Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: whole show?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5532
cleon wrote:
tweezers wrote:
I am happy Buffalo is a complete show. Wouldn't it be easy to check on that Zappabase database (I got mine from Zappateers, if memory serves).

'73 tour stuff would make me happy. I saw FZ in the spring of that year at Jadwyn Gym on the Princeton University campus with Jean-Luc Ponty and they were working out Montana and it was a truly great sjhow with lots of horns (Sal Marquez was there, I can't remember who the drummer was...).
on zappa database it say the same as punknaynowned link.
25-Oct 1980, Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY
31 min, Aud, B-
Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, I'm So Cute, Andy, Joe's Garage, Dancin' Fool, Disco Meltdown
do anybody know if it is a full show :?
and only mail order
the price is good i think :wink:


so far it seems that BUFFALO 1980 10 25 is one of those VAULT things . . .
nobody else knew it existed in the time-space manifold as such -- complete, replete, except those who were there. Until now. I couldn't find any other setlists than Jon Naurin's. This shows that nobody's got the goods on the zappa tapes quite like the zft.
It IS remarkable that the community knew only of Jon's 30 min tape and the family not only has the tape of the whole show but gave it to Filipetti to master.
I said the same thing with regard to the stuff on Imaginary Diseases. Nobody knew or even had a clue that this existed (Montreal, Imaginary Diseases) and the family offers them up in FZ orig selection and editing.
simply wow!

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: City Of Tiny Lites
BillyDaMt wrote:

I am assuming that the “Real World” Thematic Extrapolations is an improv of some kind.
Anyone (jimmy d, JayP) have any idea what this is?


I think I know what it might be. Do you want me to spoil the surprise, though?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5532
"It's a dance contest and some lucky member of the audience will win a quart of finnish champagne"

oh wait, it's Buffalo. Maybe a 12 pack of Harp's?

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:52 pm
Posts: 155
Trendmonger wrote:
Last edited by Trendmonger on 03 Apr 2007 17:19; edited 11 times in total


Wow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

I am assuming that the “Real World” Thematic Extrapolations is an improv of some kind.
Anyone (jimmy d, JayP) have any idea what this is?


I think I know what it might be. Do you want me to spoil the surprise, though?


If you dont wanna spoil it for all, pm it to me. :mrgreen:

in other words, yeah, spoil the surprise for me :wink:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
Tom29 wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Last edited by Trendmonger on 03 Apr 2007 17:19; edited 11 times in total


Wow.


aww, that's nothing.
I've seen it up to 18. He's just getting warmed up. :roll:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: whole show?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 7135
Location: South wales
punknaynowned wrote:
cleon wrote:
tweezers wrote:
I am happy Buffalo is a complete show. Wouldn't it be easy to check on that Zappabase database (I got mine from Zappateers, if memory serves).

'73 tour stuff would make me happy. I saw FZ in the spring of that year at Jadwyn Gym on the Princeton University campus with Jean-Luc Ponty and they were working out Montana and it was a truly great sjhow with lots of horns (Sal Marquez was there, I can't remember who the drummer was...).
on zappa database it say the same as punknaynowned link.
25-Oct 1980, Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY
31 min, Aud, B-
Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, I'm So Cute, Andy, Joe's Garage, Dancin' Fool, Disco Meltdown
do anybody know if it is a full show :?
and only mail order
the price is good i think :wink:


so far it seems that BUFFALO 1980 10 25 is one of those VAULT things . . .
nobody else knew it existed in the time-space manifold as such -- complete, replete, except those who were there. Until now. I couldn't find any other setlists than Jon Naurin's. This shows that nobody's got the goods on the zappa tapes quite like the zft.
It IS remarkable that the community knew only of Jon's 30 min tape and the family not only has the tape of the whole show but gave it to Filipetti to master.
I said the same thing with regard to the stuff on Imaginary Diseases. Nobody knew or even had a clue that this existed (Montreal, Imaginary Diseases) and the family offers them up in FZ orig selection and editing.
simply wow!
hard to believe zappas catlog is getting bigger so fast over the last few years :lol:

dates all country's use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_d ... 2C_year.29

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: whole show?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5104
punknaynowned wrote:

It IS remarkable that the community knew only of Jon's 30 min tape and the family not only has the tape of the whole show but gave it to Filipetti to master.

I said the same thing with regard to the stuff on Imaginary Diseases. Nobody knew or even had a clue that this existed (Montreal, Imaginary Diseases) and the family offers them up in FZ orig selection and editing. simply wow!


First as just about everyone knows I don't collect Unnoficial Tapes. The Free Trade Fans of Unnnoficial recordings not only listen to these tapes but create dabases of FZ shows and set lists where soemtimes some fans even offer a critical analysis on tours. For anyone to think that is everything or even close to it is rediculous. Not saying you think that.

Yes, The ZFT go to great lengths to suprize while at the same time producing it all with the standars that we are accustum when we buy an Official Product of The World Finest Optional Entertainment but who in their rigth mind would think that Nobody had A Clue that ZFT would put out material that no collector has much or anything of. Allways Expect the Unexpected.

These particular projects are surprizes as to maybe not many guessing a specific show date for releases or project Expecting the Unexecpected should be obvious. Surprize where no one has certain shows is something Gail has been talking about releasing where no one even knows this stuff exists. This is only a Sampling of Expecting The Unexpected.

Anyhow I'm not here to spoil your interesting and informational thread as to some of what the ZFT has done in regards to these projects but I need to clear one thing up about your post that may read incorrectly.

As far as This Project or Any Project when talking about Vault Tape(s).
With this project there were three tape sources used where each source may have several tapes. These tapes regardless of source never leave UMRK. The ZFT baked them and transferred them to Nuendo at UMRK . I beleive 96Khz/24 bit Nuendo Files are made and these files were sent to Frank Fillipetti for him to work on on his Nuendo Workstation.

So just to clear things up where your comment may read that the ZFT gave Frank Fillipetti the Vault Tapes,

Vault Tapes to the best of my knowlede do not, have not, and will not leave the confines of UMRK.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: whole show?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:

It IS remarkable that the community knew only of Jon's 30 min tape and the family not only has the tape of the whole show but gave it to Filipetti to master.

I said the same thing with regard to the stuff on Imaginary Diseases. Nobody knew or even had a clue that this existed (Montreal, Imaginary Diseases) and the family offers them up in FZ orig selection and editing. simply wow!


First as just about everyone knows I don't collect Unnoficial Tapes. The Free Trade Fans of Unnnoficial recordings not only listen to these tapes but create dabases of FZ shows and set lists where soemtimes some fans even offer a critical analysis on tours. For anyone to think that is everything or even close to it is rediculous. Not saying you think that.

Yes, The ZFT go to great lengths to suprize while at the same time producing it all with the standars that we are accustum when we buy an Official Product of The World Finest Optional Entertainment but who in their rigth mind would think that Nobody had A Clue that ZFT would put out material that no collector has much or anything of. Allways Expect the Unexpected.

These particular projects are surprizes as to maybe not many guessing a specific show date for releases or project Expecting the Unexecpected should be obvious. Surprize where no one has certain shows is something Gail has been talking about releasing where no one even knows this stuff exists. This is only a Sampling of Expecting The Unexpected.

Anyhow I'm not here to spoil your interesting and informational thread as to some of what the ZFT has done in regards to these projects but I need to clear one thing up about your post that may read incorrectly.

As far as This Project or Any Project when talking about Vault Tape(s).
With this project there were three tape sources used where each source may have several tapes. These tapes regardless of source never leave UMRK. The ZFT baked them and transferred them to Nuendo at UMRK . I beleive 96Khz/24 bit Nuendo Files are made and these files were sent to Frank Fillipetti for him to work on on his Nuendo Workstation.

So just to clear things up where your comment may read that the ZFT gave Frank Fillipetti the Vault Tapes,

Vault Tapes to the best of my knowlede do not, have not, and will not leave the confines of UMRK.


You're a tool.
Hey, a douche is a tool.
Yes, you're a tool. :roll:

I'll let Jayp or some one clue you in on how SBD's are "leaked" and by whom. Because I can't be bothered.
Jackass

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:52 am
Posts: 332
Location: Reno, Nevada
BillyDaMt wrote:
Andre_C wrote:
this is GREAT in an Unmitigated, Audacious Way!!

Kudos to whoever pushed for this decision to be made....kudos to the whole production team. FINALLY the floodgates have been cracked open.

Many of us have called before for a Dick's Pick's model...the Pearl Jam/Who/Peter Gabriel/Bowie etc model of releasing FULL SHOWS has been brought up here at length..one can only hope that our suggestions have all been collectively part of this decision....

Whatever the reasons - as with EVERY release -- let's support it, promote it, tell new people about it... buy it, crank it and ask and get ready for MORE..full quality legal releases of Zappa shows.... YES


Hey Andre, good to see you back.
I agree with all of the above.


PS. Bring P/O back to the North East in '07 :mrgreen:

You misspelled the west coast :wink:

_________________
Some people would say it's bullshit, but we love it, don't we kids? Meanwhile . . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5532
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
t_haereiti wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
Andre_C wrote:
this is GREAT in an Unmitigated, Audacious Way!!

Kudos to whoever pushed for this decision to be made....kudos to the whole production team. FINALLY the floodgates have been cracked open.

Many of us have called before for a Dick's Pick's model...the Pearl Jam/Who/Peter Gabriel/Bowie etc model of releasing FULL SHOWS has been brought up here at length..one can only hope that our suggestions have all been collectively part of this decision....

Whatever the reasons - as with EVERY release -- let's support it, promote it, tell new people about it... buy it, crank it and ask and get ready for MORE..full quality legal releases of Zappa shows.... YES


Hey Andre, good to see you back.
I agree with all of the above.


PS. Bring P/O back to the North East in '07 :mrgreen:

You misspelled the west coast :wink:


Nah.
I spelt it perfectly :wink:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
BillyDaMt wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:

I am assuming that the “Real World” Thematic Extrapolations is an improv of some kind.
Anyone (jimmy d, JayP) have any idea what this is?


I think I know what it might be. Do you want me to spoil the surprise, though?


If you dont wanna spoil it for all, pm it to me. :mrgreen:

in other words, yeah, spoil the surprise for me :wink:


Thanks for the PM.
I look with eagerness to hear the song :mrgreen:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 17495
Location: City Of Tiny Lites
As you might have noticed, I couldn't help not listening to the 30min audience representation of this gig, and all I will say is that it is simply a terrific performance, no one will be disappointed, I am sure. Can't wait to have mine....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5104
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb


I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. It is common for top engineering studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get some great engineers involved. Not that Dweezil is an engineering slouch by any means. The ZFT bake the Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these engineers need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio where he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. CD technology and MP3 will soon die. Things have adn will continue to move towards HD Audio. That is what predominantly Frank Fillipetti works with. Get used to that Keyword, HD Audio. In 2007 you will be hearing that alot more.

High Definition Audio..............


Last edited by Trendmonger on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb


I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. it is common for top engineerign studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get ssome great engineers involved. Nnot that Dweezil is not a great engineer. They Bake The Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these enginners need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio wher he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. That is what predominantly he works with.


For someone who claims he doesn't have any inside info, and doesn't work for the ZFT, you have a whole lot of "knowledge" of their practices.
:roll:
Again, ask someone in the know how SBD tapes get leaked, and then come revise your statements. :roll:

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 185
Location: Nowhere,Nowhere
Mikey wrote:
timm0 wrote:
yeah, that would be too cruel !

website looks great btw....check out the photos/videos/audio section!

damn quicktime though, i hate that, never loads up for me....

You might want to try updating to the latest version timm0.

The videos are encoded to be as small as possible without looking sucky, and I can't deliver the same quality in Flash video.

Mikey :)
zappa.com



Hey Mikey,

Nice job on the site. I upgraded Quicktime, and Videos still don't work. Is this on your end?

_________________
The Sound of the BuffaloVoice (((((o)))))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5104
BillyDaMt wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb


I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. it is common for top engineerign studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get ssome great engineers involved. Nnot that Dweezil is not a great engineer. They Bake The Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these enginners need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio wher he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. That is what predominantly he works with.


For someone who claims he doesn't have any inside info, and doesn't work for the ZFT, you have a whole lot of "knowledge" of their practices.
:roll:
Again, ask someone in the know how SBD tapes get leaked, and then come revise your statements. :roll:


However those SBD tapes leaked in the past that became part of that 1,000 unnofical AUD, SBD and Pirated works in Progress is not what i am talkign about here. Some idiot engineer could leak 96Khz/24Bit Nuendo files that coudl start a Bootleg or trading Chain. The tapes stay in the vault for security for that is logical. There is no need to send Vault tapes in 2007. As long as the ZFT have a playback machine for every type of tape Source, and they have spent a ton of money gettign them all re-conditioned in addition to all the new equipment they are setup to do it all in house or get outside engineers involved without a single Vault Tape tape ever leaving UMRK.

Most of the equipment in UMRK and methods used has been published. Do some research and ye shall find the wisom of the wiz. It's not as extincet or hidden as you may beleive. The ZFT have made it their point to protect and work with thso tapes with the best of what the new millenuim has to offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:57 am
Posts: 3095
Location: Topsham, Maine
Trendmonger wrote:
BillyDaMt wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb


I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. it is common for top engineerign studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get ssome great engineers involved. Nnot that Dweezil is not a great engineer. They Bake The Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these enginners need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio wher he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. That is what predominantly he works with.


For someone who claims he doesn't have any inside info, and doesn't work for the ZFT, you have a whole lot of "knowledge" of their practices.
:roll:
Again, ask someone in the know how SBD tapes get leaked, and then come revise your statements. :roll:


However those SBD tapes leaked in the past that became part of that 1,000 unnofical AUD, SBD and Pirated works in Progress is not what i am talkign about here. Some idiot engineer could leak 96Khz/24Bit Nuendo files that coudl start a Bootleg or trading Chain. The tapes stay in the vault for security for that is logical. There is no need to send Vault tapes in 2007. As long as the ZFT have a playback machine for every type of tape Source, and they have spent a ton of money gettign them all re-conditioned in addition to all the new equipment they are setup to do it all in house or get outside engineers involved without a single Vault Tape tape ever leaving UMRK.

Most of the equipment in UMRK and methods used has been published. Do some research and ye shall find the wisom of the wiz. It's not as extincet or hidden as you may beleive. The ZFT have made it their point to protect and work with thso tapes with the best of what the new millenuim has to offer.


You need to learn the difference between Master tapes
and Mastered Tapes.

_________________
Wanna Buy A Grunt With A Third Party Check
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:49 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: The White Zone
I think it is a full show, but I guess we'll never know fer sure. I saw 2 shows in Tulsa one week before this one (there were some repeats, but different sets each show) and I have several shows from the tour on tape. This seems like the number of songs that comprised a full show from the tour.

My guess is that Andy closed the show (like the late show in Tulsa and other shows) and the encores follow that. My guess is that the Real World Extrapolations is Dancin Fool audience participation fun, but I wish for a combination of Iowa & Madison (I Love Lucy + underwear). We got to sing Love of My Life in Tulsa.

This is my favorite tour for FZ guitar and Vinnie drumming, especially when they do it at the same time! You'd sit there in the audience during a solo and five minutes later you'd think, "What fugging song is this?" cuz they went wherever the improv took them. I'd never really listened to improvised music before then and my life has NEVER been the same since that night.

Wow, I can't wait for this one. :mrgreen: 8)

vcf

_________________
There isn't much chance that you'll get people to like you. The best that most folks can hope for is that people will put up with their shit. MTF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2460
Location: Europe
Please! Those who respond to Tredy's loooong posts, do you really need to quote them in full???? Teh space it takes up is of olympic dimensions! :x

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5532
VCF wrote:
I think it is a full show, but I guess we'll never know fer sure. I saw 2 shows in Tulsa one week before this one (there were some repeats, but different sets each show) and I have several shows from the tour on tape. This seems like the number of songs that comprised a full show from the tour.

My guess is that Andy closed the show (like the late show in Tulsa and other shows) and the encores follow that. My guess is that the Real World Extrapolations is Dancin Fool audience participation fun, but I wish for a combination of Iowa & Madison (I Love Lucy + underwear). We got to sing Love of My Life in Tulsa.

This is my favorite tour for FZ guitar and Vinnie drumming, especially when they do it at the same time! You'd sit there in the audience during a solo and five minutes later you'd think, "What fugging song is this?" cuz they went wherever the improv took them. I'd never really listened to improvised music before then and my life has NEVER been the same since that night.

Wow, I can't wait for this one. :mrgreen: 8)

vcf

great recollection vcf!! vivid!!

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 4237
punknaynowned wrote:
VCF wrote:
I think it is a full show, but I guess we'll never know fer sure. I saw 2 shows in Tulsa one week before this one (there were some repeats, but different sets each show) and I have several shows from the tour on tape. This seems like the number of songs that comprised a full show from the tour.

My guess is that Andy closed the show (like the late show in Tulsa and other shows) and the encores follow that. My guess is that the Real World Extrapolations is Dancin Fool audience participation fun, but I wish for a combination of Iowa & Madison (I Love Lucy + underwear). We got to sing Love of My Life in Tulsa.

This is my favorite tour for FZ guitar and Vinnie drumming, especially when they do it at the same time! You'd sit there in the audience during a solo and five minutes later you'd think, "What fugging song is this?" cuz they went wherever the improv took them. I'd never really listened to improvised music before then and my life has NEVER been the same since that night.

Wow, I can't wait for this one. :mrgreen: 8)

vcf

great recollection vcf!! vivid!!


Yes, great story. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5104
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb


I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. It is common for top engineering studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get some great engineers involved. Not that Dweezil is an engineering slouch by any means. The ZFT bake the Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these engineers need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio where he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. CD technology and MP3 will soon die. Things have adn will continue to move towards HD Audio. That is what predominantly Frank Fillipetti works with. Get used to that Keyword, HD Audio. In 2007 you will be hearing that alot more.

High Definition Audio..............


Tell that to the 150 million people that just bought iPods. You realy have no clue wtf you are talking about.


Image
While initially billed as the Simplest, Cheapest and Most Durable Talking Machine the sound is a bit inferior to MP3 by any means. Now those Gold Molded Electrode Vapors are really something special.

Many format changes have taken place since Thomas Edison's talking Machine. All Formats some day will be replaced or used as a primary listening device over the popular device trends of any given period. Music Servers that can play HD Audio will become the standard for the home and the 128 Kbps MP3 Player will be replaced by a portable player that plays HD Audio.

The Absolute Sound editor Robert Harley has an interesting article in the current April/May 2007issue entitled High-End Audio Comes in From the Cold. He explains and gives examples of new trends that show while high-end audio has always been the orphan that a change is about to come. Market Research by the CEA ("Audio Purchasing: The Continued Quest for Quality) found that 34% of audio buyers among the general population called "great sound quality a necessity" rather than a "luxury", versus 25% who characterized it as a luxury.

High Resolution downloads of 88.2 kHz/24bit or 96khz/24 bit are happening now. DTS and Dolby both have new HD Audio encoding and decoding. While the HD Audio takes more space home players and portable players will work with new HD Audio Files. The new Zappa Buffalo CD was probably all worked on in HD Audio where 96kHz/24 Nuendo Files were made from the various tape sources. At some point it was mastered for CD from the final Nuendo Mix. It then gets brought down to CD Sampling Rates because they are selling it in CD Format. Hopefully there will be some interesting liner notes on this.

Additionally there are Upsampling CD Players out there that sort of remaster the CD on the fly so to speak. They can upsample a 44.1 kHz CD to 96,192,384,512 or 768 kHz. The Cary CDP-1 has 4 Burr Brown PCM 1792 DACs , two for each channel, and 3 Motorolla 48-bit microprocessors. This is some really High -End Audio but those that have a few thousand extra can really upgrade the quality of there old CDs.

Fortunately with al the new HD Audio on its way Studio Master Quality HD Audio will be reasonably affordable. For all those old CDs the High-End equipment upsampling CD Players will become more affordable in a year or so.


Last edited by Trendmonger on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5104
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
punknaynowned wrote:
hahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!
yeh sure the deal said they sent the harddrive to Filipetti, sure, of course, but why that? tape means a copy, and I didn't specify THE master tape,
hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahahaahaa!!!
show me yer thumb


I am not trying to be a hard ass with you. I did realize you did not say Master Tape. I just wanted to let anyone know who read your post that tapes Of Any Format that are part of The Vault archives do not leave UMRK. The ZFT have spent a ton of money upgrading the UMRK. When they want to get an engineer involved that has his own studio possibly 3,000 miles away they never send the Master Tapes no matter the source be it 2 track Cassette or Multiple 24 Track Digitals.

I just think it's a general important fact for fans to understand the care the ZFT goes to in protecting the master tapes. i think it is great that they get engineers like joe Chicarelli and Frank Fillipetti involved. It is common for top engineering studios to have the latest computer based mxing DSWs. While the ZFT have their own DSW they at times want to get some great engineers involved. Not that Dweezil is an engineering slouch by any means. The ZFT bake the Tapes by themselves if necessary then transfer them to Nuendo where these engineers can work on the Nuendo Files on their DSW. That is all these engineers need as far as digital representation of the master tapes.

Frank Filipetti is a leader in HD Audio where he has stated everything should go to 96Khz/24 bit resolution. CD technology and MP3 will soon die. Things have adn will continue to move towards HD Audio. That is what predominantly Frank Fillipetti works with. Get used to that Keyword, HD Audio. In 2007 you will be hearing that alot more.

High Definition Audio..............


TRANCE-FUSION


I do not call a Pirated Cassette from the UMRK Soundboard a UMRK Master. The Trance Fusion CD that was released back in October of 2006 is from a new Master. That Pirated Audio Cassete that was Traded is from a totally different master or made direclty from several build reels. I am sure you are aware of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group