.livescience.com/4180-sahara ... lated.html


While I see the inclusion of humans in the above info , I don't see coal burning or automobile emissions.
Nobody with half a brain denies climate change , If the climate didn't change , we probably wouldn't be here to discuss it.
The big question is whether human actions have more of an impact than natural occurring events.
Are humans the MAIN cause of climate change ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6459
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Just for fun I googled "Scientist report on global warming".
18,400,000 web sites.
I guess I could find as much claiming it's a hoax...

Bottom line... I prefer to believe scientists who have nothing to gain doing so.
Once again, the battle between truth and lies.
Some prefer lies...
:P

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:45 pm
Posts: 6459
Location: Québec country (let me dream...)
Oh, I found a good one
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/1/15726472/trump-tweets-global-warming-paris-climate-agreement
:smoke:

And another
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/health/scientists-warn-humanity/index.html

_________________
No doubt, we're doomed ! For a real diplomacy: abolish Electoral College
Ignore list: DiscoBoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:19 am
Posts: 6841
Location: Eastern CT coast
shhh, we don't want this on tv, you know, the sponsors an' all....

Image


Image

Livestock and Climate Change
author:
Robert Goodland and Jeff Anhang
State of the World
Buy State of the World 2011:
Innovations that Nourish the Planet.

Livestock and Climate Change: What if the key actors in climate change are...cows, pigs, and chickens?

The environmental impact of the lifecycle and supply chain of animals raised for food has been vastly underestimated, and in fact accounts for at least half of all human-caused greenhouse gases (GHGs), according to Robert Goodland and Jeff Anhang, co-authors of "Livestock and Climate Change".

A widely cited 2006 report by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, Livestock's Long Shadow, estimates that 18 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions are attributable to cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats, camels, pigs, and poultry. But recent analysis by Goodland and Anhang finds that livestock and their byproducts actually account for at least 32.6 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year, or 51 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions.

____________________________

So I think all transportation, cars, trucks trains, planes combined is around 18%, and raising animals for slaughter is 51%...isn't it amazing the things tv keeps us from finding out about.

Lol, that's hidden like HR676 gets hidden in the fake "health care battle" on tv.

_________________
My baby does the hanky panky.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5531
Location: Vancouver, BC
#17:

Al Gore: I Was Wrong About Global Warming... | Learn About It
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cxdzm2fnA4&t=6s

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7189
Location: Over there! (last)
Jack Ohman
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7189
Location: Over there! (last)
Tom Curry
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5396
!!! Coming Very Soon!!!

Trump, FZ, Pedro, Mij, Discoboy, Spacebrother, Mr Nice, Eddie and Caputh in
"HOLOGRAM DUTY"


***special preview***

Trump: My job is to look after the reference beam only. ONLY.

Discoboy (dabbing at doughnut jelly that has leaked down the front of his Vince pale yellow cashmere sweater): Right. Trump's job is to look after the reference beam only. ONLY. And Pedro and I ONLY need to worry about the object beam. FACT!

Pedro (untucking his Ted Nugent t-shirt): Exactly. And Mr Quebec over here (nods at Mij) is in charge of the plate and he better not fuck it up!

Mij (tucking in his Bon Jovi tshirt): Yeah yeah yeah. You are uneducated and stupid so don't worry about me.

Pedro: Oh, I'm stupid? I had to explain to you how atoms make light.

Mij: They do?


****
Wake the kids! Call the neighbors! Hologram Duty is sure to make you wonder!


available soon on the "Trump, Fz, etc" thread


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7189
Location: Over there! (last)
Phil Hands
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7189
Location: Over there! (last)
Luojie
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Gray_Ghost and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group