Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Terry Bozzio
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 pm 

Zappa in New York... in "Titties and Beer", (Terry plays the devil), at one point after Frank goes into his "pickle" speech, Terry says, "Dale, would you like to come here and hold my pickle to satisfy this weird man up on the stage?" I know that Dale Bozzio was the lead singer in Missing Persons, Terry's group, but what's the rest of the story on that? Was she his wife, sister, or what? On Terry's web-site, in his bio, there is no mention at all of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 pm 

she was his wife and is no longer which is probably why there is no mention of her.

Post subject: Re: Terry Bozzio
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:25 am 
Banned

Punky64 wrote:
Zappa in New York... in "Titties and Beer", (Terry plays the devil), at one point after Frank goes into his "pickle" speech, Terry says, "Dale, would you like to come here and hold my pickle to satisfy this weird man up on the stage?" I know that Dale Bozzio was the lead singer in Missing Persons, Terry's group, but what's the rest of the story on that? Was she his wife, sister, or what? On Terry's web-site, in his bio, there is no mention at all of her.

Do ya really think that Terry would want his sister to hold his pickle?.....oh.....that's right.....you're from Texas.....nevermind. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:33 am 
Banned

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
Punky64 wrote:

Do ya really think that Terry would want his sister to hold his pickle?.....oh.....that's right.....you're from Texas.....nevermind. :mrgreen:

LOL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:43 am 

this girl reminds me off dale.looks and attitude.
http://loicmaes.free.fr/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:57 pm 

Punky64 wrote:

Image :lol:

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:05 am 

Jimmie D - Your comment - sister, pickle - being from Texas - that was rude. Oh, wait a minute, you're from Philly. Never mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 am 

Its only a bit of forum banter, everyone relax, please relax. On topic though, Bozzio is now playing in Korn is he not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:21 pm 
Banned

Punky64 wrote:
Jimmie D - Your comment - sister, pickle - being from Texas - that was rude. Oh, wait a minute, you're from Philly. Never mind.

I don't have a problem with Texas (the Bush family, on the other hand...), but Jimmie's post was pretty funny. Lighten up. You've got to admit, your "sister" comment didn't make very much sense.

PappaWas1975 wrote:
On topic though, Bozzio is now playing in Korn is he not?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=70341

Quote:
Launch Radio Networks reports: KORN's management has confirmed that temporary drummer Terry Bozzio has completed his work on the band's new record and is no longer working with the group. Bozzio, a legendary drummer known for his work with MISSING PERSONS and Frank Zappa, plays on some but not all tracks on the album. Bozzio will also not be joining KORN on the road, with a new touring drummer yet to be announced. Brooks Wackerman of BAD RELIGION played with the band two weeks ago at a youth volunteer show in Los Angeles, but is not expected to tour with them.

Bozzio replaced founding drummer David Silveria in January, after Silveriaannounced at the end of 2006 that he was taking a "hiatus" from KORN for at least one album and tour.

KORN's eighth studio effort is due out in June. The band will headline the 2007 Family Values tour starting in mid-July, with EVANESCENCE, HELLYEAH, ATREYU, TRIVIUM and FLYLEAF also on the bill. The on-sale date for most of the shows is April 28.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:53 pm 

Quote:
Brooks Wackerman of BAD RELIGION played with the band two weeks ago at a youth volunteer show in Los Angeles, but is not expected to tour with them.

Yet another FZ connection: Brooks Wackerman is Chad's brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:05 pm 

suterb wrote:
Quote:
Brooks Wackerman of BAD RELIGION played with the band two weeks ago at a youth volunteer show in Los Angeles, but is not expected to tour with them.

Yet another FZ connection: Brooks Wackerman is Chad's brother.

We are the world, we are the children.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:35 am 
Banned

Punky64 wrote:

Punky64 wrote:

:mrgreen: Wow! You've accused me of being from Philly. Now, that's really low!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 am 

PappaWas1975 wrote:
Bozzio is now playing in Korn is he not?

Isaac wrote:

PappaWas1975 wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=70341

Quote:
Launch Radio Networks reports: KORN's management has confirmed that temporary drummer Terry Bozzio has completed his work on the band's new record and is no longer working with the group. Bozzio, a legendary drummer known for his work with MISSING PERSONS and Frank Zappa, plays on some but not all tracks on the album. Bozzio will also not be joining KORN on the road, with a new touring drummer yet to be announced. Brooks Wackerman of BAD RELIGION played with the band two weeks ago at a youth volunteer show in Los Angeles, but is not expected to tour with them.

Bozzio replaced founding drummer David Silveria in January, after Silveriaannounced at the end of 2006 that he was taking a "hiatus" from KORN for at least one album and tour.

KORN's eighth studio effort is due out in June. The band will headline the 2007 Family Values tour starting in mid-July, with EVANESCENCE, HELLYEAH, ATREYU, TRIVIUM and FLYLEAF also on the bill. The on-sale date for most of the shows is April 28.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Quote:
Heavy rockers Korn have lost a second drummer in just three months, after Terry Bozzio walked away from the band. Bozzio, who had worked with Frank Zappa in the past, stepped in last December when David Silveria left to take a break from music.

Bozzio performed on the band's next album, but has now left - leaving Korn
looking for another new drummer in time for their Family Values tour in July.

link:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/04/06/korn_loses_another_drummer

I still think the record will be interesting to listen to with Terry on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:17 pm 

BillyDaMt wrote:
PappaWas1975 wrote:
Bozzio is now playing in Korn is he not?

Isaac wrote:

PappaWas1975 wrote:

Quote:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Quote:
Heavy rockers Korn have lost a second drummer in just three months, after Terry Bozzio walked away from the band. Bozzio, who had worked with Frank Zappa in the past, stepped in last December when David Silveria left to take a break from music.

Bozzio performed on the band's next album, but has now left - leaving Korn
looking for another new drummer in time for their Family Values tour in July.

link:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/04/06/korn_loses_another_drummer

I still think the record will be interesting to listen to with Terry on it.

Hey. That might be great news if he will be on the ZPZ tour!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:12 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Maybe, I doubt it. I can't imagine being one of the greatest drummers ever and wanting to do yet another tour where he is on stage for 30mins tops. I understand why him and vai did it for these tours, (for Frank) but unlike the ZPZ bands they are guests and I woudn't hold it against them if they had other things to do that entail playing for over an hour on stage. I say guest are guests and we should hope for new ones! And I'm guessing Napoleon is basically a member as he was on the last tours.

Post subject: Okay, okay, okay!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:09 am 

The sister thing didn't make sense. I admit it! I just think it was kind of strange that Bozzio's bio on his web site didn't mention her (not just because she was his wife, but because she was the lead singer for MP). Does anyone know if she was just hanging out at the concert (Zappa in New York) or was she actually doing some singing?

I was never really a huge Dale fan, but it was extremely intriguing when I came across a magazine way back when Missing Persons existed. The magazine was called "Hustler", and Dale turned out to not be a very shy little girl, if you know what I mean. Yes, she was featured on the cover, and did a full spread in the mag.

Of course I bought it.

No, I don't have it any more. It died along with all of my albums during an apartment flood many, many years ago. This vinyl collection consisted of Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, all of the Led Zepplin, Yes, Pink Floyd, Cheech and Chong, and others.

I never fully recovered. Maybe that's why I have a psychotic meltdown ever now and then type things like "sister" and "pickle". Hey, I'm getting help, bare with me.

Post subject: Re: Okay, okay, okay!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:34 am 
Banned

Punky64 wrote:
The sister thing didn't make sense. I admit it! I just think it was kind of strange that Bozzio's bio on his web site didn't mention her (not just because she was his wife, but because she was the lead singer for MP). Does anyone know if she was just hanging out at the concert (Zappa in New York) or was she actually doing some singing?

I was never really a huge Dale fan, but it was extremely intriguing when I came across a magazine way back when Missing Persons existed. The magazine was called "Hustler", and Dale turned out to not be a very shy little girl, if you know what I mean. Yes, she was featured on the cover, and did a full spread in the mag.

Of course I bought it.

No, I don't have it any more. It died along with all of my albums during an apartment flood many, many years ago. This vinyl collection consisted of Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, all of the Led Zepplin, Yes, Pink Floyd, Cheech and Chong, and others.

I never fully recovered. Maybe that's why I have a psychotic meltdown ever now and then type things like "sister" and "pickle". Hey, I'm getting help, bare with me.

Bare with you?.....uhhhh.....I'd rather get naked with Dale.....sorry..... 8)

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:23 pm 

All right, Jimmie D. That's it! You're pissing me off. I hate it when someone totally shows me up. It's official. You're my new hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:17 am 

Grimpoteuthis wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Maybe, I doubt it. I can't imagine being one of the greatest drummers ever and wanting to do yet another tour where he is on stage for 30mins tops.

I understand why him and vai did it for these tours, (for Frank) but unlike the ZPZ bands they are guests and I woudn't hold it against them if they had other things to do that entail playing for over an hour on stage.

I say guest are guests and we should hope for new ones! And I'm guessing Napoleon is basically a member as he was on the last tours.

Yes - Terry Bozzio & Steve Vai have their own careers.
Yes - They were Special Guests of ZPZ.
Yes - Their work with FranK Zappa launcehd their careers.

BUT

When your Statment of Reasonig as to why they Yes, Yes, Yes when asked then and No Not Now when they may or may not have even been asked is specualtion that has a bad tone and fowl odor to it.

It think that it was apparent first and foremost that it was

A) For the love of Frank Zappa and his music.
B) They beleived 100% in the Official & Authoritive representation.

Icing On The Cake

In this role I beleive that Dweezil arranged a little something extra for the fans. It was craftfully arranged to Frank's design with the tools and technical skills Bozzio & Vai had at their dispossal in 2006. Vai really reinvented his approach to performing Franks music in a way he was not able to apply in 1982. While The Black Page & Peaches & Regalia reminded us of his ability to perform some of Franks written melodies to perfection his solos in Zomby Woof & Village of The Sun are examples of reinventing his approach to Zappa. Vai has now totally revamped his live performance for his solo career in 2007 and I think that his Special Guest performances with ZPZ may ahve had a little soemthing to do with it. In Terry Bozzio we were able to relive some of that era where he was with Zappa as heard in Advance Romance,The Black Page & I'm So Cute but his drumming on his modern Moon Rover Drum Kit be it in any of the mentioned titles or more paticuarilly his duets with Joe Travers & Regyptian Strut added a new dimention that unfortunately Frank never had a chance to have his baton or reggae hair signs deliver. It was captured for a DVD release and those of us that want to relive what that 2006 ZPZ Band and Special Guests did will be able to buy the DVD. Like Frank Zappa's bands, and I am quite glad, it is time for the ZPZ Band to move on.

Yes

A) Guests are guests
B) The guests were asked to play in ZPZ in 2006.

So if these guests or any are not part of ZPZ in 2007

If you ask these guests what they think of ZPZ 2007 I would henge to bet that they were very happy to be a part of it then and beleive in the ZPZ Core band 100% wherever they themselves or the ZPZ Band are.

I never for a moment asked myself if I should or should not hold anything against Bozzio or Vai wherever they may be in 2007. I don't think it's if they do or do not have other things to do and comparing that to playing for a little over an hour on stage with ZPZ. I hope fans can forget some Alumni Quotient and open their minds to what ZPZ is doing with Franks music.

Just as I said wait and see to all the skeptics in 2005 I now tell anyone questioning anything about ZPZ 2007 wait patiantly with thier eyes and ears wide open. The wait will soon be over. Some of us are basically on the same page I just think it's silly to speculate on the Special Guest scenarios when it's more about Frank's Music.
I'm moving this to the ZPZ 2007 thread where it makes sense.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:31 am 

Bozzio won't be a on this time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:21 pm 

Trendy, re read my post. I said I wouldn´t blame them if they chose not to. I didn´t say I hope to christ they don´t show up. I would love for them to be there as much as any one else. But ZPZ is a band who in my opinion don´t need any help to puton a good show. I personally take an issue with people who are bummed because they´re might not be any guests. Guests or no guests ZPZ is a very tight band. Next time to you anwer the post respond to the word that were written not to your shitty interpretation of them. ¨This sounds like... this smells like..¨Try this IS for a goddamn change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:45 pm 
Banned

On the last ZPZ tour, the Bozo stuff was the only weak part of the show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:01 am 

Terry Bozzio to perform at the Iron Horse
Updated 8:35 AM; Posted 8:34 AM

By Donnie Moorhouse
Special to The Republican

Renowned drummer Terry Bozzio is set to play the Iron Horse Music Hall.

"An Evening with Terry Bozzio" is scheduled for the Northampton venue on Sept. 6 at 7 p.m.

Tickets are $25 and available through the Northampton Box Office at (413) 586-8686 and online at iheg.com.

Bozzio is known for his work with Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Korn, UK, Missing Persons, and others and has been named one of the Top Five Drummers of All Time by Rolling Stone.

The performance is to presented as "music on drums" and include "classical forms & structures, ambient electronic loops, and atmospheric percussion effects."

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... t_the.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:52 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

By Donnie Moorhouse

"An Evening with Terry Bozzio" is scheduled for the Northampton venue on Sept. 6 at 7 p.m.

Tickets are $25 and available through the Northampton Box Office at (413) 586-8686 and online at iheg.com.

Bozzio is known for his work with Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Korn, UK, Missing Persons, and others and has been named one of the Top Five Drummers of All Time by Rolling Stone.

The performance is to presented as "music on drums" and include "classical forms & structures, ambient electronic loops, and atmospheric percussion effects."

Oops...Being from that area, and a regular at The Iron Horse, after first seeing that listing on their website I'm still wondering how in the hell he's gonna fit that drum set on their tiny little stage- with no pun intended at all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:21 pm 

cozylittlefooties wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

By Donnie Moorhouse

Oops...Being from that area, and a regular at The Iron Horse, after first seeing that listing on their website I'm still wondering how in the hell he's gonna fit that drum set on their tiny little stage- with no pun intended at all.

You're going to have to wait seven looooong Month's to find out cozy' :wink: