Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:42 am 

Does anyone know why 'Trance-Fusion' is missing from the big Universal streaming release last week?
I can understand why 'Baby Snakes: The Compleat Soundtrack', 'Halloween' & 'QuAUDIOPHILIAc' aren't included...
...but 'Trance-Fusion' seems like an odd omission - ?

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:11 pm 

enzothebaker wrote:
Does anyone know why 'Trance-Fusion' is missing from the big Universal streaming release last week?
I can understand why 'Baby Snakes: The Compleat Soundtrack', 'Halloween' & 'QuAUDIOPHILIAc' aren't included...

Thoughts?

Could be due to Dweezil's involvement with that album?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 pm 

I think that Trance-Fusion was a general release on Zappa Records and that it is now out of print. I got mine up at shipped from Amazon on its release in 2006, which was already 13 years after it was announced.

Also Dweezil is on Joe's Camouflage, which was in the 2017 releases, but only as kid with Moon wandering into the studio, as Frank soon throws them out. The AZ/DZ contention it did not stop this, nor did it stop the re-release of the YCDTOSA series in 2012 or DHBIM (with the original artwork) which has The Dweez featured, even though the latter came out before AZ epistle.

Since Ahmet now controls the vault releases, hopefully he will remedy this. Getting two dozen boutique CDs re-released by UMe, with what looks like the original artwork, over the next two months is quite the accomplishment. By the time you get through these 33 discs and hopefully soon the complete Baby Snakes show box (16 CDs?), Trance-Fusion should reappear.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:06 pm 

enzothebaker wrote:

Thoughts?

Trance-Fusion has been available to stream since the previous batch of releases, I have been listening to it for months, in fact i am listening via spotify as i write this to you :-)
What i don't understand is why Crux and president are not available to stream? (at least in the uk, don't know about anywhere else)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am 

mistrijah wrote:
Trance-Fusion has been available to stream since the previous batch of releases, I have been listening to it for months, in fact i am listening via spotify as i write this to you :-)
What i don't understand is why Crux and president are not available to stream? (at least in the uk, don't know about anywhere else)

You bring up an important point that I failed to consider: different licensing to different countries.

I'm in the US, and our Spotify has Crux and FZFPresident, but not Trance-Fusion. Nebulous legal stuff, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm 

enzothebaker wrote:
mistrijah wrote:

You bring up an important point that I failed to consider: different licensing to different countries.

I'm in the US, and our Spotify has Crux and FZFPresident, but not Trance-Fusion. Nebulous legal stuff, I guess.

ZFT please sort this out please, there should be no reason for this??????