Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:57 am 

Tiger tests positive for coronavirus with six other zoo animals showing symptoms
Alice Peacock
12 hours ago

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/ti ... id=BHEA000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:25 am 

This could be a game changer, these type of virus mutate when they jump back and forth through species and the adaptation that could make it back to humans could became far worse... :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:05 pm 

Plook wrote:
This could be a game changer, these type of virus mutate when they jump back and forth through species and the adaptation that could make it back to humans could became far worse... :(

It's not looking too good for the earthlings.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:56 pm 

not all heroes wear capes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b74d6NVTJ6s

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:16 am 

^^^^^ I like that guy ^^^^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 pm 

In Mersin, Turkey, on March 25, an engineering student plays guitar for an elderly couple standing on the balcony of their house.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:53 am 

^^^strong acoustic guitar tradition over there...

Muppets - CORONA RHAPSODY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KapSEB6qYX8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:12 am 

A laser projection on the Great pyramid of Kheops at the Giza plateau outside of Cairo reads "Stay at home, stay safe. Thanks to those keeping us safe"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:34 pm 

NEMØ

NEMØ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:37 am 

What the Media and internet has taught us about Covid 19

The Corona Rules:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:39 am 

^^Some very good points^^
I am curious to know if anyone in here knows anyone who has this. I do not know anyone directly. The closest association that I can think of is a cousin living on a military base on the east coast. She was tested and is waiting for results.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:56 am 

^^^Good one LM I may not to steal that with your permission...or at least borrow it... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:53 am 

cory1984 wrote:
I am curious to know if anyone in here knows anyone who has this. I do not know anyone directly. The closest association that I can think of is a cousin living on a military base on the east coast. She was tested and is waiting for results.

4 people I work with caught it, all got pretty sick, fever etc, and then got better...one of them got very sick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:29 am 

Plook wrote:
I may not to steal that with your permission...or at least borrow it...

uh, well... sure! i think...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:25 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
Plook wrote:
I may not to steal that with your permission...or at least borrow it...

uh, well... sure! i think...

I will send you are release form, do you need a royalty check... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm 

Plook wrote:
you are release form

no i'm not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:00 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:14 am 

I'm more concerned with Chaos-45. :shock:

Nick Anderson

Nuclear war, straight ahead . . . :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:01 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:09 am 

^^^^^^^variation found in BBP's post on The Bad Joke Thread :arrow: http://forum.zappa.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9003&hilit=joke&start=3450#p870511

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:20 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
^^^^^^^variation found in BBP's post on The Bad Joke Thread :arrow: http://forum.zappa.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9003&hilit=joke&start=3450#p870511

RG sent that to me a few days ago and every time I see it I laugh my ass off, not sure why but it works for me... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:37 pm 

baddy wrote:
cory1984 wrote:

4 people I work with caught it, all got pretty sick, fever etc, and then got better...one of them got very sick.

That cousin ended up testing negative. So I have no direct connections to this illness so far. Thanks for responding baddy! Anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm 

cory1984 wrote:
baddy wrote:
cory1984 wrote:

That cousin ended up testing negative. So I have no direct connections to this illness so far. Thanks for responding baddy! Anyone else?

Yes- my friend's mother has it. North central CT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:56 pm 

A guy my sister went to school with and whom I also knew since I was a we land but only saw him once in the last 30 years (at my moms passing celebration) had a heart attack last Thursday and died, when they tested him he tested positive and had not been feeling well...(this was in Southern California).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next