Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Zappa and Kiss
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:40 am 

[quote author=penguini link=board=albums;num=1087312243;start=15#23 date=06/21/04 at 20:37:56] The power of payola(and cocaine)!  Just amazing! YUCK!<br>[/quote]<br>You had me up until there.  Gene has said on numerous occassions that he didn't even touch alcohol back then, let alone cocaine.<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:15 am 

[quote author=madcow1515 link=board=albums;num=1087312243;start=15#26 date=06/22/04 at 04:40:31]<br>You had me up until there.  Gene has said on numerous occassions that he didn't even touch alcohol back then, let alone cocaine.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hello,<br><br>     Don't get me wrong,I am saying that their whole career was based on the promotion of Casablanca  Records,and Casablanca promoted by giving away loads of cocaine.<br><br>     There is a well known story that says that Casablanca Records' lobby door was guarded by hired guards ,...and if you one of the few privileged and were allowed into the building,the first thing you saw was a large glass ,mirrored table covered with white powder (some say 12 inches deep!),razors,and straws for imbibing!<br><br>      So,even if Gene was not using,his record company was based on coke trade...and I feel that if it weren't based on drugs and sleazy deals, Wicked Lester would not have had THAT many sales ,or groupies.(Besides ,did he ever say that he ,or the roadies ,didn't ply some of those young groupies with a bit of powder? Hmmm...?  He wouldn't personally be using then ,now would he? I am not sure of this groupie ploy being used by him,and yes I do know rock stardom is an aphrodesiac too! So that could be the draw.)But the band ,and Casablanca makes me sick.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:23 pm 

Heh, interesting info!  Wasn't Casablanca a huge disco label too?  That would make the cocaine connection make even more sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:26 am 

[quote author=penguini link=board=albums;num=1087312243;start=15#27 date=06/22/04 at 05:15:17]<br><br>Hello,<br><br>     Don't get me wrong,I am saying that their whole career was based on the promotion of Casablanca  Records,and Casablanca promoted by giving away loads of cocaine.<br><br>     There is a well known story that says that Casablanca Records' lobby door was guarded by hired guards ,...and if you one of the few privileged and were allowed into the building,the first thing you saw was a large glass ,mirrored table covered with white powder (some say 12 inches deep!),razors,and straws for imbibing!<br><br>      So,even if Gene was not using,his record company was based on coke trade...and I feel that if it weren't based on drugs and sleazy deals, Wicked Lester would not have had THAT many sales ,or groupies.(Besides ,did he ever say that he ,or the roadies ,didn't ply some of those young groupies with a bit of powder? Hmmm...?  He wouldn't personally be using then ,now would he? I am not sure of this groupie ploy being used by him,and yes I do know rock stardom is an aphrodesiac too! So that could be the draw.)But the band ,and Casablanca makes me sick.[/quote]<br>Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:36 am 

[quote author=penguini link=board=albums;num=1087312243;start=15#27 date=06/22/04 at 05:15:17]<br><br>Hello,<br><br>     Don't get me wrong,I am saying that their whole career was based on the promotion of Casablanca  Records,and Casablanca promoted by giving away loads of cocaine.<br><br>     There is a well known story that says that Casablanca Records' lobby door was guarded by hired guards ,...and if you one of the few privileged and were allowed into the building,the first thing you saw was a large glass ,mirrored table covered with white powder (some say 12 inches deep!),razors,and straws for imbibing!<br><br>      So,even if Gene was not using,his record company was based on coke trade...and I feel that if it weren't based on drugs and sleazy deals, Wicked Lester would not have had THAT many sales ,or groupies.(Besides ,did he ever say that he ,or the roadies ,didn't ply some of those young groupies with a bit of powder? Hmmm...?  He wouldn't personally be using then ,now would he? I am not sure of this groupie ploy being used by him,and yes I do know rock stardom is an aphrodesiac too! So that could be the draw.)But the band ,and Casablanca makes me sick.[/quote]<br>i've never been a fan of kiss in fact i think they're utter shiter, but i must admit after reading this and how they used coke to get minge kebabs is brilliant....there's nothing like a gram of nose candy to get you into the mood for some right dirty sex with tarts...and with groupies this should  make it all the more fun, i still wouldn't listen to their music though but you have to applaud their deviance. Top marks

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:40 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=albums;num=1087312243;start=30#30 date=06/23/04 at 11:36:13]<br>i've never been a fan of kiss in fact i think they're utter shiter, but i must admit after reading this and how they used coke to get minge kebabs is brilliant....there's nothing like a gram of nose candy to get you into the mood for some right dirty sex with tarts...and with groupies this should  make it all the more fun, i still wouldn't listen to their music though but you have to applaud their deviance. Top marks[/quote]<br><br>Ha,ha!  Those cocaine decisions that they made were a lot of fun for ol' Gene!<br><br>Yep,they were deviant sleezbags.  <br><br>But they sure get the respect today. :o<br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:31 pm 

GENE SIMMONS Announces 'The Vault' Box Set Of Previously Unreleased Solo Recordings
September 4, 2017

Gene Simmons's long-promised box set of previously unreleased solo material, which has apparently had several different working titles over the years — including "Monster" (later used by KISS for the band's most recent studio album), "Alter Ego" and "100" — will finally see the light of day later this year.

In a newly released video message, the KISS bassist/vocalist states: "For the past three years, I've been working on something that I've wanted to share with you my entire life. I've gone through hours and hours of music I've recorded and written over the past fifty years to craft my career-spanning solo recordings box set. It's called 'The Vault'."

He continues: "'The Vault' is one hundred and fifty-plus never-before-released songs I've written, spanning fifty years, going all the way back to when I was fourteen years old, all the way to some of the songs that became KISS classics. Tens CDs right here, all inside 'The Vault'. It's finally ready to bring to you. Yeah, that's right, I said 'to bring to you,' because what I'm gonna be doing is something that's never been done before by any artist or band. I'm gonna hand-deliver 'The Vault' box set to you and to fans like you around the world."

Simmons adds: "I also wanted you to have really cool stuff: an exclusive Gene Simmons action figure, an 'In Gene We Trust' medallion, a beautiful full-color book packed with photos from my peronsal archives, and my stories behind the songs — and a very special surprise item from me to you. You're not gonna believe the things we found."

More information on "The Vault" will be made available at www.genesimmonsvault.com.

Simmons has released two solo albums and also written for and with other artists, including Bob Dylan and Donna Summer.

"I've always written 'outside' stuff," he explained in response to a fan question on his official web site back in 2009. "But KISS is KISS. And that means the outside stuff winds up on solo albums, or I keep it in the drawer."

Simmons's sophomore solo album, "Asshole", sold around 13,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release back in 2004 to land at position No. 86 on The Billboard 200 chart. Like Gene's 1978 self-titled solo album, "Asshole" featured a number of outside songwriting contributions and guest appearances. Bob Dylan and Gene co-wrote the album's "Waiting For The Morning Light". Frank Zappa and Gene share co-writing credit on "Black Tongue" and the Zappa Family, Dweezil, Ahmet, Moon, Gail and Frank Zappa himself sing and play guitar on the song.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-s ... ecordings/