Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:49 am 

I've got the feeling that I should be scared of some of the swine on this forum, that being said the real fear is the flu's return in the fall, which was the MO of the 1918 pandemic and returning stronger and more contagious. Also those vaccinations don’t thrill me but the concept as most of you know is to expose you and then make you immune, this can also be done by actually catching the flu and surviving as most of us do. The trouble in this concoction is it is very close to the strain in 1918 and it is following the same outbreak with a spring appearance. Combine this with all the over protected people who are not exposing their kids to anything and we have a large group of people who can be technically called anemic, these people will be the major cause of the wild fire like spread if this thing returns in a similar form to the 1918 virus. So say your prayers get those dam kids outside eating dirt and bugs, and for heaven sake stop with these over sanitization lifestyles, the human body is built to adapt. The engine will not run right if you do not start it and break it in.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:40 am 

Anyone keeping up with the flu info?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:48 am 

catpuke wrote:

I keep checking my kids to see if they've grown curly, little tails and that's about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 pm 

brainpang wrote:
catpuke wrote:

I keep checking my kids to see if they've grown curly, little tails and that's about it.

Jest, fool human, jest. Jest all you want for when you and your ilk have succumb to the flu my people have infected you with there'll BE no folly!!
Watch. Watch and wait for the fear of chitterlings!!

I HAVE SPOKEN. :x

They want to call it a full blown pandemic.

Go wash dem hands.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:15 pm 

catpuke wrote:
Go wash dem hands.

I'm washing the dishes....is that good enough?
(Oh, dear! Suds and water all over the keyboard. :oops: )

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:25 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
catpuke wrote:
Go wash dem hands.

Ya gotta wash 'em in alcohol, kills germs.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am 

baddy wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
catpuke wrote:
Go wash dem hands.

Ya gotta wash 'em in alcohol, kills germs.

I have that covered. I've been drinking strong beer, to fight the flu germs from the inside out!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:19 am 

catpuke wrote:
brainpang wrote:
catpuke wrote:

Jest, fool human, jest. Jest all you want for when you and your ilk have succumb to the flu my people have infected you with there'll BE no folly!!
Watch. Watch and wait for the fear of chitterlings!!

I HAVE SPOKEN. :x

They want to call it a full blown pandemic.

Go wash dem hands.

There is a method to my silliness. It helps the little ones remember to be careful.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:27 pm 

No no no wash hands less...exposure is defense...get those kids out in the dirt or your asking for BIG Trouble!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:04 pm 

it's a crock of shit. tamiflu is the real killer

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:50 pm 

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
it's a crock of shit. tamiflu is the real killer

Is that like the Jim&Tamiflu?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:36 am 

As I am writing this I think I'm suffering from the H1 N1 virus and maybe
a touch of da St. Louis Enchephilitis.
No.....but seriously I have an extremely bad cold hence my absence from the forum
over the past 2 weeks or so........ :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:48 am 

gws G-C!!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:58 am 

why should people be afraid? i m a nurse and have to deal with deadly infections all the time. it doesnt matter if people die of the swine virus, mrsa or whatever. the result is the same.
i would probably start to protect myself from the swine virus if u would live forever after an infection. that would be much worse i think.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 pm 

WHO: Swine flu pandemic has begun, 1st in 41 years

By MARIA CHENG and FRANK JORDANS – 4 hours ago

GENEVA (AP) — Swine flu is now formally a pandemic, a declaration by U.N. health officials that will speed vaccine production and spur government spending to combat the first global flu epidemic in 41 years. Thursday's announcement by the World Health Organization doesn't mean the virus is any more lethal — only that its spread is considered unstoppable.

Since it was first detected in late April in Mexico and the United States, swine flu has reached 74 countries, infecting nearly 29,000 people. Most who catch the bug have only mild symptoms and don't need medical treatment.

WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan made the long-awaited declaration after the U.N. agency held an emergency meeting with flu experts and said she was moving to phase 6 — the agency's highest alert level — which means a pandemic is under way.

"The world is moving into the early days of its first influenza pandemic in the 21st century," Chan said in Geneva.

Dr. Thomas Frieden, the new head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said in Atlanta that he does not expect widespread public anxiety in the United States as a result of the declaration, noting it came nearly two months after the virus was identified.

For many weeks, U.S. health officials have been treating it as a pandemic, increasing the availability of anti-viral flu medicines and pouring money into a possible vaccination program. And scientists have grown to understand that the virus is generally not much more severe than the seasonal flu.

"That helps to tamp down any fears that may be excessive," Frieden said at a news conference — his first as CDC director.

But the virus can still be deadly and may change into a more frightening form in the near future, and so people should not be complacent, he added.

So far, swine flu has caused 144 deaths, compared with ordinary flu that kills up to 500,000 people a year.

The pandemic decision might have been made much earlier if WHO had more accurate information about swine flu's rising sweep through Europe. Chan said she called the emergency meeting with flu experts after concerns were raised that some countries, such as Britain, were not accurately reporting their cases.

Chan said the experts unanimously agreed there was a wider spread of swine flu than was being reported.

She would not say which country tipped the world into the pandemic, but WHO flu chief Keiji Fukuda said the situation from Australia seemed to indicate the virus was spreading rapidly there — more than 1,300 cases were reported by Thursday.

In Chile, authorities have identified almost 1,700 cases to WHO.

Many health experts said the world has been in a pandemic for weeks but WHO became too bogged down by politics to declare one. In May, several countries urged WHO not to declare a pandemic, fearing it would cause social and economic turmoil. At the time, WHO said it would rewrite its pandemic definition to avoid announcing one.

But with the recent surge in cases across Europe, Chile, Australia and Japan, the agency was under increasing pressure to acknowledge a pandemic.

"This is WHO finally catching up with the facts," said Michael Osterholm, a flu expert at the University of Minnesota.

David Ropeik, an expert in risk perception and communication at Harvard University, says the word pandemic is less frightening than when emerged during worries about bird flu a few years ago.

He said the "soft buildup" to declaring swine flu a pandemic has been helpful.

"That allows people to get used to what is otherwise a scary word, understand the particulars of the disease, and that should mean reaction will be a little more information-based and a little less emotional," Ropeik said in an e-mail.

WHO will now recommend that *SPAM* companies make swine flu vaccine. The agency typically recommends which flu strains drug companies should use in the vaccines. In a global outbreak, WHO also advises whether companies should make pandemic vaccine.

The decision to make pandemic vaccine is a gamble. Most flu vaccine makers cannot make both regular seasonal flu vaccine and pandemic vaccine at the same time. That means they must decide which one the world will need more.

Drug giant GlaxoSmithKline PLC said it could start commercial production of pandemic vaccine in July but that it would take months before large quantities are available.

Glaxo spokesman Stephen Rea said the company's first doses of vaccine would be reserved for countries who had ordered it in advance, including Belgium, Britain and France. He said Glaxo would also donate 50 million doses to WHO for poor countries.

Pascal Barollier, a spokesman for Sanofi-Aventis, said they were also working on a pandemic vaccine but WHO had not yet asked them to start making mass quantities of it.

WHO described the pandemic as "moderate." Fukuda said people should not get overly anxious about the virus. "Understand it, put it in context, and then you get on with things," he said.

Still, about half of the people who have died from swine flu were previously young and healthy — people who are not usually susceptible to flu. Swine flu is also crowding out regular flu viruses. Both features are typical of pandemic flu viruses.

Swine flu is also continuing to spread during the start of summer in the northern hemisphere. Normally, flu viruses disappear with warm weather, but swine flu is proving to be resilient.

"What this declaration does do is remind the world that flu viruses like H1N1 need to be taken seriously," said U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, warning that more cases could crop up in the fall.

Now that a pandemic has been declared, some countries might be prompted to devote more money to containing the virus. Many developed countries have pandemic preparedness plans that link spending to a WHO declaration.

The U.N. is keen to avoid panic. "We must guard against rash and discriminatory action, such as travel bans or trade restrictions," said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

Fear has already gripped Argentina, where thousands have flooded hospitals this week, bringing emergency health services in Buenos Aires to the brink of collapse during winter weather. Last month, a bus arriving in Argentina from Chile was stoned by people who thought a passenger had swine flu.

China has quarantined travelers, including New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, on the slightest suspicion of contact with an infected person.

The U.S. government has already increased the availability of flu-fighting medicines and authorized $1 billion for developing a new swine flu vaccine. In addition, new cases seem to be declining in many parts of the country, U.S. health officials say, as North America moves out of its traditional winter flu season.

Still, New York City reported three more swine flu deaths Thursday, including a child under 2, a teenager and a person in their 30s.

"Countries where outbreaks appear to have peaked should prepare for a second wave of infection," Chan warned.

AP Medical Writers Maria Cheng reported from London and Michael Stobbe contributed from Atlanta. Jordans reported from Geneva. Michael E. Miller in Mexico City, Edith Lederer in New York, Dikky Sinn in Hong Kong, Vincente L. Panetta in Buenos Aires, and Bradley S. Klapper and Eliane Engeler in Geneva also contributed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:09 pm 

Bird flu + Swine flu= Swird Flu.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 pm 

catpuke wrote:

WASH YOUR HANDS.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:10 am 

Just phoned the swine flu helpline and all I got was crackling.

Swine flu isn't a problem for pigs, because they're all going to be cured anyway.

If you receive an email from the Department of Health telling you not to eat tinned pork because of swine flu - ignore it. It's just spam.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:20 am 

catpuke wrote:

Actually you get the Pigs on the wing flu:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:53 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
catpuke wrote:

Actually you get the Pigs on the wing flu:

I think I got that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:15 am 

Hmm, I was scared when I first found out about it.

I'm not so scared anymore since most of the deaths have been in Mexico and only one has occured in Scotland (or Britain for that matter).

Apparently it's meant to reach 1 in 3 affected in Britain.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:36 am 

I still maintain the vaccine being brewed up for this fall after all this bogus flu pandemic hype is the real danger. Don't buy it people!!!!

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 pm 

http://wakenews.net/Evidence_of_the_use ... te_USA.pdf

http://wakenews.net/Microsoft_Word__Cri ... _v2_1_.pdf

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... urder.aspx

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:29 am 

Hype or not, fabricated or not, people are stating to die here. And don't give me that 'same lethality rate as common flu' bullshit, because 99% of people who die of a common flu are elders or newborns and this new flu kills healthy people as well...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Hype or not, fabricated or not, people are stating to die here. And don't give me that 'same lethality rate as common flu' bullshit, because 99% of people who die of a common flu are elders or newborns and this new flu kills healthy people as well...

I heard Australia has the most deaths. And yes, I've read about perfectly healthy 40 yr.olds dieing. I thought I heard there was a pregnant 20+ yr. old woman who is sick and now has a collapsed lung from this flu.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next