Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: re: roxy box
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10182
spaceresearcher wrote:
... 24bit 48KHz and the Dolby Digital ...


24 bit 8-track box set, $6.95 pre-order at walmart.com


Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: re: roxy box
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 24406
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
spaceresearcher wrote:
... 24bit 48KHz and the Dolby Digital ...


24 bit 8-track box set, $6.95 pre-order at walmart.com


Image


Cheers slime'o, I'm waiting for the mini disc.....

:lol:

_________________
hey punk, what're you doing with that B I G button on your desk?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:51 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 30325
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
just plain doug wrote:
I see, when you click on the pre-order link, at Zappa.com, for the CD box, you can no longer pre-order it!
(amazon.ca is now listing it as "unavailable".)

Well, Amazon.ca now has it listed, again.
And at $18.00 CDN more than they were charging when it got de-listed.
Shop early!

(Zappa.com still is download/stream only. no pre-order for the CDs)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:02 pm
Posts: 170
just plain doug wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
I see, when you click on the pre-order link, at Zappa.com, for the CD box, you can no longer pre-order it!
(amazon.ca is now listing it as "unavailable".)

Well, Amazon.ca now has it listed, again.
And at $18.00 CDN more than they were charging when it got de-listed.
Shop early!

(Zappa.com still is download/stream only. no pre-order for the CDs)


That's weird - I ordered it for $62 iirc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5692
Location: Between the Badges
Double weird - I paid 49 + tax = 52ish on Dec 28

If someone paid $18 less than than that... $31... good deal for 7 cds.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:02 pm
Posts: 170
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Double weird - I paid 49 + tax = 52ish on Dec 28

If someone paid $18 less than than that... $31... good deal for 7 cds.


Is that American or Canadian dollars? My order is from Canada


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 5692
Location: Between the Badges
$US

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm
Posts: 184
Just reading the 'News' section blurb on this incredible looking box set and strongly noted was the fact that (as per practically every other Joe Travers backup of the precious master tapes,) there sampled in the amazing 24bit 96KHz hi-res recording to digital.

Does anyone know if the digital download purchased files are provided in this actual sample rate? (Some of you have purchased the pre-order and received the legendary RDNZL if I'm not mistaken and must know.)

Please let me know.

Anything from the Zappa catalogue with Ruth Underwood or George Duke on it is an absolute must but hey ALL Zappa is a must.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm
Posts: 184
Spaceresearcher wrote:
Just reading the 'News' section blurb on this incredible looking box set and strongly noted was the fact that (as per practically every other Joe Travers backup of the precious master tapes,) there sampled in the amazing 24bit 96KHz hi-res recording to digital.

Does anyone know if the digital download purchased files are provided in this actual sample rate? (Some of you have purchased the pre-order and received the legendary RDNZL if I'm not mistaken and must know.)

Please let me know.

Anything from the Zappa catalogue with Ruth Underwood or George Duke on it is an absolute must but hey ALL Zappa is a must.



As Amazon is only listing 'MP3' I'm guessing where looking at 320KBps MP3's only but I'm hoping perhaps there's an option for WAV files and perhaps those are in hi-def quality????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Roxy box
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:41 pm
Posts: 43
Quote:
As Amazon is only listing 'MP3' I'm guessing where looking at 320KBps MP3's


This was my assumption, hence I ordered the CDs. This release doesn't seem to have the same level of information as Halloween '77. It would be nice to get answers to these questions about options in audio quality. The Halloween WAV files sound amazing!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group