Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:30 pm 

Seriously. WOWY KAZOWY.

This album is amazing. What you get is a 24bit 96KHz DTS audio production of some Quadraphonic work, Frank was experimenting with and the result brought tears of joy to this fans eyes, not to mention sonic portraits of excellence to my delighted ears.

I'm actually playing this through for the third time and each time I've experience new aspects to the music that I'd always wanted to.

In particular the Waka/Jawaka on here is mind blowing. With my DTS compatible Yamaha sound system, I actually feel like I'm there in the band. I have the drums playing behind me, the guitars coming from either side of me and keyboard sounds all around me. It truly is a wonderful immersive experience and I highly recommend it to fellow fans. For ages I've been unable to get out of the groove of Burnt Weenie Sandwhich for some reason(just really enjoy playing it while carrying out lifes mundane and annoying tasks around the house. Keeps me smiling ok). Now I have it. This pulls you right into the music and makes you want to stay there.

The only scary aspect for some, will be that you require a 5.1 surround sound DTS compatible system to really enjoy the benefits this unique release provides. That said, don't worry you'll be able to hear the new versions of this great music in stereo as you do get a stereo option as well.

This is as close to Vinyl minus the pops and clicks you can get in a Zappa digital medium. So highly recommended I'd advise you sell off your children if you have to to obtain this terrific album. One listen and you will not even notice there gone, it's that awesome.

I'm really looking forward to the live DVD audio album Halloween now as I believe that might be a 24bit/96KHz presentation as well(possibly 24bit/48KHz but hey still far better sonic quality than a standard redbook audio CD and let me just assure you, you WILL be able to tell the difference between 16bit/44KHz and 24bit/96KHz, it's an absolute no brainer).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:04 pm 

Halloween in DTS is good. Zeets is a good drum solo, but to me that one is a bit too much on trying to show off that it's 5.1.