The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:45 pm 

Zappatite: there on the way, my xmas gifts are (mostly) sorted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:34 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Zappatite: there on the way, my xmas gifts are (mostly) sorted

Good idea. I think I'll give my adult sons this for Christmas. We're almost getting to the point where we don't give presents instead of going out to dinner or something. They're both into music (one's a musician and one's a DJ). Of course they know I love Zappa and I've tried to subtly get them into the Cult also (hey, ya know Weird Al really likes Zappa too : )).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:17 pm 

Over the years most of my family member friends and colleagues have had their music collections infiltrated by FZ either by gift or stealth. In the olden days it was via Absolutely Free and We're Only in it for the Money compilation cassettes then Over-Nite Sensation and Apostrophe (') then the Strictly Commercial, Strictly Genteel, Cheap Thrills and Son of Cheep Thrills era with a chosen few getting the You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore Sampler vinyl. More recently it's been Understanding America. This year it was going to be the Roxy dvd/cd, but now a select number of xmas stockings will get Zappatite instead.....they have on idea it's me :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:08 am 

It seems that it has been given a release number, #106. That's a bugger, because I have bought every official release to date. Can I resist buying something I really don't want and accept the hole in my collection? Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of a foolish old man.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 am 

polydigm wrote:
It seems that it has been given a release number, #106. That's a bugger, because I have bought every official release to date.

Even the Baby Snakes download (Official Release #95)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:21 am 

polydigm wrote:
It seems that it has been given a release number, #106. That's a bugger, because I have bought every official release to date. Can I resist buying something I really don't want and accept the hole in my collection? Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of a foolish old man.

Just buy it. When you've bought 105 what's another $10?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:23 pm 

Shrewnews wrote:
polydigm wrote:
It seems that it has been given a release number, #106. That's a bugger, because I have bought every official release to date.
Even the Baby Snakes download (Official Release #95)?
Oops, I forgot about that. I didn't buy that one either, so there was already a hole. The DVD cost me around OZ$20 - I'm not going to pay OZ$55 for the bloody soundtrack.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:28 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Oops, I forgot about that. I didn't buy that one either, so there was already a hole. The DVD cost me around OZ$20 - I'm not going to pay OZ$55 for the bloody soundtrack.

Yeah, I consider myself a completist and a fanboy, and even I didn't shell out for that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:25 pm 

Shrewnews wrote:
polydigm wrote:

Yeah, I consider myself a completist and a fanboy, and even I didn't shell out for that.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:03 am 

tweezers wrote:
Shrewnews wrote:
polydigm wrote:

+1

Ahhhh yeah well I was weak, I got it, ripped it to cd, printed out the guff and put the lot in a jewel case, voilà no gap on my shelf or metaphorical hole in my collection, just in my wallet.....