Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 4461
Location: Over there! (last)
"…and what I'm working on right at the moment is a Synclavier album called 'Dance Me This', which is designed to be used by modern dance groups. It's probably not going to come out until next year." - Frank Zappa, Guitarist Magazine, June 1993


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1236
Location: The Short Forest
Have had this for several weeks now & listened to in full about 4 times. I totally love this album, glad we finally have it. Wolf Harbor suite is probably my favorite. Opening/closing tracks are really great too. This could end up being my favorite synclavier album, up there with JFH & CPIII.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Oregon
Anyone know why this is no longer available? Seems odd that it was only around for about 6 months and now it can't be found for a reasonable price, was this a limited release or something?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1744
Location: Bordeaux, France
cory1984 wrote:
Anyone know why this is no longer available? Seems odd that it was only around for about 6 months and now it can't be found for a reasonable price, was this a limited release or something?


Yeah! What's up with that? I've been saving up my allowance to order it and now it's not available. I also like the Barfko site with the big NOw Available tag for this and when you click on it you get a Not available message....

_________________
"Welcome to the Frank Zappa Memorial Country Club & BBQ" at wgt.com 75 members and counting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1161
Location: Earth
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/frank-zappa-dance-me-this/hnum/8100650?lang=en

I've seen it in stores recently, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Oregon
Thinman wrote:

That's over $40 when its all said and done. I don't really find that reasonable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am
Posts: 1161
Location: Earth
cory1984 wrote:
Thinman wrote:

That's over $40 when its all said and done. I don't really find that reasonable.

Still something I wouldn't call "unavailable".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Oregon
Thinman wrote:
cory1984 wrote:
Thinman wrote:

That's over $40 when its all said and done. I don't really find that reasonable.

Still something I wouldn't call "unavailable".

I was referring to it no longer being available on the official website. When I said that it couldn't be found for a reasonable price this obviously insinuates I'm aware that it can be found elsewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1744
Location: Bordeaux, France
cory1984 wrote:
I was referring to it no longer being available on the official website. When I said that it couldn't be found for a reasonable price this obviously insinuates I'm aware that it can be found elsewhere.


It's available again at Barfko....spent all my allowance on it. 29.00 euros delivered.

_________________
"Welcome to the Frank Zappa Memorial Country Club & BBQ" at wgt.com 75 members and counting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1744
Location: Bordeaux, France
The_Acadian_2 wrote:
cory1984 wrote:
I was referring to it no longer being available on the official website. When I said that it couldn't be found for a reasonable price this obviously insinuates I'm aware that it can be found elsewhere.


It's available again at Barfko....spent all my allowance on it. 29.00 euros delivered.


FINALLY ! Barfko very rudely cancelled my order. So I went to Dave at G&S music in the UK (http://www.gandsmusic.com/)

Got my Dance Me This (Wolf Harbour is amazing), and Road Tapes #3.
Thanks to the Brexit, I got a little more bang for my buck (or more elan for my Euro).

_________________
"Welcome to the Frank Zappa Memorial Country Club & BBQ" at wgt.com 75 members and counting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:37 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 23291
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
I've had a bunch of stuff from G&S over the years, excellent service to the bottom of the world....

_________________
hey punk, where you going with that presidential pardon in your pocket? I, I don't recall.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dance Me This - #100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Oregon
Ran across this recently:
https://www.amazon.com/Dance-Me-This-Frank-Zappa/dp/B010KQITB0
Less than $9 USD if you happen to be an Amazon Prime member, not a bad deal!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group