Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:33 am 

Thought I would begin this one by sharing a review of the all new 'Utility Muffin - Stomp Under Foot' guitar fuzz pedal. This pedal is a recreation of Frank's heavily modified Big Muff pedal and yes you hear it on many of Franks amazing albums.

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/revi ... uzz-review

Apparently they did something back in 2016 but good luck finding one now. So here's your chance.

A couple of other interesting Zappa sounding pedals I've picked up are:
The Bubbletron made by Keely Electronics - This get's the sound off 'Ship Ahoy' to a T.
The Dyno my roto pedal also by Keely Electronics - Think 'The Ocean Is The Ultimate Solution' this pedal nails a lot of the cool sounds in that recording.

Next bit of electronics on my Zappa sounds pedal collection will be the Mu-Tron Micro Tron IV which models the famous Mu-Tron III envelope filter that Frank used A LOT. Also I think I might have to grab there Bi-Phase pedal as well when they have some more for sale. Lastly might be the Octovider but even Frank declared he only used one for a minute so that's low on the list.

Please share any other great bits of electronics that can help you get that Zappa sound. Sure I know, there's no one who's going to be able to play like Frank but hey even getting the sounds close is a buzz for this fan.

ROCK ON!!!!