Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6643
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Why are people still wasting their time on this fuckwit?

DB wrote:
Oh and btw, last winter, Vancouver got hit by the hardest snowfall we've had in nearly a DECADE, and we just got hit with snow earlier this morning, even though it's only early November - which I don't believe has ever happened in my lifetime. And over the past 4-5 years, we've also had some of the coldest winters in DECADES. It must be global warming!!! ROTF!!!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... her-winter

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4811
Yet there is no avoiding time...the years of promise, gone and unrecoverable, of the land almost allowed to claim its better destiny, only to have the claim jumped by evildoers known all too well, and taken instead and held hostage to the future we all must live in now forever.

-Thomas Pynchon. From the book Inherent Vice (2009)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:35 am
Posts: 902
I don't believe the concept of global warming is that far fetched at all and I do believe it can quite possibly co-exist with colder winters. One does not necessarily negate the other. Two such extremes are not unlikely at all...simply take into account the climatic environment of a desert for example. Fry your ass in the day....freeze your ass off in the night.

A simplification would be to see the desert's extreme of day and night as comparable to the yearly season's extreme of summer and winter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 6838
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
not concentrating on the information presented


Not true...


Actually, it's very true, as always.

Anyway, here's #13...

Professor Bob Carter - The Faux "97% Consensus" - 10th ICCC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NinRn5faU4


We've had Bob Carter before...
https://www.skepticalscience.com/Bob_Carter_arg.htm...
...he's been dead since January 2016 btw, so he probably won't be able to process any of this year's data.

In this video he is attempting to spin a global conspiracy theory to promote climate change science that involves nearly all scientists, nearly all universities, nearly all investment markets, nearly all media, nearly all governments, neraly all of the UN and nearly all civil services in nearly all countries in the world.

Hitler had it easier - he just blamed the Jews.

Poly's right - I'm going to lay in a pause in conversation with you. At the moment, I feel like a man poking a dying hedgehog with a stick.

I'll leave you with a little video of my own about the hearing held for Trump’s pick for the nation’s top environmental advisor...
https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitic ... 845547831/

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5076
Location: Vancouver, BC
Once again, Caputh, you DENY information that is presented and instead indulge in character assassinations.

Anyway, here's #14...

Global Warming; 31,487 Scientists say NO to Alarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPIvH49X-E

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Plook wrote:
Simply fact is it doesn't matter the cause of climate change because the ice is melting, within the ice is contained 90% of all naturally created C02 since the planet formed an atmosphere... :arrow:

Because of this on going melting it is imperative that humans decrease and ultimately stop creating these gases as soon as possible in order to avoid the man made C02 combining with the naturally occurring C02 that is escaping from the ice melt to create what we can call a C02 squared event that will lead to run away warming and ultimately the possible extinction of life on the planet... :shock:

Conversation over, what is causing it is irrelevant the fact that it is happening forces humans to end man made green house gases to have even a chance of stopping the ice melt and its subsequent release of naturally occurring C02 stored there... :idea:

We don't end up with water world we end up with a Venus like world where nothing living exists... :cry:



I'm bumping this because if read and understood it ends any need to define a cause for climate change, but in fact gives a cause to reduce as many green house gases especially C02 as fast as possible...r


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2610
Location: SLS
^^^^^^

We should stop all air travel immediately.
We should also make the ' sayers ' and ' doers ' say what they mean and do what they say.

Pardon me , Plook , are you on the job or in the air ??
:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
^^^^^^

We should stop all air travel immediately.
We should also make the ' sayers ' and ' doers ' say what they mean and do what they say.

Pardon me , Plook , are you on the job or in the air ??
:wink:


All this can be corrected with electric and new fuels, it sure isn't going to happen when Cheeto believes they can clean cool what a shmuck... :smoke:

Make sure you hang in until they read his Iran speech holy crap... :shock:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... n-4-finale


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2610
Location: SLS
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Dude I'm not shaming anyone, just stating the facts once that naturally occurring C02 gets out of the ice in large enough quantities we are cooked due to the man made C02, i.e. run away ice melt,...it is what it is right now, you have to drive a car, take a plane, a train...that doesn't mean these technologies don't need to change because we are using what we have...dam Pedro really, that just isn't even an argument it's nonsense...I don't claim to be an expert but i would assume we have time to correct this if we get with the program... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 7394
Location: The Thumb
Image

Think I'll just drive or teleport.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5076
Location: Vancouver, BC
#15...

IPCC Official Admits Global Warming Is A Lie To Redistribute Wealth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoRvly02Bo

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4811
Disco Boy wrote:
#15...

IPCC Official Admits Global Warming Is A Lie To Redistribute Wealth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoRvly02Bo


Here's the summary for those fans of DB's videos who might be too busy to watch this one:
Global Warming gets a bad rap. The globe is chilly. Don't you like to put on a nice warm shirt when you feel a little cold? Global Warming wants to heat things up. Who am I to object? Global Warming once went to Hollywood to get warm. Global Warming once made a video with the father of Tipper Gore's children. If Global Warming came to my house shivering I would give Global Warming a blanket. I'd offer the guest room. If the guest room was in use then Global Warming could sleep by the fire or out in the yard in a heavily insulated sleeping bag. I would cook Global Warming breakfast and make hot coffee.


more listening suggestions:
We're Only In It For The Global Warming
Global Warming's Garage
Global Warming Hum
Black Global Warming
Global Warming In Easter Hay
You Can't Do Global Warming On Stage Anymore
RDNZGLOBALWARMING


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2610
Location: SLS
Plook wrote:
pedro1 wrote:
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Dude I'm not shaming anyone, just stating the facts once that naturally occurring C02 gets out of the ice in large enough quantities we are cooked due to the man made C02, i.e. run away ice melt,...it is what it is right now, you have to drive a car, take a plane, a train...that doesn't mean these technologies don't need to change because we are using what we have...dam Pedro really, that just isn't even an argument it's nonsense...I don't claim to be an expert but i would assume we have time to correct this if we get with the program... :idea:


A study just came out yesterday which states that global emissions have gone up about 3.5 % thanks to China and coal burning.
I can keep my grass cut to look like it's manicured but if my neighbor never cuts his , the neighborhood can start looking like a ghetto.
That isn't to say I shouldn't cut my grass anymore but it does question how much good it does in the long run.
:|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
Plook wrote:
pedro1 wrote:
Good luck with that plook.
I think there was a guy named Tesla around the 1900's that had the same thinking.
Remember what happened to him?
Think Westinghouse and Edison. Cheeto had nothing to do with that little strong arming.
:wink:

My real comment was about being lectured by people that propagate the carbon footprint by their own actions and then try to shame the rest of us about climate change.
Kinda like Al Gore flying around the world telling us much we are hurting the planet.
It's the reason I don't fly or drive as much as I use to or have a job that necessitates that type of ' foot printing '.
I really miss parachuting into a strange city for fun or taking a nice 2 hour Sunday drive.
:|


Dude I'm not shaming anyone, just stating the facts once that naturally occurring C02 gets out of the ice in large enough quantities we are cooked due to the man made C02, i.e. run away ice melt,...it is what it is right now, you have to drive a car, take a plane, a train...that doesn't mean these technologies don't need to change because we are using what we have...dam Pedro really, that just isn't even an argument it's nonsense...I don't claim to be an expert but i would assume we have time to correct this if we get with the program... :idea:


A study just came out yesterday which states that global emissions have gone up about 3.5 % thanks to China and coal burning.
I can keep my grass cut to look like it's manicured but if my neighbor never cuts his , the neighborhood can start looking like a ghetto.
That isn't to say I shouldn't cut my grass anymore but it does question how much good it does in the long run.
:|



I definitely agree, the big hitters have to get in line, I read somewhere China has started to work on theirs due to incredible pollution (like fog) in major cities, but I am sure that is a slow moving boat... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 6838
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
pedro1 wrote:

A study just came out yesterday which states that global emissions have gone up about 3.5 % thanks to China and coal burning.
I can keep my grass cut to look like it's manicured but if my neighbor never cuts his , the neighborhood can start looking like a ghetto.
That isn't to say I shouldn't cut my grass anymore but it does question how much good it does in the long run.
:|



Plook wrote:
I definitely agree, the big hitters have to get in line, I read somewhere China has started to work on theirs due to incredible pollution (like fog) in major cities, but I am sure that is a slow moving boat... :idea:


I have actually read that Xi has announced that they intend to take "a driving seat in international cooperation to respond to climate change”, (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 847270001/) though in how far this is propaganda or an attempt to increase the wedge between the US and those countries that keep to the Paris agreement is a moot point.

I can understand pedro's perspective. I suppose the Chinese might answer that "you've already had your industrial revolution, why can't we have ours?"

Actually, the more I've read about this topic, the more I come to the depressing conclusion that it's probably too late. That doesn't, however, mean that we should give up - particularly as the big companies e.g. in the fossil fuel industry have been taking us for a ride for over a century.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6643
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Caputh wrote:
I suppose the Chinese might answer that "you've already had your industrial revolution, why can't we have ours?"
That is very much along the lines of what India's leaders were saying at one of the Paris meetings and Al Gore ended up convincing them otherwise. It does look like, sooner rather than later, the US will end up being the only major nation not doing the right thing, which is pretty ironic given what Al Gore has managed to achieve. If you look into it further though, there are some pretty positive things occurring in the US even from some very conservative quarters in spite of Trump's lunacy.

Australia is under the sway of conservatives at the moment and doing its level best to deny climate change as well. Monkey see, monkey do I guess. But even here there are more and more towns creating their own independent solar and wind farms as well as a steadily increasing number of households installing solar panels. We had a 6.7 kWh system installed on our house more than five years ago.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5076
Location: Vancouver, BC
#16...

CLIMATE HYSTERIA - Judith Curry on Climategate, Concensus and Bullying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObmapEm2a4

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
A friend of mine who isn't particularly liberal or a big Climate change guy was working in Alaska in 2016 and he had to stay for weeks, so he would do stuff on the weekend fishing, visiting parks, whatever...he took a tour of some ancient glaciers and he said it scared the shit out of him due to how much had melted in the last 30 years...he said they had pictures from the 70's and 80's and that the amount of melt off brought it home, he said you don't need to be a scientist to see there is a credible threat to the planet as we know it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2610
Location: SLS
Whatever you do , don't tell him about the deserts that used to be forests millions of years ago.
:wink: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 7511
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Watching the "alternative fact" folks deny global warming is caused by human activity is also entertaining.

Here's what the real scientists have to say...

https://climate.nasa.gov/


WAcko Pedro and Asshole Boy are like those nutty "Flat Earthers", "9-11 truthers" and all the other wacky conspiracy theorist nutjobs all wrapped into one. Not suprising, because they've fallen for the Russian propaganda and support a party that's about to knowingly elect a pedophile to the senate in order to save their seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
Whatever you do , don't tell him about the deserts that used to be forests millions of years ago.
:wink: :wink:



Answer Continental drift, parts of the ocean were dry land and parts of dry land were oceans, come on Pedro I learned that in 8th grade... :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2610
Location: SLS
6 deserts were forests at one time.
Plate shift was just one reason.

Learned that back in the late 60's when we were being told we were going into an ice age.

:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro1 wrote:
6 deserts were forests at one time.
Plate shift was just one reason.

Learned that back in the late 60's when we were being told we were going into an ice age.

:mrgreen:



your getting close a several hundreds of million years ago the planet was hotter not because of the sun but due to the atmosphere and the C02 gases from volcanoes, as the activity decline and more rain and snow occurred the C02 became trapped in the ice through natural processes, while ice ages came and went and continents moved we have been in a extremely stable environment 1.5 million years except for the occasional super volcano, comet strike, of large meteor strike...what is happening now is completely different and unique...before you say it they know from the ice cores, those are the finger prints of climate... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:21 am
Posts: 2610
Location: SLS
Partially right Plook.

Take a look at another ' climate change '. >>

A timeline of Sahara occupation [See Map]:

22,000 to 10,500 years ago: The Sahara was devoid of any human occupation outside the Nile Valley and extended 250 miles further south than it does today.
10,500 to 9,000 years ago: Monsoon rains begin sweeping into the Sahara, transforming the region into a habitable area swiftly settled by Nile Valley dwellers.
9,000 to 7,300 years ago: Continued rains, vegetation growth, and animal migrations lead to well established human settlements, including the introduction of domesticated livestock such as sheep and goats.
7,300 to 5,500 years ago: Retreating monsoonal rains initiate desiccation in the Egyptian Sahara, prompting humans to move to remaining habitable niches in Sudanese Sahara. The end of the rains and return of desert conditions throughout the Sahara after 5,500 coincides with population return to the Nile Valley and the beginning of pharaonic society.

https://www.livescience.com/4180-sahara ... lated.html


While I see the inclusion of humans in the above info , I don't see coal burning or automobile emissions.
Nobody with half a brain denies climate change , If the climate didn't change , we probably wouldn't be here to discuss it.
The big question is whether human actions have more of an impact than natural occurring events.
Are humans the MAIN cause of climate change ??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group