Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: RSD 2018
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:14 pm 

Just bought my copy in France, it was the US edition instead of the UK/EU edition. I have the same picture as slime posted a few messages before.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:16 pm 

Alternate design on discogs page

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:45 pm 

Maroual wrote:
Alternate design on discogs page

Woah! This one is my fave so far!

Post subject: re: rsd 2018
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:29 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:43 am 

very cool

Post subject: Re: re: rsd 2018
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Hoping to get my hands on a European and a US pressing. Not likely to get more than one US pressing…

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:05 pm 

I think the ZFT are fleecing the fans w/ this release. $35 for a single LP, because it's a picture disc?, and the gimmick of not knowing what your disc will look like? :roll: If it was like standard price, and just black vinyl, I'd probably bite. I have the recent stereo reissue LP, along w/ the mono CD in the Lumpy Money set. So there's just no need for this. Lumpy Gravy Primordial was an excellent release, and rightly priced, this one's just stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:27 pm 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
I think the ZFT are fleecing the fans w/ this release. $35 for a single LP, because it's a picture disc?, and the gimmick of not knowing what your disc will look like? :roll: If it was like standard price, and just black vinyl, I'd probably bite. I have the recent stereo reissue LP, along w/ the mono CD in the Lumpy Money set. So there's just no need for this. Lumpy Gravy Primordial was an excellent release, and rightly priced, this one's just stupid.

I agree, but I'd put the blame at Universal's feet. And I'm a RSD sucker. I agree with all of your points including, especially Lumpy Gravy Primordial!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:50 pm 

Dom wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:

I agree, but I'd put the blame at Universal's feet. And I'm a RSD sucker. I agree with all of your points including, especially Lumpy Gravy Primordial!

Well, AZ has the final say on what gets released. I'm an RSD sucker too, but held out on this one. My local shop has 4 copies, and I feel bad for the owner because they won't sell @ list price, he'll be sitting on those for awhile, and stores can't return them. I think he thought I would instantly buy one. When a 20-25% sale comes up on all new vinyl, I'll might just do him a favor and buy one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:57 pm 

I tried to upload an .jpg image (175 KB) of the picture disc version I bought, but I got an error message that says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Anyhow, side 1 is the drum, and side 2 is the 'Sgt Pepper-esque' cover, with just the front portion of the band, white drum, and the "Mothers" fruits and veggies with a white background.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:01 pm 

Run_Home_Slow wrote:
I tried to upload an .jpg image (175 KB) of the picture disc version I bought, but I got an error message that says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Anyhow, side 1 is the drum, and side 2 is the 'Sgt Pepper-esque' cover, with just the front portion of the band, white drum, and the "Mothers" fruits and veggies with a white background.

You have to use a third party service like Photo Bucket to host the images you post or if you get them on line go to properties and use the url address and past it in the img bracket from the menu on the bar... :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:02 pm 

Run_Home_Slow wrote:
"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Pity - I enjoyed having the massed images as a reference.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:19 pm 

How many of us have got original pressings of WOITFTM?
The oldest I've got of it, is an early 70's UK pressing (don't tell Donald I used his credit card)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:24 am 

Melania Trump wrote:

Recently acquired an original Aussie pressing in as close to mint as I'm ever going to see. Gorgeous, dodgy edits and all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:22 pm 

Melania Trump wrote:

The original sixties pressings of WOIIFTM I have are:
1. the earliest original US stereo pressing Verve V6-5045 REV (heavily censored) with the Mothers sticker.
2. the original Canadian pressing Verve V6 5045X with different censorship
3. the original US mono pressing Verve V 5045 REV-F (normal censored) yellow promo.
4. the original UK mono pressing Verve VLP 9199 (heavily censored)
5. the original German pressing Verve 710012 (heavily censored)
From the eighties:
6. the original CD coupled with Lumpy Gravy, heavily remixed new bass and drums version.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:08 pm 

Dom wrote:
Melania Trump wrote:

Recently acquired an original Aussie pressing in as close to mint as I'm ever going to see. Gorgeous, dodgy edits and all.

Geeze that must have cost sum and rarer than a flying Emu. I've been looking for years for copies of early Aussie Zappa Lp's very hard to find......

Most of my early Zappa stuff is all US/UK releases (think my Cruising with Rubin is a private Italian job thou as it has no Matrix Number) plus a very nice NZ copy of the Mothers Day LP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:38 pm 

Melania Trump wrote:
Geeze that must have cost sum and rarer than a flying Emu. I've been looking for years for copies of early Aussie Zappa Lp's very hard to find......

Most of my early Zappa stuff is all US/UK releases (think my Cruising with Rubin is a private Italian job thou as it has no Matrix Number) plus a very nice NZ copy of the Mothers Day LP

I've been letting go of a lot of my duplicate LPs lately...recently sold off a NZ copy of Hot Rats.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:32 pm 

Shrewnews wrote:
Melania Trump wrote:

I've been letting go of a lot of my duplicate LPs lately...recently sold off a NZ copy of Hot Rats.

Interesting, do you have any Oz copies of early Zappa?