Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7324
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Isn't all this merry banter a little off-topic?

Yes.
So Isaac...do you like "Village of the Sun?"


Well, apparently it was his favourite song on the album, at least on the 7th of September 2008. Presumably, he'd bought it by then.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12234&p=378508&hilit=Village+of+the+Sun#p378508

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6728
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
deuce wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
...
I agree with what you've said LM.
Waka, don't make the mistake of siding up with the supposed 'hero' and 'protector of the forum'. Chris is a good person. If you don't like what he says, just ignore it. None of it is offensive or 'trolling' - just a bit nuts occasionally.
TT
Awwww! nOObs sticking up for one another. (strength in numbers I suppose)
Gives me a nice warmy feeling all over....

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
nOOb wrote:
Its not great reading. END THREAD

Oh...were just getting started!


Two perfect examples of typical internet forum bullying by claim of being a more experienced member. Being new to a forum doesn't automatically mean you're new to life and trying to diminish a person's rôle by putting them down as a noob is just pathetic.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15199
Location: misanthropia
but...
he totally said he wasn't a bully
like
twice AT LEAST.

:?

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12201
Location: EINDHOVEN
Yesterday a blog post dropped into my Tumblr dashboard. It was the reprint of a death threat to one of my heroes. Poor recipient is immensely talented but that didn't stop some SOB from ordering him to kill himself. Recipient is suicidal and it boggles me how much damage that one idiot did, both to a highly talented individual and to all his fans since he had to stop working for some time.

Death is the final station and the worst you can wish upon a person - posting a death threat is beyond low.
You're only digging yourself deeper, Galoot. I'm no LM (or Gail) fan but that doesn't mean you can go ahead and post stuff like that. It's illegal for a reason. In many jurisdictions this is a criminal offense, punishable by prison. In California law, up to a year in prison can be given to a death threat of any kind.

And don't fucking call it a joke. What you did is a criminal offense regardless of motive.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 3910
Location: south midlands, UK
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I miss those long talks about art in chat with you BBP...... remember that??? And I am truly sorry if I have insulted or hurt you in anyway Ms. Ploeg. Life would be better with you as a friend again.....

BBP wrote:
posting a death threat is beyond low. You're only digging yourself deeper, Galoot. What you did is a criminal offense regardless of motive.

Image

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
deuce wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I miss those long talks about art in chat with you BBP...... remember that??? And I am truly sorry if I have insulted or hurt you in anyway Ms. Ploeg. Life would be better with you as a friend again.....

BBP wrote:
posting a death threat is beyond low. You're only digging yourself deeper, Galoot. What you did is a criminal offense regardless of motive.

Image

Now that was fucking funny!!!!!!!
Good one duece!!!!! LMAO!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 3910
Location: south midlands, UK
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Now that was fucking funny!!!!!!!
Good one duece!!!!! LMAO!!!!

OK. I'm ready to move on :smoke:
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
deuce wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Now that was fucking funny!!!!!!!
Good one duece!!!!! LMAO!!!!

OK. I'm ready to move on :smoke:
TT

Let the bromance begin!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:47 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 10205
Location: Anywhere but here
BBP wrote:
Yesterday a blog post dropped into my Tumblr dashboard. It was the reprint of a death threat to one of my heroes. Poor recipient is immensely talented but that didn't stop some SOB from ordering him to kill himself. Recipient is suicidal and it boggles me how much damage that one idiot did, both to a highly talented individual and to all his fans since he had to stop working for some time.

Death is the final station and the worst you can wish upon a person - posting a death threat is beyond low.
You're only digging yourself deeper, Galoot. I'm no LM (or Gail) fan but that doesn't mean you can go ahead and post stuff like that. It's illegal for a reason. In many jurisdictions this is a criminal offense, punishable by prison. In California law, up to a year in prison can be given to a death threat of any kind.

And don't fucking call it a joke. What you did is a criminal offense regardless of motive.


Image

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15199
Location: misanthropia
sorry i haven't been active in this thread for what seems like 2 hours, guys.
it's been a hustle bustle morning.

galoot, what about saturday?

*fingers crossed you don't have plans*

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
jaypfunk wrote:
BBP wrote:
Yesterday a blog post dropped into my Tumblr dashboard. It was the reprint of a death threat to one of my heroes. Poor recipient is immensely talented but that didn't stop some SOB from ordering him to kill himself. Recipient is suicidal and it boggles me how much damage that one idiot did, both to a highly talented individual and to all his fans since he had to stop working for some time.

Death is the final station and the worst you can wish upon a person - posting a death threat is beyond low.
You're only digging yourself deeper, Galoot. I'm no LM (or Gail) fan but that doesn't mean you can go ahead and post stuff like that. It's illegal for a reason. In many jurisdictions this is a criminal offense, punishable by prison. In California law, up to a year in prison can be given to a death threat of any kind.

And don't fucking call it a joke. What you did is a criminal offense regardless of motive.


Image

lolololololololololololololololol

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 4237
I don't want to know!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
lapsed maps wrote:
sorry i haven't been active in this thread for what seems like 2 hours, guys.
it's been a hustle bustle morning.

galoot, what about saturday?

*fingers crossed you don't have plans*

firing up the hot air balloon right now!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15199
Location: misanthropia
wait
you mean you...

WHAT?

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:
Yesterday a blog post dropped into my Tumblr dashboard. It was the reprint of a death threat to one of my heroes. Poor recipient is immensely talented but that didn't stop some SOB from ordering him to kill himself. Recipient is suicidal and it boggles me how much damage that one idiot did, both to a highly talented individual and to all his fans since he had to stop working for some time.

Death is the final station and the worst you can wish upon a person - posting a death threat is beyond low.
You're only digging yourself deeper, Galoot. I'm no LM (or Gail) fan but that doesn't mean you can go ahead and post stuff like that. It's illegal for a reason. In many jurisdictions this is a criminal offense, punishable by prison. In California law, up to a year in prison can be given to a death threat of any kind.

And don't fucking call it a joke. What you did is a criminal offense regardless of motive.

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL CO-LOG-NUH ORDERS ALL NOOBS TO KILL YOURSELVES!!!!!!
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL CO-LOG-NUH HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!
(jk) I need some peanut butter M&Ms

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
No wait a minute.....Saturdays not good... TLC is having a marathon of "The 627 pound Woman" on......can't make it!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12201
Location: EINDHOVEN
Short attention span, Deuce? :)
I don't bother the extra click to read how Galoot swings his axe, but seeing him threaten somebody to death in what you quote from him... even if it's LM, seriously. At the Goose death threats are a reason for instant ban.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
BBP wrote:
Short attention span, Deuce? :)
I don't bother the extra click to read how Galoot swings his axe, but seeing him threaten somebody to death in what you quote from him... even if it's LM, seriously. At the Goose death threats are a reason for instant ban.

Death threats?? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! You are funny!!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 3910
Location: south midlands, UK
BBP wrote:
Short attention span, Deuce? :)

that's blokes...
A number of years ago I had a bit of a punch up in a pub (he started it), and I got ejected. A few minutes later I started talking this guy outside and asked if he'd seen the guy I had the fight with. He said 'oh was that you?' We got on ok straight after.
I understand what you are saying, but I'm gonna give peace a chance.
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 33009
Location: Somewhere in time
Dam you all are rocking it, I'm on a plane for a couple hours and look at all this productive writing...well carry chaps... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
deuce wrote:
BBP wrote:
Short attention span, Deuce? :)

that's blokes...
A number of years ago I had a bit of a punch up in a pub (he started it), and I got ejected. A few minutes later I started talking this guy outside and asked if he'd seen the guy I had the fight with. He said 'oh was that you?' We got on ok straight after.
I understand what you are saying, but I'm gonna give peace a chance.
TT

After all, its all in good fun!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15199
Location: misanthropia
let's watch the transformation.

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6784
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
I am the great and powerful Co.......its working!! its working

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 33009
Location: Somewhere in time
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
I am the great and powerful Co.......its working!! its working



Dude no small writing you have a very geriatric crowd here... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5228
Language is a virus.


LM...listen to WOIIFTM, for fucks sake. I'm not asking you to obsess over minutia. Collecting Zappa is certainly no worse than correcting grammar. As long as you know what someone means, who cares if they said/spelled it "right"? Write? The point is to communicate.


Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Noobs

You seem new to me because you just came back. I wasn't here for Isaac. I have good timing. From my vantage point the whole Isaac thing seems so unbearably dull. Guess you had to be there. Those were good times for you, eh? You're obviously feeling nostalgic for those days.
You know what I'm nostalgic for right now? I'm nostalgic for what FZ said about nostalgia. (See: The Real FZ Book- Death By Nostalgia).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dom and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group