Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm 

I don't mind the small price tags, when you pull an antique album off the rack that you bought in your youth, it's freaky to see that, in some cases, over fourty year old $1.99 price tag.

However the giant two inch by two inch super buy type ones, to me, are vandalism.....I used to go to great lengths with a hair dryer and solvents to remove those things without damaging the art work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 pm 

Record Store Day Unveils Full List Of 2018 Releases
Mar 6, 2018
•11:44 am PST
•By Scott Bernstein

As reported, Phish will issue Billy Breathes on vinyl and Jerry Garcia’s Run For The Roses is coming to vinyl this Record Store Day (Saturday, April 21). The full list of Record Store Day special releases has been unveiled and includes releases from the Grateful Dead, David Bowie, Frank Zappa, Arcade Fire, Gov’t Mule, Led Zeppelin, Prince, the Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Trampled By Turtles, Neil Young, the Allman Brothers Band, Wilco and many more.

The Grateful Dead will issue 6,700 copies of their February 27, 1969 show at Fillmore West in San Francisco on vinyl. GD drummer Mickey Hart released RAMU last year and the LP will be available on vinyl this Record Store Day. Gov’t Mule will put out 2,000 copies of Girl With No Self-Esteem, a 12″ vinyl featuring two previously unreleased tracks from the Revolution Come…Revolution Go sessions, while Arcade Fire will release 3,000 copies of EP, a 2003 album that preceded Funeral, on vinyl for the first time.

David Bowie’s camp is unveiling three special releases on Record Store Day. A rare 1977 U.S. compilation LP Bowie Now is coming out on white vinyl; Welcome To The Blackout (Live In London ’78) is a previously unreleased 3LP set recorded live at Earls Court in London on June 30 and July 1, 1978; while the first appearance of the full length “Let’s Dance” demo will be available on 12″ vinyl.

Jimmy Page has mined the Led Zeppelin vault to produce two previously unreleased tracks as the “Friends”/”Rock & Roll” 7″ vinyl. As for Prince, The Purple One’s seven-track, single LP version of 1999 has been unavailable on vinyl for 35 years and that will change on Record Store Day. The Chris Robinson Brotherhood are going the live release route by unveiling Raven’s Reels – Knoxville on vinyl featuring the band’s September 24, 2017 performance at the Bijou Theater. Then there’s Trampled By Turtles, who recorded a cover of Tom Petty’s “Wildflowers” that will front a 7″ vinyl with a track from their forthcoming LP on the back, while Wilco will issue 5,000 copies of their November 12, 1996 set at the Troubadour in Hollywood on vinyl. As for Frank Zappa, the Zappa Family Trust will unveil 4,000 copies of Lumpy Gravy: Primordial containing FZ’s first orchestral-only edit of the music sessions recorded at Capitol Studios during 1967.

https://www.jambase.com/article/record- ... 8-releases

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 am 

or 29.11.19

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/heres_r ... y_releases

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:30 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 pm 

^^^^^ Very Cool ^^^^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:02 am 

^^neat record slime!^^
I thought about checking this one out. Then I drove past the record store and saw the line of people half way around the block and decided against it. If there was a huge discount it might be worth it, but in my experience you can usually get the RSD releases off ebay for about the same price at a later date.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:51 am 

cory1984 wrote:
I thought about checking this one out. Then I drove past the record store and saw the line of people half way around the block and decided against it. If there was a huge discount it might be worth it, but in my experience you can usually get the RSD releases off ebay for about the same price at a later date.

I skipped it this time too, mainly because there was nothing much I really had to have. I did already order the FZ online this morning, even though I'm not a huge fan of picture discs. Otherwise, the Miles Davis, Dr. John, Buffy Sainte-Marie, and Steppenwolf titles were all in the "interesting, but do I really need them?" category.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:34 pm 

Shrewnews wrote:
cory1984 wrote:

I skipped it this time too, mainly because there was nothing much I really had to have. I did already order the FZ online this morning, even though I'm not a huge fan of picture discs. Otherwise, the Miles Davis, Dr. John, Buffy Sainte-Marie, and Steppenwolf titles were all in the "interesting, but do I really need them?" category.

That Buffy Sainte-Marie is insane! I have an original ,it has all sorts of old-time electronics and voice filters...and is really creepy. It would be so cool on Yellow vinyl.

Now the Zappa picture disc....I was not sure if all the things on it are in the "big box". So is it just for pic-disc collectors?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:51 am 

penguini wrote:
Now the Zappa picture disc....I was not sure if all the things on it are in the "big box". So is it just for pic-disc collectors?

Yes, all four tracks will be on the box set.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:31 pm 

Proud owner of #0682.

Are the rhythm tracks mixed in stereo or mono?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5