Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Guitar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:33 am 

Graham wrote:
I really like the guitar solo albums. I hope they release more.
How about the variations on Treacherous like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67mJ91RdwfY

I agree there are some great persona non-grata and ancient armaments out there - Palladium NYC 28 Oct 1978 Early show is a good one.

Some of the commentary in this topic gets the hair real good in the back. As fans we can be rest assured that the Zappa Trust have been excavating the vault, listening to fan input and producing a wide variety of projects.

With Guitar based projects, we can see Frank was unique with composition based performance and album production. Many view the SUAPYG set as the Mt Everest of guitar composition. Zappa clearly went where no man had gone before.

Before the SUAPY productions were released fans would make MIX tape cassettes of tracks where the guitar was clearly deep in the MIX. For myself let's say up to Joe's Garage a 90 tape including Nine Types of Industrial Pollution , Watermelon In Easter Hay and many other compositions over more than a decade of releases.

Seek the path to liner notes on the Halloween 81 box set and you can see as soon as FZ had SUAPYG in the marketplace Think Tank was a potential concept for another guitar based project.

Frank also made note of a Guitar based video project, I believe that mention was in Video From Hell.

Persona Non Grata has always been a place I wanted another Guitar Based project to branch from. High probability of excelent video and audio masters. I have no idea where the next Guitar project fits in the Zappa Trust project schedule but it's amazing to see fans still have a deep rooted interest.

Frank's musicians also have had solo opportunities. While not as often and not always early on making it into official releases, we can hear many of these popping up on several expansive Halloween and other full concert celebrations.

In this last concept, the latest The Zappa Band concerts opening for King Crimson on the 2021 Music Is Our Friend Tour, while The Zappa Band were limited to 45 minutes, as a band opener every musician gets solos. Official The Zappa Band HD Audio recordings on QoBuz.
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/interpreter/the-zappa-band/download-streaming-albums