Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:00 pm 

Music Today really has a very good customer service staff. I called today askign when my order may ship and the gal did an inquiry. I received an e-mail from her stating it may ship tommorow 4/4 and that I should get it by Thursday 4/5. By 5 P.M. the system should have shipping information if it makes it out tomorrow . Some poster earlier who communicated Music Today was under the impression that Music Today may have been waaiting for the CD from the ZFT.

While we pay a bit more for the service/shipping methods as compared to the old Barfko Swill days orders can be processed so much faster by Music Today because of the size of the Music Today Operation. Who knows even today barfko Swill may have had to raise shipping rates. Amazon.com can offer Super Saver sometimes even free rates with a $25 purchase on some merch because well they ship Millions and Millions and Millions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:05 pm 

Oh No. Another new release, and reams and reams of Trendmonger. He lurks in the dark corners, just waiting to let you know, he still has an opinion. We Know, We Know...

Gag me with a Spoon, fer sure, like totally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:16 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
tweezers wrote:
Are there 100,000 FZ fans who buy EVERYTHING as soon as its released - doubt it.

... the reference of 100,000 on the day of is only a pipe dream for the moment.

Too bad, Tweezers. Stomped on by Big Brother. You should know there's no dreaming allowed here We is without hope!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:24 pm 

Dio Fa wrote:
Mikey wrote:
timm0 wrote:
yeah, that would be too cruel !

website looks great btw....check out the photos/videos/audio section!

damn quicktime though, i hate that, never loads up for me....

You might want to try updating to the latest version timm0.

The videos are encoded to be as small as possible without looking sucky, and I can't deliver the same quality in Flash video.

Mikey :)
zappa.com

Hey Mikey,

Nice job on the site. I upgraded Quicktime, and Videos still don't work. Is this on your end?

Dio Fa you need another browser than IE7, i tried with Firefox and it work very good. bye good luck

Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peut avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:35 pm 

i finally ordered buffalo! i was having a hard time ordering from safari, oddly enough---but it went through on ie just fine. hmmmmm......

oh, trendmonger, please.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:40 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb

I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. It is common for top engineering studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get some great engineers involved. Not that Dweezil is an engineering slouch by any means. The ZFT bake the Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these engineers need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio where he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. CD technology and MP3 will soon die. Things have adn will continue to move towards HD Audio. That is what predominantly Frank Fillipetti works with. Get used to that Keyword, HD Audio. In 2007 you will be hearing that alot more.

High Definition Audio..............

TRANCE-FUSION

I do not call a Pirated Cassette from the UMRK Soundboard a UMRK Master. The Trance Fusion CD that was released back in October of 2006 is from a new Master. That Pirated Audio Cassete that was Traded is from a totally different master or made direclty from several build reels. I am sure you are aware of that.

But it STILL came out of the kitchen. I win again.

Jayp you are loosing the concept. The Cassette that was made was by no means whatsoever a Vault Master or Build Reel. I would not ccclassify that as a Vault Archive. It was 2 track casssete audio document of a work-in-progress.

The Audio Quality of the Nuendo Reels so to speak are 10,0000 times better in Audio Quality than any cassette. So if someone was to Pirate any Nuendo Audio Reel Transfer it woudl be of superior audio quality.

There are most certainly were many Vault Works In Progresss or recordings that were more Audio Documents that may very well never have been intended for a project that have been Pirated from UMRK over the years. Real Fuckers those tape Pirates. They show no respect for Frank.

The reasons the Reels of Tapes used for any project remain at UMRK is not only because of the possibility of Pirating or Stealing a physical Reel, Build Reel or Master Reel. It moreso because the tapes themselves remain secure and in a controled environment. The reels are irreplaceable.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:43 pm 

If i understand, they at ZFT encode the master tapes and sent it by the net in New York.

So do Frank Filipetti has to reencode it again to put on CD?

And by sending by internet is the quality affected?

I am an old song engineer who used to work with analogue stuff lol

Je suis désolé pour les roles que j'ai joué dans toutes ces videos, ce n'est pas tres valorisant pour l'humanité mais si cela peut avoir fait progresser la science, alors il y aura eu un coté positif.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:56 pm 

Zut_boF wrote:
If i understand, they at ZFT encode the master tapes and sent it by the net in New York.

So do Frank Filipetti has to reencode it again to put on CD?

And by sending by internet is the quality affected?

I am an old song engineer who used to work with analogue stuff lol

I am not an engineer nor do I know all the security features or features built into the product. I would expect the Nuendo website would have general feature documentation that is published if soemone wants to know. Maybe a software encryption key is needed to open the Nuendo Files.

As far as quality. While 1s and 0s are 1s and 0s depending what equipment masters the 1s and 0s affects the overall quality. Some artists have sent back there CDs and said please master it again fro it does not sound right. Programs are used that can detect all the 1s and 0s are exactly the same in differnet Final Mastered Versions but still the CD may sound different. I have read that sometiem a CD-R sounds better than a bad CD Master even though all th e1's and 0s are exactly teh same on both CDs. This is the Mastering Phase but in the Mixing Phase I don't know if ther coudl be any loss in quality due to how the ZFT store the files, how Frank Fillipetti stores the files, if Frank gets it via internet or in some physical storage format or if these files are encrypted. What I do know is that 96kHz/24 Bit is how it stored in Nuendo when transferrd from a Reel. Frank Fillipetti is on top of all of that HD Audio. The CD Mastering is a different animal. We will find out who did the CD Mastering when we get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:14 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Music Today really has a very good customer service staff. I called today askign when my order may ship and the gal did an inquiry. I received an e-mail from her stating it may ship tommorow 4/4 and that I should get it by Thursday 4/5. By 5 P.M. the system should have shipping information if it makes it out tomorrow . Some poster earlier who communicated Music Today was under the impression that Music Today may have been waaiting for the CD from the ZFT.

While we pay a bit more for the service/shipping methods as compared to the old Barfko Swill days orders can be processed so much faster by Music Today because of the size of the Music Today Operation. Who knows even today barfko Swill may have had to raise shipping rates. Amazon.com can offer Super Saver sometimes even free rates with a $25 purchase on some merch because well they ship Millions and Millions and Millions.

Fantastic customer service. :roll: I paid EXTRA to have it delivered 4-4-07 and now it 'may' ship 4-4-07?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:30 pm 

I ordered with the super saver shipping option. Probably won't get my copy until next week.

I have a bunch of CDs on order right now;
1. Warren Haynes - Christmas Jam vol 1 remastered w/ extra tracks and bonus disc.
2. Govt Mule - Live @ Roseland remastered w/ extra tracks and bonus disc.
3. Mike Keneally - Hat - remastered and extended w/ bonus DVD signed & numbered.
4. Mike Keneally - Boil That Dust Speck - remastered w/ bonus DVD signed & numbered.
5. Zappa - Buffalo 10/25/80

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:34 pm 

I ordered mine around 11pm Sunday night (4/1/07).
Order status is still "processing" or "in progress"

*shrug*

Post subject: Re: whole show?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:53 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Allways Expect the Unexpected.

well, not from you, anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:21 pm 

HJ wrote:
Please! Those who respond to Tredy's loooong posts, do you really need to quote them

Or reply to them at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:25 pm 

Hey - This was a great surprise Sunday - that it was coming...whether it's today or Friday or next week - it is a great deal...I paid and would do it again for next day shipping...my post earlier was to update folks on the status.

As for me - Zappa is music - there is no other music that comes close. $28 plus $18-something shipping and handling for the 1980 band - money well spent...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:21 pm 

Just talked with a fine fellow over at MusicToday via telephone (10pm EST). He had said that he recently received an e-mail stating that Buffalo will be shipped out at the end of this week. He also briefly mentioned some confusion on his end concerning whether or not the actual release date was to be next Tuesday or not... not sure what that's all about.

Anyhow, the 1980 band line up is one of my favorites. And seeing as though I was born in 1981 and I didn't get into Zappa until around 1998, this is probably the closest I'll ever get to experiencing an actual FZ concert.

(Although I've been to a number of P/O shows and ZPZ, but sorry guys... as awesome as you all are, I still wonder what it would be like to attend a real life FZ show.)

I'm very happy with the track listing. I look forward to hearing Chunga's Revenge, the 10+ minute Pick Me I'm Clean, the near 10 minute City of Tiny Lites (did the Carlos Santana vamp start in 1982? I forget... I'm thinking in 1980, they still used the old vamp. I sure hope so.) and the insane 23+ minute long Torture. Also, I have heard a bootleg of a 1980 performance of Keep It Greasey where Vinnie does some incredible drumming. I suspect this album will be chock-full of it as well. It should be a real treat for us people that love mind melting guitar solos, who otherwise would never be able to experience such a performance.

Not bad at all for $28 + shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:38 pm 

One_Adam_Twelve wrote:
...and the insane 23+ minute long Torture.

Haha, funny how that works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:32 pm 

not much of a thread after being shat on no less than 3 dozen times by the negative-energy guy who probably never even saw zappa solo on a good night; mikey, report that fucker to gail - a complete & total drag on what started out as exciting fucking buffalo news, spewing the same old rancid typo-ridden downer propaganda...you put a lotta work into the new zappa.com v1.3, he's fucking scaring off people, & where do they go after reading 10 pages of spoo about zappateers/traders/sbd's/eyes/ears/tapes/auds/traders/etc/etc/etc bullshit ¿ straight to the nearest dl site...so please, mikey, stop the torture, turn off the spigot of t-m's rants & start this thread again

can't fucking wait to get buffalo , maybe a\b it to see if filipetti can really deliver the goods

23 minute torture... hmmmmmm, no foolin' . . . . . . . . . . . Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:59 pm 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
VCF wrote:
FZ's guitar at its most obscene + Vinnie gone wild = I wonder what happens during the solos. 8)

Cool photo. Suitable as a poster for teenage girls' bedrooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:39 am 

Yeah, the guitar solos. In Fall 80 they were way out there in most cases.
Looking forward to hear them! Pick Me, Torture, Tiny Lights and Easy Meat will deliver, I'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:55 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
not much of a thread after being shat on no less than 3 dozen times by the negative-energy guy who probably never even saw zappa solo on a good night; mikey, report that fucker to gail - a complete & total drag on what started out as exciting fucking buffalo news, spewing the same old rancid typo-ridden downer propaganda...you put a lotta work into the new zappa.com v1.3, he's fucking scaring off people, & where do they go after reading 10 pages of spoo about zappateers/traders/sbd's/eyes/ears/tapes/auds/traders/etc/etc/etc bullshit ¿ straight to the nearest dl site...so please, mikey, stop the torture, turn off the spigot of t-m's rants & start this thread again

can't fucking wait to get buffalo , maybe a\b it to see if filipetti can really deliver the goods

I'll admit that things do get off topic. 1,000s of Forum Members take things Off Topic but the negative-energy guy who probably never even saw zappa solo on a good night;, well fella I saw over 50 Official shows, never and I repeat never did I think for a second that any one of thos Air Sculptures were something that did not speak to me the way I appreciate Zappa's Compositional skills on the instrument of guitar.

I have some friends that I attended many of these shows with that I see from time to time. Two particular individuals have each easily seen over 100 Zappa shows . Without naming names because I beleive in respecting their personal thoughts to themselves, one guy supports free trade and the other is 100% against it. I can talk to both and neither is offended by my views or would ever run away scared. One wonders why I waste my time with the people here. Neither individual has ever registered here so none of their opinions can be read here. Both are Zappa fanatics by any definition but have different views on what is called Free trade.

Now if any given band member including Zappa himself hit a wrong note during the show that never spoiled the show for me, I just never expected Frank to include mistakes on his Official Releases hence taking the best performances of a given tour where he would edit it together, possibly add overdubs or even when Sonic Solutions came along splice segements of a song from different tours together to make one seamless song. Not that edits from diffferent shows were new for Frank but by the time Frank was working on the YCDTOSA series thet project really showed something new on how Frank was making use of digital editing. At UMRK Frank always made use of all his finest kitchen annointment utensils delivering the worlds finest optional entertainment.

Negative energy on my part? Now that's a joke. I am negative towards Fanaskeptasaureous behavior, not Official Zappa. All Official Zappa is 100% Authentic & Authoritive. Report me to Gail Zappa. I encourage you to send the e-mail now. Here is her E-Mail address

Gail@Zappa.com

If and when Gail ever informs me to lighten up on responding to Fanaskeptasaureos Behavior I will glady retract. I do lighten up from time to time on teh Fanasskeptasaureous when I see the majority of fans get with the program but when a fan says I am going to A/B the Official Release with some B- quality AUD or still supports the free trade of that AUD when there is an Official Product. Well I loose it. I Stir The Pot of another serving of Fanaskeptaqsaureous Dog Shit just to see how fowl it gets.

If any fan is scared away or may decide not to buy any Official Product because of my opinions well that person is Lost. In my observation I have seen many Zappa fans and musicians who abuse adn misuse FranK Zappa's work. I poot loud about that. Would it surprize you if Gail had some similar opinions to me on soem of these issues. I am not talking for Gail but you should ponder on that thought. Come on now fella use your noodle.

Are you going to be the next person to threaten my life?

Wait a minute; The Fanaskeptasaureous gotta get somethin' happenin' here. I have realized for a very long time that the ZFT have been spendin' Millions and Millions and Millions of their dollars 'n I don't think there is a single forum member who holds more of a Forever the Optimist approach on the ZFT for how they handle upholding Frank Zappa's artistic integrity on a 24x7x365(6) basis, shit . . . Everyone should make this worthwhile, They should open their eyes and ears a bit more instead of emulating a ounce of skepticism on anything Zappa. Every Zappa Fan should get into something REAL. If you spend too much time questioning some missing folklore that is not represented in the Official Catalouge and want to emulate any negative energy whatsoever towards the ZFT I encourage you to let Frank's reponce to me 26 years ago this Good Friday talk inside your head for when I questioned Frank about unreleased material hsi responce was "Read It And Weep".

Yeah I get all bent out of shape the minute I see a pubic hair of skepticism but calling it Downer Propoganda shows that as a fan you or anyone who upholds this attitude is just closing their eyes and ears to Positive Enforcement that the ZFT and Frank Zappa himself Uphold and Author Artistic Integrity. It is the Propoganda of Skepticism of a fan pooting forth with too much energy of How They Think It Should Be.

Yes we all have our own desires and should to a limited extent let that be known but to continually excert massive amounts of Fanaskeptaqsaureous Energy is well not Artistic Integrity.

Where you say my opinions of Unnoficial Trading where an allready large community of fans who download these Unoficial Recordings of thousands of AUDs,SBDs, Document Recordings that Fank may never have intended for public consumption or Pirated Works - In- Progress would make any fan turn into a Free Trade Addict that is preposterous. If you or anyone does not like my opinions on any matter, skip over it, get carpel tunnel syndom from hitting the down arrow key like some other forum member. no one forces you or anyone to read my commentary.

If someone becomes a Narcotic Recovery Support Representative or whatever they call those Support Group Speakers or Call A Budy when an addicct may or has crossed the line is this Downer behavior escalating Narcotic Abuse? It is the pushers and users of Narcotics that escalate Narcotic Addiction. In no way am I a Pusher Man.

Where you question if Frank Fillipetti can deliver the goods. Where have you been? Have you ever listened to anything he worked on in the last few years working in DTS 96/24 HD Audio using a High Fidelity System that can play back DTS 96/24 with some good speakers.

Frank Fillipetti is the Master. To even question his abilities is preposterous even if the CD release of Buffalo does not support DTS 96/24. Your glass is half empty before you even heard it. Maybe just for fans like you the ZFT should sell Beat The AUD Downlaods so you can Officially do A/B comparisons.

The Spigit of Bull Shit emulates from whatever opinion on any issue may be. This Forum sometimes is just a Sealed Tuna Sandwitch. What each Snack any fan offers can be criticized for it may stray to some extent of Official And Authoritive representation.

Now here is a Scary thought

Went to Zappa.com
For a Rant N' Raving
What a drag
You gotta go reply
Even if you'd rather be at home
Flaked out on Unnoficial Recordings
In Torrence
Downloaded in FLAC and then we pumped
All our shit into the Commmunity at Fibo-O-Optic
(What's it gonna be?)
AUD, SBD or Pirated WIP?
La La La La
Would you like a snack?

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 am, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:11 am 

Secret Carlos Santana Chord Progression started in 1980, so will be on this i would have thought...

also, everyone should stop worrying about when their copy will come, relax and it will come soon enough! i gotta wait for it to cross a body of water big enough to isolate england.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:14 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
This Forum sometimes is just a Sealed Tuna Sandwitch.

And I hate to say that (you already get beaten up by pretty much everyone else here), but you are the Tuna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:26 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

I'll admit that things do get off topic. 1,000s of Forum Members take things Off Topic but negative energy on my part? Now that's a joke. I am negative towards Fanaskeptasaureous behavior, not Official Zappa. All Official Zappa is 100% Authentic & Authoritive. Report me to Gail Zappa. I encourage you to send the e-mail now. Are you going to be the next person to threaten my life.

Wait a minute; The Fanaskeptasaureous gotta get somethin' happenin' here. I have realized for a very long time that the ZFT have been spendin' Millions and Millions and Millions of their dollars 'n I don't think there is a single forum member who holds more of a Forever the Optimist approach on the ZFT for how they handle upholding Frank Zappa's artistic integrity on a 24x7x365(6) basis, shit . . . Everyone should make this worthwhile, They should open their eyes and ears a bit more instead of emulating a ounce of skepticism on anything Zappa. Every Zappa Fan should get into something REAL. If you spend too much time questioning some missing folklore that is not represented in the Official Catalouge and want to emulate any negative energy whatsoever towards the ZFT I encourage you to let Frank's reponce to me 26 years ago this Good Friday talk inside your head for when I questioned Frank about unreleased material hsi responce was "Read It And Weep".

Yeah I get all bent out of shape the minute I see a pubic hair of skepticism but calling it Downer Propoganda shows that as a fan you or anyone who upholds this attitude is just closing their eyes and ears to Positive Enforcement that the ZFT and Frank Zappa himself Uphold and Author Artistic Integrity. It is the Propoganda of Skepticism of a fan pooting forth with too much energy of How They Think It Should Be.

Yes we all have our own desires and should to a limited extent let that be known but to continually excert massive amounts of Fanaskeptaqsaureous Energy is well not Artistic Integrity.

Where you say my opinions of Unnoficial Trading where an allready large community of fans who download these Unoficial Recordings of thousands of AUDs,SBDs, Document Recordings that Fank may never have intended for public consumption or Pirated Works - In- Progress would make any fan turn into a Free Trade Addict that is preposterous.

If someone becomes a Narcotic Recovery Support Representative or whatever they call those Support Group Speakers or Call A Budy when an addicct may or has crossed the line is this Downer behavior escalating Narcotic Abuse? It is the pushers and users of Narcotics that escalate Narcotic Addiction. In no way am I a Pusher Man.

Where you question if Frank Fillipetti can deliver the goods. Where have you been? Have you ever listened to anything he worked on in the last few years working in DTS 96/24 HD Audio using a High Fidelity System that can play back DTS 96/24 with some good speakers.

Frank Fillipetti is the Master. To even question his abilities is preposterous even if the CD release of Buffalo does not support DTS 96/24. Your glass is half empty before you even heard it. Maybe just for fans like you the ZFT should sell Beat The AUD Downlaods so you can Officially do A/B comparisons.

The Spigit of Bull Shit emulates from whatever opinion on any issue may be. This Forum sometimes is just a Sealed Tuna Sandwitch. What each Snack any fan offers can be criticized for it may stray to some extent of Official And Authoritive representation.

Went to Zappa.com
For a Rant N' Raving
What a drag
You gotta go reply
Even if you'd rather be at home
Flaked out on Unnoficial Recordings
In Torrence
Downloaded in FLAC and then we pumped
All our shit into the Commmunity at Fibo-O-Optic
(What's it gonna be?)
AUD, SBD or Pirated WIP?
La La La La
Would you like a snack?

You are by far the biggest arrogant dick here.
This post proves it, more than you will ever realize,
because in your sick sad world, you think you are better than
everyone else here.
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:42 am 

See, I gotta hand it to Trendy in one way, he must not have a job and therefore can spend his time typing endless monologues, the only problem is that I could develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome scrolling down past them - Maybe I will have Buffalo by Daturday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:49 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb

I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. It is common for top engineering studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get some great engineers involved. Not that Dweezil is an engineering slouch by any means. The ZFT bake the Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these engineers need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio where he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. CD technology and MP3 will soon die. Things have adn will continue to move towards HD Audio. That is what predominantly Frank Fillipetti works with. Get used to that Keyword, HD Audio. In 2007 you will be hearing that alot more.

High Definition Audio..............

Tell that to the 150 million people that just bought iPods. You realy have no clue wtf you are talking about.

While initially billed as the Simplest, Cheapest and Most Durable Talking Machine the sound is a bit inferior to MP3 by any means. Now those Gold Molded Electrode Vapors are really something special.

Many format changes have taken place since Thomas Edison's talking Machine. All Formats some day will be replaced or used as a primary listening device over the popular device trends of any given period. Music Servers that can play HD Audio will become the standard for the home and the 128 Kbps MP3 Player will be replaced by a portable player that plays HD Audio.

The Absolute Sound editor Robert Harley has an interesting article in the current April/May 2007issue entitled High-End Audio Comes in From the Cold. He explains and gives examples of new trends that show while high-end audio has always been the orphan that a change is about to come. Market Research by the CEA ("Audio Purchasing: The Continued Quest for Quality) found that 34% of audio buyers among the general population called "great sound quality a necessity" rather than a "luxury", versus 25% who characterized it as a luxury.

High Resolution downloads of 88.2 kHz/24bit or 96khz/24 bit are happening now. DTS and Dolby both have new HD Audio encoding and decoding. While the HD Audio takes more space home players and portable players will work with new HD Audio Files. The new Zappa Buffalo CD was probably all worked on in HD Audio where 96kHz/24 Nuendo Files were made from the various tape sources. At some point it was mastered for CD from the final Nuendo Mix. It then gets brought down to CD Sampling Rates because they are selling it in CD Format. Hopefully there will be some interesting liner notes on this.

Additionally there are Upsampling CD Players out there that sort of remaster the CD on the fly so to speak. They can upsample a 44.1 kHz CD to 96,192,384,512 or 768 kHz. The Cary CDP-1 has 4 Burr Brown PCM 1792 DACs , two for each channel, and 3 Motorolla 48-bit microprocessors. This is some really High -End Audio but those that have a few thousand extra can really upgrade the quality of there old CDs.

Fortunately with al the new HD Audio on its way Studio Master Quality HD Audio will be reasonably affordable. For all those old CDs the High-End equipment upsampling CD Players will become more affordable in a year or so.

MP3 is an easy and portable way for the majority of brain dead music consumers to hear their music. The average douche (or average music consumer, however you may want to phrase it) does not care about any of the shit you just posted.

Right On. I've been collecting vinyl and then cd's for most of my life and I do not care about all this HD stuff. I don't even wear headphones anymore. When I win lotto and have my own sound room perhaps I'll hire Trendmonger to hook me up with a nice system. For now, I'm looking forward to a 2 hour + drive in the car when BUFFALO arrives. And then I'll play it in my office on a boom box. Trendy, when in the Hell do you have time to crank up this sound system of yours? Don't you live in Queens? In an apartment, maybe? Ain't there a baby in the house? If I only listened to music on my stereo proper, I'd get in about 15 minutes a week. Unacceptable!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 37  Next