Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What's next?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:31 pm 

The ZFT has released a bunch of stuff recently that we've been waiting on for a long time (Roxy DVD, fall '75 rehearsal tapes, Dance Me This, etc.). This barely scratches the surface of what's still in the vault, though. What are y'all hoping to see a release of next? Here's what I'm looking for:

Road Tapes Venue 4: 5/4/75 Charleston, WV
Resolver + Brutality

Post subject: Re: What's next?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:40 pm 

"Road Tapes Venue 4: 5/4/75 Charleston, WV"

Yes! I was at that show. I hope it includes Frank's sound check solo version of "Who Are The Brain Police?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:54 am 

Personally I am hoping for another dynamite USB stick release.

It was totally thrilling to listen to 6 live concerts in a row with the Halloween 77 release. So if another Road Tapes release is being considered, I'd love to see The Road Tapes Venue 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 released on a nice 32Gig USB stick, complete with PDF material and with that much space, perhaps 48KHz sampling and the ability to place all back stage recordings from those venues if available on there as well.

That would be fantastic. Essentially I'm hoping all material from the coveted vault will be available for all fans and music students world wide. I'm still amazed at the material that Frank didn't release. Amazing.

With the broadcasting studio's works, I'd love to hear more of those. 'Masked Turnip Cyclophany'(not a ZFT project) was a great collection of early work and it was fun listening to the progression. Surely the vault must have some of these early recordings floating around. (Fingers crossed.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 am 

suterb wrote:
Resolver + Brutality
impatient fans can find it on youtube :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 am 

I want to see something we haven't gotten yet, like an '88 band release, containing renditions of tunes that didn't make it to any previous albums. Also, more albums that contain completely unreleased compositions, like on 'FZ For President' from last year, that album had 2 or 3 never-before-heard Zappa compositions on it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 pm 

Hot Rats era P/O :!:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm 

ursinator wrote:
suterb wrote:
Resolver + Brutality
impatient fans can find it on youtube :wink:

I am sure that's right - but an official release would be nice- and the complete Royce Hall performance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 am 

The recording which also had 'The Cheiftains' in it. All I've heard was a snippet from a video that was produced towards the end of Frank's life. That sounded like it was going to be some very interesting music.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:58 pm 

That one is also available on Youtube, search for salad party :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 pm 

I'd love to see obscure studio stuff that never got released, and the odd concert recording from each live band that ever existed. Heck, I once suggested to Gail that she release several shows from every era in a download format, rather than put weird stuff in a box with a single concert. She started into me on bootleg recordings....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am 

I know bits and pieces from nearly every show were officially released, but I'd LOVE to see a full concert release from the '88 band.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:44 am 

Tom29 wrote:
I know bits and pieces from nearly every show were officially released, but I'd LOVE to see a full concert release from the '88 band.

Agreed...were there any multi-night runs that would merit a complete release? I think they played multiple shows at The Beacon in NYC...

Looking at the tour, they played 3 nights at NYC, DC and Philly to start the tour in February. Then 2 nights in Hartford, Boston and Chicago. After that they were all one offs until Wembley's two shows 4/18-19.

http://fzpomd.net/1988/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:41 am 

jk666 wrote:
Tom29 wrote:

Agreed...were there any multi-night runs that would merit a complete release? I think they played multiple shows at The Beacon in NYC...

Looking at the tour, they played 3 nights at NYC, DC and Philly to start the tour in February. Then 2 nights in Hartford, Boston and Chicago. After that they were all one offs until Wembley's two shows 4/18-19.

http://fzpomd.net/1988/

Perhaps...

February 4, 1988 Beacon Theatre, NYC, NY
I : Black Page #2, Dickie's Such An Asshole, When The Lie's So Big, Planet Of The Baritone Women, Any Kind Of Pain, Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk, Sofa, Packard Goose, Torture/Burt/Torture
II : Why Don't You Like Me, Disco Boy, Teenage Wind, Truck Driver Divorce, Who Needs The Peace Corps, We're Turning Again, King Kong, Stairway To Heaven
E1 : Dancin' Fool, Whipping Post, I Am The Walrus, Strictly Genteel

Firsts : Disco Boy, Teenage Wind, Truck Driver Divorce

February 5, 1988 Beacon Theatre, NYC, NY
I : Black Page #2, Chawna In The Bushwop, Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up, OCLT Medley, Trouble Every Day, Penguin In Bondage, Hot Plate Heaven, Montana, City Of Tiny Lites, Pound For A Brown
II : Dickie's Such An Asshole, When The Lie's So Big, Planet Of The Baritone Women, Any Kind Of Pain, Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk
E1 : Catholic Girls, Crew Slut, Andy, Inca Roads
E2 : Illinois Enema Bandit

Firsts : Chawna In The Bushwop, Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up, OCLT Medley, Trouble Every Day, Penguin In Bondage, Hot Plate Heaven, Montana, City Of Tiny Lites, Pound For A Brown, Catholic Girls, Crew Slut, Andy, Inca Roads, Illinois Enema Bandit

February 6, 1988 Beacon Theatre, NYC, NY
I : Stinkfoot, I Ain't Got No Heart, Love Of My Life, Bamboozed By Love, Peaches En Regalia, Heavy Duty Judy, We're Turning Again, Packard Goose, When The Lie's So Big, Planet Of The Baritone Women, Any Kind Of Pain, Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk, Sofa
II : Who Needs The Peace Corps, Torture/Burt/Torture, King Kong, Stairway To Heaven
E1 : The Closer You Are/Johnny Darling, No No Cherry, The Man From Utopia/Mary Lou, Whipping Post, Watermelon In Easter Hay

King Kong interrupted by the mixing console shorting out. Guest appearance by Diva Zappa during The Closer You Are/Johnny Darling, joined by Moon for No No Cherry and then by Ahmet for The Man From Utopia/Mary Lou. Guest appearance by Dweezil during Whipping Post.
Firsts : Stinkfoot, I Ain't Got No Heart, Love Of My Life, Bamboozled By Love, Peaches En Regalia, Heavy Duty Judy, The Closer You Are, Johnny Darling, No No Cherry, The Man From Utopia, Mary Lou, Watermelon In Easter Hay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm 

What about more synclavier stuff?