Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:40 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:35 am 

'S-matter Jimmie, didn't ya like that little bit of damming reality I posted a few minutes ago in the "How to fool a Democrat thread?"

Does an entry into the "How to fool a Democrat" thread always automatically require an entry into your "How to fool a Republican" thread, is that the rule?

I'm not saying it's truly the way it is, but for years it seems reliable that when I post something particularly damming about the Democrats, or about lesser evil voting in general, there are suddenly cartoons posted in older threads that just happen to get drug up which distract from, and tend to "bury" the new information I just posted.

I'm not saying it's intentional, I doubt you'd intentially try to bury true factual information, especially when it involves deaths of US soldiers and hundreds of thousands of our Iraqi brothers...it's probably just coincidence that it consistantly happens.

Of course you have the right to post anything you want, I just thought I'd bring this little reliable pattern to the attention of others, they might be curious to observe it in the future as well.

Carry on :)

PS. We all know not to vote for the big money corrupt Republicans. There's no "fooling" going on there. The question is do we ALL know not to vote for the big money corrupt Democrats...or is there maybe a little "fooling" still going on there, (68% of Dem voters thought the Dems would do something to end the wars (instead of doubling the spending on them), if they voted them in in 06...many of these Dem voters saw what happened since, and learned...have they all learned?

And for those who are interested, here's what I just posted in the other thread, the post which may have caused the lackluster cartoon above (any distraction will do, huh Jimmy, lol). Perhaps I struck a nerve?

baddy wrote:
Please oh please oh pleeeeeeze, let ALL of the lesser evilists learn....

Recenty the Democrats won control of Congress away from the Republicans (majority in BOTH House and Senate), on the promise to end the war.

Instead they doubled the war money sent to Bush to sign off on, and it is still spiraling up...this just in...

Richard Cowan
Reuters North American News Service

"War funding, which averaged about $93 billion a year from 2003 through 2005, rose to $120 billion in 2006 and $171 billion in 2007 and President Bush has asked for $193 billion in 2008, the nonpartisan office wrote."

more here...
http://wiredispatch.com/news/?id=15731

I believe the bulk of the antiwar vote are democrats and EX democrats(like myself), who have learned. Many have learned from the betrayal of the Democrats winning in November 2006...please let the rest of them learn.

What it means in reality is that many voters were manipulated into voting for huge increases in spending on the wars. This was not their intention, but it's the reality of the result.

No more lesser evil...less evil is fucking evil as a bastard these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:51 pm 

baddy wrote:

........ PS. We all know not to vote for the big money corrupt Republicans. There's no "fooling" going on there. The question is do we ALL know not to vote for the big money corrupt Democrats...or is there maybe a little "fooling" still going on there, (68% of Dem voters thought the Dems would do something to end the wars (instead of doubling the spending on them), if they voted them in in 06...many of these Dem voters saw what happened since, and learned...have they all learned?

baddy wrote:

Recenty the Democrats won control of Congress away from the Republicans (majority in BOTH House and Senate), on the promise to end the war.

Instead they doubled the war money sent to Bush to sign off on, and it is still spiraling up...this just in...

Richard Cowan

"War funding, which averaged about $93 billion a year from 2003 through 2005, rose to $120 billion in 2006 and $171 billion in 2007 and President Bush has asked for $193 billion in 2008, the nonpartisan office wrote."

more here...

I believe the bulk of the antiwar vote are democrats and EX democrats(like myself), who have learned. Many have learned from the betrayal of the Democrats winning in November 2006...please let the rest of them learn.

What it means in reality is that many voters were manipulated into voting for huge increases in spending on the wars. This was not their intention, but it's the reality of the result.

I still believe that there are two factors that delay the Democrats from ending the war in Iraq........

1. Not enough votes in both houses to override a Bush veto.

2. The Democrats, particularly those in the south and rural areas haven't found a way to successfully counter the "out of the Republican playbook" ploy of being weak on national security that was successfully used in every election (Congressional and Presidential) from the time of 9-11 through the '06 elections.

Any attempts to cut funding will lead to the second factor. Also what should be noted is that the corporate controlled mainstream news media has been leaving the Iraq war out of the headlines and lead stories leaving the economy as the primary focus now. Even immigration is being left off the headlines or only occasionally mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:09 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
baddy wrote:

........ PS. We all know not to vote for the big money corrupt Republicans. There's no "fooling" going on there. The question is do we ALL know not to vote for the big money corrupt Democrats...or is there maybe a little "fooling" still going on there, (68% of Dem voters thought the Dems would do something to end the wars (instead of doubling the spending on them), if they voted them in in 06...many of these Dem voters saw what happened since, and learned...have they all learned?

baddy wrote:

Richard Cowan

more here...

I still believe that there are two factors that delay the Democrats from ending the war in Iraq........

2. The Democrats, particularly those in the south and rural areas haven't found a way to successfully counter the "out of the Republican playbook" ploy of being weak on national security that was successfully used in every election (Congressional and Presidential) from the time of 9-11 through the '06 elections.

Any attempts to cut funding will lead to the second factor. Also what should be noted is that the corporate controlled mainstream news media has been leaving the Iraq war out of the headlines and lead stories leaving the economy as the primary focus now. Even immigration is being left off the headlines or only occasionally mentioned.

Sure, I might consider those ideas for a second if the majority of Demoncrats didn't vote for every war bill that comes down the pike.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:50 am 

FOWL wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Sure, I might consider those ideas for a second if the majority of Demoncrats didn't vote for every war bill that comes down the pike.

I would'nt say the majority of Democrats voted in favor of every war bill. On the contrary, it was the majority of Republicans who voted in favor of war spending bills every time with just enough of a handful of Democrats defecting giving the votes needed to override any filibuster. I believe it's safe to say that the majority of Democrats did not vote in support of the pro-war bills most of the time. The Republicans have almost unanimously supported all of the pro-war bills everytime.

Either way, it's going to come down to this lesser/greater of the two evils as Baddy states, who will be nominated to run. Factor in the Independants who will sway enough votes one way or the other to give the leadership to one of the two evils. It's been that way in every election for at least the last four cycles (16 or more years). I believe that trend will continue again. Either a Perot type will draw votes away from the Republican nominee or a Nader type will draw away from the Democrat nominee along with a tiny handful of defectors from boh sides.

There won't be a clear winner with a clear lead because the divide is split pretty evenly these days. The next president will be decided with >5-6%* margin of the vote.

>5-6% margin = Independant and/or disenfranchised defector voters that tilt the win towards one of the two evils so to speak.

Personally I loathe politics and am not trying to tell anybody for whom or how to vote. I'm merely suggesting that it won't matter. IMNSHO, I would't mind giving the Dems a chance to control both houses and the White House for a couple of years to see if the can fare better than when Bush and the Repulican controlled Congress and got us into this war, high gas prices, skyrocketing health care costs and most of all, economic turmoil**. If they (Dems) do get that opportunity and fail instead of turning things around, then hopefuly the majority of voters will wake up from the ADD that plagues his country (no thanks to the corporate controlled mass media and other partisan propagandists) and become more Independant minded.

** = what appears will be the predominant issue over the war this time around..

These are my own personal observations and without links to info coming from any news, media, blog, special interest, political, independent outlet ect ect because they all have their own agendas. I believe there are some decent (though mostly not-so-decent) politicians on both sides of the isle and that Independants merely tip the fulcrum or balance of power one way or the other. But wtf do I know? I'm just a music afficianado and not a poli-sci person.

Anyways, enough of my rant on this subject. Politics gives me a migrane. :|

Life will go on and if you actually took the time out of your day to read my lengthier than usual post, thank you and sorry about the migrane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 am 
Banned

baddy wrote:
'S-matter Jimmie, didn't ya like that little bit of damming reality I posted a few minutes ago in the "How to fool a Democrat thread?"

I wouldn't know. I haven't read your post. I don't visit that thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:34 am 

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=25

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I would'nt say the majority of Democrats voted in favor of every war bill. On the contrary, it was the majority of Republicans who voted in favor of war spending bills every time with just enough of a handful of Democrats defecting giving the votes needed to override any filibuster. I believe it's safe to say that the majority of Democrats did not vote in support of the pro-war bills most of the time. The Republicans have almost unanimously supported all of the pro-war bills everytime.

I agree with some of your feelings in your post SPACEBRO, but not all. I've seen some theatrics on the Dem bill passing, putting up arguments and passing bills which they know ahead of time will be veto'd (for the sake of showboating, they can blame it on bush this way), but after all, it's not really money for the troops, it's money for the sponsors, and ifter the showboat bill comes the real one and it get's passed reliably every time, (that's how the spending on the war has gotten doubled after the Dems took over Congress).

Take it from Congressman Kucinich, a Democratic Congressman himself who not only said the Dems have had the power to end the war (since they took over in January of last year), but that they also misled the voters into thinking they were going to end the wars.

KUCINICH (THIS IS A LINK TO A VIDEO): "THE DEMOCRATS HAVE THE POWER TO END THE WAR RIGHT NOW AND THATS WHAT WE SHOULD DO. WERE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO SEND GEORGE BUSH ANY MONEY AT ALL. THE MONEYS IN THE PIPELINE TO BRING THE TROOPS HOME, AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT OUGHT TO BE DONE AT THIS MOMENT." (NOTE, THIS VIDEO WAS NINE MONTHS OF WAR AGO)

Also here's another link to a Kucinich quote about the Dem betrayal which got them control of Congress...

KUCINICH: "THERES A TEACHABLE MOMENT HERE. THIS WAR BELONGS TO THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BECAUSE THEY WERE PUT IN CHARGE BY THE PEOPLE IN THE LAST ELECTION WITH THE THOUGHT THAT THEY'D END THE WAR. WELL THEY HAVENT. THEY HAVE TO STOP THE FUNDING."

Here are some of the typical war money bills, Bush has always been funded, (this also doesnt include the ludicrous increases in Pentagon spending that both the D's and R's are lapping up...it's awful, more for our military than the rest of the world combined...Weapons-R-Us).

Senate Approves $150B in War Funding

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1 ... 59,00.html
Associated Press | October 02, 2007

WASHINGTON - Thwarted in efforts to bring troops home from Iraq, Senate Democrats helped pass a defense policy bill authorizing another $150 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Monday's 92-3 vote comes as the...

US Senate approves Iraq war money with no withdrawal

25 May 2007 00:48:20 GMT
Source: Reuters

WASHINGTON, May 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Thursday, following the lead of the House of Representatives, approved $100 billion in new funds for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan without a timetable for withdrawing combat troops.

By a vote of 80-14 passed the emergency funding bill...

Senate Approves More War Funding

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00202.html

The Senate today passed a defense spending bill that provides an extra $50 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and includes an amendment -- opposed by the White House -- that prohibits the mistreatment of detainees in U.S. custody.

Rushing to complete the bill before leaving for a 10-day recess, senators voted 97-0 _______________________________________

I fully agree with you that there are some good politicians on both sides of the aisle, (and I think slightly more on the Dem side... and the situation is far better in the House (where power is greatly diluted by numbers compared to the Senate,,,the Senate is pretty much shot)). I would further add that good politicians are in the lower levels and have no power, and under the present corporate control of Congress will never have power. Case in point would be Dennis getting pushed out of the Presidential race while the candidates who play ball the MOST get pushed up.

Case in point of getting pushed up is Hillary and Obama, I've posted their identical war appropriations voting records, vote after vote approving the war (and pentagon), money bills. It's not a coincidence they are on top of the heap. It's not a chance at lesser evil to vote for them because....well among other things (including their PROVED IMMORALITY and close ties w/ AIPAC, (Obama answered the same way as Clinton)...here's their voting records... the entries for "Emergency Supplimental" is war money voting, "Defense Department" is Pentagon money.

To show contrast, here's some of the same bills when they were in the House(where Kucinich is). He's voting against the war and Pentagon windfalls...and he's no longer a candidate for President, (what a coincidence).

But as I said, alas Kucinich has been pushed out by the Dems in favor of the asswipes.

Lesser evil isn't less evil anymore, we're guaranteed only asswipes at the top now. I agree with you SPACBRO on yer overall analysis of the state of lesser evil media voting, and I share your thoughts exactly on the ADD epidemic. I personally say we must not vote for the assholes anymore, we must break the chain of assholes by showing them we're capable of not voting for them (they won't change of course until we do that). IMHO we should share w/our neighbors the news that we now have zero tolerance for killing hundreds of thousands of our brothers....whether it's a Democrat asshole running or a Republican asshole running.

We had Bush I, then Clinton, then Bush II, next Clinton?

...And who's next after Hillary?

...Jeb?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:06 am 
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:36 pm 
Banned

Sunni, Shia, who the fuck cares. All the same. They all want to kill us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
Sunni, Shia, who the fuck cares. All the same. They all want to kill us.

Say....new thread idea. "Which would you prefer to drop an airplane on your home, Sunni or Shia?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:35 pm 

Sunni or Shia? Couldn't it be both Sunni and Shia. Wait! Didn't Sunni and Shia sing "I Got You Babe!"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:39 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
Wait! Didn't Sunni and Shia sing "I Got You Babe!"?

Yes...on Sept. 12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:44 pm 
Banned

Nuke them all.

Start over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
Nuke them all.

Start over.

So stoopid, Mr. Rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:56 pm 
Banned

It would work just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:57 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Wait! Didn't Sunni and Shia sing "I Got You Babe!"?

Yes...on Sept. 12.

Well, they won't be singin' All I Want To Do Is Baby Be Friends With You at this point I betcha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:07 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:25 pm 

Great one Jimmie!! :mrgreen:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:24 am 
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:16 am 

Clay Jones

Steve Benson

Tom Toles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:32 am 

Nate Beeler