Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:13 am 

nice save, but...
does jay know how tough it would be to
jaypfunk wrote:
take a bath
in an ANYTHING of battery acid?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:06 am 

I mostly agree with jp. I definately don't buy one for "my vault". I play my records. But, I do hate the stickers. Especially on vinyl jackets, which, most of the time, the sticker rips off some of the color. Sometimes, on the old stuff when there is a strong sticker, the paper gets ripped too.
Some used vinyl stores have their own stickers that are about 2 inches x 4 inches, which include a description of the album. It is either on there forever or you have to rip the jacket to remove it. Way worse than a cut-out.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:36 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I mostly agree with jp. I definately don't buy one for "my vault". I play my records. But, I do hate the stickers. Especially on vinyl jackets, which, most of the time, the sticker rips off some of the color. Sometimes, on the old stuff when there is a strong sticker, the paper gets ripped too.
Some used vinyl stores have their own stickers that are about 2 inches x 4 inches, which include a description of the album. It is either on there forever or you have to rip the jacket to remove it. Way worse than a cut-out.

I agree if the sticker is affixed directly to the cardboard, but no reason to freak over a plastic case? :?:

Anyway, I bought the battery acid. But, my son refuses to pour it on me. So, if Jay wants to fulfill his dream, he needs to drive his lip stick wearing ass to TN and pour it on me.

jaypfunk wrote:
Now see my signature and then go take a bath in a vat of battery acid.

You need to check with management on that sig. It looks too big to me, and you need to check some kind of box. We don't want to see that shit all the time. Especially, since it's racist. :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:41 am 

uh
philo...

your son pouring the battery acid on you
would be more like you taking a SHOWER with it -
and not a bath as you were instructed.

now go walk through the jungle with a porkchop tied to your ass.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:47 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
uh
philo...
now go walk through the jungle with a porkchop tied to your ass.

No jungle here. Will the swamp work?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:54 am 

only if you strap a pitbull with AIDS to your back... NARDGARGLER!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:52 am 

Philostopher wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

I agree if the sticker is affixed directly to the cardboard, but no reason to freak over a plastic case? :?:

Agree.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm 

I don't mind the small price tags, when you pull an antique album off the rack that you bought in your youth, it's freaky to see that, in some cases, over fourty year old $1.99 price tag.

However the giant two inch by two inch super buy type ones, to me, are vandalism.....I used to go to great lengths with a hair dryer and solvents to remove those things without damaging the art work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 pm 

Record Store Day Unveils Full List Of 2018 Releases
Mar 6, 2018
•11:44 am PST
•By Scott Bernstein

As reported, Phish will issue Billy Breathes on vinyl and Jerry Garcia’s Run For The Roses is coming to vinyl this Record Store Day (Saturday, April 21). The full list of Record Store Day special releases has been unveiled and includes releases from the Grateful Dead, David Bowie, Frank Zappa, Arcade Fire, Gov’t Mule, Led Zeppelin, Prince, the Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Trampled By Turtles, Neil Young, the Allman Brothers Band, Wilco and many more.

The Grateful Dead will issue 6,700 copies of their February 27, 1969 show at Fillmore West in San Francisco on vinyl. GD drummer Mickey Hart released RAMU last year and the LP will be available on vinyl this Record Store Day. Gov’t Mule will put out 2,000 copies of Girl With No Self-Esteem, a 12″ vinyl featuring two previously unreleased tracks from the Revolution Come…Revolution Go sessions, while Arcade Fire will release 3,000 copies of EP, a 2003 album that preceded Funeral, on vinyl for the first time.

David Bowie’s camp is unveiling three special releases on Record Store Day. A rare 1977 U.S. compilation LP Bowie Now is coming out on white vinyl; Welcome To The Blackout (Live In London ’78) is a previously unreleased 3LP set recorded live at Earls Court in London on June 30 and July 1, 1978; while the first appearance of the full length “Let’s Dance” demo will be available on 12″ vinyl.

Jimmy Page has mined the Led Zeppelin vault to produce two previously unreleased tracks as the “Friends”/”Rock & Roll” 7″ vinyl. As for Prince, The Purple One’s seven-track, single LP version of 1999 has been unavailable on vinyl for 35 years and that will change on Record Store Day. The Chris Robinson Brotherhood are going the live release route by unveiling Raven’s Reels – Knoxville on vinyl featuring the band’s September 24, 2017 performance at the Bijou Theater. Then there’s Trampled By Turtles, who recorded a cover of Tom Petty’s “Wildflowers” that will front a 7″ vinyl with a track from their forthcoming LP on the back, while Wilco will issue 5,000 copies of their November 12, 1996 set at the Troubadour in Hollywood on vinyl. As for Frank Zappa, the Zappa Family Trust will unveil 4,000 copies of Lumpy Gravy: Primordial containing FZ’s first orchestral-only edit of the music sessions recorded at Capitol Studios during 1967.

https://www.jambase.com/article/record- ... 8-releases

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5