Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12884
Location: the siege perilous
coevad wrote:





Image

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6552
Calvin -
I just walked out to the car and realized I had forgot my work keys. By the time I walked back to my apartment to get them I forgot what I walked back to the apartment for (momentarily). California just legalized pot. Should I start smoking and will this help or hurt my memory and is it better to remember or forget?

Signed,

Living it up at the Hotel California


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12884
Location: the siege perilous
ha, you forgot that you smoke pot. that's rich.






mngmnt2

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
KUIII wrote:
Calvin -
I just walked out to the car and realized I had forgot my work keys. By the time I walked back to my apartment to get them I forgot what I walked back to the apartment for (momentarily). California just legalized pot. Should I start smoking and will this help or hurt my memory and is it better to remember or forget?

Signed,

Living it up at the Hotel California


(1972 National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse) "Rather than inducing violent or aggressive behavior through its purported effects of lowering inhibitions, weakening impulse control and heightening aggressive tendencies, marihuana was usually found to inhibit the expression of aggressive impulses by pacifying the user, interfering with muscular coordination, reducing psychomotor activities and generally producing states of drowsiness lethargy, timidity and passivity."

Source: Shafer, Raymond P., et al, Marihuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding, Ch. III, (Washington DC: National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse, 1972).

So yeah, go ahead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

Why does a man need a woman?

Sign Me

Mr. Humble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
Plook wrote:
Dear Cal

Why does a man need a woman?

Sign Me

Mr. Humble


Where did you get that idea? It's legal for a man to need a man, a woman to need a woman, and a man to need a woman. These days. But it's still against the law for an ocelot to need a grub worm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12884
Location: the siege perilous
calvin2hikers wrote:
Where did you get that idea?


Image


#duh

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6552
Calvin -
I know it's a man's, man's, man's world but would it really mean nothing without a woman or a girl?

Signed,

On The Scene Like a Sex Machine


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 pm
Posts: 138
Location: USA
When a fish farts, does the fart propel it forward? ......................<poot> ><)))))))))> (um...my attempt at drawing a fish looks more like a turd)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
KUIII wrote:
Calvin -
I know it's a man's, man's, man's world but would it really mean nothing without a woman or a girl?

Signed,

On The Scene Like a Sex Machine


Girls, to do the dishes
Girls, to clean up my room
Girls, to do the laundry
Girls, and in the bathroom
Girls, that's all I really want is girls
Two at a time, I want girls
With new wave hairdos, I want girls
I ought to whip out my,
Girls, girls, girls, girls, girls
Girls, girls, girls, girls, girls
Girls, girls, girls, girls, yeah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
MOOP wrote:
When a fish farts, does the fart propel it forward? ......................<poot> ><)))))))))> (um...my attempt at
drawing a fish looks more like a turd)


Yes. The scientific term is floatulence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

I need a really good pick-up line, what say you?

Sign Me

Needs a Script


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5659
Location: Between the Badges
Howz 'bout...

Image

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
Plook wrote:
Dear Cal

I need a really good pick-up line, what say you?

Sign Me

Needs a Script


Don't listen to Arkay, he's not a registered internet psychiatrist.

How about:

"Was your father a lumberjack? Cause you are giving me wood"

"Is that a mirror in you pocket, cause I can see myself in your pants"

"Do you know what would look good on your ears? Your ankles"

Or (Guaranteed)
"Hi, I'm calvin2hikers from the Zappa forum."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5659
Location: Between the Badges
calvin2hikers wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Do you think people should celebrate their number of posts? In the old days, people would get quirky names added to their count and stars or whatnot. Or if someone got 666 posts they could virtually slaughter a lamb or something. Speaking of which, you are not too far from 11,111 posts. Numerologically, I bet thats cool and stuff. Are you gonna post a happy picture that day? Or are you gonna assume you already are cool by pretending that its not a cool enough thing for you to celebrate?


I figure, what's the big deal? You and about 3 others would be way ahead by now if you hadn't been expunged. I think it just means I have too much time on my hands. And I am not going to furnish a spoiler on my 11111th post. You'll have to wait and see.

Damn, I knew I was gonna miss that, and now we'll probably never know. :(

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Do you think people should celebrate their number of posts? In the old days, people would get quirky names added to their count and stars or whatnot. Or if someone got 666 posts they could virtually slaughter a lamb or something. Speaking of which, you are not too far from 11,111 posts. Numerologically, I bet thats cool and stuff. Are you gonna post a happy picture that day? Or are you gonna assume you already are cool by pretending that its not a cool enough thing for you to celebrate?


I figure, what's the big deal? You and about 3 others would be way ahead by now if you hadn't been expunged. I think it just means I have too much time on my hands. And I am not going to furnish a spoiler on my 11111th post. You'll have to wait and see.

Damn, I knew I was gonna miss that, and now we'll probably never know. :(


I was so drunk in my 11,000-12,000 posts. Blackout period for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

If there are 3 holes no waiting, what is the preferred point of entry?

Sign Me

Outside Now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
Plook wrote:
Dear Cal

If there are 3 holes no waiting, what is the preferred point of entry?

Sign Me

Outside Now


I would say "bubble-gum bubble gum in a dish" could be used effectively here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

What does one do if they are over dosing on Jellyfish?

Sign Me

Just Another Wrangler


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
Put Plook on your ignore list. That should help. I'm not sure if you can ignore yourself though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

If you post and you have yourself on ignore does it make a sound?

Sign Me

Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
Sure, it's like the sound a cartoon character makes when they shake their head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

What is the best way to identify internet Trolls?

Sign Me

Stop the Madness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16352
Plook wrote:
Dear Cal

What is the best way to identify internet Trolls?

Sign Me

Stop the Madness


Fingerprints, blood, DNA, retinal eye scan, genealogical research, hair samples.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 30126
Location: Somewhere in time
Dear Cal

Why is it when you take a week off upon your return instead of having double the work to do, it seems like triple the work.... :?

Sign me up to my eyeballs in alligators... :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group