Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Beat the Boots Vol IV
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:11 pm 

I do believe I've heard a strong rumour that Beat the Boots vol IV is in the process of being compiled.

(A book project I was attempting to partake in has evolved into the proposed scrapbook to accompany the set, that Ahmet is currently working on.)

I suppose this is where we try to guess what stage the production is at and what form it will take -

a) just about to be released
b) still gathering the bootleg albums
c) maybe built from original sound recordings rather than shitty boots
d) not happening at all, just an excuse to kill the book idea
e) other (please specify).

If it is to happen, what do you hope is in it? It'd be cool if it followed on from 'Road Tapes' - based on popular boots (with the popular boot artwork) but much better recordings - sourced from best quality fan tapes/vault recordings. For example, that double album 'Could this be Joe's Garage Acts IV & V', and the 'Eyes of Osaka' recording.

Your turn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:55 am 

And the correct answer is... E!

I believe this will be a full concert reissued. Similar to the past two CD releases Roxy and ZINY. The reason they will call this Beat the Boots Vol IV will be because they want it to feel like FZ himself created this project by keeping the title consistent with his previous projects.

It simply will be another concert reissued. I have no idea which concert or how it will be presented. Regardless, I'm stoked for the next release! I have yet to be disappointed with these reissues/releases. They sound great (even on my shitty turntable and Toyota speakers.)

What a great time to discover Frank Zappa! I feel very lucky to have all of this music getting 5 star treatment and being available for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:30 am 

HitchHiker wrote:
And the correct answer is... E!

I believe this will be a full concert reissued. Similar to the past two CD releases Roxy and ZINY. The reason they will call this Beat the Boots Vol IV will be because they want it to feel like FZ himself created this project by keeping the title consistent with his previous projects.

It simply will be another concert reissued.

So maybe replacing the Road Tapes series?

As long as it isn't download only, I'm happy. I like to own the artifact.