Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:13 am
Posts: 2272
Location: england
dunno about sellouts but they're boring.

_________________
''minimart - it's basically a scaled-down supermarket, fits inside a petrol station. sells pies, antifreeze..''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:53 am
Posts: 734
Location: Antarctica
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Yes, not to forget the Genesis VW Golf (Rabbit).

Would be fun to run into Phil Collins with that one! :twisted: 8)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 18242
Location: City Of Tiny Lites
Whether they did sell out or not, I don't know, but they did play with Zappa:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Ok, here is the real deal. You will need a FLAC plug-in to be able to enjoy it.

Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa, Interstellar Overdrive Jam

http://rapidshare.de/files/35516235/2_Pink_Floyd_25_Oct_69.flac.html

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 8318
Location: Over there! (last)
The Later Years

Product Details
Original Release Date: November 29, 2019
Number of Discs: 18
Label: Legacy
pre-order: $341.33 (US)

amazon review: On November 29, 2019, Pink Floyd Records will release 'Pink Floyd The Later Years', an 18-disc set (5 x CDs, 6 x Blu-Rays, 5 x DVDs, 2 x 7" plus exclusive photo book and memorabilia) covering the material created by David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright from 1987 onwards. The period generated record sales of over 40 million worldwide and included three studio albums: 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason', 'The Division Bell' and 'The Endless River' as well as two live albums: 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' and 'Pulse'. With additional production from David Gilmour and Andy Jackson, over 13 hours of unreleased audio and audiovisual material, including the sought-after 1989 Venice and 1990 Knebworth concerts, 'Pink Floyd The Later Years' is a must for all fans.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X2M36TF?ref=em_1p_7_im&ref_=pe_848020_443702690

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8855
Location: The Thumb
Did Pink Floyd sell out?

Yes, they sold out numerous venues over the years.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 39844
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
I can count the number of times I have had the privilege to attended Pink Floyd/Roger Waters concerts on one hand.....with a curled up pinky to spare.....

The David Gilmour version for the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour
The Roger Waters version for the Dark Side of the Moon, the Wall and Us + Them

all were spectacular.....and, sold out.....

_________________
Hey Punk, Have You Lost Your Mind Like Rudy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 4243
Location: Locked up in Mexihico
they were only in it for the Money in the end


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 37695
Location: Somewhere in time
I like Pink Floyd and regularly listen to DSOTM & WYWH at least a hand full of times each year in their entirety... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 18242
Location: City Of Tiny Lites
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6982
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Plook wrote:
I like Pink Floyd and regularly listen to DSOTM & WYWH at least a hand full of times each year in their entirety... :smoke:

These are my two favourite Pink Floyd albums as well.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 37695
Location: Somewhere in time
polydigm wrote:
Plook wrote:
I like Pink Floyd and regularly listen to DSOTM & WYWH at least a hand full of times each year in their entirety... :smoke:

These are my two favourite Pink Floyd albums as well.


Yes I have probably heard these thousands of times and when I hit play I still get pumped for each work, they stand the test of time for me... :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 8318
Location: Over there! (last)
PINK FLOYD - THE MAN & THE JOURNEY (Live in Amsterdam 1969)
WAV and FLAC
DOWNLOAD EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

House Announcement in English

Announcer: 'Smoking is not allowed.'
Crowd: <gasps>
One female crowd member: 'BITCH!'
Announcer: 'Yeah, I'm sorry about that as well. Er, the photographers in the front here will have to leave after 6 and a half minutes, give or take, because they are blocking the view of the most expensive seats, and that would be a pity.'
Crowd: <claps>
Announcer: 'And then I got this note that Nicky of the Pink Floyd wrote for us. The concert consists of two parts; it tells the story of a man...'
Crowd: <laughs & claps>
Announcer: '... and the journey he makes. The first part represents 24 hours of his daily life: wake, work, rest, make love, dream and wake again. The second part is about the hardships he suffers and the mysterious ending of the story.'
Crowd: <claps>

01. 'House Announcement'

The Man:
02. Daybreak (Grantchester Meadows)
03. Work
04. Tea Time
05. Afternoon (Biding My Time)
06. Doing It (The Grand Vizier's Garden Party Pt. 2)
07. Sleeping
08. Nightmare (Cymbaline)
09. Labyrinth

The Journey:
10. The Beginning (Green Is The Colour)
11. Beset By Creatures Of The Deep (Careful With That Axe, Eugene)
12. The Narrow Way [Part 3]
13. The Pink Jungle (Pow R. Toc H.)
14. The Labyrinths Of Auximenes
15. Footsteps / Doors
16. Behold The Temple Of Light
17. The End Of The Beginning (A Saucerful Of Secrets)

Total Time: 81m32s

Source: Stereo Soundboard -> Pre-FM Reel-To-Reel Master -> CDR -> FLAC -> Mastering 2020 > FLAC

Recorded Live to 2-Track by the NOS Mobile on September 17, 1969 @ Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, Netherlands for broadcasting by VPRO Radio.

Producer: Han Reiziger (VPRO)
Recording & Mixing engineer: Dick Sleeman (NOS)
Mastering: Prof. Stoned

Prof sez: For a long time, this was one of the most spectacular Pink Floyd ROIO's available. It was finally officially released in 2016 on the Early Years 1967-1972 boxset. This version has been derived from a digital clone of the complete VPRO master, so this is essentially from the same source that camp Floyd used. I mastered this version for myself because the Early Years mastering doesn't do it for me. Also, this version is fully unedited which means it's 5 minutes longer than the official release (granted, half of that is the not rather exciting 'Tea Time' in which the group drank tea on stage). The first 20 seconds are absent on the VPRO master clone and are taken from an old radio broadcast.

'The Man & The Journey' was a suite which was performed live from spring to the fall of 1969. It consists of previously released songs and some at-the-time new material, including a few tracks which ended up on Ummagumma. Evidently, the concept is fairly loose, and this is probably why it didn't stick with the group. Still, this is a fascinating document and with great sound quality, if you consider this was made for a radio broadcast in 1969.

WAV and FLAC files (take your pick)

NO PASSWORD

DOWNLOAD EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4f7dc1 ... 052/cd32cd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 8318
Location: Over there! (last)
PINK FLOYD - AT POMPEII
WAV and FLAC
DOWNLOAD EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

01. Careful With That Axe, Eugene
02. A Saucerful Of Secrets
03. One Of These Days
04. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
05. Echoes

Total time: 58m13s

Bonus:
06. Careful With That Axe, Eugene (alt. take)
07. Mademoiselle Nobs
08. Film Intro

Total time: 10m31s

Recorded Live to 8-Track and filmed in the Roman Amphitheatre in Pompeii, 4-7 October 1971
Additional recordings made at Studio Europasonor, Paris, 13–20 December 1971

Recording Engineers: Charles Rauchet & Peter Watts
Mixing Engineers: Andy Jackson & Damon Iddins (2016) except 07-08: Paul Berthault
Mastering: Andy Jackson
Remastering: Prof. Stoned (sourced from blue-ray version of the film)

Prof sez:

I've been wanting a to do a version of this awesome document for ages, since I find none of the released versions sonically satisfying. I decided to use the 2016 remix as my source rather than the original stereo mix. The original mix simply wasn't very well done and has always lacked fidelity. It served us well as an accompanying soundtrack to the amazing footage, but as a stand-alone audio document, it's just not doing the performance enough justice. The newly done mix from 2016 was disappointing at first listen. Its high-end is strong enough to kill an ant colony, and seems to have quite noticeable phase issues. Still, I decided to try my hand at making it a more pleasant listen. It seems the shortcomings are as much in the recording as in the mix itself, but after a thorough treatment with my trusted mastering suite, the end result is much better than I initially thought it could be. It's actually damn close to being the brilliant live-album that everybody always knew it could have been.

For completeness sake, I added the three bonus tracks. The last two are taken from the Harvested RevB, which in turn was taken from the Laserdisc edition from the ‘90s.

As for the music, this is simply the defining moment of Pink Floyd as a unit. Everything the band had worked so hard for after Syd's unfortunate demise was paying off in this very moment. It's not unlike The Who's ‘Live at Leeds’; the band simply rose above themselves. However, it comes with the added bonus that the concert was staged and filmed with the most incredible scenery. If you want to convince a noob what the fuss with Pink Floyd is all about, this document would probably be one of your best picks.

WAV and FLAC files (take your pick)

NO PASSWORD

DOWNLOAD EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5eae9134dec4279dcee660bd4a13827920200617091249/8b2390


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 18242
Location: City Of Tiny Lites
S W E E T !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: USA
Image

I prefer the bootleg version of "The Man and The Journey" over the commercially released version.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 39844
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
PINK FLOYD - AT POMPEII
WAV and FLAC
DOWNLOAD EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

01. Careful With That Axe, Eugene
02. A Saucerful Of Secrets
03. One Of These Days
04. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
05. Echoes

Total time: 58m13s

Bonus:
06. Careful With That Axe, Eugene (alt. take)
07. Mademoiselle Nobs
08. Film Intro

Total time: 10m31s

Recorded Live to 8-Track and filmed in the Roman Amphitheatre in Pompeii, 4-7 October 1971
Additional recordings made at Studio Europasonor, Paris, 13–20 December 1971

Recording Engineers: Charles Rauchet & Peter Watts
Mixing Engineers: Andy Jackson & Damon Iddins (2016) except 07-08: Paul Berthault
Mastering: Andy Jackson
Remastering: Prof. Stoned (sourced from blue-ray version of the film)

Prof sez:

I've been wanting a to do a version of this awesome document for ages, since I find none of the released versions sonically satisfying. I decided to use the 2016 remix as my source rather than the original stereo mix. The original mix simply wasn't very well done and has always lacked fidelity. It served us well as an accompanying soundtrack to the amazing footage, but as a stand-alone audio document, it's just not doing the performance enough justice. The newly done mix from 2016 was disappointing at first listen. Its high-end is strong enough to kill an ant colony, and seems to have quite noticeable phase issues. Still, I decided to try my hand at making it a more pleasant listen. It seems the shortcomings are as much in the recording as in the mix itself, but after a thorough treatment with my trusted mastering suite, the end result is much better than I initially thought it could be. It's actually damn close to being the brilliant live-album that everybody always knew it could have been.

For completeness sake, I added the three bonus tracks. The last two are taken from the Harvested RevB, which in turn was taken from the Laserdisc edition from the ‘90s.

As for the music, this is simply the defining moment of Pink Floyd as a unit. Everything the band had worked so hard for after Syd's unfortunate demise was paying off in this very moment. It's not unlike The Who's ‘Live at Leeds’; the band simply rose above themselves. However, it comes with the added bonus that the concert was staged and filmed with the most incredible scenery. If you want to convince a noob what the fuss with Pink Floyd is all about, this document would probably be one of your best picks.

WAV and FLAC files (take your pick)

NO PASSWORD

DOWNLOAD EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5eae9134dec4279dcee660bd4a13827920200617091249/8b2390


:cry: I missed the window! story of my life.....

_________________
Hey Punk, Have You Lost Your Mind Like Rudy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 8318
Location: Over there! (last)
Gray_Ghost wrote:
:cry: I missed the window! story of my life.....
I've reloaded both shows under the same link (WAV files, only). 8)

LINK EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

NO PASSWORD

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/1ab8beade23518e238369cd1ab94c24220200718065408/3978e927ad8b2868ae1bab2ba225011620200718065430/e1e846


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 39844
Location: >>==> Wellington, New Zealand.
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
:cry: I missed the window! story of my life.....
I've reloaded both shows under the same link (WAV files, only). 8)

LINK EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

NO PASSWORD

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/1ab8beade23518e238369cd1ab94c24220200718065408/3978e927ad8b2868ae1bab2ba225011620200718065430/e1e846


Cheers Mr. Nice Guy

I revel in this music

_________________
Hey Punk, Have You Lost Your Mind Like Rudy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:46 pm
Posts: 1188
Location: USA
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
:cry: I missed the window! story of my life.....
I've reloaded both shows under the same link (WAV files, only). 8)

LINK EXPIRES ONE WEEK FROM TODAY

NO PASSWORD

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/1ab8beade23518e238369cd1ab94c24220200718065408/3978e927ad8b2868ae1bab2ba225011620200718065430/e1e846


Thanks for the link! I already have the '69 Amsterdam show, but I like the mix on this! Really loving the Pompeii show!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 pm
Posts: 4243
Location: Locked up in Mexihico
I often listen to my Pink Floyd Works LP

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group