Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm
Posts: 235
Firstly just have to say a couple of things.

1. WHAT????? No 24BIT 96KHZ or higher USB stick to mirror the 77 release????????????? This is a down grade fellow fans. With a CD offering your only getting 16bit 44.1KHz and the differences are mind blowing. I'd argue most Zappa fans are audio fans.

2. Thank you for releasing this important not yet heard set of live recordings, It's a shame people are not getting the benefits of high definition audio like I'm 101% certain Frank himself would have wanted but as long as there out there, it's better than a kick in the nuts and nothing I suppose.

As Frank often declared he loved monster movies, I guess this is a fitting tribute but honestly, most fans would prefer a lower price and the best possible quality release. Take the Roxy box for example, that was a sensation. Cheap trinket masks and gloves are not what the majority of Zappa fans are craving.(correct me if I am mistaken fellow fans.) It's a nice misc option but honestly, most fans would prefer a better price and less bling(again correct me if I am mistaken fellow fans.)

Yep, I purchased the 77 box and love it, especially because it's great audio and on a convenient USB stick(it even had upgrade download files which was a bonus) and yes I'll be there to purchase this set but what would have been more worth while for this fan is say 2 lot's of live unreleased recordings and no mask and gloves. See where I'm going with this??? Fans want the wonderful audio recordings of the great Frank Zappa, not so much the marketing bling. Just wanted to point this out so we can perhaps see more 'Roxy Box Set' and less huge box with stuff a minority of fans will appreciate. We would rather put out money in the audio dept and less in the marketing bling dept. Especially if your not going to release any more USB high definition audio releases, which is a shame because the 77 release was a triumph of audio proportions.

Anyway, glad this will see the light of day, just sad it's not going to be the high definition release it could have been and hey on a final note, why no Frank Zappa high definition BLURAY audio releases yet?????

Faithful fan,
Sean.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 11233
^^Sean, while I understand and appreciate your point of view I see things differently in the following ways.

1) While I like my music to sound good I’m not an audiophile and I suspect most fans aren’t audiophiles either. I’ve always had decent equipment but never top of the line. The factory installed radio/cd player in my car sounds great to me. I’m sure that if money was no object I would upgrade all of my audio playback options but us regular folks who wear tennis shoes and an occasional python boot need to make compromises. Also, in the few opportunities I’ve had to listen to music from a true audiophile system I’ve found myself so aware of “the sound” that I was paying less attention to “the music”.

2) I’m an old soul and an old person (58). I like physical product. I don’t care about downloads or usb sticks. I bought the Halloween ‘77 box but I wouldn’t buy a package like that again because of the usb stick. Put it all on CDs (or a combination of CDs, DVDs, and blu-rays) and I’m in. I really like how the King Crimson boxes are done for example.

3) I like creative packaging and FZ did too. I remember the first time I saw Sheik Yerbouti in a record store (remember those? If you’re under a certain age you probably don’t) and being thrilled by how that glossy photo popped out on the racks compared to the other albums. Same with Joe’s Garage and the interior pages and many other albums FZ or otherwise. I like the masks and whatnot. I suspect these marketing decisions are being driven by Ahmet. One of the great things about FZ is that he wasn’t afraid to be silly even though he was very serious about his music. Ahmet is the heir to FZ’s silliness. I think Joe Travers is also a very important opinion in Ahmet’s ear as to what music is released and possibly even how it is packaged. Joe is a hardcore fan as well as a serious musician.

4) I don’t think we’re being robbed of more music by including extravagant packaging. It seems like we’re getting plenty (thank you, ZFT) and if it costs $20 more because of the packaging BFD.

It might just be an age thing and in how different generations consume music. It seems the downloading option is always going to be there for those that want to do it that way. As for me I’ll take the physical product and the packaging in my hands or on the shelf to the bloody end. Also moving forward, these packages are going to be a lot more interesting to future collectors than a download or a usb stick.

Also Faithful,

Kill Ugly III


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 2124
Location: Plymouth England
Pre-ordered from Amazon priced at £59.85 .

I will still look for a better deal elsewhere .

Hate that packaging .

_________________
" Music is the only religion that delivers the goods " FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 36342
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
tinkamok wrote:
Image

This packaging is total shit !

Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm
Posts: 235
Absolutely, no argument here, physical media is always better than a virtual download but a USB stick is a physical medium.(Most car CD players have a USB slot and getting one that does isn't expensive like it used to be.) What is awesome about what you have put here is the fact you liked Bluray audio(I also have been collecting the King Crimson box sets and the Hi-Def Bluray audio is amazing and beats the vinyl to my ears, I'd love to see that in a Zappa release.)

So there you have it, the win win here would be to go Bluray audio and fit all the concerts on one Bluray and at the highest sample rate. You wouldn't need to have multiple CD's. Guess as someone who always goes for the nicest possible recording(eg, I love SACD's, audio DVD's and of course Bluray audio) you really do get a better listening experience. Like all new mediums it could take some getting used to but for this fan it's well and truly worth it.

I've got Sheik Yerbouti on vinyl and it rocks. For my money, audio mediums go in the following order.
1. Bluray hi definition. 2. Vinyl, 3. DVD Audio, 4.Super Audio CD, 5. CD, 6. Mini-disc, 7. Laser disc, 8. 8-track, 9. Cassette tape. 10. VHS/Beta cassette.

Now the one medium that apparently still beats all those in the great analogue domain is apparently reel to reel but alas that's an expensive way to obtain recordings. Even third generation reel to reel copies go for at least $120 and that's considered cheap. Also I've never found a decent reel to reel machine to even consider going there so it's simply such a fringe medium these days I'll personally pass.

Notice I didn't include USB stick here although I have no animosity towards it, especially if I get high definition files. My only gripe with the medium is I automatically back it up to a DVD or bluray so I can't loose it. That will always be the reason why people like you and I will be winners if there's ever an electrical whirlpool of a take down and data is lost. We have permanent mediums that will not be affected by electromagnetic radiation or simply magnetism and static electricity, while the download generation will loose the lot, which would be incredibly sad, especially if it was the only way you owned your Zappa collection.

It must be put forward and surely even you would agree that a Vinyl beats a CD hands down. Also I find it hard to believe that a single Bluray audio disc would cost more than producing 4 CD's. By the current price of the soon to be released King Crimson in the court of the Crimson King 50th anniversary edition(will contain a Bluray disc and 3 standard CD's(which are redundant with the Bluray so I would have preferred to just get the Bluray on it's own as I already own the 40th anniversary DVD edition. But hey that's the nature of random releases I suppose.)

Anyway, it looks like there are perfectly compromising media options to satisfy both fans, so why not go that way? For this 73 release they could have done a nice box with just the art and instead of a the mask and gloves done a Bluray audio and then everyone is happy(alright vinyl heads, I hear you but seriously you have just gotta hear some hi def bluray audio sometime.)

KUIII wrote:
^^Sean, while I understand and appreciate your point of view I see things differently in the following ways.

1) While I like my music to sound good I’m not an audiophile and I suspect most fans aren’t audiophiles either. I’ve always had decent equipment but never top of the line. The factory installed radio/cd player in my car sounds great to me. I’m sure that if money was no object I would upgrade all of my audio playback options but us regular folks who wear tennis shoes and an occasional python boot need to make compromises. Also, in the few opportunities I’ve had to listen to music from a true audiophile system I’ve found myself so aware of “the sound” that I was paying less attention to “the music”.

2) I’m an old soul and an old person (58). I like physical product. I don’t care about downloads or usb sticks. I bought the Halloween ‘77 box but I wouldn’t buy a package like that again because of the usb stick. Put it all on CDs (or a combination of CDs, DVDs, and blu-rays) and I’m in. I really like how the King Crimson boxes are done for example.

3) I like creative packaging and FZ did too. I remember the first time I saw Sheik Yerbouti in a record store (remember those? If you’re under a certain age you probably don’t) and being thrilled by how that glossy photo popped out on the racks compared to the other albums. Same with Joe’s Garage and the interior pages and many other albums FZ or otherwise. I like the masks and whatnot. I suspect these marketing decisions are being driven by Ahmet. One of the great things about FZ is that he wasn’t afraid to be silly even though he was very serious about his music. Ahmet is the heir to FZ’s silliness. I think Joe Travers is also a very important opinion in Ahmet’s ear as to what music is released and possibly even how it is packaged. Joe is a hardcore fan as well as a serious musician.

4) I don’t think we’re being robbed of more music by including extravagant packaging. It seems like we’re getting plenty (thank you, ZFT) and if it costs $20 more because of the packaging BFD.

It might just be an age thing and in how different generations consume music. It seems the downloading option is always going to be there for those that want to do it that way. As for me I’ll take the physical product and the packaging in my hands or on the shelf to the bloody end. Also moving forward, these packages are going to be a lot more interesting to future collectors than a download or a usb stick.

Also Faithful,

Kill Ugly III


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 11233
One thing that soured me on the usb stick was even though I had a usb slot in my car it wouldn’t play so I could only listen to it at home.

As for vinyl, I pretty much gave it up in the early ‘80’s when CDs first started appearing. I rightly saw CDs as being the next thing and the idea of no vinyl crackles and the ability to put more music on one physical disc seemed like progress to me. It still does. I was so into the idea that I sold my entire vinyl collection so I could buy a $200 CD player. I even sold my turntable. Since then I’ve been perfectly happy with CDs (though I now really like the dvd-audio and blu/ray discs when available).

Around 2005 I came into possession of a good turntable and I thought it would be fun to get back into vinyl too. After collecting 20 or so used albums I questioned why I was going down that rabbit hole again and sold the turntable and traded in the vinyl for more CDs. I like the convenience of CDs. No need to clean them if you take care of them. You don’t need to clean and replace the stylus on a turntable. You don’t have to turn the record over or change it after 20 minutes. The only thing I really miss about vinyl is the size of the artwork and packaging but I’m pretty much over that too as CDs and especially box sets can get really creative and contain a lot of cool stuff (like a FrankenZappa mask :mrgreen: ). I will say that the King Crimson boxes or the recent XTC re-releases (that include a cd and a blu-ray) would be a preferable model but I’m not going to complain too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1208
Location: Earth
KUIII wrote:
One thing that soured me on the usb stick was even though I had a usb slot in my car it wouldn’t play so I could only listen to it at home.

I don't have much experience with playing audio from an usb stick. But my home device seems to be unable to play it continously. There are always gaps between the tracks. Are there home players which don't do that?

BTW my factory installed relatively "modern" CD/radio device in the car does that with CDs too. Therefor I can't stand listening to continuous programs like that. Modern technology can be crap and seems to be mostly for people who only listen to pop music.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2203
Location: Oregon
Taint Ripper wrote:
Complain more.

Look who's talking...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 7058
Location: Over there! (last)
OFFICIAL FREE SAMPLE
The Idiot Bastard Son (Show 1) :arrow: https://youtu.be/AD-peS94zFY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10240
concert mask given out to audience, oct-31-73 ... eyes pop out

Image

Image

from zappa books

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:50 am
Posts: 65
I really wish they'd stick with the Roxy Box format. I guess we can assume that ALL of the Halloween sets will come in this packaging from now on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2203
Location: Oregon
jk666 wrote:
I really wish they'd stick with the Roxy Box format. I guess we can assume that ALL of the Halloween sets will come in this packaging from now on.

They'll probably release it again as just the CDs like they did with Halloween '77. Don't remember how much time passed between the '77 costume/USB stick release and the CDs release, seems like it was a little while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35625
Location: Somewhere in time
So if they gave the mask out at the concert this packaging makes total sense... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2203
Location: Oregon
Plook wrote:
So if they gave the mask out at the concert this packaging makes total sense... :idea:

Except the mask at the concert was likely complimentary, and it isn't the same mask. I doubt anyone would bitch about the packaging if the release cost $30 and they threw in the mask/hands for fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35625
Location: Somewhere in time
cory1984 wrote:
Plook wrote:
So if they gave the mask out at the concert this packaging makes total sense... :idea:

Except the mask at the concert was likely complimentary, and it isn't the same mask. I doubt anyone would bitch about the packaging if the release cost $30 and they threw in the mask/hands for fun.



I wonder if anyone still has the mask from the original show... :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm
Posts: 866
cory1984 wrote:
jk666 wrote:
I really wish they'd stick with the Roxy Box format. I guess we can assume that ALL of the Halloween sets will come in this packaging from now on.

They'll probably release it again as just the CDs like they did with Halloween '77. Don't remember how much time passed between the '77 costume/USB stick release and the CDs release, seems like it was a little while.


I think the CD and the costume/USB set came out at the same time, but the CD is only the actual Halloween show, while the USB set has six shows altogether. Similarly, we'll be able to buy the highlights CD for the current set, but we have to spring for all the plastic crap in order to get all the music.

_________________
Buy some! Now!
https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/MichaelPDawson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 6920
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
I’ve preordered mine from iTunes for AUD37. I have no interest in the box - particularly when they want over AUD150.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2203
Location: Oregon
Shrewnews wrote:
cory1984 wrote:
jk666 wrote:
I really wish they'd stick with the Roxy Box format. I guess we can assume that ALL of the Halloween sets will come in this packaging from now on.

They'll probably release it again as just the CDs like they did with Halloween '77. Don't remember how much time passed between the '77 costume/USB stick release and the CDs release, seems like it was a little while.


I think the CD and the costume/USB set came out at the same time, but the CD is only the actual Halloween show, while the USB set has six shows altogether. Similarly, we'll be able to buy the highlights CD for the current set, but we have to spring for all the plastic crap in order to get all the music.

Good point. I forgot there was that much on the USB, obviously I don't own it, just the CD version.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 556
Location: USA
A bit mysterious. At zappa.com. $29.98 for the single disc. A bit steep. i can wait till October. I may need to get something else from Amazon, will compare prices. if i get a 27 dollar Cd and a 10 dollar book, I do not pay for shipping the book.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2203
Location: Oregon
Plook wrote:
I wonder if anyone still has the mask from the original show... :?:

Very good question!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10240
cory1984 wrote:
plook wrote:
I wonder if anyone still has the mask from the original show... :?:

Very good question!
mine is missing the string

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 35505
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Frank Zappa’s 1973 Halloween shows detailed for costume boxed set
Buddy Iahn | September 9, 2019

Image

Shows recorded live at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago to be released for the first time ever

Throughout the 70’s and 80’s, the iconoclastic composer Frank Zappa put on a series of spectacular, now legendary, shows around Halloween each year to celebrate his favorite holiday. Before settling on New York in 1974 to host his annual costume-clad festivities, which would continue until he retired the tradition in 1984, Zappa, fronting an exciting new band, performed two rousing back-to-back Halloween concerts the year prior at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago. Whereas many of the NYC shows were not recorded due to the musician’s union charging exorbitant fees making it virtually impossible to allow Zappa to record the event, there were no such restrictions at the Chicago show – in true Zappa fashion it was of course taped.

For the first time ever, Frank Zappa’s two complete Halloween shows recorded on October 31, 1973 in Chicago, will be released on October 25th via Zappa Records/UMe, just in time for Halloween. These completely unreleased live recordings total more than four and a half hours and feature songs from across his prolific catalog, including his then just-released 1973 album Over-Nite Sensation and forthcoming 1974 record Apostrophe, as well as early arrangements of compositions like “Penguin In Bondage,” “Dickie’s Such An Asshole” and “Village Of The Sun” that would appear on later studio and live albums.

Continuing the Halloween series that the Zappa Family Trust began in 2017 with the acclaimed Halloween 77 releases, Halloween 73 will be released as a specially designed, limited run four-disc costume box complete with a FRANKenZAPPA mask and gloves, housed in a display worthy box. Produced by Ahmet Zappa and Vaultmeister Joe Travers, the boxed set is rounded out with a 40 page booklet featuring detailed liner notes from Travers and Ruth Komanoff Underwood and Ralph Humphrey, Zappa’s bandmates who played in the shows, and a wealth of never-before-seen photos from the event.

The two full shows will be presented on the first three discs with the fourth disc dedicated to unreleased rehearsals recorded just before the tour started. A single CD version titled Halloween 73 Highlights, which collects together 16 handpicked performances from both shows, will also be available. The concerts were recorded on 1/2″ four-track analog tape which was stored in pristine condition in Zappa’s personal Vault. The tracks were digitally transferred in 96K/24B from the original analog tapes by Travers in 2019 and mastered and remixed by Craig Parker Adams. Both the deluxe boxed set and Highlights album will be available digitally for streaming and download. All boxes pre-ordered via Zappa.com will come with an instant grat download of the song, “The Idiot Bastard Son,” taken from the first show, as well as an additional track at a later date.

After Zappa’s European tour that ended in September of ’73, the ever-restless musician decided to shake up his lineup once again and replaced woodwind and keyboards player Ian Underwood and violinist Jean Luc-Ponty with two new members: Chester Thompson on drums and Napoleon Murphy Brock who supplied vocals, tenor sax and flute. Following a month of rehearsals, the Halloween shows in Chicago marked the second gig for this new lineup. These recordings then represent the first official recording of this new configuration which as Travers writes in the liners, “would become infamous with the shows at The Roxy Theater scheduled for that December in Los Angeles and filmed for all posterity.”

Proceeding the Roxy performances, which can be heard in full on 2018’s The Roxy Performances boxed set, as well as the 1974 double live album Roxy & Elsewhere, it’s thrilling to hear the band dynamics and evolution. As Travers writes, “the music is fresh and going through changes, along with incorporating the new funky rhythms of Chester and the dynamic lead vocals of Napoleon. And with the mallets of Ruth Underwood prominently featured in the instrumentation, Bruce Fowler’s bionic trombone, Ralph Humphrey’s technical wizardry of the drum set, Tom Fowler’s command of the bass and the keyboard mastery of George Duke, it’s a no-brainer that this line-up would go on to be a favorite among fans. The musicianship and chemistry of the personnel blended so well together with the material Frank was writing. It would prove to be a golden period in the history of Frank Zappa and these Halloween shows are proof.”

Band members Ruth Komanoff Underwood and Ralph Humphrey both provide some fascinating insight into what it was like to play with Zappa and some insightful history about these shows in the in-depth liner notes which also feature beautiful live shots and intimate backstage photos. Underwood details Zappa’s desire to constantly change up the musicians he worked with and states, “Frank, though, wasn’t looking back for a moment, but only characteristically ahead, relishing the excitement and challenge at hand. Personnel changes had become routine for him, and he thrived on the new musical possibilities and mix of personalities. It was evident, then and always, that Frank needed to live his life in a state of perpetual transition, a reality that could be as maddening to us as it was exciting for all. However unnerving these constant changes, the exertion made us better players, despite some figurative bumps and bruises.”

These concerts would be the only Halloween shows that Zappa performed in Chicago as the Halloween tradition would start the next year in NYC in 1974 and continue for the next decade. These shows would have the same unbridled, celebratory spirit of the NY gigs that David Fricke of Rolling Stone hailed as “advanced, instrumental ecstasy, cliff-edge improvisation and impromptu theatrical hijinks.”

CD 1: Show 1

1. Happy Halloween To Each And Every One Of You
2. Pygmy Twylyte
3. The Idiot Bastard Son
4. Cheepnis
5. Another Assembly Of Items
6. The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue
7. Kung Fu
8. Penguin In Bondage
9. T’Mershi Duween
10. The Dog Breath Variations
11. Uncle Meat
12. RDNZL
13. Village Of The Sun
14. Ecidna’s Arf (Of You)
15. Don’t You Ever Wash That Thing?
16. Montana

CD 2: Show 1 Continued

1. Dupree’s Paradise
2. Almost Up To Date
3. Dickie’s Such An Asshole
(Show 2)
4. That Greatest Of American Holidays
5. Cosmik Debris
6. We’re Hurtin’ For Tunes
7. Pygmy Twylyte
8. The Idiot Bastard Son
9. Cheepnis
10. I’m The Slime
11. Big Swifty

CD 3: Show 2 Continued

1. The History Of The San Clemente Magnetic Deviation
2. Dickie’s Such An Asshole
3. Another New Event
4. Farther O’Blivion – Part 1
5. Father O’Blivion – Part 2
6. Pervert’s Special Holiday
7. Penguin In Bondage
8. T’Mershi Duween
9. RDNZL
10. Inca Roads
11. Medley: Son Of Mr. Green Genes/King Kong/Chunga’s Revenge

CD 4: Bonus Rehearsals 10-20/21-73

1. The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue (10-21-73)
2. Penguin In Bondage (10-20-73)
3. T’Mershi Duween (10-20-73)
4. Dog Breath (10-20-73)
5. The Dog Breath Variations (10-20-73)
6. Uncle Meat (10-20-73)
7. RDNZL (10-20-73)
8. Magic Fingers (10-21-73)
9. Inca Roads (10-20-73)
10. Father O’Blivion (10-21-73)
11. Cosmik Debris (10-20-73)
12. Big Swifty (10-21-73)


https://themusicuniverse.com/frank-zapp ... boxed-set/

_________________
hey punk let's make justice justice again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2203
Location: Oregon
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
cory1984 wrote:
plook wrote:
I wonder if anyone still has the mask from the original show... :?:

Very good question!
mine is missing the string

Image

Image

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Very nice!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 35625
Location: Somewhere in time
^^^Now that's some cheepnis... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1271
Location: The Short Forest
I'll likely suck it up & order the 4CD box. Will watch the price for another week or so. If the highlights disc was less "greatest hits" and had Dupree's Paradise & Farther Oblivion, I'd probably be able to settle with it. I'd bet the rehearsal disc will be a real gem.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group