Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:56 pm
Posts: 4716
I on the other had have started to buy more now that I don't have to go to the next town to get a record (OK now CD's)

I also download tunes using the apple lossless format.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Your Account > Where's My Stuff? > Orders placed in the past 6 months

Order Date: May 7, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Tinsel Town Rebellion [Live] [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa...
Sold by: jonmusic

Order Date: May 7, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Broadway the Hard Way [Live] [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa...
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: May 4, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Joe's Garage: Acts I, II & III [Original recording remastered]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Date: May 2, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: The Yellow Shark [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Spoken Word; Zappa
Sold by: tkservicesllc

Order Date: April 24, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: One Size Fits All [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Frank Zappa & the
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: April 18, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Roxy & Elsewhere [Live] [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Frank Zappa
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: April 17, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch [Original recording remastered
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: April 4, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Over-Nite Sensation [Original recording reissued] [Original recording remastered]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
* 1 of: Zoot Allures [Original recording remastered]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Date: March 28, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Chunga's Revenge [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds
* 1 of: Thing-Fish [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: March 20, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Joe's Garage: Acts I, II & III [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: March 13, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Frank Zappa Meets the Mothers of Prevention [Original recording remastered]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Date: March 9, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Real Frank Zappa Book
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Date: February 23, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Uncle Meat [Original recording reissued] [Original recording remastered]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Date: February 20, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Sheik Yerbouti [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: funnybookaddict

Order Date: February 17, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Läther [Box set]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Date: February 8, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Absolutely Free [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Frank Zappa & The...
Sold by: -importcds
* 1 of: Lumpy Gravy [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds
* 1 of: Cruising with Ruben & the Jets [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Frank
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: February 6, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: You Are What You Is [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: February 5, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Hot Rats [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: funnybookaddict

Order Date: February 4, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Apostrophe (') [Original recording reissued] [Original recording remastered...
Sold by: pghmediasales

Order Date: January 31, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Baby Snakes (1979 Film) [Original recording remastered] [Live] [Soundtrack...
Sold by: pauldg60

Order Date: January 30, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: We're Only in It for the Money [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] The...
Sold by: -importcds

Order Date: January 29, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Freak Out! [Original recording reissued] [Original recording remastered] [Audio
Sold by: willhansen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am
Posts: 1768
Location: FLINT-USA
baddy wrote:
Here's a handy tip...tell all your family and loved ones to stop buying you gifts and just get you Amazon gift certificates ....and then on Christmas/birthdays and such you can COMBINE the Amazon gift certificates and pick yerself out some cool CD's. It's easy for the family, and really, really cool for you :)

Been doin' it fer years :)


Same thing I do,Baddy!
Ya can't go wrong!
Amazon rules!

_________________
Image

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Order Date: May 15, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Zappa In New York [Live] [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa...
Sold by: -importcds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Order Date: May 17, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: We're Only In It For The Money/Lumpy Gravy [Audio CD] Frank Zappa
Sold by: MNPOLARBEARS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3757
Location: where the dogs roll by
Huck_Phlem wrote:
I remember when a trip to Tower Records was quite an adventure!


Yeah, I remember those days...there were only two Towers in NJ and the nearest one was about an hour's drive from my house...it really used to be a special treat to drive up there, which I probably did 2-3 times a year. The best part was that they had a seperate building for classical, called "The Classical Annex". Man, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven the first time I saw that. In the last couple years they closed it and moved what little classical they had left into the room of the main building that had been used exclusively for jazz and blues. Sad times...

These days, most of my purchases are through Amazon or one of their secondary sellers...the customer service has always been exemplary in all respects.

For classical, I buy a lot of stuff from arkivmusic, a GREAT site for anyone wanting to browse classical music. A specialty of Arkiv is that they reissue previously out of print stuff with original artwork, packaging, etc. It's in a special category called ArkivCD.

I also purchase occasionally through Tower. Funny, I think Tower is now owned by or affiliated with Caiman, which used to be a big secondary seller for Amazon.

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
First album I ever bought at a Tower - the Tommy movie soundtrack at the Tower in Las Vegas in '86.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7558
Location: exile
sleeping in a jar wrote:
For classical, I buy a lot of stuff from arkivmusic, a GREAT site for anyone wanting to browse classical music. A specialty of Arkiv is that they reissue previously out of print stuff with original artwork, packaging, etc. It's in a special category called ArkivCD.


thanks for the tip. 8)

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Order Date: May 19, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Them Or Us [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Order Date: May 28, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Sleep Dirt [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7558
Location: exile
sleeping in a jar wrote:
I also purchase occasionally through Tower. Funny, I think Tower is now owned by or affiliated with Caiman, which used to be a big secondary seller for Amazon.


yeah, I've noticed that too.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10182
jakeobs wrote:
Order Date: May 28, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Sleep Dirt [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds


complete waste of money

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
jakeobs wrote:
Order Date: May 28, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Sleep Dirt [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds


complete waste of money

Maybe so but I'm a completist, so I must.

EDIT: I disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed this CD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
I ordered a brand new Missing Persons best of CD for $10 and change WITH shipping yesterday!

Great music, great price AND a little pocket change in royalties for Terry, Dale and Warren - talk about a win-win. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6651
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Jakeobs wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
jakeobs wrote:
Order Date: May 28, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Sleep Dirt [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Zappa, Frank
Sold by: -importcds


complete waste of money

Maybe so but I'm a completist, so I must.

EDIT: I disagree. I thoroughly enjoyed this CD.

Slime seems to enjoy being cryptic, but just to put you out of your misery, he hates the Thana Harris vocals. He may not be alone in that, but many of us like them too. When I first heard the CD it was a real surprise, because I'd heard the vinyl thousands of times already, but it wasn't a nasty surprise for me and then I dug deeper and discovered that those pieces had always been intended to have vocals as part of the Hunchentoot musical.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Order Date: June 7, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Weasels Ripped My Flesh [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Frank Zappa & The...
Sold by: quay84


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3757
Location: where the dogs roll by
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
sleeping in a jar wrote:
For classical, I buy a lot of stuff from arkivmusic, a GREAT site for anyone wanting to browse classical music. A specialty of Arkiv is that they reissue previously out of print stuff with original artwork, packaging, etc. It's in a special category called ArkivCD.


thanks for the tip. 8)


You're welcome.

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Order Date: June 18, 2008
Items:
* 1 of: Burnt Weeny Sandwich [Original recording remastered] [Audio CD] Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
Sold by: -importcds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
Jakeobs wrote:
Amazon is the ONLY place where I buy my CDs, books and DVDs from. No other place on the net or IRL even comes close.

Ebay is the best!

_________________
Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peut avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10182
zut_boF wrote:
... Ebay is the best!


you find the best prices on zbay; you need plenty of spare time, patience and a predatory disposition

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:56 pm
Posts: 3321
Location: Aotearoa NZ
placed my 1st order via amazon on 5 July

ZPZFanpack arrived today ( standard shipping) .. :shock:

fukingreat service

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 30312
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
stride wrote:
placed my 1st order via amazon on 5 July

ZPZFanpack arrived today ( standard shipping) .. :shock:

fukingreat service

That is quick!...It's still June, here in Canada! :shock:

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
stride wrote:
placed my 1st order via amazon on 5 July

ZPZFanpack arrived today ( standard shipping) .. :shock:

fukingreat service

July 2007? ah ok

_________________
Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peut avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:56 pm
Posts: 4716
sleeping in a jar wrote:
Huck_Phlem wrote:
I remember when a trip to Tower Records was quite an adventure!


Yeah, I remember those days...there were only two Towers in NJ and the nearest one was about an hour's drive from my house...it really used to be a special treat to drive up there, which I probably did 2-3 times a year. The best part was that they had a seperate building for classical, called "The Classical Annex". Man, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven the first time I saw that. In the last couple years they closed it and moved what little classical they had left into the room of the main building that had been used exclusively for jazz and blues. Sad times...

These days, most of my purchases are through Amazon or one of their secondary sellers...the customer service has always been exemplary in all respects.

For classical, I buy a lot of stuff from arkivmusic, a GREAT site for anyone wanting to browse classical music. A specialty of Arkiv is that they reissue previously out of print stuff with original artwork, packaging, etc. It's in a special category called ArkivCD.

I also purchase occasionally through Tower. Funny, I think Tower is now owned by or affiliated with Caiman, which used to be a big secondary seller for Amazon.


Yea I remember when I was living in SF their classical annex was across the street! The main store was huge and 2 blocks from fisherman's warf.

I always wanted to go to the Hollywood store just to see how big it was. I wouldn't fucking set foot in that town now though. (or SF for that matter)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Posts: 1803
Huck_Phlem wrote:
I always wanted to go to the Hollywood store just to see how big it was. I wouldn't fucking set foot in that town now though. (or SF for that matter)

I assume you're referring to the Tower in Hollywood that used to be off of Sunset? If so, I went there quite a few times, including a Henry Rollins meet and greet that they had there in '94 when his Black Flag book came out. I saw Alicia Silverstone (less than a week before that stupid movie Clueless came out and made her a huge star) and Jeanne Tripplehorn in there before as well.

I can't fucking stand Hollywood now either. However, it IS well worth it to make the trek up there if for no other reason than to go to the Amoeba record store (hands down the best record store I've ever been to in my entire life). Seeing as how you lived in SF, I'd imagine you're probably pretty familiar with Amoeba though. Am I right?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group