Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:01 pm 

I'm just back from a Pearl Jam concert being held in Arnhem 8) 8) 8) :D It was an excellent experience to see these great rockgiants perform live, and this was the first time in 6 years since they played in Holland. Eddie was very talkative and in a good spirit today and interacted on many occasions, even jumping into the pit near the end of the concert. They needed 5 songs to warm up a bit, but after that the tiger was loose. The relied heavily on louder songs, such as Corduroy, Lukin, World Wode Suicide, Do The Evolution, Save You, Leash etc and did the odd acoustic bit (Man Of The Hour) and a few rarities (A little accapella rendition of Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry, I Got Shit, State Of Love & Trust). They also played Bushleager with Eddie performing with a mask of Bush, poking fun with it, spitting on it and putting it on a mike stand. He justified his actions with 'You may think I'm being hard on him, but what's harder than killing thousands of innocent people?' I think they'll get stoned if they do this overseas. :shock: :lol:

The support act Wolfmother was an awesome surprise, being a cross between Zep and Sabbath. Very eclectic too. These guys really sound promising and with them opening for PJ I think they'll have a golden future, because those who attended it were ecstatic. :D 8)
A downer on the event was that my friend's girlfriend fainted while the support act was playing. But she was doing well eventually (and luckily!)

I'll have a tracklist one of these days along with some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:27 am 

One thing I admire about Pearl Jam is that they record all their live shows and allow the fans to download each show from their web site - $10 a show I think. That is really cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:43 am 

And often they get released too. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:48 am 

Here's the setlist:

Intro Master/Slave
Set 1 Release, Why Go, Save You, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Better Man, World Wide Suicide, Insignificance, Jeremy, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, I Got Id, Lukin, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1 Man Of The Hour, Daughter(Blitzkrieg Bop), State Of Love And Trust, Comatose, Porch
Encore 2 Bu$hleaguer, Leash, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 am 

I've always liked Pearl Jam because when their own material gets weak they're not averse to doing covers and they make sure they do them well. '04 was the last time I saw them -- too long ago for my liking.
They're a really good, basic, all-around rock band and really seem to have no self-deception of becoming superstars at all: they've learned all the realities of 'The Biz' and stayed smart.

--Batchain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 am 

Next time when they come, I'm gonna see them again! :D 8) I hope the concert will see an official release, as they tend to release lots of shows. On the Ten Club site you can download every show, but you have to pay a fee with creditcard, which I don't have. :(
I wonder how Eddie manages to ruin every longsleeved shirt he wears. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:54 am 

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:00 am 

Here are some videos from the concert: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pearl+jam+arnhem

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 am 

Pearl Jam is postponing part of its tour because of coronavirus
By Andy Rose and Hollie Silverman, CNN

Updated 12:59 AM ET, Tue March 10, 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/10/entertainment/coronavirus-pearl-jam-postpones-tour/index.html

Pearl Jam announced they are postponing the North American leg of their 2020 tour due to concerns over the coronavirus.

(CNN) Seattle-based rock band Pearl Jam is postponing the US and Canadian dates of its upcoming tour because of the novel coronavirus.
In a series of tweets Monday night, the music group said that the first leg of its Gigaton 2020 tour has been postponed due concerns over the virus. The first show was scheduled for March 18 in Toronto, with dates to follow in 13 Canadian and US cities.
"It is with deep frustration and regret that we are forced to make this most unfortunate of announcements," the band tweeted Monday night.
The band's website now lists all dates as canceled through the end of April, although international shows scheduled to begin June 23 in Germany are still on. The canceled shows will be rescheduled for a later date, the band said.

The band said it was worried its tour would encourage travel and gatherings of large groups, which health officials have said should be avoided due to the virus.
"Unfortunately, communing in large groups is a huge part of what we do as a band and the tour we've been busy planning for months is now in jeopardy," the band said in a tweet. "We have and will always keep the safety and well-being of our supporters as top priority."
The band said its concerns stem from the impact the virus has had in Seattle, which is in King County, the epicenter of the US outbreak. Schools and businesses across Washington state -- where there have been at least 180 cases and 22 deaths -- have closed as the outbreak has spread.

"Here in Seattle what we are witnessing we would not wish for anyone. What we do wish for the rest of the country is that they can avoid the harsh negative effects of this and retain their sense of community and take care of one another," the band tweeted.
Current tickets will be honored for new dates and Ticketmaster will reach out to ticket holders with more details, a tweet said.