Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:56 am 

Dave Whamond

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:46 am 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:53 am 

Jos Collignon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:06 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:42 am 

Ignoring warnings, Kirk Cameron hosts 2nd caroling event as COVID-19 surges in SoCal
By ABC7.com staff
Tuesday, December 22, 2020 6:30PM

https://abc7.com/health/kirk-cameron-hosts-2nd-caroling-event-as-covid-19-cases-surge/8989700/

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- Dozens of people, most of them not wearing masks, showed up for a second caroling event hosted by actor Kirk Cameron in Thousand Oaks, as all of Southern California deals with a dangerous and massive surge in COVID-19 cases and deaths.

The crowd, appearing to be about 75 to 100 people, was caroling outside The Oaks mall - right next to a COVID-19 testing center.

There were people of all ages, from children to senior citizens, in the group. Few, if any, could be seen wearing masks or distancing from each other in aerial footage from AIR7 HD.

They were apparently ignoring the repeated warnings issued by health officials throughout the region urging people not to gather in groups and to wear masks in public at all times as COVID-19 patients fill local hospitals to their maximum capacity.

Officials have warned that such events can serve as "super spreaders" causing infections among large numbers of people in a short amount of time, with those people then infecting other family members and friends before they are even aware they have the virus.

Officials with The Oaks mall said the "irresponsible" event was not authorized by the mall and they have requested it be moved.

"The event occurring at The Oaks at this moment is a non-sanctioned event," mall officials said.

"We continue to share our community's concerns over these irresponsible - yet constitutionally protected - events and have law enforcement on property. We reached out to the organizer to ask that the event be moved."

This is the second event hosted by the former "Growing Pains" actor-turned-evangelist. His first event was subject to criticism for contributing to the spread of coronavirus.

After that first event was held, Thousand Oaks Mayor Claudia Bill-de la Pena commented: "Liberty and freedom are very fragile and they come with great responsibility. Continuing to hold large gatherings and ignoring all guidelines, I feel, is unchristian."

In an invitation to Tuesday's event, Cameron referred to it as a "peaceful protest."

"Let your voice be heard at this peaceful protest praising the Prince of Peace," Cameron wrote on social media.

Ventura County has recorded more than 200 deaths since the start of the pandemic and more than 31,000 total cases. The county reported 2,049 new cases on Monday alone.

There are more than 300 patients now hospitalized for COVID-19 in Ventura County, with 68 in the ICU.

Ventura County health officials, like their counterparts across the state, have been urging the public to not gather with groups outside their own household and to wear masks at all times when outside the home.

"Our heroes wear masks! Shout out to the first responders in the ICU working 24/7 to serve our community," county officials said in a COVID-19 update sent out this week.

"Thank you, Ventura County, for helping them out by masking up, social distancing and not gathering during this critical time. Let's save lives and save businesses by bringing down the numbers."

Additionally, a COVID-19 outbreak in the Ventura County jails has led the sheriff to order the release of 76 low-level offenders who have less than 60 days remaining on their sentences in an effort to reduce the jail population and make more space available for distancing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:24 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:05 am 

Approved by His Holiness The Pope*

*Not Approved by His Holiness The Pope

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:18 pm 

Bruce Plante

Bill Day

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:57 pm 

I thought it was just me...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:35 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:14 am 

KORN's Brian "Head" Welch Now Says He "Went Too Far" with Christianity
"But yes, I think I went too far with it."

By
Greg Kennelty

Published
3 days ago

https://metalinjection.net/shocking-revelations/korns-brian-head-welch-now-says-he-went-too-far-with-christianity

Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch quit Korn in 2005 because he had "chosen the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end." Welch eventually started appearing here and there as a special guest with the band in 2012 and 2013, and eventually rejoined in 2013.

Now in an interview with No Fuckin' Regrets With Robb Flynn, Welch said he might've taken the whole Jesus thing a little too far. Welch doesn't regret pursuing Christianity though, and said that he still feels "Christ doing something in me" at the time.

"The crazy thing is I had an experience with something from another dimension. And it wasn't the religion — going to church and being a good boy — it was, like, I felt something come into my house, and I can't explain it to this day. But I believe that it was Christ doing something in me.

"So that was real — that was very real. But yes, I think I went too far with it. And I got obsessed with it, just like I was obsessed with the drugs. I believe I did, for sure. And I had to come out of that and find normalcy, because there's nothing worse than a freakin' irritating religious person just shoving it down your throat — there's nothing worse than that.

"And you saw it on the [Loud Krazy Love] documentary, Jonathan's like, 'I hate those motherfuckers.' People can't stand 'em. And for years, we've had those Christians outside of Korn concerts, saying Korn's of the devil, and all this. It's crazy — it's a crazy thing. But I'm just glad I got through it. And I'm glad that I am who I am now, and I have a lot of peace and rest for my soul. I feel very leveled and at peace with myself."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:40 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:47 pm 

Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:02 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:38 am 

It's now illegal in Georgia to give food and water to voters in line

Georgia's new sweeping elections law has a number of controversial provisions that will restrict access to voting.

But one in particular has some people shaking their heads.

Under the bill, signed into law Thursday night by Republican Gov. Brian Kemp, it's now illegal to hand out food or water to people standing in line to vote.

"No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector," the new law states.

The law applies within 150 feet of a polling place or within 25 feet of any voter at a polling place. Violators are guilty of a misdemeanor.

But some observers see the provision as an attempt to curb voting by urban voters and people of color who lean Democratic and whose precincts often have long waits to cast ballots.

John Darkow

more here :arrow: https://www.albanyherald.com/cnn/cnn_politics/its-now-illegal-in-georgia-to-give-food-and-water-to-voters-in-line/article_075a750c-f644-590f-8f49-c84c7287c99d.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:15 pm 

Hear one bad thing about Democrat, hear 10 bad things about Republicans, and on, and on, and on...
Sometime I think USA will never get to 21st Century with those Reps around
:P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:39 pm 

Dave Whamond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:16 pm 

Jesus must think these Reps are junk Christians...
:P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:26 am 

A Pentecostal temple yesterday in Brazil, following Bol$onaro appointed Supreme Court Judge Kassio Nunes Marques' injunction (that goes against the supreme court plenary decision that municipalities and estates have co-responsibility along federal sphere in conducting measures to guarantee safety and best strategies to navigate the crisis), allowing gatherings for religious activities.

Things are out of hand with the health system collapsing here... Some say we must be hitting 5,000 dead per day soon (if it's not already under-notified).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:46 am 

Steve Sack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next