Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:37 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
If you are using it to substitute raw smoke, your good health is worth it. It is priceless, you know... Although I was kind of surprised to learn that tobacco or even nicotine itself is carcinogen. I used to think only the byproducts of combustion alone were the carcinogen part of the smoke.

That's true, but I've never seen the logic of still spending a lot of money after you've kicked the cigarette habit. I'm not saying they shouldn't though, people should be free to do what they want. And slime may be independently wealthy, as much as I know about him. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:25 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Brazilian PhD candidate wins Science journal contest to dance-explain your research:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:33 am 

Just some passing thoughts...

I was a cigarette smoker for ~25 years and struggled badly when trying to quit, failing and going back at least three times...both the physical nicotine and habitual addictions were overwhelming, (but yes, it's way worth it to quit)... So to me is seems, why hang on to the nicotine addiction when it doesn't do anything for you...there are other things one can smoke which DO do things for you...and these can be better vaporized to eliminate exposures to the myriad of combustion by-products...even better to use quality vaporizers that use ceramics to eliminate the vaporizer itself from inserting damaging chemicals.

It might be helpful too to not limit oneself to only considering the dangers of cancers. In general, if something is shortening your telomeres and weakening dna to cause senescence and/or replicating dna mutations (cancer), it might be helpful to recognize if something is shortening telomers to cause cancer, they are also short enough to cause diabetes (shortened telomeres in pancreas), atherosclerosis (shortened telomeres in endothelial cells causing cholesterol to stick building up plaques), dementia, copd, stroke, immune weakening and elevated WBC damaging everything everywhere at once, shortened health span with lengthened disease span, and so on.

If something is damaging telomeres to cause cancer, it is causing everything else at the same time and it's just a matter of which symptoms appear first.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:09 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk