Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 am 

Chicago cop who killed Quintonio LeGrier sues teen's estate for $10 million

(CNN) The Chicago police officer who killed Quintonio LeGrier has filed a lawsuit against the teen's estate.

In a counterclaim filed last week and posted on the Chicago Tribune's website, Officer Robert Rialmo alleges that the 19-year-old whom he shot dead the day after Christmas assaulted him with a baseball bat and caused him to suffer trauma. He's seeking more than $10 million in punitive damages from LeGrier's estate.

Authorities have said LeGrier died from multiple gunshot wounds after the December 26 shooting. His 55-year-old neighbor, Bettie Jones, was also killed. Police have described Jones as a victim who was "accidentally struck and tragically killed." They've described LeGrier as a "combative subject."

LeGrier's father and Jones' family have filed wrongful death lawsuits over the shooting.

The officer's lawsuit says Jones' death was LeGrier's fault, not his.

"The fact that LeGrier's actions had forced Officer Rialmo to end LeGrier's life, and to accidentally take the innocent life of Bettie Jones, has caused, and will continue to cause, Officer Rialmo to suffer extreme emotional trauma," the lawsuit says.

more here :arrow: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/07/us/chicago-police-officer-sues-quintonio-legrier-estate/index.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 am 

That's a new one: kill a guy and then sue his family for making him kill the guy. Cops always win, no matter how bad they are.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:11 pm 

For all you folks who think the cops are always on your side, take a look. Watch it all, it includes the corresponding court case and it's pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmoJvpSGyw

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:15 pm 
Banned

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:30 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
For all you folks who think the cops are always on your side, take a look. Watch it all, it includes the corresponding court case and it's pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmoJvpSGyw

Interesting.

A simple money grab from an out of state ' tourist passing through ' scheme. All police agency's do it and love the out of staters going through their illegal speed traps or unconstitutional DUI roadblocks.
Good that guy knew his shit about the law and even better that not all cops are like those in the video.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:48 pm 

+1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:03 am 
Banned

In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks.

The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks. <---- wake up lefty turds!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:29 am 

Ex-NYPD officer gets no jail time in shooting death

New York (CNN) Former New York City police Officer Peter Liang will not serve jail time in the 2014 shooting death of Akai Gurley in a New York housing project.

Liang was sentenced to 800 hours of community service and five years' probation Tuesday after Judge Danny Chun reduced his manslaughter conviction to criminally negligent homicide in the shooting death of Gurley, 28, who was not armed.

Liang, 28, was found guilty of manslaughter and official misconduct in February for shooting Gurley in the stairwell of a Brooklyn housing project.

But Chun said that for manslaughter to stand, the prosecution had to prove that Liang not only "created a substantial and unjustifiable risk that a death would occur" but also that the the officer "was aware of and consciously disregarded that risk."

"There is no evidence either direct or circumstantial that the defendant was aware of Akai Gurley's presence and still disregarded any risk by firing the weapon," Chun said. "The evidence showed that it was a quick reaction to perhaps a sound, which in my opinion only amounts to failing to perceive a unjustifiable risk."
The prosecution said it will appeal the judge's decision to reduce the verdict.

"My office vigorously prosecuted Peter Liang for manslaughter because the evidence established that his conduct was criminal and the rule of law demanded that he be held accountable for his actions in taking Akai Gurley's life," Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson said in a statement.

"The jury, the voice of the Brooklyn community, agreed and returned the verdict of guilty against Mr. Liang, who is now a convicted felon, forfeited his career as a police officer and must now always live with the fact that he recklessly caused Mr. Gurley's death."

Liang, who was immediately fired after his conviction, on Tuesday apologized to Gurley's family.

"Growing up my parents thought it was a foolish dream that I wanted to become a police officer," he told the court. "When I graduated from the academy it was a dream come true."

He added, "Judge, my life is forever changed. I hope I have a chance to improve."

Gurley's domestic partner, Kim Ballinger, told the court that Liang's reckless actions changed many lives. She described Gurley as a "lovely father" and said their young daughter asks why a police officer killed her father.

"An innocent man was shot and killed due to the reckless actions of a police officer and then, after the shooting, a police officer did nothing to help him as Akai lay bleeding to death on a cold stairway," she said.

Thompson had written the judge with a recommendation of five years of probation, including six months of home confinement with electronic monitoring and 500 hours of community service. Liang faced up to 15 years in prison.

"Mr. Liang has no prior criminal history and poses no future threat to public safety," Thompson said in a statement last month. "Because his incarceration is not necessary to protect the public, and due to the unique circumstances of this case, a prison sentence is not warranted."

Liang, with 18 months on the job, was on patrol in the dark stairwell of a Brooklyn housing project in November 2014 when he fired his gun. The bullet ricocheted off a wall and struck Gurley in the chest. Gurley died at a hospital.

more here :arrow: http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/19/us/nypd-o ... index.html

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:54 am 

‘OK, I’m dead’: Two Georgia sheriffs taser handcuffed man to death in shocking video

A new video has surfaced online showing two Georgia sheriff’s deputies, Samuel Smith and Joshua Sepanski, tasering a handcuffed man to death. The victim’s family said the two officers have faced no punishment and are still working at their department.

The footage came from the body camera of one of the two Coweta County deputies who violently subdued Chase Sherman, a 32-year-old Florida man, as he was sitting in the back of a police car, leading to his death in November of 2015.

After realizing Sherman was dead, both Smith and Sepanski reacted frantically, as one of them is heard saying, “we’re fucked.”

The camera started recording while Smith and Joshua were on the way to the scene. By the time they arrived, Sherman was already in handcuffs, sitting in the back of the family vehicle, desperate to get out.

One of the deputies took out a Taser and threatened to use it on Sherman, who then grabbed it. The deputy tased him several times in response, as the second deputy punched Sherman in the head.

“OK. I’m dead, I’m dead,” Sherman is heard saying after a while. “I quit, I quit.”

However, the officers kept tasing him after he loosened his grip.

“For four minutes and 10 seconds after he said ‘I quit,’ they still tased him and kept him on the ground. That’s torture, and they killed him,” the Sherman family’s lawyer, Chris Stewart, told the New York Times.

30-minute video of the guy being killed, while his parents watch :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKLDWHJ-sA

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:07 am 

A U.S. Citizen is 58 Times More Likely to be Killed by a Police Officer than a Terrorist

Most people have seen the number floating around social media that suggests that citizens are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist, but new data revisions suggest this number was dramatically underestimated.

The lack of accurate official records being kept in the important category of individuals killed by police was met with numerous efforts by citizens. One example, in particular, is http://www.killedbypolice.net. This site is used to more accurately track the number of people killed by cops yearly.

Previously, estimates of citizens killed by police were based on the self-reported data supplied by police departments, compiled into a yearly FBI uniform crime report for “justifiable homicide” by officers.

This information drastically underrepresented the number of people being killed at hands of police officers thus giving an unclear perspective of what is actually transpiring on the streets of America.

New data, as reported by the Guardian, suggests that an average of 545 people killed by police went unaccounted for yearly on average in the FBI data.

The revised estimates put the annual number of people killed by cops at an average of 928 per year over the past eight years; a conservative estimate. This information contrasts with the 461 reported killed by police by the FBI for 2013, a difference of almost 450 killings or nearly 50 percent.

When looking at terrorism, the U.S. Department of State reports that only 16 non-military U.S. citizens were killed worldwide as a result of terrorism in 2013, the most recent year data there was available data.

What this means is that a U.S. citizen is actually 58 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.
Let that sink in for a moment.

You are almost 60 times more likely to have a police officer kill you than to be killed by a terrorist.

While civil liberties are rolled back in the name of “keeping us safe from terror,” under the auspices of the PATRIOT Act and the NDAA, the true threat to American freedom lies not some imaginary foreign boogeyman but rather here on our own streets.

The blue mafia is a much more dangerous enemy to the life, liberty and freedom of every U.S. citizen than the Islamic State, Al-Qaeda and all other terror groups combined.

The genuine threat to America comes not from the outside but from within.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/u-s-ci ... dJBLlpg.99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:51 am 

Miami shooting: Man shot by cops was lying down with hands up, lawyer says

Charles Kinsey lies on the ground with his hands up during an encounter with North Miami police on Monday. He was shot in the leg.

By Joshua Berlinger and Sheena Jones, CNN
Updated 9:24 AM ET, Thu July 21, 2016

(CNN) Charles Kinsey said he was lying in the middle of the street with his arms raised high when police shot him in the leg.

Kinsey, who works for an assisted living facility in North Miami, had gone outside Monday to assist one of his patients who had just had a behavioral incident when police showed up, his lawyer said.

They were called to the scene after they received reports of an armed man threatening suicide, authorities said.

Kinsey said that when police arrived, he tried to explain that he was a behavioral therapist at the nearby facility and that his patient has autism and that he was holding a toy truck, not a firearm.

He then asked his patient, a 23-year-old, to be still and lie down.

"I was more worried about him than myself," Kinsey told CNN affiliate WSVN.

Cell phone video from the scene released by his lawyer, Hilton Napoleon II, shows Kinsey lying on the ground with his arms raised and another man sitting cross-legged next to him.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not gonna shoot me, that's what I'm thinking," Kinsey said.

"Wow, was I wrong."

A second video provided by Napoleon shows Kinsey lying in the road, on his stomach and handcuffed. It's not clear if there is video of the actual shooting and what happened between the two videos provided by the lawyer.

North Miami Police said in a news release that they are investigating the shooting and have asked potential witnesses to come forward with any photos or video they may have from the incident.

The officers who arrived "attempted to negotiate with the two men on the scene."

At some point, one of the officers discharged his weapon, authorities said. That officer has been placed on administrative leave, as is the standard procedure.

Kinsey said he was surprised, like when a mosquito bites unexpectedly.

"When he hit me, I'm like, I still got my hands in the air," he said.

"I'm like, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?'" Kinsey said he asked the officer.

"He said to me, 'I don't know.'"

The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is assisting with the investigation, police said.

Kinsey was shot in his right leg after officers fired two or three shots, according to Napoleon.

After the shooting, Kinsey told WSVN he was flipped over and handcuffed.

According to Napoleon, Kinsey laid on the ground for 20 minutes before an ambulance arrived on the scene.

A hospital spokeswoman said Kinsey is in good condition.

"Physically he will recover but mentally he felt like he did everything he could possibly do and that wasn't good enough," Napoleon said.

"You can't shoot unarmed people period."

Kinsey's shooting comes after a pair of officer-involved shootings led to the death of two men, Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, kicking off a period of national unrest and putting the spotlight again on police use of force, particularly against black men.

Eight law enforcement officers have since been killed in separate incidents Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, targeted by gunmen who claimed they were reacting in part to incidents like those that led to the deaths of Sterling and Castile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:32 am 

Location: the secret mausoleum of mankind: fetish miniatures of the suicided races
what... no jpfunk reply?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:07 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Miami shooting: Man shot by cops was lying down with hands up, lawyer says

Charles Kinsey lies on the ground with his hands up during an encounter with North Miami police on Monday. He was shot in the leg.
Police admit mistake - claim they were aiming at the other unarmed man, instead

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/us/north- ... index.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:03 pm 

Judge calls for Joe Arpaio to face charges over alleged ongoing racial profiling

The Arizona sheriff and outspoken Trump supporter allegedly continued his illegal immigration patrols for months after district judge ordered them stopped.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio has failed to turn over records from a secret investigation that his foes say focused
on a district judge to discredit him, after promising to do so. Photograph: Ross D Franklin/AP

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/20/sheriff-joe-arpaio-contempt-charges-immigration-patrols

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:05 pm 

^^ He'll never be held accountable, he's too connected. What a piece of fuckin' work he is...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:41 am 

Location: the secret mausoleum of mankind: fetish miniatures of the suicided races
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ8hkjsEzS0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 am 

Woman calls 911, gets killed by Minneapolis police, source says

(CNN) A woman shot and killed by Minneapolis police had called 911 to report a possible crime near her home, a source who knew her said.

Justine Ruszczyk called 911 on Saturday night because she thought a sexual assault might be taking place in a back alley near her home, the source said.

But after Minneapolis police arrived, an officer shot and killed Ruszczyk.

Police still haven't explained how, or why.

more (or less) here :arrow: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/us/minnea ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Woman calls 911, gets killed by Minneapolis police, source says

(CNN) A woman shot and killed by Minneapolis police had called 911 to report a possible crime near her home, a source who knew her said.

Justine Ruszczyk called 911 on Saturday night because she thought a sexual assault might be taking place in a back alley near her home, the source said.

But after Minneapolis police arrived, an officer shot and killed Ruszczyk.

Police still haven't explained how, or why.

more (or less) here :arrow: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/17/us/minnea ... index.html

Why don't you tell us all what you're doing about it? I don't need to read the story. I've got enough infotainment for the night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 am 

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5