Post subject: Re: Future releases
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:26 am 

darthpeepee wrote:
Delta Blues

furry lewis.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:28 am 

darthpeepee wrote:
As I'm writing this, I seen Dance Me This was released for pre-order. Wooo! Now let's get some more Road Tapes released.

-Word.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:45 pm 

This stuff always seems to bring ME out as well.... I've been saying it for years...Gail has no clue as far as getting things out...Ok, when FZ first met his untimely demise, I'm sure that things "Barking Pumpkin" related were all put on hold, and they were struggling with a "what to do next" kind of thing...now that things are starting to surface, and at a not so alarming rate, you'd think that the output would become easier to obtain, and that with the easy way to obtain things, you'd be getting something at least every quarter.

It's not that hard Gail...we've been dealing with things that are crappy sounding, I'm sure that some of the existing tapes that have been transferred sound a LOT better than some (most) of the bootlegs that we've been listening to for the past 20 years!

Yeah...the fan base is dwindling...but if you put MORE out with LESS crap, You might rejuvenate some interest!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:50 am 

jeddy wrote:
John Zorn is a pretty deep hole to fall into...
and so is Sun Ra...
try them...

Just started listening to Michael Mantler's Jazz Composer's Orchestra: Update (2014) ECM, if you loved Wazoo (1972/2007) Vaulternative, you might like this too! So I do. (onto track 3, 7 more for me!))

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/the-jazz-co ... _12660.php

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:03 pm 

Times have changed, it is expensive to offer the music for sale and the probable sales are not helping, not to mention technical issues exist, I am also sure that flow issues are a factor.

That being said I am sure the handeling of the product leaves something to be desired, it seems the Roxy project really set everything back and it is still not complete... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:27 am 

GREAT NEWS!!!
Looks like Ahmet will be taking over the ZFT...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20150729

Frank Zappa's Family Plans Massive New Release Schedule

Deal with Universal Music Enterprises will include 'Joe's Garage, the Musical,' 'The Roxy Movie' and 'One Size Fits All' vinyl reissue

Although the final album that Frank Zappa worked on before his death came out earlier this year, the rock legend's family has many more releases planned. A new partnership between the Zappa Family Trust and Universal Music Enterprises will allow for new product releases, film and theatrical productions and trademark licensing.

Some of the items in the works include Joe's Garage, The Musical, the long-fabled Roxy Movie and an orchestra performance of 200 Motels featuring the Los Angeles Philharmonic. The first release will be a remastered edition of Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention's 1974 album, One Size Fits All, which will come out on August 14th on 180-gram vinyl.

The new partnership spans Zappa's creative canon and includes a long-term, global licensing agreement for the artist's entire recorded catalog, as well as a rights-management agreement that covers everything else. Zappa's son, Ahmet – who will be taking over daily operations of the Zappa Family Trust from Frank's widow Gail – has been working closely with Universal Music Enterprise's President and CEO, Bruce Resnikoff, on the partnership.

"This is literally an opportunity of a lifetime for me," Gail said in a statement. "I am universally thrilled with this partnership because the fans will have unparalleled access to Frank Zappa's works. The doors to the vault are now officially wide open."

"The fans of Frank Zappa will have more music and more access – when they want it and how they want it," Ahmet said. "With Universal as our partner, I look forward to bringing to life Joe's Garage, The Musical, the release of The Roxy Movie, the release of the Disney Hall performance of 200 Motels under the baton of [conductor] Esa-Pekka Salonen and so many more projects of this caliber. I couldn't be more excited about the future."

In addition to the One Size Fits All 40th anniversary reissue, the new union hopes to put out more releases before year's end. The Zappa Family Trust began remastering the artists' works from analog masters for vinyl reissues when the rights to his masters reverted back to the family in 2012. That same year, the family also put his discography on iTunes for the first time.

The Zappa family put out Dance Me This, the final album Zappa worked on in his lifetime and the artist's 100th release, last month. A Frank Zappa documentary, helmed by actor-director Alex Winter, is also in the works for a planned 2017 release.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:34 pm 

Two Dozen Rare Frank Zappa Albums to be Widely Released

http://www.jambands.com/news/2017/03/17 ... y-released

and

Two Dozen Rare And Limited Release Frank Zappa Albums To Be Made Widely Available Around The World Physically And Digitally Via Zappa Records/UMe

Many Albums Making Their Streaming Debut And Being Made Available For Download For First Time

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 25278.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 pm 

If you don't have 'em already, buy 'em!