Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:45 pm 

interesting post, for what it's worth i must say that i don't like it either, and don't see the point of it, so what if FZ put it together? it's not more then a days work for him, does not meen it should have been released, after the glowing sound of the re issues this is a bit of a let down in my opinion, why do we have to have stuff like this when there is so much other worthy stuff still not released, if they want to release something Frank did himself how about "Dance Me This" ?????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:23 am 

vaultmeister wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong....

He also goes by Vivaldinization at the Steve Hoffman Forum
You can marvel at his expertise here:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showt ... 55&page=39

he also goes by "Raiders" at Zappateers

I'm surprised he's not here at this forum either..........or maybe he is but hasn't chosen to share his love in these parts.

He runs the Zappa Patio? I didn't know that. Thanks.........good to know

You still haven't rectified the impression of this post, and I wonder if you stand by the passive/aggressive sentiment and innuendo that most people have found in it. Your intervention against an honest critic is disturbing, especially because you're working for the estate of a great spokesman for free speech. Some kind of apology/explanation would be much appreciated.

Read Xenu's posts carefully if you need an example of how to incorporate the opponent's perspective in your own understanding.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 am 

mistrijah wrote:
[..] if they want to release something Frank did himself how about "Dance Me This" ?????

+1
Man, since this comes from a digital source, chances are good that it'll be a flawless ZFT release.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:12 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
The Patio is one great base of knowledge.
IMHO, the Patio is even invaluable and still alive thanks to you know who aka Xenu and nobody else.

I also feel immensely honoured each time Joe Travers and Gail Zappa spend time to discuss here with us, even if they do not always agree with some of us (they actually do not have to).
At least, they have contacts with the fanbase, and I think the good choices they made with this impressive 2012 release campaign prove that they do way more than just read us.

Now I really hope that Joe finally understood that it was just one person's impressions on just one release.
Arguing would just not give justice to anybody and would be at best a loss of time.

Now I confess that, it is still not in my plans to buy UA so far as I do not have enough clear and official information about it.
My confused and distorted French mind progressively evolved from the possibility of a compilation made by Universal to a selection made by FZ himself, but I really need to learn more before buying anything.
Many FZ fans in Europe do not even speak English, I do not imagine them randomly spending their money on a product they do not understand in the middle of an economic crisis.
I was really pissed off when I bought the Cheap Thrills series.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:15 pm 

[/quote]IMHO, the Patio is even invaluable and still alive thanks to you know who aka Xenu and nobody else.[/quote]

The sentiment is greatly appreciated, but I should definitely point out that Bossk(r), his predecessors, and everyone here/on ZT/on AFFZ made the site possible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:42 pm 

Maroual wrote:

I also feel immensely honoured each time Joe Travers and Gail Zappa spend time to discuss here with us, even if they do not always agree with some of us (they actually do not have to)...

Hmmm... I used to feel that way before they started occasionally posting. I thought: "Wow, they are not only talking to us, they are probably reading what we have to say and therefore considering the fans". I no longer think this way.

Above, I asked Joe to clarify what he meant by ostracizing a forum member, because near as I could tell (still the case) he has problems with Xenu. Joe doesn't owe me an answer, but I still don't know why he attacked Xenu. I am at least holding on to the hope that Joe didn't simply do it just to attack because he felt like it. Xenu's posts have been polite as near as I can tell and I appreciate the Zappa Patio as an online resource. As vaultmeister, Joe has authority here and since he won't clarify his comments, imo, he has abused that authority.

Now that I have seen ZFT posts long enough to determine that they rarely offer useful information to the fans on this site, the FZologist, the consumer or really anyone or anything beyond the ZFT-as-an-institution, I would prefer it if GZ, Joe and DZ refrain from posting. The results of their posts have been AT BEST: Confusing. From there they go to insulting, to xenophobic, to paranoid, to the above which seems to ultimately be a request that we help the ZFT with a bit of witch-hunting. Drag.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm 

Xenu wrote:
The sentiment is greatly appreciated, but I should definitely point out that Bossk(r), his predecessors, and everyone here/on ZT/on AFFZ made the site possible.
Of course :smurf:

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Joe doesn't owe me an answer, but I still don't know why he attacked Xenu.
Well, I assume that Joe may have just been working very hard on the tapes restoration process and then on the 2012 release campaign, so it is not very difficult to understand how and why his feeling could have been hurt reading a straightforward comment about one of his babies.
I also suspect this non-event is partly due to a few misunderstanding on every side, but we should not take our actions and reactions here and there too seriously, life is too short for pointless disputes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm 

Don't forget, Joe is "out of office" these days, playing gigs with ZPZ. Joining discussions on this forum is probably not on his list of priorities at the moment, which I don't mind.

Th.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 am 

This discussion looks like a dead horse, pretty much like the release itself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:13 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
This discussion looks like a dead horse, pretty much like the release itself.

But I understand Americans so much better now! We're just a bunch of over-sexed idiot assholes who want to censor everything!

Last edited by calvin2hikers on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
But I understand CENSORED so much better now! We're just a bunch of over-CENSORED idiot CENSORED who want to CENSORED everything!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 pm 

Maroual wrote:
Xenu wrote:
Of course :smurf:

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Joe doesn't owe me an answer, but I still don't know why he attacked Xenu.
Well, I assume that Joe may have just been working very hard on the tapes restoration process and then on the 2012 release campaign, so it is not very difficult to understand how and why his feeling could have been hurt reading a straightforward comment about one of his babies.
I also suspect this non-event is partly due to a few misunderstanding on every side, but we should not take our actions and reactions here and there too seriously, life is too short for pointless disputes.

Now there's someone using their head...good job Maroual!

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
But I understand CENSORED so much better now! We're just a bunch of over-CENSORED idiot CENSORED who want to CENSORED everything!

@!**! you, (EXPLETIVE DELETED)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm 

The album has just appeared on spotify if anyones interested.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:14 am 

CD arrived today..........No wiser about America, but Ive only got to disc 1 track 3........So far so good

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 am 

is this release real music or just recorded conversations?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:41 am 

Flea wrote:

Terrific question! Do you have enough space on your mp3 player?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:19 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
Flea wrote:

yeah, why?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:28 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
Flea wrote:

Currently, I have a 250 GB player.
However in the case I would need more space, I know there exists one that can store up to 500GB :

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:18 pm 

Maroual wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:
Flea wrote:

Currently, I have a 250 GB player.
However in the case I would need more space, I know there exists one that can store up to 500GB :

I'm kinda curious what that has to do with his question.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm 

Flea wrote:

The guess right now is music, possibly guitar related. But it's just a guess.

It's a nice business model - don't tell anybody what's in the product, but people but it anyway.

Last edited by calvin2hikers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm 

yeah, just found this:
http://portable-infinite.blogspot.cz/20 ... nding.html

funny though they are releasing a compilation disc if you ask me... I mean, wouldn't fans reather have someother stuff than compilation, even though it was produced by FZ himself??

waste of money, for both sides...

road tapes, on the other hand is grrrreat! :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm 

Flea wrote:
yeah, just found this:
http://portable-infinite.blogspot.cz/20 ... nding.html

funny though they are releasing a compilation disc if you ask me... I mean, wouldn't fans reather have someother stuff than compilation, even though it was produced by FZ himself??

waste of money, for both sides...

road tapes, on the other hand is grrrreat! :smoke:

Sorry, I thought this was the Finer Moments thread for some reason. Yes, Understanding America is a compilation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:36 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I'm kinda curious what that has to do with his question.
Dark Clothes wrote:
Do you have enough space on your mp3 player?
Maroual wrote:
there exists one that can store up to 500GB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 am 

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. I should ask Dark Clothes why it would storage would make a difference whether it's music or conversation.

Geez, I'm all sorts of wrong in this thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next