Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 pm 

One_Adam_Twelve wrote:
I didn't mean to sound "complainy"... it seems we have a enough of that. I'm just super excited to get my copy in the mail. It's hard for me to be patient. I'm always on the lookout for new releases.

I know I'm new here. Sorta. But, I would have expected a thread on a release such as this to be filled with "wow i can't wait to hear all of this quality previously-unreleased-in-this-context material!"

But instead, some people take this opportunity to complain for some reason. And its very evident that those people don't really give a fuck anyways about the actual music or the feeling you get from listening to the music.

And to me, that's just plain sad.

On a more vicious note:
Anyone notice that Trendmonger readily replies to 2-line comments with no less than 80-line responses in most cases?

Talk about a 23-minute torture... I don't think I've ever scrolled down so much and so fast in my life.

And yes. Music IS the best. In any form and in any way you can get it.

Welcome! 8) Music is definitely the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:49 pm 

welcome one adam twelve! i remember that phrase from adam-12, loved that show as a kid. hey, i got that email from the barfies, and just now noticed the background pattern! spiffy curliques with zappa 'staches!pretty funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:01 pm 

... that Fank may never have intended ...
. . . . . . . . . .last edited by editmonger on apr-04-07 9:49 am; edited 25 times in total

one more edit for the world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm 

Ordered on Tuesday, 2 copies as always (one for the shelf, one to be played) - a B I G T H A N K Y O U to ZFT.
Can't wait to get it in my hands (ears)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm 

VCF wrote:
Beefalo:

vcf

I had beefalo last time I was in Wyoming. It was quite good (once I got over the whole bovine-Frankenstein thing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:57 am 

A possible Missing Link to Gail Zappa's Commentary regarding that Vaulternative records will Crush All Boxes may be part of the Conceptual Continuity of Frank Zappa * Buffalo.

For anyone that wants to read about my views on this matter there is a Topic In the Randomonium Area of the Zappa.com Forum entittled

Vaulternative Records Crushes All Boxes
http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11608

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
A possible Missing Link to Gail Zappa's Commentary regarding that Vaulternative records will Crush All Boxes may be part of the Conceptual Continuity of Frank Zappa * Buffalo.

For anyone that wants to read about my views on this matter there is a Topic In the Randomonium Area of the Zappa.com Forum entittled

Just posting it was not enough, eh? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:38 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

Sorry, I've had to scroll past enough of your babble in the last few days hoping to find some relevant posts by other users about the Buffalo release and the '80 tour.

I would never voluntarily subject myself to reading your long-winded meandering posts. However, thank you for not re-posting your earlier post in its entirely. I think at this point, you've made such a fool of yourself that no one cares about your viewpoint on anything. PLEASE GO AWAY PERMANENTLY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:52 am 

mikey could you possibly please start another Buffalo sticky this one is useless I read so much BS to see if there was anyone talking about the release or the 80 tour, or if some had arrived and we got reviews but TM has gone and taken a huge shit all over this board. Is there a way to ban members only around the times of new releases, he seems to stay away on his own otherwise.

-thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:30 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Grimpoteuthis wrote:
mikey could you possibly please start another Buffalo sticky this one is useless I read so much BS to see if there was anyone talking about the release or the 80 tour, or if some had arrived and we got reviews but TM has gone and taken a huge shit all over this board. Is there a way to ban members only around the times of new releases, he seems to stay away on his own otherwise.

-thanks.

This is a great idea. I am an avid collector of live shows and I like to compare and anylize shows because I LOVE FRANK ZAPPA'S MUSIC. As soon as someone does that Shitmonger goes off on one of his tirades.

Yeah Mikey why don't you ban me.
Maybe the ZFT should include an AUD with every Official Release or offer it as a download for $5. Not at all what I want to listen to but the ZFT deserve a little something extra on that whole AUD market. I think it may be against Zappa's artistic integrity but the artist has a rigth to financial compensation for all that stuff. I love how Steve Vai states No Recording Allowed. Plain and simple. All recording is not allowed without express written concent of the artist.

Why do I even bother with some of these forum members.
I may very well "get it" whith some and "not get it" with others when it comes to Zappalogy but why do I even waste my time with these peeps.
:)

Open the Gates!.
Let the stampede begin.

The Stampede Will Crush All BoxesImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:44 am 

Trendmonger wrote:

I may very well "get it" whith some and "not get it" with others when it comes to Zappalogy but why do I even waste my time with these peeps.

No. You "get it" with no one. Don't waste your time with any of us anymore. GO AWAY PERMANENTLY!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:50 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Grimpoteuthis wrote:

-thanks.

This is a great idea. I am an avid collector of live shows and I like to compare and anylize shows because I LOVE FRANK ZAPPA'S MUSIC. As soon as someone does that Shitmonger goes off on one of his tirades.

Yeah Mikey why don't you ban me.
Maybe the ZFT should include an AUD with every Official Release or offer it as a download for $5. Not at all what I want to listen to but the ZFT deserve a little something extra on that whole AUD market. I think it may be against Zappa's artistic integrity but the artist has a rigth to financial compensation for all that stuff. I love how Steve Vai states No Recording Allowed. Plain and simple. All recording is not allowed without express written concent of the artist.

Why do I even bother with some of these forum members.
:)

All bold=edit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:07 am 

Jeff wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

No. You "get it" with no one. Don't waste your time with any of us anymore. GO AWAY PERMANENTLY!!

The Others in regards to the General Consensus or not a Single Other Forum Member here at the Zappa.com and whatever their Parametric digital whole-wheat inter-faith Unnoficial Digital Library or Serfis Geothermal Terpsichorean Ejectamenta has nothing at all to do with Others in the context of my statement.

I don't care to have 1 Watt of Blue Light Parametric digital whole-wheat inter-faith Unnoficial Digital Library or Serfis Geothermal Terpsichorean Ejectamenta shining in my views.

I shine in my own way.

Others in the conext of "I may very well "get it" whith some and "not get it with others" when it comes to Zappalogy on why do I even waste my time with these peeps" reffers to Folklore or Factual referances on "Some Issues" in Zappalogy not those who use there eyes, ears , mouths and assholes on it.

I am going to quote someone who started this thought. I think this individual is a fine and upstanding citizen in the Zappa Community. I have seen him deal with some real shit for several years now. Whiel he occasionallyhas commented on soem ramblings on some various issues that he may stated or protecting soem artist artistic integrity I must say this individual has a calmer attitude than I.

It's not like I get mad at anyone arrund here it's more so just a matter of difference of opinion. I can deal with that. Some folks around here obviosuly can not wherby on accasion insinuating death upon an individual.

Anyhow this individual whose name I wil not reveal really alerted me to an issue I should heed a bit more. He may be watching and if he is I thank him for everything he has done. He knows what I mean. And no it is not Doubleyousee aka Warren Cuccurullo.

Thank you my dear friend in this Zappa Community for your words of wisdom & ethics is something I should make a way of life.

He turned to me and this is what he said:

"You know, it's good to see you "get" where things are at with the ZFT and ZPZ, but I wonder if it's even worth your time trying to reason with some of these idiots? I'm often tempted to post comments on the boards in response to a lot of the incorrect crap that's posted, but I stop and I think to myself that there really is no point."

Open the Gates!.
Let the stampede begin.

The Stampede Will Crush All Boxes

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 am, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:19 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

their Parametric digital whole-wheat inter-faith Unnoficial Digital Library or Serfis Geothermal Terpsichorean Ejectamenta has nothing at all to do with Others in the context of my statement.

Did Frank give you expressed written permission to allow you to bastardize his words?
Talk about misconstruing the Artistic intent of the composer. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:09 am 

Not counting the times he's spelled either word wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:11 am 

how was the buffalo cd disk 80 now 79 :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:15 am 

cleon wrote:
how was the buffalo cd disk 80 now 79 :?

No, it's #80

see here
http://www.zappa.com/fz/discography/2007buffalo.html

:mrgreen:

Trance-Fusion is #79 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:19 am 

one out not bad mikey has fair bit on his old plate

http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/ ... &pc=ZPCD79

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:31 am 

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:36 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

WOW nice one LMAO :shock:

Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peut avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:47 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

their Parametric digital whole-wheat inter-faith Unnoficial Digital Library or Serfis Geothermal Terpsichorean Ejectamenta has nothing at all to do with Others in the context of my statement.

Did Frank give you expressed written permission to allow you to bastardize his words?

A day later and this threads still about Trendmonger. Holy (or wholly) Shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:59 am 

not anymore it's not, WOW Slime!!

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:06 am 

punknaynowned wrote:
not anymore it's not, WOW Slime!!

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Now there's some CC for ya! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

A day later and this threads still about Trendmonger. Holy (or wholly) Shit.

Gee, that's funny I thought it was about how Jayp is going to A/B the Official Release to his Unauthorized recording and how Jayp shouted Thank You ZFT and Fuck You Trendmonger for his first post here. Then again, you could analyze each post in the 13 pages. I just talk boldly.

Many Forum Members have put out a variety of Commentary. You will find many comments that have nothing to do with the Official Product that no one has yet. I personally think my insight on the Official Release is a bit more in line with what anyone her has mentioned. It normally is that way. I am wrong on some issues but most of the tiem I have an alternative opinion that is well, "with it" when it comes to the ZFT & ZPZ. I've been tied to the cross, life threatened by fans who think I am some ZFT Religious Zealot. I just leg go of any skepticism that enables me to see things a bit more clearly than the average Zappa fanatic. I seperateed my Randomonium Thoughts on the release into the radomonium area. I will not update that again. When the CD comes out take a look if any of my insight means anything.

Vaulternative Records Crushes Al Boxes

I am ngoing to take a rest now. Let's just add it one more time for the world, some specific commentary that Frank stated 26 years ago on a Good Friday evening.

So any fan if you have a question about something/anything that may be part of some work-in-progress.

FZ "Read It Aand Weep."

I like surprizes and I will use my favorite pair of ears
on Frank Zappa * Buffalo when I get it.

Thank You ZFT

Who knows, maybe shipping will start Good Friday , 2007

Open the Gates!.
Let the stampede begin.

The Stampede Will Crush All Boxes

Last edited by Trendmonger on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:21 am 

[quote="Trendmonger"] "You know, it's good to see you "get" where things are at with the ZFT and ZPZ, but I wonder if it's even worth your time trying to reason with some of these idiots? I'm often tempted to post comments on the boards in response to a lot of the incorrect crap that's posted, but I stop and I think to myself that there really is no point."[/i]

It would be cool if the ZFT/ZPZ would help us morons "get it."
Sad thing is, I do "get it."
And Trendy only makes it worse.
Anyway, I have patience. Issue product, forge a sense of community, and all will be well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 37  Next